Started on: 02-11-2003 12:40 AM
Replies: 231
Last post by: 88GTFormula on 04-23-2006 09:58 PM
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

What is that in the middle of the road..??

A Bump...???

For the n00bies....

<edit:> Because I own this page...

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y** ~ GT!! One of One!!

** = 2nd WideBody Version coming soon...

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 05-24-2004).]

IP: Logged
v8fiero400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for v8fiero400Click Here to visit v8fiero400's HomePageSend a Private Message to v8fiero400Direct Link to This Post

Junkyard upgrades?

How about a Mustang spoiler on a Fiero...

Mustang???....OOOOOHHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by v8fiero400:

Junkyard upgrades?

How about a Mustang spoiler on a Fiero...

Mustang???....OOOOOHHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that doesn't look as bad as i would have thoughtactually

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2004 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Back to page #1...
Hedhunta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2004 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HedhuntaSend a Private Message to HedhuntaDirect Link to This Post
would subaru rotors & calipers work? i like the way they swing out for easy brake pad replacement(dont have to unbolt the entire caliper from the car)... but itd prolly require some modification and/or replacement of the entire suspension.. eh well.
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
ttt
silver86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver86seSend a Private Message to silver86seDirect Link to This Post
cool...what year and model mustang..thanks..................................
Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post
wonder if the 80's early 90's mustang wing would fit a fastback? Or mabie a MR2 Mk1 super charged spoiler/wing thing. I saw one on the street today (local....POS), and thaught that wing would'nt look to bad on the fiero, and might be more functional (higher angle of attack).

------------------

Check my car out at Car Domain!

FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

nope, they share nothing except the general shape...but even thats different

the GT door badge off a Grand Am GT look very nice on the front fenders of a GT. So far im the only one to have done this. i dont have any good pics and my digi cam is messing up

OH CONTRARE ! Mine have been my lower trim for 2 years now ! Right below my side scoops!

v8fiero400

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2004 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for v8fiero400Click Here to visit v8fiero400's HomePageSend a Private Message to v8fiero400Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver86se:

cool...what year and model mustang..thanks..................................

All 85 to 93 mustang wings will fit nicely. Mine is from an 87 LX mustang.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Raven:

Speedos, could be pulled from any Pontiac (to keep the same illumination colour) that uses an electronic signal, such as the Sunbird, from '87 to '94, you will have to make sure Sunbirds from '87 to '91 have the electronic speedo, some base models, although rare, use cable driven speedos, GTs use electronic. '87 Sunbirds have 190 Km/h (115 MPH?), while the '88 ('89 for sure) and up GTs use a 200 Km/h speedo (120 MPH).

Here's the information on the 120 speedo swap!

------------------

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 05-30-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
So, an 87 or 88 (or newer) Sunbird GT speedo will plug right in and look IDENTICAL to a GT 120 MPH speedo? and work correctly?

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2004 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
sun visors from late model s-seires trucks are nice
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if its been said already so here it goes anyway.The 5spd isuzu trans from amid to late 80's cutlass calais is a direct swap . You need to install the fiero specific shift cable brackets,clutchfork arm and the actuall shift shaft. The shift shaft is oriented differantly .In the fiero its clocked to the 9 o'clock position and the calais is at 6o'clock(don't remember position to well took it off and chucked it ) . I believe the mid 80's fwd cars also employed the isuzu trans so if you salvage yard doesn't now they are the same then you can ask for one of these instead. my (the one i purchase from) will actually tell you if it a direct swap and what needs to be changed for it to work properly.
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post
Bumpety bump.
gumert

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gumertSend a Private Message to gumertDirect Link to This Post
Bumpage
2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
bump
3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few more ideas -

82 Trans Am wing mounted upsde down under the rear facia
Two sets of 93 Caviler Z-24 side skirts molded into the rockers and front and rear facias.
Somebody already said something about the 85 Mustang scoop for the rear deck lid
98 Firebird hood scoops for the front hood
88 Bonnieville steering wheel with the buttons, to work as hot keys for the computer
95 GMC Jimmy overhead center console - I use for housing the other small monitor
The black strips of flexible plastic from under two aero nose Fieros, to make the front air dam
As for the engine - 98 Grand prix 3800 superchaged motor
I think that about covers what I have done so far

Don

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
got any pictures of the overhead console, sounds interesting.
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
Rims from an 89 Beretta. I also have a brand new Shaker Scoop from a Mach1 Mustang. I am trying to decide whether to reverse mount it on the hood for airflow, or on the decklid for engine cooling. Opinions?

The rims...

The scoop...
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

------------------
Jay Brintnell
Owner / Design Lead
WordMark.ca Communications

PFF
System Bot
rvalmore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rvalmoreSend a Private Message to rvalmoreDirect Link to This Post
A under seat subwoofer from a subaru WRX or Outback with thier performance sound system. 6" sub with 80 watt amp built in with adjustable crossover and gain. 6 wire speaker level connection.Or open the case and the line level connectors are inside to make it a four wire install. It fits behind the passenger seat nicely. 50 bucks and you have more lowend(sound that is).
Priceless.......

[This message has been edited by rvalmore (edited 10-03-2004).]

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Rims from an 89 Beretta. I also have a brand new Shaker Scoop from a Mach1 Mustang. I am trying to decide whether to reverse mount it on the hood for airflow, or on the decklid for engine cooling. Opinions?

The rims...

Wow, those are probably the rarest wheels ever offered on the Beretta..... The 15" steel GT wheels and the various 15" and 16" aluminum wheels offered on Berettas all fit also and are much more common.

wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2004 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top for any newbs that havent seen it .

also anyone able to go into more detail about the astro sway bar??? have some at work may have to try this in my spare time

------------------

86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2005 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
bump for newbies.

------------------
88 coupe 4.9 Izusu 5-speed Rockcrawl chip. True duels.No A/C . Built to run.

Beausoleil Racing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2005 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Beausoleil RacingClick Here to visit Beausoleil Racing's HomePageSend a Private Message to Beausoleil RacingDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Wow, those are probably the rarest wheels ever offered on the Beretta..... The 15" steel GT wheels and the various 15" and 16" aluminum wheels offered on Berettas all fit also and are much more common.

They were on the 1986-87 Cavalier Z24 and are more common than you might think.

------------------
Jay Beausoleil
Beausoleil Racing
Austin, Tx.
Brisbane, Au.

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2005 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3.8 SC:

Here are a few more ideas -

82 Trans Am wing mounted upsde down under the rear facia
Two sets of 93 Caviler Z-24 side skirts molded into the rockers and front and rear facias.
Somebody already said something about the 85 Mustang scoop for the rear deck lid
98 Firebird hood scoops for the front hood
88 Bonnieville steering wheel with the buttons, to work as hot keys for the computer
95 GMC Jimmy overhead center console - I use for housing the other small monitor
The black strips of flexible plastic from under two aero nose Fieros, to make the front air dam
As for the engine - 98 Grand prix 3800 superchaged motor
I think that about covers what I have done so far

Don

Don... you have a PM...
Thanks

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2005 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Don... you have a PM...
Thanks

A bump for Don to see....

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2005 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Beausoleil Racing:

They were on the 1986-87 Cavalier Z24 and are more common than you might think.

Yeah but I'm just talking about their use on the Beretta.

Hey you know what would be cool, is Citation X-11 wheels! I haven't seen a set of those for years it seems.

3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pictures that are from a car show last summer. I did not take many pictures during the build up of this Fiero. About the only part that you can't see in the picture, is the 85 Mustang hood scoop on the rear deck. Hopefully, when the wheather breaks, this spring, I will get it painted. Sorry it took so long, I am not on the forum much.
If you need more info, here is my E-mail - INCATUMI@SBCGLOBAL.NET

------------------

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
that car looks sharp!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
OldBob

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2005 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldBobSend a Private Message to OldBobDirect Link to This Post
Bump for more ideas.
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2005 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
ttt....
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2005 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Air cleaner lid from a TPI Trans Am (maybe Camaro?) will work for the stock V-6 Fiero air cleaner lid. It's open on top which would pull more air in. There is a a plastic piece on top which will need to be broken off to have it look like this. There is a possibility for water to get in if you drive in rain.

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
Just keeping this out of the archives.
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
I read this... and I just had to think about it for a second to realize that my cars... fit that title quite well.

My pace car for instance...
93 Grand Am > Quad 4 SOHC > Engine block
92 Grand Am > Quad 4 LO DOHC > head from a LO DOHC, Timing chain system (second generation)
91 Beretta > Quad 4 HO DOHC > intake from a HO DOHC, Cams, Exhaust, Cam housings, fuel pump, computer
97 Firebird > Power steering rack
90 Beretta > Brakes and rotors (bought new)
88 Blazer > Brake Master Cylender (bought new)
89 Cutlass Calais > Quad 4 > motor mounts
96 Grand Prix > 3.4 DOHC > Throttlebody
88 Sunbird > Tachometer, fuel guage, oil pressure guage, temp guage, battery guage
90 Grand Prix > radio
93 Achieva > SCX (W41) Transmission 3.94 FDR Getrag

Alot of cars donated parts into the re making of one

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2005 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Some terrific ideas in this thread...keep 'em comin'!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2005 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, I need a passenger side scoop. Some of those look interesting.

------------------
85GT 5spd MSD Everything,4.9 With Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

FocusRush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2005 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FocusRushClick Here to visit FocusRush's HomePageSend a Private Message to FocusRushDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a pic of the 84-87 Cutlass part # 95276 Hood strut install to show where and how to locate?

Thanks
Jesse

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock