Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  L67 Swap Pictures "Project Death-Trap" (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
L67 Swap Pictures "Project Death-Trap" by RandomTask
Started on: 05-12-2005 10:55 AM
Replies: 71
Last post by: USFiero on 12-13-2005 11:08 PM
RandomTask

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
So I just got off the phone with lowfierogt, Tony is a great guy, I dunno why he has so many negatives...?
IP: Logged
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

Any suggestions for the belt/ that tensioner?

You need the GTP coil pack/tensioner setup for it to work in the Fiero without it hitting the firewall of the car. It is the cast iron version and can be founds on all GTP motors. They can be found on CLub GP for about $75.00 or get a hold of Ed Morad on the Club GP Forum for one.

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post06-29-2005 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

You need the GTP coil pack/tensioner setup for it to work in the Fiero without it hitting the firewall of the car. It is the cast iron version and can be founds on all GTP motors. They can be found on CLub GP for about $75.00 or get a hold of Ed Morad on the Club GP Forum for one.

If you can't find one I have it.

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
so do I need that tensioner on top of those other parts that you listed?
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
You gonna get personalized plates?

DTH TRAP

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
already getting them, FYR HZD
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I will try to get a pic of my gtp style bracket...its a piece of boat anchor iron though, and I want to get rid of any idler/tensior pulley when possible and try to find a short belt(s) setup...

here is a thread about belt routing.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
98 gtp coilpack bracket:

note the gtp tensioner pulley is also positioned different from the park avenue.

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
That picture is a little vague, but I think i see what you're showing... Thanks for the pic.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2005 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, its close to a shortblock right now so I cant get better pix of the pulley setup.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2005 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I have a pic of my setup with the coil bracket shown above. I cut the 'dog bone' mount part off it, and I'm also not using it to mount the coils. Let me know if you'd like, I'll post it
PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
So I went up to MD yesterday/last night up lowfiergt (tony's) place. I didn't take my explorer as I was taking the the motor up for him to take the pulley off. This meant I had no AC or radio so I stopped by D.C. to pick my friend up. So when we finally got up there it was 10 PM, and I got to see his Fiero collection. First, that GT that his selling is absolutely gorgeous and worth every penny. Second, my friend and I have determined that Tony is our hero. And last thing Tony, what was it, $250 for mounts (that were not painted and missing two bolts ) $50 for the gas tank, and $30 for your time to pull the pulley, that equates to $330, I gave you $340. I have discussed this with Evan for the difference, either A. Beer, B. Women (Barbie?), or C. (I love this one) Cookout at your place WITH beer, followed by a cruise through MD-27 (which was an awesome road) followed by woman in the hot tub (again, barbie..?) We have also determined your neighborhood, while in BFE, is like a grown up college town. Its friggin awesome! Anyways, we drove straight home (yorktown) from your place last night, took 4 hours, so we got here at 3am.

Also , I'm gonna call today about those fuel rails and see when we can get into the shop.

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post07-02-2005 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post
I had a good talk with you guys, Can't wait to go and see you out in VA. I hope your happy with the parts and if you need more help make sure you call me with a phone that works. Next time you come we will invite Barbie over.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to figure out the mounting situation for the front mount... I'm a little confused onto how it bolts up, do you have any pics? or anyone?
Weponhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WeponheadSend a Private Message to WeponheadDirect Link to This Post
haha yea tony definetly has an interesting group of neighbors.. guess i shoulda come over there eh? and thats a hell of a drive for some parts guys.. and Why do you like Rt .27? hehe thats a main drag around here come on out and i'll show you some backroads

PS: i think im gonna set up a maryland fiero get together at my farm .. "way out really in BFE compared to tony and only 20 minutes away from him" .. you guys are more than welcome if you wanna join and im sure we'll have a cruise to do.

[This message has been edited by Weponhead (edited 07-02-2005).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I'll be in... just gotta finish this car!
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

So heres a question, last night I read something saying the clutch needs to be machined down to .840" from the ring gear. I had this one machined to .840" from the mounting surface, (where my hand is) just a little worried, someone have an answer?
timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerDirect Link to This Post

i think this is the routing for the belt . the tensioner should pull way up towards the alternator

------------------
modding one day at a time .critique me dont critisize . try to be objective dont troll

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timmer:

i think this is the routing for the belt . the tensioner should pull way up towards the alternator

hahaha, I wish it was that easy . Is there sarcasm inserted in that post? A couple things are wrong. First, the belts are at different spacings from the motor, its two systems, not one (look at the crank pulley) 2nd. The top right pulley in the picture is not going to be there, it interferes with the decklid. talking to tony, I think i have it all figured out. Thanks

timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerDirect Link to This Post
no problem ,i didn't see the diffference on the bottom pully . no sarcasm intended. good luck it will be interesting to see it done
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Joe, I gotta work today/tomorrow (school is killin me..) I don't know how much time I can commit but hope to come by (weather permitting) sometime. I'll give you a call!!

Originally posted by Toddster:
You gonna get personalized plates?
DTH TRAP

already getting them, FYR HZD

------------------
John DuRetteThis images is larger than 100K. Click to view.Custom 85 SE
"Kinda makes you nostalgic for a Members Only jacket"

PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Hahahaha, awesome I'm running over saturday to U WRENCH IT, you want me to look out for anything for you?
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005

Originally posted by timmer:

no problem ,i didn't see the diffference on the bottom pully . no sarcasm intended. good luck it will be interesting to see it done

Interesting? Its gonna be damn sexy

If anyone here on the forum is ever in the area when it is done, send me a PM and I'll be more than willing to let you take her out

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

So heres a question, last night I read something saying the clutch needs to be machined down to .840" from the ring gear. I had this one machined to .840" from the mounting surface, (where my hand is) just a little worried, someone have an answer?

.84o from the mounting surface of the flywheel to the crank - - - to the friction surface for the flywheel.

Sounds like you got 'er where she should be.

GL!
--Allen

------------------

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Hahahaha, awesome I'm running over saturday to U WRENCH IT, you want me to look out for anything for you?

wish I had some $$$ I'm always looking for the motor/tranny swap

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Well there was NOTHING at u-wrench-it (which is now pick-n-pull). Usually there are about 3-4 Fiero's. This time there were none I did however pick up my oil filter adapter the one that pushes the filter foward (WCF list's it for $74). Picked it up for $3 and was on my way... Oh and I got a LOT done over the last couple of days, and have TONS of pictures. Will post them this afternoon.

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 07-17-2005).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
More pics to come this afternoon!
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005
I hope this adapter will work, picked it up at the local pick-n-pull...

So I switched the valve covers (painting them in the process) I'm going to redo them again, it was hard to get teh silver in there, and as you can see, it ran a little, causing it to look blocky... I also pulled the fuel rail and painted that.

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005
Trying to load more pics, PIP is down right now
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005

USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2005 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

<BUMP> so thats what you need help with? Yikes! you have a wiring diagram, right? How's this comin'?

PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USFiero: How's this comin'?

Well, ya went and sold it, huh?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock