Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  NEED: RED GT in New Orleans for Movie! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
NEED: RED GT in New Orleans for Movie! by SNMFX
Started on: 04-05-2005 12:05 AM
Replies: 174
Last post by: Tinton on 03-22-2006 07:12 PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2005 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Since you bumped it, let me give you an update...

Filming with the t-top has been completed. I am awaiting word from the director that all the shots came out as expected and no retakes are required. After that I will head down with an empty trailer and retrieve the T-top.

MissTress was unable to get out to the location shooting as she has had some new issues with the "Hottie" Since it is her daily transportation she was not able to make it out. Sure miss the "Hottie diaries don't you?"

Anyway I'll give you a taste of the Fiero's big scene:

A character named "Phineus" will be driving the Fiero on a lonely road towards an old Plantation. The weather will start out with a clear blue sky then suddenly dark black clouds will roll in; and the car will stall. I know, that sounds bad, but it will stall not like a 17 year old car, but in a "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" something weird is about to happen way. Then Phineus will get out of the car to investigate and that's when the really wierd stuff starts to happen. I can't tell you anymore without spoiling it for you, but needless to say the Fiero will be involved in the wierdness.

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

IP: Logged
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2005 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
MissTress was unable to get out to the location shooting as she has had some new issues with the "Hottie" Since it is her daily transportation she was not able to make it out. Sure miss the "Hottie diaries don't you?"

Damn straight, Jonathan. I often scan General hoping to see a new Diary thread, and then get disappointed. Then I see an older Tress thread bumped, and I think "She's Back!"... only to find it is another lost fan wishing her well and a quick return.

I miss the whole excitement of buying your first Fiero. The sluething when they found the low mileage GT...

Tress, I know you lurk... (well, I don't know that, but I am making an assumption...)

SO, good luck with the Hottie, and I really miss your updates.
Hope you and the neighborhood had a good Memorial Day!

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2005 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Filming with the t-top has been completed. I am awaiting word from the director that all the shots came out as expected and no retakes are required. After that I will head down with an empty trailer and retrieve the T-top.

At least you didn't get a call saying the close call was a little too close...

Good luck with the Hottie, 'Tress. I'm sure there's a few here that won't mind a PM if you need anything. Hope you're still documenting and taking a ton of pics for later posting.

------------------
black 85 GT on the road soon... REAL soon....

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2005 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

...but it will stall not like a 17 year old car, but in a "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" something weird is about to happen way. Then Phineus will get out of the car to investigate and that's when the really wierd stuff starts to happen.

Headline:
"FIERO ABDUCTED BY ALIENS!!! DRIVER LEFT STANDING IN MIDDLE OF ROAD!!!"

I, too, hope that -Tress checks in.
I miss hearing about her adventures.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2005 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Proud-2 is back home from New Orleans after the shooting.

Saturday was the last day of shooting for the film and now all the post-production begins. Next the producers will be looking for a distribution deal and depending on the timing the movie could be out late this year or early next year.

The New Orleans paper has an article about the location shooting. Below is an excerpt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Local location scout Wise Wolfe IV suggested the Docville Oaks in Violet, deep in St. Bernard Parish along the Mississippi River, as the perfect setting for a scene in which a driverless horse-drawn carriage with flickering lanterns materializes in the fog to the surprise of a driver speeding around in a blood red Pontiac Fiero.

------------------

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Fastback (4.9 Chop-top #1 of 1), 1984 Indy...Firebird Interior Installation Website

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-05-2005).]

SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2005 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
Hey I'm gald everything worked out for you. Brent Bell and Matt Peterman are both personal friends of mine, so I knew they would take good care of your baby. They got the idea for the Fiero from me. I drive these guys around in my 1987 Blue GT Daily driver every time we hang out! And yeah I have the Stage 2s!!!! I'm excited for you! I'm glad I could set this up for a Forum member!

------------------

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SNMFX:

Brent Bell and Matt Peterman are both personal friends of mine, so I knew they would take good care of your baby. They got the idea for the Fiero from me.

I figured that's how it must have gotten started. Thanks for setting it up. It isn't often that a Fiero get's to be a feature film, other than the "I saw a Fiero in one frame in the background of so and so movie"

I didn't get to meet Mr Bell but I did talk to him on the phone. I will be excited when the movie comes out. Don't forget about me when it's time for the premiere, I want to walk the red carpet too.

Oneredfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
Now you can. Take a tire of proud 2. Roll it in a big ink pad and make autographs.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2005 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Hummm, name change? >>>>>>>>> VERYProud 2 ???

Wow a celeb. here in TX !!! which car at the ruckus? BOTH????

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
As for the Ruckus...hmmm

My body guy is real anxious to get his hands on Proud-1 so if it has paint by then maybe.

I have about a dozen 5 minute jobs on Proud-2, to get it cleaned up. I had to get replacement registration sticker, the old one was scraped off by the studio. Had to get it re-inspected. Finally passed after I replaced a faulty EGR vacuum line. Had a close call with the lights, they wouldn't go up, after popping the hood I see that the studio unplugged them. Right now I am in the process of re-tinting the windows. I removed the old tint at the studio's request. And I need to touch up the paint on the interior parts. Other than that it's in good shape but still not a trophy winner. Good thing the Ruckus isn't a judged event.

Too bad you can't get a horsepower reading off the dyno. It might make the whole process worthwhile.:

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2005 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Hey I'm gald everything worked out for you. Brent Bell and Matt Peterman are both personal friends of mine, so I knew they would take good care of your baby. They got the idea for the Fiero from me. I drive these guys around in my 1987 Blue GT Daily driver every time we hang out! And yeah I have the Stage 2s!!!! I'm excited for you! I'm glad I could set this up for a Forum member!

Steve, you have PM

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I took the T-top out for it's first spin since it's role in the movie. I've decided to post all updates on this thread as it's become the unofficial thread for Proud-2.

Maybe it's the bright lights of hollywood, or thoughts of fame and fortune, but Proud-2 is about to start a new role as a show car. No more daily driving, no more rush hour traffic, but it will slowly but systematically transform into a show winning car. It might take a while so bear with me. But these pictures will suffice to let you know how it will appear in the movie.

------------------

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post07-25-2005 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
No offense but this has been really nagging me. Are you going to keep the luggage rack on there? I think it'd look so much better without it.

------------------
I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The general consensus is that the deck lid would look better without the luggage rack. I just haven't figured out yet what I want to do back there, (skitime viewing window, mustang vent, mopar 6 pack, etc). In the mean time there is no point removing the rack and having all these hole to fill. I think bondo and primer would look worse.
SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2005 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
I just saw the First Preliminary Trailer for the film, used to show studio execs.
Proud2 was prominently used in two shots in the trailer and they both look fantastic!
If it is in the preliminary trailer this much, imagine how much it will be in the film!!!!
I'll keep everyone posted to the progress as I get the information.
Right now the film is about to be edited.
This will take about 6 months due to several special effects shots that have to be generated by the EFX company.
Katrina destroyed all the props and equipment used in the film, as they were in a low lying storage area.
Theyexpect the storms effects will actually help the film, as it is a horror movie with some weird weather.
This means the hurricane will not delay the opening of this movie.
This is all I know for now, I will post more as I find out about it.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2005 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I just saw the First Preliminary Trailer for the film, used to show studio execs.
Proud2 was prominently used in two shots in the trailer and they both look fantastic!
If it is in the preliminary trailer this much, imagine how much it will be in the film!!!!
I'll keep everyone posted to the progress as I get the information.
Right now the film is about to be edited.
This will take about 6 months due to several special effects shots that have to be generated by the EFX company.
Katrina destroyed all the props and equipment used in the film, as they were in a low lying storage area.
Theyexpect the storms effects will actually help the film, as it is a horror movie with some weird weather.
This means the hurricane will not delay the opening of this movie.
This is all I know for now, I will post more as I find out about it.

What is the name of the movie? Or is that a secret? I'm buying the movie once it arrives on DVD.

SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2005 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2005 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
when can we expect a trailor?
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2005 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Oh come on, sneak peak out here. We need video p-p-p-p-p-leeeaaassseeeee.
SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-09-2005 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
I'll see about a sneak peak of some of the Fiero shots...don't expect much!!!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2005 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

I'll see about a sneak peak of some of the Fiero shots...don't expect much!!!

Thanks, it would be cool just for a little clip.

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2005 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Well someone that goes by msukitra has posted on the Internet Movie Data Base message boards about my car. If that's one of you then thank you:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441796/board/thread/25521694

I know someone who was in it too.

Well not really but kind of, they used my friends car in the movie.
Look for it when the movie comes out, its a red fast back Fiero.
Lucky for my friend they wrapped up the filming with the car about 2 months ago, and got it back.

My friends car cost him over 20k to make, and looks awesome... as I understand it the lead character drives the car... till something "bad" happens.
They asked a bunch of Fiero owners to send pics of their red cars; they didn't chose mine; maybe because it doesn't look as good as his.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The poster design has been completed. Still waiting to see a glimpse of the trailer

Stay Alive Movie Website

Jimmi Simpson as Phineus Bantum (Drove Proud-2 in the Film)

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 12-13-2005).]

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
sweetness..... now does he use the brute force of the fiero for good or eViLl???
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:

now does he use the brute force of the fiero for good or eViLl???

Kind of neither. The Fiero is just an innocent bystander.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Kind of neither. The Fiero is just an innocent bystander.

No ! It can't be
Was it parked on the corner ? Was it going thru a car wash ? Did the innocent bystander get run over by a Hummer ? Did Ferris Bueller's sister drive it home from school ?

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
nah, it got sideswiped on a bridge that led from newyork to copland and was involved in a shoot out which killed both the Fiero's driver and passenger :P
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Well the car should be seen a couple of cool driving scenes.... anxiously awaiting the trailer.

Release date has been made public. March 24, 2006

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5287

First time I see the trailer I will probably scream

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2005 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Release date has been made public. March 24, 2006

Same weekend as Daytona. Those of us in Houston who stay behind should go see the movie together.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2005 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I didnt' make the connection initially, until someone pointed it out to me. Opening night is the same as the friday night in Daytona.

So I suppose while everyone else is out cleaning their cars I will be at the movie theater. And if Proud-1 isn't out the paint shop I may be there in the movie car.

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2005 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Ya gonna get a bumper sticker that says "PROUD - STAR of stay alive" ??

So did they get film of the engine? Thatd be great to propigate the myth "Ahh man is that one of those V8 Fieros?!?"

Checked out thier website, pretty cool

[This message has been edited by 86GT3.4DOHC (edited 12-27-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

Ya gonna get a bumper sticker that says "PROUD - STAR of stay alive" ??

So did they get film of the engine? Thatd be great to propigate the myth "Ahh man is that one of those V8 Fieros?!?"

I probably will make up some kind of sign with shots from the film. I think they may a shot of the engine, but this car is still 2.8 stock. From what I understand the trailer is going to start playing January 20th in front of 'Underworld 2'

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 12-28-2005).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
One week until the trailer starts running in theaters.

So far this is the only still from the film...none of the car so far:

86GT3.4DOHC - That screen shot cracked me up!!

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-13-2006).]

Exodus5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Exodus5Send a Private Message to Exodus5Direct Link to This Post
Found the preview on Touchstone's website:

http://touchstone.movies.go.com/index.html

I think near the end, when the guy is alone on the street looking around, is where the fiero comes into it...but it isn't shown at all in the preview.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Exodus5:

Found the preview on Touchstone's website:

http://touchstone.movies.go.com/index.html

I think near the end, when the guy is alone on the street looking around, is where the fiero comes into it...but it isn't shown at all in the preview.

I've been "googling" all weekend and didn't find this....Good work Exodus5.

Yes, where Jimi Simpson is standing on the road that's the scene where the Fiero will be. Unfortunately this trailer didn't capture it. I'm not a huge horror movie fan but the trailer looked good didn't it?

87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

I'm not a huge horror movie fan but the trailer looked good didn't it?

Yeah, the movie actually does look pretty good, but the only reason I'm going to go see it just to see your car in it!

Hey, maybe this will even boost the value of all our cars!

------------------

Visit my website!
David
2 Corinthians 5: 17
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 5 Speed
2005 Pontiac Grand Am SE, 3400 V6

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
Oh I cant wait to see.
clintyrd skynyrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for clintyrd skynyrdSend a Private Message to clintyrd skynyrdDirect Link to This Post
Looks as if Frankie in this shot is leaning against the side of the car. Notice the red and the t-top glass. Im thinking it's the back of the top of the car. Not really sure. Just could be like a red table or something. See for yourself!

I think its not the car, i don't know but its a new picture!

[This message has been edited by clintyrd skynyrd (edited 01-21-2006).]

Exodus5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Exodus5Send a Private Message to Exodus5Direct Link to This Post

I've been "googling" all weekend and didn't find this....Good work Exodus5.

Yes, where Jimi Simpson is standing on the road that's the scene where the Fiero will be. Unfortunately this trailer didn't capture it. I'm not a huge horror movie fan but the trailer looked good didn't it?

I had to search and search to find it. Also, I went to see "Underworld Evolution" with FieroMGdriver and his wife. We got there maybe 5 minutes after the previews started and didn't see anything about "Stay Alive". Anybody else seen it somewhere? Most of the previews were for action movies (crappy ones, too) but no horror movies.

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
I saw Underworld:Evolution Saturday and saw the preview for the movie. No clip of the Fiero anywhere in the preview though
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock