Started on: 02-01-2005 12:26 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: MstangsBware on 11-10-2005 10:51 PM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I started a Thread a while back with some pictures of my install but cant not find it now. I figured since my install in 98% done that I would start a new one showing off the work I have put into it so far. I started this project back in April and it has lastest longer than expected but going to be well worth it. The car is an 88 T-Top coupe that a friend of mine gave me and the motor is a 97 L-67 on the 4T65EHD transmission. The pictures of the car were taken right after I got it home so one of the T-Tops look odd(glass was replaced with plexiglass by PO). After the swap is complete and on the road with all the bugs worked out, the car will get an aero package on it and repainted. At the same time or maybe even sooner I will put some new shoes on it, 17 X 7 TSW RIbs wrapped in Toyo Proxes. The motor is stock for now and remain fairly stock with only a smaller pulley and maybe some Gen 1 rockers added down the road. The motor has had several parts removed from it to make it a clean install and will get some PBJ fuel rails added once I break down and spend the money on for them. The pictures I have of the motor now do not have some of the parts on it, intake tube,fuel lines, ect but more pictures will be taken and added later. I want to thank all the forum members who have answered my many questions about the install and thank Cliff for PFF. I would like to give a special thanks to FastFieros(Loyde) for answering all my questions and walking me thru any problems I had during the build up and install. I wish I would have taken more pictures during the install but will have to do that on the next one(5 speed/L-67 into an 88 GT). So without anymore rambling on here are the picutures.................

88 T-Top Coupe

L-67 with 4T65EHD

Installed in Car

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 02-02-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Very cool! I'm looking forward to seeing more. The 3800SC is something I'd like to do at some point.
I also am curious as to what the TSW Ribs will look like on the car. I came about this close >.< to buying a set in staggered sizes/offsets for my car, before I found my present wheels.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

Read Nealz Nuze!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-01-2005).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Huh only 1 pic???

oh I see it is NAPPY time for lil' mstang boy

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp., fastest one in Austin,Texas and surrounding areas.........so far

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Very cool! I'm looking forward to seeing more. The 3800SC is something I'd like to do at some point.
I also am curious as to what the TSW Ribs will look like on the car. I came about this close >.< to buying a set in staggered sizes/offsets for my car, before I found my present wheels.

Well I dont have them on the car yet but here is a picture of one of them for everyone else to see what they look like. I am going to have the tires mounted here before to long.

TSW Rib

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Yeah--I know not many pictures for a project that has taken over 8 months to get near completed. Being my first swap I was more into working on it and getting thru it instead of taking pictures but will take more on my next swap. I will update the thread with new pictures as I finish installing the few missing parts, hopefully over the next few days. The only thing I am waiting on now that I dont have is the wiring harness, which is supposed to be done this week.
TennT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
A very nice clean install. I hope it performs as well as it
looks for you.

TG

musicman_L7

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post
Looks good, Stephen!

One question, though... How are you going to put oil in it? You can swap the valve covers, you know...

I like the wheels too... My GT is wearing a set of discontinued TSW Hockenheim R's.

------------------
Nic

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
saw you said possibly rockers, if you do it, throw some valve springs in don't make the same mistake as me. I'm getting valve float up top fixing it this spring with LS6 springs looks great.

------------------
http://formula.cryptnix.com

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 02-02-2005).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by musicman_L7:

Looks good, Stephen!

One question, though... How are you going to put oil in it? You can swap the valve covers, you know...

I like the wheels too... My GT is wearing a set of discontinued TSW Hockenheim R's.

I had the VC swaped but then swapped them back to get the oil cap out of the way. I will fill it with a flexable funnel that I have seen at many auto parts stores. I bought the TSW I ahve off E-Bay from the scratch and dent bin, they have a few dings but nothing to bad. I only payed $230.00 shipped for them so I got a good deal on them.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

saw you said possibly rockers, if you do it, throw some valve springs in don't make the same mistake as me. I'm getting valve float up top fixing it this spring with LS6 springs looks great.

Yeah that is what I have heard from several ppl. I bought a ZZP XP Hot Cam Kit for the motor but decided to hold off and put it in lower milage motor. I want to build up another motor after my 5 speed L-67 for the track.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Should have a few more pictures tonight for the thread.
PFF
System Bot
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
a newer thing the GTP folks are starting is to get the outside of the supercharger jet hot coated
or atleast some form of ceramic coating it looks awsome and will keep the heat down
ill see if i can find a pic

------------------
Rich AIM: ONE FAST 2M8:
86se V6
Gold 86se 355 SBC,
92 BMW 325i

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2005 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Cut / shave those dam engine cover brackets off the fuel rail ! they are fugly

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp., fastest one in Austin,Texas and surrounding areas.........so far

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 03-24-2005).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Running kinda late of posting any new pictures but had to work the last 7 days str8(those being 13 hour days). Then after putting on my engine harness, my back started bothering me so I finally went to the chiroprator to find out I had a slip disk. But I finally got to work on it today and am about 99% done, just ran out of time cause I have to go back to work. I hate being so close but would rather take alittle more time and not make any last minute mistakes. The new picture is with everything that is going on the motor, still pretty clean but will be better with some PRJ fuel rails. Hopefully by next Monday it will be running and possibly on the road.

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
You are going to want to check into this here:

Your fuel lines will come right off that rail unless you get something on there to make sure that they are secure. From the pics that you have taken, they look like they are just pushed on there to get line lengths, and I hope that this is the case. Lots of fuel going over the place is not going to be good on such a good looking install!

Also talk to me about that intake, as Im looking for one like that myself!

--Allen

------------------

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Hey Steven, I changed the lighting a little to note the wiring and hoses a little better. You laid that harness I built in there real nice.

Loyde
http://www.fastfieros.com

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Well I dont have them on the car yet but here is a picture of one of them for everyone else to see what they look like.TSW Rib

You might have said it but what size Rib did you go with, and what size tires are you mounting?

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Very nice install. I love those wheels too. Keep up the good work dude.

------------------

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 13.704@98mph, 1.938 60ft)

My CarDomain Site
My Best Friend's CarDomain Site

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Looking good. You may have yours on the road before mine (you will actually), but at least I got mine running first

Good job...

Bob

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

You are going to want to check into this here:

Your fuel lines will come right off that rail unless you get something on there to make sure that they are secure. From the pics that you have taken, they look like they are just pushed on there to get line lengths, and I hope that this is the case. Lots of fuel going over the place is not going to be good on such a good looking install!

Also talk to me about that intake, as Im looking for one like that myself!

--Allen

Yeah--I have clamps on the fuel lines now, I just ran out of them and had to get a few from work so that part is covered. So should be no issue with them coming off and causing mass destuction.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 02-23-2005).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by FastFieros:

Hey Steven, I changed the lighting a little to note the wiring and hoses a little better. You laid that harness I built in there real nice.

[Loyde
http://www.fastfieros.com

Once again what you said was exactly how it went. The harness layed in there without a hitch, only a few connectors hard to get to but not impossible with a little bending and stretching. I got my ICM harness extended and it went on perfect also. I had planned on having it at the next NTFC meet but since I ran into the back issue, it has slowed me down. But it should be running and on the road by next week if nothing changes in my plans, which always happens. Once again thanks for all the help with the swap and I recommend you to anyone needing a harness or a swap done.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 02-23-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

You might have said it but what size Rib did you go with, and what size tires are you mounting?

The wheels are 17 X 7 with a 42 mm offset on all four rims and I have 225/45/17 mounted on all four corners.. The offset is really not right for the rear but I bought the set of wheels off E_bay a few years ago really cheap. I also dont care for having that wide of a tire on the front but once again I bought the tires cheap from a forum member to mount on them, I plan on correcting the rear offset issue with a new set of rear wheels in either 17 X 7.5 or 18 X 8.5 with the proper offset. At the same time, I will correct the tire issue also but that will be later in the year. I have these mounted on my 88 GT for now till the 3800 is road worthy. They look nice on the GT so they should look the same on the Coupe.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
I do think that for the 88's the offset on the rear can be fixed with a spacer and longer studs?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
219customs@verizon.net
My 86 GT build thread
MY 88 Northstar build thread

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Very nice install. I love those wheels too. Keep up the good work dude.

The car the motor is in, is a match to yours inclucing the flushmount headlights except mine has T-Tops. Well I wouldnt say a match becasue of paint/condtion and all but same body style,year.ect. I am looking forward to starting on my 5 speed 3800 swap once this one is finished and on the road.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by RCR:

Looking good. You may have yours on the road before mine (you will actually), but at least I got mine running first

Good job...

Bob

This swap actaully turned out to be a longer project that expected but arent they all. Taking longer to get it on the road actaully gave me more time to learn more about the swap. The next one will go alot faster and will be better.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

I do think that for the 88's the offset on the rear can be fixed with a spacer and longer studs?

That might be a fix but being the wheels are only 7 inch wide, limits me to the tire width I can use on them. It doesnt look bad to everyone else but I can tell that it doesnt look right myself.

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2005 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
bump for favorites
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
looks good man!

------------------
'87 GT
93 3800sc series I / 4t60e
7.597 1/8mile ET
1.579 60'
88.53 mph

FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
That looks SWEET!!! How does it perform???? Hope as good as it looks! What do you do that keeps you so many hours per week from your toy? That's a hell of a lotta work!
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FormulaGT:

That looks SWEET!!! How does it perform???? Hope as good as it looks! What do you do that keeps you so many hours per week from your toy? That's a hell of a lotta work!

Thanks for the complimants from the various ppl. It will be cranked for the first time tomorrow so I will get back to you on the perform part. As for the work part, I work about 55-70 hours a week at my job depending on the customers needs. Then the time I do have off, I have a wife and 2 little boys to spend time with. So between work, family and then the car it has taken some time to complete but well worth it now it is done. I will have an update tomorrow and maybe even a short video of it being cranked for the first time tomorrow.

FormulaGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaGTSend a Private Message to FormulaGTDirect Link to This Post
I hear you on the Wife - kids part!!! I know this! Hope it runs and performs as good as it looks!
Todd
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I started it for the first time about an hour ago, thought I would be nervous but really wasnt at all. Guess I had confidence in the work that was put into by myself and Lyode on the engine harness. I didnt run it very long, didnt have exhaust fully on and it was rather loud. Have ran into my first problem already, but nothing major, the thermostat housing I make has a pin hole leak in my weld but an easy fix. I had to shut down and get ready for work but will work a little more on it tomorrow if work goes well for me tonight. I plannned of making a video of the first time I cranked it but batteries were dead in the digital camera. I plan on making a short one next time I start it up.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Got the exhaust on and setup right so there are no leaks but have a slight rattle from where the Y-pipe meets the 90 going to the exhaust. TheY- pipe drops down very close to the frame and the nut is vibrating against the frame when running, have to get a bolt with a thinner head on it for the fix. The only other issues is a slightly high idle that will be taken care of once it is on the road. Found a leaky plug wire(hurts when you grab a leaky wire) that was causing slight miss and got that fixed. Still have to bleed the brakes so I can do a road test, was going to happen today but housing shopping ruled that out. I made a short video of the motor and it running but not forsure how to post it on here. I should have it one the roas by next week and driving it daily shortly afterwards. If anyone can help me post the video I would appreciate it.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Well after having to work many 60 hour work weeks and going on a vaction out to Cali for a week, I finally got around to getting my car road worthy. After a little more work, I got to drive my 3800 for the first time, only up/down the street to make sure all was well. First few time was slow and slugish, I am guessing from the motor/trans sitting up for so long. After about 20 miles of up/down the road, it started acting right, only having a slight ticking noise to it and a high idle. Fixed the high idle with one of a few things, I went back and RTVed all gaskets that could have cause vacum leaks and swapped out the 97 TB with a 99 up TB. Was told that the ticking was possibly the Pass side axles that I made for it but after more troubleshooting came to the conclusion it wasnt. After getting brave with it, I took it on its first 5 mile run around the block/down the interstate and all was good except the ticking noise. The next day I took it out to Lyode(FastFieros) for some futher investigation of the noise. This was about a 45 mile trip thru the middle of Dallas in light traffic, was pretty nervous the whole way(didnt help the nerves being the car is not inspected or registered to me yet but it is insured) but I made it there alright. After scanning the car, we found a misfire on plug number 6 that was casuing the ticking noise(bad detonation). After swapping the plug and insuring the boot was fully seated the misfire was gone and the car was running smooth. After a little more tweaking on the PCM the car was running strong and having no issues. We scanned the car while driving it at differant speeds and conditions and had no KR, was told I could drop to a 3.4 pulley with no issue. So before I left I bought a 3.4 MP off of Lyode so I could install it later this week and did so today. I didnt have a chance to drive the car after the install because of work but will do so this weekend. I have already had my first kill with the 3800 against a Acura with a unpainted bodykit on it, I knew the outcome before it started. He took off, I floored it, jumped ahead and let off, then he did the ricer flyby. I will be taking a few more pictures of it once it is washed and waxed(paint needs to be revived), then over the next few weeks it will get aero panels on it and eventually painted. The interior is on the to list also and will be getting a makeover as well...............
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Well after having to work many 60 hour work weeks and going on a vaction out to Cali for a week, I finally got around to getting my car road worthy. After a little more work, I got to drive my 3800 for the first time, only up/down the street to make sure all was well. First few time was slow and slugish, I am guessing from the motor/trans sitting up for so long. After about 20 miles of up/down the road, it started acting right, only having a slight ticking noise to it and a high idle. Fixed the high idle with one of a few things, I went back and RTVed all gaskets that could have cause vacum leaks and swapped out the 97 TB with a 99 up TB. Was told that the ticking was possibly the Pass side axles that I made for it but after more troubleshooting came to the conclusion it wasnt. After getting brave with it, I took it on its first 5 mile run around the block/down the interstate and all was good except the ticking noise. The next day I took it out to Lyode(FastFieros) for some futher investigation of the noise. This was about a 45 mile trip thru the middle of Dallas in light traffic, was pretty nervous the whole way(didnt help the nerves being the car is not inspected or registered to me yet but it is insured) but I made it there alright. After scanning the car, we found a misfire on plug number 6 that was casuing the ticking noise(bad detonation). After swapping the plug and insuring the boot was fully seated the misfire was gone and the car was running smooth. After a little more tweaking on the PCM the car was running strong and having no issues. We scanned the car while driving it at differant speeds and conditions and had no KR, was told I could drop to a 3.4 pulley with no issue. So before I left I bought a 3.4 MP off of Lyode so I could install it later this week and did so today. I didnt have a chance to drive the car after the install because of work but will do so this weekend. I have already had my first kill with the 3800 against a Acura with a unpainted bodykit on it, I knew the outcome before it started. He took off, I floored it, jumped ahead and let off, then he did the ricer flyby. I will be taking a few more pictures of it once it is washed and waxed(paint needs to be revived), then over the next few weeks it will get aero panels on it and eventually painted. The interior is on the to list also and will be getting a makeover as well...............

Gald to have helped you with having a FastFiero... Enjoy !

Loyde

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2005 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great mstangs! But after all this, you don't convey any sense of jubilance after having driven a car that you swapped a 3800 s/c into? Tell us how it compares and if it was what you were expecting, something a little more captivating

------------------

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2005 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

Sounds great mstangs! But after all this, you don't convey any sense of jubilance after having driven a car that you swapped a 3800 s/c into? Tell us how it compares and if it was what you were expecting, something a little more captivating

I am excited about getting to finally drive the car and show it off to my co workers who have been giving me hell about getting it done. I will be even more excited once it is fully legal and I can drive it like I stole it. Comparing it to a 2.8 Fiero, well there is no comparision to do, I drove my 88 GT with the 2.8 in it to work the following day and well lets jsut say its slow. I havent really got to push the car to the limits yet either, the rear tires on it are cheap/wore and the Eibachs/KYBs in the rear with the 3800 are not a good combonation, very bouncy. The guys at work wanted a ride in it and all of them where impressed with its get up and go and the sound of the SC. Like I said once I get it 100% legal there will be stories to tell about it, theres not to many days I drive to work in the Fiero and dont get challenged to a race.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Not alot of interest in this Thead but to keep it alive and a place I can keep it half azz documented in a way. I took some pictures of the car in its current state, I am going to start the transformation on it tonight. It will go from what you see now to having an aero package on it minus the lower door trim(might go with intergrated rockers later). Hopefully I will finish most of the panels tonight and finish up tomorrow if time permits. Havent decided what color its going to be, either factory red or maybe jet black. Either way I will hopefully have it painted shortly after the panels are swapped, shortly being within 2 months. The car will also get the wheels/tired that are pictured above.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2005 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Well after a few hours of work and some Easter egg coloring I ended up with this.

I got the fenders and front fascia back on before I called it quits. Will finish up the rest tomorrow, its going to be a multi-colored car till it gets painted.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2005 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Finished up the panel swaps a few days later than expected, work got in the way. Turned out looking pretty good in my opionion depsite the multiple colored panels. Left the aero door panels off until I decide to either get Stage 2 scoops or IRM rocker, cant make up my mind. Will be this way for a few months till I decide on paint and get it done. Next I am starting on the interior and hopefully will have it done in the next week or so.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock