Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Quad 4 Pace car buildup thread! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Quad 4 Pace car buildup thread! by Fierobsessed
Started on: 03-15-2004 02:53 AM
Replies: 123
Last post by: Fierobsessed on 01-07-2006 11:54 AM
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:

And finally, a picture of the custom guage cluster installed, Can anyone guess what the wires are for sticking out of the steering colum? I might get that to work, but its been sparaticly working.

Steering wheel radio controls?

Also, if you're doing a custom gauge cluster, you should look into getting another tach, since the Quad 4 is a DOHC motor and revs higher than the pushrod that used to be in there. IIRC, the Q4 HO red line is just under 7000 RPMs. A tach from an 80s Grand Am or Sunbird would work, as they had the 2.0l DOHC engine and thier gauges are similar to the Fieros, being round.

IP: Logged
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Fastback 86

7849 posts
Member since Sep 2003
Just looked back on page 1, and now I'm wondering why you didn't use the Sunbird Tach like you were planning to.
bryson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brysonSend a Private Message to brysonDirect Link to This Post
The HO redlines stock at 7200 and the W41 redlines at 7400. I want another tach, but I would prefer to have it in the stock tach location. Not ony does the Fiero tach only go up to 6k or so, it is also pretty off. Let us know what you end up doing!
--Bryson
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
The tach shown IS a Sunbird tach, its a 3.1 V6 unit so the "red" section comes in 500 RPM's early. The 2.0 -4 cyl tach is identicle except the "red" starts at 6500 instead of 6000. I know because I put one in my GT. As for accuracy. We dynoed 6 Fiero's one day and part of dynoing, we check to make sure the tach is accurate, 6 of 6, dead on. I have yet to see one that was "off" I am going to keep the tach the way it is. it at least looks "factory".
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2004 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by bryson:

The HO redlines stock at 7200 and the W41 redlines at 7400. I want another tach, but I would prefer to have it in the stock tach location. Not ony does the Fiero tach only go up to 6k or so, it is also pretty off. Let us know what you end up doing!
--Bryson

The H.O redlines at 6700RPM....the W41 redlines at 7400RPM. It is a computer controlled Rev limiter. By the STOCK computer chip.

------------------
'84 Fiero Sport Quad 4 coming soon
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!!
http://www.lasvegasfieroclub.com/
Rate me if I'm usefull

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2004 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
YAY! Took it out for its first test run What a blast! Its SOO Loud. Its pretty fast, gets going really good at 3500+ till rev limiter. Lets just say that it sounds like NASCAR. The suspension is tight and responsive, but badly needs to be aligned. Im pretty happy with the W41's gearing, the first 4 gears are all close ratio, It pulls hard, shift, then pulls hard again. My brakes are terrible, I need to work on them. I am having trouble with the clutch, I can't seem to get the grab point off the floorboard. I put probably 15-20 miles on it today, and didn't have any real problems, except my desire to bury the throttle. The rev limiter is scary, it feels like you jammed on the brakes. Im having so much fun driving it. This kind of fun should be illegal. Looks likley that I will get it to PA for the Dutch Classic
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Slow.

Matthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MatthianSend a Private Message to MatthianDirect Link to This Post
Matt!!! You shoulda brought it over to my house!!!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
I'm holding you to that! Are you staying here Fri night?

Jen

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Any more news?
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
man - all these things I SHOULD have been checking out on your car at the dutch classic but had no clue were there..
PFF
System Bot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
so what have you broken so far?

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydz
Mid-Rear Madness
Member of the "Im Tired Of All The Flame Wars" committee ITOATFW

p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post
Ok, I am way to impatient to read all the posts here, but to answer some of the questions I have seen:

The 1991 w41 transmission was a 3.94 fdr as was the other w41 achieva transmissions. The actual gear ratios were different, specifically 2nd and 5th, this info is available on www.quad4forums.com. The cams are not that big a deal, comp cams can make you ones with the same duration and lift, as the first w41 cams and the second "hot" w41 cams.

The torsen lsd transmissions do not exist. they were an option and were suposedly on 10 of the 204 w41 cars. No one has ever seen one, including the people who raced them. They were installed into the transmissions b4 racing, but no getrag for a w41 rolled off the line with an lsd from all the information I have gathered. They are still available for 1300 dollars.

The bore on the throttle bodie for an ho manifold is quite sufficient to outflow the head, unless boost, or massive porting has been done to the head, the stock intake is an acceptable performer. The exhaust side of the head is where much gain can be acomplished, the bean shaped ports suck, and with a practice head, you can learn where the water ports are and cut down to as close as you want, sacraficing durability at the same time.

This project is sweet. The fiero should have had a HO quad 4 rather than a v8. That manifold puts mine to shame, and it is now removed from the car waiting to be polished and powder coated. (took forever to remove the 20 layers of red paint I put on.)

Great work here. Now the question is whats worth more, an indy fiero, or a w41 calais? Wanna trade?

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
I drive it about once a week, It's a blast. I really need to do yet another exhaust system for it. It's obnoxiously loud, sounds like a formula1 race car. As for power, I can't complain between 5000-6800 RPM's but below that, its nothing to write home about. I have a feeling that the next exhaust system should spread and raise the powerband. Gas mileage, Cannot complain! It got me from Long Island to almost carlisle on 6.3 gallons of gas (93 though). In a race (not that I do such a thing) my pace car SLAUGHTERED my GT, blew past it in second gear. The GT definatly runs better then the 16.3 it did back in the day. So I'd say the car is easy low 15's to high 14's but untill I get it on a dyno or on the track, I can only speculate. I did have to change the chain tensioner, it was getting loud. By some miracle I managed to stuff the wheel puller around the coolant hoses and the frame to pull the balancer so I could change the tensioner. Overall, The car is almost everything I expected it to be. I still have a list of things to do to the car to get it that much closer to the way I want it. Among this list: Tires, Alignment, Full strobe package, I do have the deck scoop and will be putting the strobes in it as well. I plan on painting it (white) with the moldings white as well. I will make "authentic" wheel covers from spun formed aluminum disks. So far its not really even mechanically complete. The Power steering is still disconnected, the only sensors that work in the cluster is the fuel and tach. I have a few other gremlins to work out on the electrical system, bad enough where I will probably have to pull the harness out. Dam code 26's. I know what they are, but they are so hard to fix with the harness in the car. It also has to crank for quite a while before it kicks, and the engine does not shut off with the key all the time. Some sort of back feeding problem. I doubt Im going to touch the car for a while other then taking it for a spin every weekend.
p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post
Your late start/run on problem could be from a voltage to the fuel pump, wont start till pressure is built and then wont shut off untill the pressure has resided. your fuel pump relay could be crappin out.

As for the code 26, thats the funniest code ever. Quad Driver Error: my advice it to quit screwing up. or check your ac plugs.

Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
I also have a W41 in my GT. What do you guys think of the supercharger that mantaparts is selling? I was thinking of getting one.
sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

I also have a W41 in my GT. What do you guys think of the supercharger that mantaparts is selling? I was thinking of getting one.

I'm not sure it will fit in a Fiero between the engine and the firewall and I'm not sure how much bosst you can stand on a W41 with it's 10:1 compression.

sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

sanderson

2203 posts
Member since Sep 2001
I do not have the A/C compressor plugged in. Occasionally I hit the A/C button to force the coolant fan to run. When I do this I get a code 26.

I think that Quad 4's typicaly hard to start. I've got a new engine and you have to crank it a couple of times to get it to go. Sane story with a friend's Quad 4. There is no cold start injector and I don't think that GM had quite figured out to get a fast start without it.

sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

sanderson

2203 posts
Member since Sep 2001
I do not have the A/C compressor plugged in. Occasionally I hit the A/C button to force the coolant fan to run. When I do this I get a code 26.

I think that Quad 4's typicaly hard to start. I've got a new engine and you have to crank it a couple of times to get it to go. Sane story with a friend's Quad 4. There is no cold start injector and I don't think that GM had quite figured out to get a fast start without it.

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
The supercharger is NOT a good idea for a W41 or HO. 10:1 already. The cam overlap is substantial and will just dump boost out the Exhaust. Best bet for sure is a LO Non single cam. It has 9.5:1 and a bit less cam overlap. Ideally you could use the HO cams IF you could dial them in so the overlap is less. But you really want the compression down at about 9 or 8.5. You could squeek by with the LO's pistons (9.5:1) If you promise to use 93+ octane gass ALL the time, and you keep the boost levels below about 6 PSI or the point just before you get some Knock Retard. But that would be one nice motor. Guarenteed well over 200 horses.
fishman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fishmanSend a Private Message to fishmanDirect Link to This Post
They take a while to start because they have to build oil pressure first. I was having trouble with mine starting when it got warm. Narrowed it down to the oil pressure sensor put a jumper wire across it and now it starts right up. Some how with the computer it will not send a signal to the injectors until the oil pressure gets high enough.

------------------
87 GT Quad 4

PFF
System Bot
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
The oil pressure sensor is not hooked up to my computer, but it does feed power to the fuel pump. But that definatly isn't my problem. The relay turns the fuel pump on for the initial 2 seconds and then on again when I crank it. I just have to take the time to re-do the harness yet again. One day I will get this right. I didn't start with much of a harness, just a box of ends and scattered pieces of wire. My wiring diagram is nice, but wrong.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Ok then the supercharger is out of the question, what are some of the things that you Quad H.O. and W41 owners have done to boost more power or are planing of doing?
sanderson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2004 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post
With an HO Quad 4 you've got an engine that makes over 1.3 HP per cubic inch so it's already starting at a high level. I've seen claims of 220-230 HP for the Quad 4 in road racing form. This is mostly speculation but my feeling is that 220 HP is a result of:

-reworking the valve springs and lifteres to be able to raise redline to higher number say 8000 rpm
-cams to maintain torque at high revs
-a free flowing exhaust
-minor reworking of intake and throttle body
-elimination of accessories (fiero already does that by getting rid of power steering)
-chip tuning
-higher compression ratio pistons and race gas

I own a Quad 4 and it's blast to drive but if you're looking for more lay you back in the seat power either you need to boost the Quad 4 or get something with more cubes or both like a 3800SC.

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by p8ntman442:
The torsen lsd transmissions do not exist. they were an option and were suposedly on 10 of the 204 w41 cars. No one has ever seen one, including the people who raced them. They were installed into the transmissions b4 racing, but no getrag for a w41 rolled off the line with an lsd from all the information I have gathered. They are still available for 1300 dollars.

From whom?

p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post
sorry the price went up to 1500 Gleason Thoreson limited slip from www.mantapart.com very limited quantity.

OP 1421A Sports Limited Slip Differential Unit: This is an Auburn style spring/clutch limited slip unit that is built into a standard differential center section. This unit fits all Getrag/Munice 5 speed HM 282 transaxles.

OP 1421A $750.00

OP 1421S Sports Limited Slip Differential Unit: This is an Auburn style spring/clutch limited slip unit that is built into a standard differential center section. This unit fits all Isuzu-built 5 speed transaxles.

OP 1421S $750.00

OP 1421G Competition Limited Slip Differential Unit: This is a Gleason Thoreson limited slip unit that is a torque sensing gear driven unit. Fits all Getrag/Munice 5 speed HM 282 transaxles. Best for any track only or heavily modified competition vehicles. These are the center section only part of the transaxle.

OP 1421G $1,500.00

p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2004 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post

p8ntman442

1747 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Originally posted by sanderson:

With an HO Quad 4 you've got an engine that makes over 1.3 HP per cubic inch so it's already starting at a high level. I've seen claims of 220-230 HP for the Quad 4 in road racing form. This is mostly speculation but my feeling is that 220 HP is a result of:

-reworking the valve springs and lifteres to be able to raise redline to higher number say 8000 rpm
-cams to maintain torque at high revs
-a free flowing exhaust
-minor reworking of intake and throttle body
-elimination of accessories (fiero already does that by getting rid of power steering)
-chip tuning
-higher compression ratio pistons and race gas

I own a Quad 4 and it's blast to drive but if you're looking for more lay you back in the seat power either you need to boost the Quad 4 or get something with more cubes or both like a 3800SC.

Not sure who, but a dirt track car was running 300 hp NA with a quad 4, the engine was bluprinted and such. Big Big money.

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2004 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:

BTW, the black part in a CD case makes a great block off for unused spaces in the cluster.
I have got to find a better tape for taping the Idiot light images on. The air bubbles look nasty. But you get the Idea of what Im going for.
The digital Speedometer is from the cluster on an 89 Grand prix.

What did you do about an odometer? Looks like you removed the OEM one, and I can't tell from the pic whether or not the Grand Prix digi speedo includes an odometer or not.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2004 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
you can see the odo numbers above the speed 0
dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2004 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

you can see the odo numbers above the speed 0

I couldn't see them until I used a photo editor to crank up the brightness a bunch. Why I didn't think of trying that before posting, I have no idea.

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2005 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Dynoed 166.61 HP @ 6500, 144.50 TQ @ 5200.
Bump/update.
PFF
System Bot
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

lets see what the finished product looks like

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 04-09-2005).]

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Now that Im living in Las Vegas, I only have my GT with me, so the pace car sits 2700 miles away sad and neglected she feels. I bet she's going to give me a hard time kicking her over when I go back in September for the great cross country trip, shes getting towed though. I only have ONE pic of her since the swap because I haven't been around there much.

I still have the Video of the dyno run if anyone wants to host 8.6Mb... Sounds completly badass I promise!

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2005 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
Was just looking through this build again - if you still have the vid PM me
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2005 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
Yeah. I'd love to see this video too. Need to hear what the Q4HO sounds like.

Originally posted by Kohburn:

Was just looking through this build again - if you still have the vid PM me

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Hey Matt, if you still have the vid of my red beater on the tumblers ,do you think you could E-mail me a copy (unless it is to large of a file)

------------------
"but when equipped with NOS, sometimes I feel invincible..."
"but when I race from a roll it's hard to hit 2nd"

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2005 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
It's 14.4 megs... for the 40 second Vid. I really need a good Vid compressor. How do you want to get it? AIM?

You'r car did alright... for a 6

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2005 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Hey Matt you have a pm. Yeah anyway you can get it to me is fine with me, I have no problem downloading for HOURS

------------------
"but when equipped with NOS, sometimes I feel invincible..."
"but when I race from a roll it's hard to hit 2nd"

befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody other than myself actually swapped the entire sunbird gauge cluster into their fiero? I like it better, becasue you get an analogue spedometer right in the middle of the cluster, spedometer in the stock Fiero location, and the same 4 gauges to the left, where the spedometer used to be. All the idiot lights are below the spedo.

I drove my Quad 4 Fiero all last week, and it is fun. I dont let loose too much though, because my exhaust is pretty loud, with just a small glasspack and a resonated tip, and my Gf's dad is a police officer, so is my friends dad, and my GF lives in an area where 90% of the police officers live, and they know me and stuff.

I got 35MPG on my last tank of gas though. With 91 octane.

------------------

84 Fiero Sport Coupe #1192 :: 86 Fiero Base Coupe :: 84 Chevette CS 4 Door

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Since Im so far away from my car, and I was bored as can be, I got busy on a few improvments to add to the car... Iv'e been vigilantly working on dissassembling the stock code for the $A8 code mask. In the mean time I went to the local U Pull it, found a yellow 88 formula. Smashed hard on both sides. I got the guage clusters from it for the pace car. I decided I don't really like the custom dash quite as much as a stock GT's, the opportunity was too good to pass up. I also finally nabbed an 88 rack that I was desperatly needing for my 88 GT. Poor old rack was shot. I also pulled a wiring harness from a 91 beretta with a Quad 4. I wanted to start over on the harness since the one I made the first time wasn't all that good. I also got a computer and a few other goods, like a "C500" from an 88 Celebrity. So the rewire project has started.

I made a little comprimise when I got a 91 harness from an automatic, but I figured it's only difference was a few added wires, that were unnecessary. So those wires went first. What was nice is even the automatic harness has provisions for the shift light, the tan/black wire goes to the "C203" (if that is what it was called on the beretta) don't know why, but was a pleasant suprise. All the blower fan stuff had to go, none of the related connectors were needed, snip snip. The brake resivior sensor, snip snip, TCC lockup, snip, radiator fan, snip. The transmission mode switch, jumped out the starter interupt, cut the Park/neutral wires, and left the reverse wires there, but cut the connector off. Most of the wires in the bulkhead connector were easy, some just had to be refitted with the proper terminals and inserted into the C500. Others were a little more complex. Since I got rid of the coolant fan relay, the signal wire now goes to the C500 to turn on the Fiero's fan. A few other wires, such as the power distribution wires had to be re routed to the C500, since 84 Fiero's are the only ones with power distribution running through the C500. Other Fiero's have it going into a terminal block near the C500 by the battery. Then a major part of the harness had to be truncated about 36" before the bulkhead unit. This was the ugliest part. But some solder, heatshrink and patience paid off. I also had to modify the pinout on the C203, and that included the speedometer conversion circuit, and the AC request, since that was cut out with the blower wires. Since it WAS also an automatic harness, I added the wire for the brake input.

Removed wires and connectors:

The harness is done.

Now comes the fun part, custom stuff for the ECM.
Stock Calpak

Cover off

Chip desoldered and removed. I used a screw driver prying it up and touching the soldering iron to the contact to unseat the pin, I keep going around till the chip has come completly out.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock