Started on: 09-17-2005 12:26 AM
Replies: 86
Last post by: RACE on 11-03-2005 04:39 PM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
There is no mention of rain in the long-range forecast for Sunday. So far so good. TV 8 says, "Sunday Through Monday: partly cloudy. High in the upper 60s. Low in the mid 40s".
IP: Logged
tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.
sprnt96

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2005 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sprnt96Send a Private Message to sprnt96Direct Link to This Post
I think I should be able to make it..as long as the weather holds out
Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 05:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post
I've got a big econ test up coming up on monday and I've had a few things come up, I won't be able to make it afterall. Sorry guys.

------------------
1986 GT Getrag 5-speed

MULHOLLAND GT

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2005 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Where are your priorities?
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2005 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Man, I would love to cuz I've never gotten to a Fiero meeting or run, but my paint is absolute crap, my steering may go out according to the replies I got, and just today I dropped my car off for the next month to get my Aus stage 2's and new paint!
Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post
I'm just *really* afraid the smokies will get me >_<

-Mulholland GT

tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
Now it's only a day away.
Who is going to make it? I am.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
If I miss my plane home tonight I will fly down to Des Moines in the morning. I will be there even if I have to drive home from Minneapolis.

Tim, I will pm my cell phone number to you. If I am not in Pella by 2:45 call me. (It should not be a problem but just incase).

jdee74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2005 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdee74Send a Private Message to jdee74Direct Link to This Post
I'm still going, how many are confirmed now?
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
I plan on going my friend Mark has a nice 84 Fiero and he is supposed to meet me about 2:00 then we will head to Pella
PFF
System Bot
Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post
Well, I said I'd go so I'm going, but the Fiero isn't being cooperative.
I'll see you guys there, just without my GT.

-Mulholland GT

------------------
1986 GT Getrag 5-speed

MULHOLLAND GT

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I just got home from Minneapolis and am on my way out the door in the next few minutes.

Partly like Vikings. See you there.

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Wellllllllll, I'm getting closer I made it to Grinnell and lost my ignition control module. And of course for some stupid reason I took my 4 cylinder 88 coupe and the extra parts in my tool box are for the 2.8 V-6 in my GT so I just got dropped off in the driveway by a very friendly tow truck driver. I hope everyone had or is having fun, and I really did try to get there this time.

Some day this will happen, I'll actually make it there to meet you guys!!

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 10-16-2005).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Wellllllllll, I'm getting closer I made it to Grinnell and lost my ignition control module. And of course for some stupid reason I took my 4 cylinder 88 coupe and the extra parts in my tool box are for the 2.8 V-6 in my GT so I just got dropped off in the driveway by a very friendly tow truck driver. I hope everyone had or is having fun, and I really did try to get there this time.

Some day this it will happen, I'll actually make it there to meet you guys!!

Dan

Dan,
Sorry to hear. It was a great meet. Glad to hear you made it home ok. I seen a Aero notchy broken down along side of 163 headed east from Pella. Kind of figured it wasnt anybody going to the meet as it was on the east side of 163 but it was kind of forboding

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002
heres a video of Tstroud or Tim getting on his v8 ..sorry no sound

http://home.mchsi.com/~houseofsakowitz/CIMG0054.AVIgets a little sideways

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 10-16-2005).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002
its a very nice 84 and its for sale

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 10-16-2005).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002
PFF
System Bot
Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Some day this will happen, I'll actually make it there to meet you guys!!

Dan

Ohhhhhh, was that you in the yellow notchback w/the bra on the side of I-80?? I think I saw you en route to the meet.
I had a feeling it was somebody headed to the meet and was surprised when the yellow notch I saw didn't show.

-Mulholland GT

[This message has been edited by Mulholland_GT_Racer (edited 10-16-2005).]

tstroud

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
That was a fun drive. These meets get better every time.
It was nice meeting everyone.

Erik, you drive too fast!!

------------------
'84 SE 350 5 speed (isuzu)
'69 GTO 400 4 speed

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tstroud:

Who, me ? There was this black Fiero behind me pushing me along
Yes I agree the drive was fun, the route was a blend of hills curves corners and nice long mostly deserted straitaways
Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tstroud:

Hey guys, I added an informational post about the SCCA autocross in waterloo, IA this weekend with all the information.

Check it out! I'd really love to see you guys there, and my GT *will* be there. I hope, lol.

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mulholland_GT_Racer:

Hey guys, I added an informational post about the SCCA autocross in waterloo, IA this weekend with all the information.

Check it out! I'd really love to see you guys there, and my GT *will* be there. I hope, lol.

Thanks Mulholland I'll try to make it if its not on Sunday
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
This was an awesome day. Lots of great cars. Sorry to hear about your car Dan.

I have started to working on the video but have to put it on hold for a few hours. I need to spend some family time for a bit. It will probably be very late tonight when I finish editing. Don't stay up. I have a lot of footage and photos to work with. Is there a maximum file size that you all wish to download. 20 megs might be small if I include a lot of the driving. I am thinking around 40 megs. I hope nobody has any problems with me using the photos that you all have posted for the video.

I need to spend some wife time for a bit. Back later.

Thanks to everyone who showed up.

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

This was an awesome day. Lots of great cars. Sorry to hear about your car Dan.

I have started to working on the video but have to put it on hold for a few hours. I need to spend some family time for a bit. It will probably be very late tonight when I finish editing. Don't stay up. I have a lot of footage and photos to work with. Is there a maximum file size that you all wish to download. 20 megs might be small if I include a lot of the driving. I am thinking around 40 megs. I hope nobody has any problems with me using the photos that you all have posted for the video.

I need to spend some wife time for a bit. Back later.

Thanks to everyone who showed up.

You're welcome Kenton, it was a great day and the route was very fun ..well at least for me it was I wait with anticipation of cool video and pics. Why not make a large version and small version? I have broadband so its not going to bother me how large the file is.
DtheC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Hey? You even got my car, I was feeling like a swine amoungst pearls. The sweaping corners were fun, but the farm guy with the grain trailer was a drag. Maybe if there is a next time I'll call the Newton Almost Daily News. Perhaps if the Newton Speedway opens as planed next summer (don't hold your breath, show me the money) it might be a good chance for a get together.
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DtheC:

Hey? You even got my car, I was feeling like a swine amoungst pearls. The sweaping corners were fun, but the farm guy with the grain trailer was a drag. Maybe if there is a next time I'll call the Newton Almost Daily News. Perhaps if the Newton Speedway opens as planed next summer (don't hold your breath, show me the money) it might be a good chance for a get together.

I like your car ..its an 88 I had an 88 .well I've had several 88 dukes with the 5 speed and it was a blast to drive and the gas mileage was super.
Yeah that grain trailer ...arrggghh! How dare those farmers do that to us city folks

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 10-17-2005).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
he first version of the video is done. I will make a more polished long-version someday when I get the motivation. It is currently uploading to a server and I am going to bed. I will post the link in the morning. Some scenes were shortened because I did not want anything that could interpreted as incriminating to show up.

The video is nearly 40 K and definitely not dial-up friendly. I wanted quality playback. There is a lot of driving footage. I will make a short-version that will download in a more reasonable period of time for the 56K'ers hopefully tomorrow.

After I get the link up could someone please repost this in a more permanent location? It is available for only a limited number of downloads where it is now.

Thanks,

Kenton

That was a fun day. Best meet yet.

PFF
System Bot
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Thanks for organizing this fun run, Kenton. It was a blast. Really nice to get to meet everyone. Turned out that I met someone that I went to high school with who had more Fieros than I do. Small world. Let's do this again soon.
Todd

------------------

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
This is the Link to the video. (40 megs)

Expect a smaller more download friendly version later in the day. I was going to add music but when I got done putting it together at 1:30 in the morning I went to bed.

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Kenton, the link doesn't load for me here at work. We're on a T1 also.
jdee74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdee74Send a Private Message to jdee74Direct Link to This Post
Great video, thanks. We had a great time and wouldn't mind hanging out with you Iowa guys again. My wife is now in love with Pella and wants to move there, I'm thinking that would be a long commute to work! Hope to do it again next year. Jesse
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Works now. Nice vid Kenton. Thanks for the work you put into these.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mulholland_GT_Racer:

Ohhhhhh, was that you in the yellow notchback w/the bra on the side of I-80?? I think I saw you en route to the meet.
I had a feeling it was somebody headed to the meet and was surprised when the yellow notch I saw didn't show.

-Mulholland GT

That be me Good news is it's back home and running fine now. The other good news is I had plenty of time to talk to the tow driver and I will be probably be heading down to his salvage yard later this week to pick up some parts that I've been looking for.

The bad news is he was telling me he just crushed a really nice Fiero a couple of weeks ago since he couldn't find anyone interested in the parts

Glad everyone had a great time and I really do plan on actually making it to you meets one of these days!!!

Dan

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2005 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Awesome video Kenton!! Cant wait for the next meet
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2005 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Kevin, thanks for buying my food on the drive home. It was very generous of you. Having another Fiero behind me on I-80 was a great sight in the mirror.

jdee74, I was glad that you and your wife could make it. You get the long haul award. Your car is amazing. (88GT 5-speed - near perfect) It looks like the paint hasn't even dried yet.

If you ever sell it I would like a chance at it. There are nice Fieros and then there is your car. I was very impressed.

This is my new desktop. There were so many cool things about the cruise.

I am having trouble posting the videos on google. If you want eithr version I will email it to you. Send ma a pm if interested and specify the size that you would like. (3 megs for dial-up, or a medium sized 16 meg version). You can still download the one that is just under 40 at the link above.

I need to figure out how to post videos with my mediacom account. There would be no delay time waiting for approval. Erik maybe you could tell me how.

Edit: Thanks for the link Erik. Now I need to remember my password.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 10-18-2005).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2005 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

I need to figure out how to post videos with my mediacom account. There would be no delay time waiting for approval. Erik maybe you could tell me how.

I sent you a link to the upload site ..You're welcome Kenton...yeah the password thing helps...

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 10-19-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock