Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  NEED: RED GT in New Orleans for Movie! (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
NEED: RED GT in New Orleans for Movie! by SNMFX
Started on: 04-05-2005 12:05 AM
Replies: 174
Last post by: Tinton on 03-22-2006 07:12 PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

I saw Underworld:Evolution Saturday and saw the preview for the movie. No clip of the Fiero anywhere in the preview though

Yeah Exodu5 saved me a trip to the theater, the trailer is running but no Fiero. The trailer showing in the theater is obviously not the same as the preliminary one SNMFX saw back in November last year. Maybe there will be a second trailer, maybe not. In either case the Fiero should be in the movie. It's pretty critical to the scene.

Edit: I own page 4

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-22-2006).]

IP: Logged
Spyhunter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by clintyrd skynyrd:

Looks as if Frankie in this shot is leaning against the side of the car. Notice the red and the t-top glass. Im thinking it's the back of the top of the car. Not really sure. Just could be like a red table or something. See for yourself!

I think its not the car, i don't know but its a new picture!

The red thing is probably the open red folder below the laptop in the other screenshot posted.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2006 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
For some reason the "Stay Alive" trailer is still not working on the Touchstone website, but I did find a copy of it on a MTV webpage. It's very touchy and won't even play on my computer, (although I did get it to play on another computer), so your results may vary. It definitely won't work if you are using Firefox.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/movie/279134/moviemain.jhtml

The scene were Jimi Simpson is standing on the road alone is the scene where my car is...unfortunately the shot in the trailer is too tight and you can't see the car.
onfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onfireSend a Private Message to onfireDirect Link to This Post
You can also see it here but the MTV version is better quality.

http://stayalive.movies.go.com/

edit: actually this website does give you options for various formats and quality.

------------------

[This message has been edited by onfire (edited 02-09-2006).]

Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
anyone know how much actual screen time the car is in?

also....has anyone seen THE ALIBI, mentioned earlier? anyone know the screen time the car is seen in that movie?

mike

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for posting that link!!

I have no idea how much screen time until I see the movie, but the car worked for several days during the shooting of the film

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 02-09-2006).]

jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2006 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashDirect Link to This Post
I really think this flick needs another Fiero in it!!!!!!!1
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
A clip from the video game...but still no Fiero. Be patient my friends:

mms://209.133.64.140/vod/STAY_ALIVE.wmv

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2006 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
"New Official Movie Site"

This movie actually looks pretty damn good. I'll have to check it out, then buy it, lol.

MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearDirect Link to This Post
Stay Alive is listed with Netflix but doesn't have a release date on it yet. Got it reserved.
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
Bump...movie comes out on 3-24!!!
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2006 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I'll be at the first show that day checking it out.

The official website has some new content...download wallpaper and screensavers. Still no shots of the car. They are going to make me wait for that obviously.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Here's a poster you probably won't see:

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
OH man! I can't wait!
drummer5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drummer5Send a Private Message to drummer5Direct Link to This Post
I've been seeing commercials for it pretty regularly lately.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2006 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Yep, seen some commercials, looks pretty good so far
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post
Im kind of wondering what this will do for the fiero, You guys remember Fast&Furious ?
look what that did to the street racing seine, Think of all of the nice cars that were butchered
by kid thinking Vinil's, Fart cans, and erector set wings, are cool, because they seen them on Fast&furious, Now think ahead, FieroGT's are farly atractive cars, and many younger people dont even know they exist. now once they wathc this movie, They will become curious, and what one for them selfs, And right now you can get anything Fiero related farly cheap. now suppose
there is a hype about them after this movie, Ok now we have colectors, and youngsters. all over buying up as many FieroGts as they can, Fine right? well now we will be paying much more for repro parts, and used parts wont exist, oh and what about the impact on current enthusiast,
who are saving for their first Fastback. They will have to pay much more for the car, and the choices will be ever more limited, Now what about us budget minded enthuiast? Many enjoy fieros becasue they are inexpensive. and farly easy to find parts for, I dont want to be forced to pay more because of some minimal publicity in a movie.

SNMFX

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2006 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
FieroGT3800-You are a MO-RON
Did ACTION JACKSON ruin the Fiero like the Fast and Furious?
Dis CSI ruin the Fiero like the Fast and Furious???
Did Star Trek 4 ruin the Fiero like the Fast and Furious???

Think before you type this kind of crap.

EXPOSURE IS EVERYTHING

His car looks amazing in the film...give credit where credit is due and leave your NEGATIVE BS to yourself.
Come On!!!!! What is your MAJOR MALFUNCTION?????

And by the way: The Fast And Furious SPARKED the whole tuner car revolution...RICERS, Euro imports, and American cars like the Fiero (which is the car all those Furious Racers strive to be and look like).

I don't understand NEGATIVE people like you.

I hope all Fiero Parts Vendors charge you triple for the MINIMAL EXPOSURE you cheap-ass.

[This message has been edited by SNMFX (edited 03-16-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SNMFX:

His car looks amazing in the film...

Well I'm disappointed my car hasn't made it into the trailers I've seen...but I will be there on opening day first in line.

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post

EXPOSURE IS EVERYTHING

His car looks amazing in the film...give credit where credit is due and leave your NEGATIVE BS to yourself.

And by the way: The Fast And Furious SPARKED the whole tuner car revolution...RICERS, Euro imports, and American cars like the Fiero (which is the car all those Furious Racers strive to be and look like).

I hope all Fiero Parts Vendors charge you triple for the MINIMAL EXPOSURE you cheap-ass.

Seriously - after reading your post in the FOCOA thread and now this one - please calm down! I can feel the hyperactivity right through the computer.

He had a point - he's entitled to make it. He's not bashing the movie and has a legitimate concern. Most (not all) of the members on here are older or prefer classic cars/non-tuned domestics and don't particularly want to see that happen to the Fiero. Everyone's entitled to disagree with his/her opinion but attacks in return aren't warranted. Just like in the FOCOA thread you assumed people were assailing you - don't take this stuff personally. We're all looking forward to see Jscott's Fiero in the movie and think it is great for the Fiero community.

~ Jennifer

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:
Seriously - after reading your post in the FOCOA thread and now this one - please calm down!...

I completely agree. Lighten up.
Jeesh.

PFF
System Bot
fieroman_5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman_5000Send a Private Message to fieroman_5000Direct Link to This Post
WOW...Maybe I should watch more TV and/or movies, or maybe surf the web more but I just now found out about this Fiero-in-a-movie and it is going to be released in a little over a week o.0 Well....Congrats jscott1! I will also go see it on opening day

~Shane

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
I think there is a distinct difference between a movie like "Fast and the Furious" which is a movie that showcased cars that were done up, and a movie like "Stay Alive" which is a movie about a horror twist on video games, which happens to have a done up car in a few scenes. I think Some may be looking at what this exposure will do a little too hard. Because I think unless there is an amazing chase scene in this movie involving the Fiero which is a similarly fantastic like the bullet mustang scene with Steve McQueen I doubt there will be much impact.

I dont doubt that if the Fiero is presented well in the scenes it is in that there will be people who go "hmm....anyone know what the red car was in that movie Stay Alive?..a Fiero hmm?" and then they may go home and look on the internet at images untill they find one which resembles the one they saw in the movie. And perhaps their idle curiosiity will prompt them to purchase one, or perhaps it wont.

But thinking that this movie will provoke hordes of people to go out and snatch up all Fieros for sale and then turn them into Stay Alive Fiero clones and ricer cars, or spark some Nirvana like revival for fieros, bringing them to the glory we all wish they would be cast into, is I think extremely unrealistic.

I think we should all just be happy one of our little cars got to be in a movie where it was not made fun of, or run over by a Hummer H2, and hope we dont think the movie we just spent $7.50 on was a 2 hour dud with a few orgasmic Fiero scenes

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 03-16-2006).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

I think there is a distinct difference between a movie like "Fast and the Furious" which is a movie that showcased cars that were done up, and a movie like "Stay Alive" which is a movie about a horror twist on video games, which happens to have a done up car in a few scenes. I think Some may be looking at what this exposure will do a little too hard. Because I think unless there is an amazing chase scene in this movie involving the Fiero which is a similarly fantastic like the bullet mustang scene with Steve McQueen I doubt there will be much impact.

I dont doubt that if the Fiero is presented well in the scenes it is in that there will be people who go "hmm....anyone know what the red car was in that movie Stay Alive?..a Fiero hmm?" and then they may go home and look on the internet at images untill they find one which resembles the one they saw in the movie. And perhaps their idle curiosiity will prompt them to purchase one, or perhaps it wont.

But thinking that this movie will provoke hordes of people to go out and snatch up all Fieros for sale and then turn them into Stay Alive Fiero clones and ricer cars, or spark some Nirvana like revival for fieros, bringing them to the glory we all wish they would be cast into, is I think extremely unrealistic.

I think we should all just be happy one of our little cars got to be in a movie where it was not made fun of, or run over by a Hummer H2, and hope we dont think the movie we just spent $7.50 on was a 2 hour dud with a few orgasmic Fiero scenes

Couldn't have said it better myself! Except that my hope for "orgasmic... scenes" doesn't necessarily include Fieros

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 03-16-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2006 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

I couldn't have said it better... For the right price they could have the actual "Stay Alive Fiero"

Based on the script I don't forsee any Bullet like Steve McQueen scenes. Most people off this board probably won't even notice that a Fiero was in this movie, (just another red sporty looking car). Although some may be confused as to why it looks like a Firebird on the inside

- Jonathan

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-16-2006).]

SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-17-2006 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't bashing or mad, but when you talk crap i'll give it back to you...especially when you don't know what you are talking about...but thank you for your concern for me Jennifer. Regarding the FOCOA...I was speaking facts and my opinions of Gloria because I know these people personally...again I wasn't mad, but thank you again Jennifer for evaluating my mood based on the written word and no real physical emotions you witnessed. But I apologize if my written word was too strong.

The movie STAY ALIVE is getting commerical play all over the place...it's going to be big!!!

Everyone should be excited because the Fiero GT plays a major part in many of the scenes.

I'm going to watch KENTUCKY play in the NCAA tournament with the guys who made the movie tonight!!!
I will find out more about the pic and let everyone know.

All Fiero Clubs should roll into the theatres in groups so everyone can see our beautiful cars after they see the film!!!!

[This message has been edited by SNMFX (edited 03-17-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2006 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Everyone should be excited because the Fiero GT plays a major part in many of the scenes.

I'm going to watch KENTUCKY play in the NCAA tournament with the guys who made the movie tonight!!!
I will find out more about the pic and let everyone know.

Steve, Thanks for all you have done. Without your influence there would not have been a Fiero in this picture. Tell Brent I said thanks and if he happens to have any promotional material, (Hats, T-shirts, posters, etc) I wouldn't mind handing them out at Daytona next week for him.

fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post

EXPOSURE IS EVERYTHING

There was no need for that rude reply, Im sorry that i care more about the future of the fiero side of the car hobby, than a movie.

Dont even mention movies like, startrek or tv shows where the car play's a minimal role, or in the case of startrek, none.

This is a Major role in a Major film,

Now i dont understand how you could say im a negitive person, What could be negitive about caring for
the car? I never said this movie was a bad thing either, In fact ill be first in line at the movie theatre,

I simply gave attention to the possiblty of a possible negitive impact on fiero owner's and maybe even the car,

You had no good reason to blurt out offensive comment like you did. period.

And sure, i know whats next, your going to leave another comment back about me not having a reason to leave my comment, right?

well save your breath, I metioned a possible affect on the fiero. thats all, Now im going to be the mature person, and walk away from this thread and not bother to reply to any more of your rude comments.
I Value this forum too much to have people like you, that want to pick fights over things they feel diffently about, and ruin it for us that use it to exchange, valueble guidence and information,

now from what i understand you were the one who recruited the Fiero for the role in the movie,
Thank you for picking our car, Im glad to see it used, I can see your sticking up for the movie,
thats fine, but it was very unperfessional to they picking a fight, and speaking so rudely, And what i mentioned, is a posibillty, so there should not have been such a rude come back, now im off to use this forum for what it was intended for, helping fellow fiero enthusiast.

see you at the theatre...................

------------------
85 GT, 3800 swap, fastback, bright blue met.
85.5 Porsche 944 euro
73 VW Karmann Ghia convertible

[This message has been edited by fierogt3800 (edited 03-18-2006).]

SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
FIEROGT3800
First off..I already apologized for my strong words to you, but I see you are from Ohio so I can't help but give you a little ribbing.
Second...you were very Negative...both towards the movie and the exposure the fiero will be getting.
I called you a Mo-Ron...it's a quip from a movie to get a chuckle from people...not meant to offend you, but meant to let you know that your thinking is completely wrong and very uneducated.
The price of the Fiero has already started to increase because it is a 20 year old car (Classic), that won't change it will keep going up...this movie will only have a positive impact for our cars and help push that number up.
That is great for us Fiero Owners...I've owned Fieros since 1984...and True collectors like me and most on this forum want their cars to Gain Value.
People who don't own Fieros yet will hopefully go out in packs after this movie and snatch up a Fiero.
Have you ever heard of Supply and Demand?
When all these people you FEAR buy the cars it will make our Fieros more rare and worth more...which is good.
It will also generate MORE supply for parts from Vendors because more people will need the parts to keep their Fieros running. Therefore more parts will have to be made...thats good for Fiero Owners and Parts Vendors and Repair Shops and Fiero Clubs.
Basically this movie will have a positive impact on our cars and on the future of Parts Available.
You need to learn your economics and see how positive EXPOSURE really is!!!

ps. You must be blind if you didn't see the Fiero in Star Trek IV... its cruising around San Francisco

SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2006 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post

SNMFX

436 posts
Member since Mar 2004
JScott Please PM with the Hotel Address for the movie stuff to pass out ASAP!!!!

By the way...I saw a huge scene completely centered around your car with the actors sitting around it having a conversation...the PONTIAC from the taillights proudly displayed.

Pontiac is going to freak out with the exposure they will be getting!!!!

ALL CLUBS NEED TO GO TO THE MOVIE IN THEIR FIEROS!!! MAKE PROUD2 PROUD!!!!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Jscott1,

Where are you going to see the movie ? You will be in Daytona at the time right ?

PFF
System Bot
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoDirect Link to This Post
jscott1:

I just found your car and it is BOSS. I think your interior is the best job I have ever seen and the installation of the "T" top must have been fun.

Can you post more photos of the car again? I had to do a search for the photos I found

GREAT JOB.
Ed

------------------
Fino
www.feroce.us
Member National Kit Car Club

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
SNMFX - PM sent

Exoticse - I can't find any showtimes available on-line yet, but I'm assuming it will be playing at the AMC Volusia Square 8 down the way a bit from the speedway. I will probably be at the first show available on Friday.

Fino - Thanks for the good words. Here are some recent pics that I took today. My car is the red one LOL

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-18-2006).]

red84sematt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84semattSend a Private Message to red84semattDirect Link to This Post
anyone know if its showing in wisconsin gotta see this movie a horror fan and as a fiero owner will drive my car there and show it off to the whole world i love this its awsome man this rulesss!!

------------------
hi hope you enjoyed what ive shared ttyl

NorthFloridaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Awesome.
I'm all in for cruising the theater to watch it in daytona
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
My car is the red one LOL

Now if you would just have had a busty woman in there I could get away with saying "what red one?"

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

Im kind of wondering what this will do for the fiero, You guys remember Fast&Furious ?
look what that did to the street racing seine, Think of all of the nice cars that were butchered
by kid thinking Vinil's, Fart cans, and erector set wings, are cool, because they seen them on Fast&furious,

Oh, please!!
The Fast and the Furious movies did not start or create what you are talking about, these movies were made about street racing and the import scene which had already been going on years before the first fast and Furious was made. You trying to suggest that street racing didn't exist or was elevated by a movie? How old are you? Street racing and modding cars has been around for almost as long as cars have been around, and street racing and the whole "import" or "custom compact" scene is just the latest extension of modding and tuning cars, but now with more current late model cars. Since the market is flooded with many import cars that is what many "tuners" are obviously using these days.
Anybody ever see movies like American Graffitti or Rebel without a Cause? Did seeing American Graffitti cause or make worse street racing back then? Of course not.
To blame a movie like Fast and Furious for causing street racing or the custom compact import scene would be almost like blaming the movie Apocalypse Now for causing the Vietnam War. The movie was about it, it didn't cause it.

Gecko

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2006 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeckoSend a Private Message to GeckoDirect Link to This Post
I hadn't read this until today, and wasn't planning on seeing that movie either. Not really a fan of horror movies.......but now I have to see it.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
OPENS FRIDAY MARCH 24, 2006

fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2006 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Oh, please!!
The Fast and the Furious movies did not start or create what you are talking about, these movies were made about street racing and the import scene which had already been going on years before the first fast and Furious was made. You trying to suggest that street racing didn't exist or was elevated by a movie? How old are you? Street racing and modding cars has been around for almost as long as cars have been around, and street racing and the whole "import" or "custom compact" scene is just the latest extension of modding and tuning cars, but now with more current late model cars. Since the market is flooded with many import cars that is what many "tuners" are obviously using these days.
Anybody ever see movies like American Graffitti or Rebel without a Cause? Did seeing American Graffitti cause or make worse street racing back then? Of course not.
To blame a movie like Fast and Furious for causing street racing or the custom compact import scene would be almost like blaming the movie Apocalypse Now for causing the Vietnam War. The movie was about it, it didn't cause it.

I never said it started anything, except a trend of tasteless modder's who ruined the image, and true racing scene for real tuners, Now this discussion is over! if you want to be one to start offending arguments, then you better take it to the OT or find a different forum.
like ive said before, this forum is too valueble, to loose because of people who get upset when another person voice's there opionion. I'm not going to bother replying to anymore comments like your's so do not waste your breath to type a rebuttle. goodbye

[This message has been edited by fierogt3800 (edited 03-20-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock