Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Osage Beach Show.... 56K warning. (Pics) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Osage Beach Show.... 56K warning. (Pics) by fierodustin_86
Started on: 08-07-2005 05:09 PM
Replies: 132
Last post by: MarioAlmada on 08-17-2005 12:58 AM
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wudman:...The weather ended up being perfect although it did warm up on Saturday to three notches above toasty. ...

SWEAT CITY!
I'll not go to any show that I have to drive more than 50 miles and stand in the blazing sun. I prefer before early June to after late Sept for midwest car shows.

IP: Logged
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

I'll not go to any show that I have to drive more than 50 miles and stand in the blazing sun. I prefer before early June to after late Sept for midwest car shows.

well at over 30+mpg that would be a cash outlay of $3.75 for gas, and less than a 40 minute trip, it's refreshing to see how dedicated you are to putting forth financial resources and time to meet people that share the same passion as you.

I wish all in the Pennocks community shared your spirit and enthusiasm.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-10-2005).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

blakeinspace

5923 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Can one of our brothers from Minnesota give me an update?
We are praying that EVERYONE in your group made it home safe.

Your group has a comraderie that I have rarely witnessed among other Fiero clubs. I am glad so many of ya'll made the long haul (longer for you, Oslo!) and between ya'll and Eric, I spent most of the weekend laughing!

I had a great time, and will post some pics as soon as I can get them sized!

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

SWEAT CITY!

I understand, but last time we were at this particular hotel, there was lots of shade trees. I couldn't be there this year, but I expect that's still true. It was blazin' hot that year as well, even in the shade.

A "national" event pretty much has to be in the summer months, for maximum participation. Doesn't have to be, I suppose, but that's when people generally take their vacations.

Btw, I was registered and paid for the event. I hope to still get a goody bag, or a dash plaque at least.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 08-08-2005).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
The turnout was lighter than we'd hoped for, that's a fact, but for my money only those that decided not to come were the ones that lost out. For my part, it was the single most fun EVENT I've been to and that includes Wheatstock and the 20th. Throughout the show we had so few problems, no disagreements, and as Blake said of the Minnesota crew, a closeness that I've never experienced before.

For a lot of reasons that those that were there know about, I needed that very badly and both Sandi and I were not disappointed. A very big thanks to Dan and Tanya for being the leaders and "go-to" people for the show. I was in your shoes last year at Topeka and I KNOW what you went through and how hard you worked.

And as for you, Purple Reign, bow down, you dog, before the awe and majesty of the mighty tractor motor!!

John Stricker

PS: Blake, that was a Cojimar honey dipped, in case you want to try one. $3.69/ea and I highly recommend it. I have one left.

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
The update is me, shawn and marty made it home fine..haven't heard from Oslo yet..(i'm sure he made it home just fine). The trip home was going well until we got onto I-70 west and traffic just stopped..found out that there was a head on about 4 miles ahead of us..When sitting there we P.R. blew a fuse and lost all power, so thanks to Oslo he pulled one from his car and we got on are way..then i lost over-drive again..(heat and high speeds don't go well togther). Other then a piece of truck tire hitting marty's car and bouncing off the front of my GT..(need to wet sand and buff that out if i can). it was a good trip home.

I think i can speak for all of us MN we had a great time and i was nice to see some old friends again and make some new ones..

A BIG thanks to all for there hard work...including FieroDan and his wife Tanya and Eric(sockman) and MsBeth.. I hope everyone else made it home safe and i hope to see you all again soon..

Also thanks to Wudman for coming out and playing music for us and it was nice to meet you!! and a big thanks to Rodney for coming out and selling parts to us.

Blake..thanks for the cigars and beer!!

John it was nice to see you again and to meet your wife..We seen you go by us when we were sitting at a sonic's in some small town just off the highway outside of Osage..
Take care

------------------

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 08-08-2005).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Can one of our brothers from Minnesota give me an update?
We are praying that EVERYONE in your group made it home safe.

Your group has a comraderie that I have rarely witnessed among other Fiero clubs. I am glad so many of ya'll made the long haul (longer for you, Oslo!) and between ya'll and Eric, I spent most of the weekend laughing!

I had a great time, and will post some pics as soon as I can get them sized!

The Minnesota guys are a great bunch of dudes. Lots of fun to hang out with. Hey, how did Oslo's oil fix work out?

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

The Minnesota guys are a great bunch of dudes. Lots of fun to hang out with. Hey, how did Oslo's oil fix work out?

It was still leaking...alot less..I guess the rear main must be leaking he said. then switch it from a 4spd to a 5 spd.

Boomtastic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wudman:

Boomtastic, was that you that had the list of cruising music, if so, could you send it to me.....

Wasn't me. I was the one that said I had brought over 40,000 MP3s if you needed any ..

When we (MsBeth, myself & the Strickers) left Osage everyone was gone and fine. Right now we're sitting in Detroit leeching Internet from the airport, awaiting our delayed and diverted plane to Providence. We could have driven and made it back home faster. Next time we WILL drive!!

------------------

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

SWEAT CITY!

In that I grew up in KS, near Wichita, I know a little about the area, my guess is you don't go to many shows if you're staying in that 50 mile restriction. Could be wrong, there may be a whole herd of Fiero owners down there I don't know about.

The Osage Beach show though limited by the less than average # showing was still a good one, the show winner was one of the classest Convert Fieros I've seen to date. Hope to see you at the next one. Happy Fieroing.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's always earned.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Ooops forgot about the money issue.

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Fierobear and I were talking about our cruising music and the CD's we used, maybe that's what you remember Wudman???

My CD is burned to keep me at between 76 and 80 mph. Here's the list:

Thin Lizzy-The boys are back in town
Bon Jovi-Born to be my baby
Bon Jovi-Bad Medicine
Bon Jovi-It's my life
Bon Jovi-Shot through the Heart
Kansas-Carry on my wayward son
Jimmy Buffett-Cheeseburger in Paradise
Robert Palmer-Addicted to Love
Melissa Ethridge-I'm the only one
Melissa Ethridge-American Girl
Meatloaf-Paradise by the dashboard light
Grassroots-Midnight Confessions
Grassroots-Sooner or Later
Heart-Magic Man
Heart-Crazy on You
Jim Croce-Rapid Roy the Stock Car Boy
Jim Croce-You don't mess around with Jim

Yeah, I know, a pretty eclectic bunch but the have two things in common. You know the words and can sing along and they have a steady, moderately hard beat. That's all you need to stay awake and drive.

John Stricker

PS: Bear, you owe me your list now.

Originally posted by Wudman:

Asleep as you approached home Neyven? Glad you made it safely. Nice to meet you and your sense of humor. Nice car as well. Humble thanks to those at the event and on-line that have expressed appreciation for the musical background.

Boomtastic, was that you that had the list of cruising music, if so, could you send it to me.....

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
John,
How could you leave out Meatloaf, Paradise by the Dash Board Lights? I thought that was on everyone's list.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's always earned.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Ooops forgot about the money issue.

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Well, I left the rest of the MN guys last night at around 11:00pm and headed straight north to Bemidji. I had about another 4 hour haul ahead of me and I learned a few things along the way:

1. Traffic in the big city is amazing in the middle of the night!
2. Cops on the prowl are tricky mother - f&ers!
3. Strippers love to be asked if they are going to be dancing again that night!
4. If you're in the middle of nowhere, and can, you should definitely run from the cop...

Here's my favorite pics from the show:

Our grand entry!

Pit Stop at Sonic:

Purple Reign on the road:

Refueling:

Getting ready for the Cruise:

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed
'86 2.5L turbo put to sleep
Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 08-08-2005).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002
MinnGreenGT's entry:

Trouble in Paradise:

The Lineup:

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

The turnout was lighter than we'd hoped for, that's a fact, but for my money only those that decided not to come were the ones that lost out.

Owww...I can feel my nose being rubbed in it...

For my part, it was the single most fun EVENT I've been to and that includes Wheatstock and the 20th. Throughout the show we had so few problems, no disagreements, and as Blake said of the Minnesota crew, a closeness that I've never experienced before.

I've witnessed that Minnesota crew closeness. You'd almost swear they were gay...

For a lot of reasons that those that were there know about, I needed that very badly and both Sandi and I were not disappointed. A very big thanks to Dan and Tanya for being the leaders and "go-to" people for the show. I was in your shoes last year at Topeka and I KNOW what you went through and how hard you worked.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the show, John....I AM kicking myself for not coming...but a bit more on that a little later...

And as for you, Purple Reign, bow down, you dog, before the awe and majesty of the mighty tractor motor!!

John Stricker

I want a report on this....

Originally posted by KEV:

When sitting there we P.R. blew a fuse and lost all power, so thanks to Oslo he pulled one from his car and we got on are way..then i lost over-drive again..(heat and high speeds don't go well togther). Other then a piece of truck tire hitting marty's car and bouncing off the front of my GT..(need to wet sand and buff that out if i can). it was a good trip home.

Is Shawn EVER going to get that thing to be dependable? And KEV...I've told you time and time again, you need to switch that black POS over to a manual. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bit of a "mishap" with the tire....I had almost the same thing happen to me on the way home from Osage Beach at the last show there....a crushed pop can flew out of the bed of a pickup going the other way, bounced off of Jerry Burrow's Indy windshield and flew up into the air, and came down right on the front of my GT...the "nick" is still there.

A BIG thanks to all for there hard work...including FieroDan and his wife Tanya and Eric(sockman) and MsBeth..

That "sockman" thing will never die....

John it was nice to see you again and to meet your wife..We seen you go by us when we were sitting at a sonic's in some small town just off the highway outside of Osage..

That's one of the things that TRULY upsets me about not getting down there....I have yet to meet Sandi. I want to meet this woman...she must be a SAINT to put up with Stricker and his antics. Seriously, John is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet...and so his wife must be a very special lady.

I didn't make the show this year for various reasons, but one stands out above the rest. I haven't made a big deal of it here on the forum, but there are a few people, like John and Kev, that know that my son was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease back around Easter. That was only part of it...he also does not have any insurance, and the bills have been nothing short of astronomical. We're handling that, and he's making progress. Last Friday was his last chemotherapy session, and as badly as I wanted to be at the show, I also wanted to be there for his treatment. I went back and forth on whether or not to come...the fact that my GT needed some work helped sway my decision to stay home. Friday night after we got home from taking him to chemo, my wife and I discussed getting up early Saturday morning, and making the drive to Osage Beach...if we had left here by 6, we would have been there just in time for the beginning of the show, and could have stayed for the banquet. As luck would have it, we both overslept the next morning...so that idea went up in smoke.

I'm sorry I missed the show...and all of my good friends. Hopefully, the turnout won't deter any plans for the National show next year, and come Hell or High Water, I'll be there....

Jack Cooke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack CookeSend a Private Message to Jack CookeDirect Link to This Post
Since Dan doesn't post, I will say for him that he really enjoyed himself. He told me so.
I too had a great time. It was nice to see other Fiero addicts. Thanks CFOGi for all the hard work. Now, Next year we want it on the central east coast.
To answer a couple of questions about Spirit (the gold GT) The hood vents are from a TransAm. The deck lid vent is from KHines. The side scoops and rockers are from Dietmar in Germany. I flew over and got them. Dietmar has quit making them last I heard. BUT, C-SAutomobile is moving to Kannapolis, N.C. very soon and bringing the plugs with him and opening up a Fiero shop. He will be selling them in the states once he gets things going.
Hope this clears up a few things. BTW-The rockers are not the only ones made just the only ones in the USA as of now.
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
You need to look more closely.

John Stricker

Originally posted by blackrams:

John,
How could you leave out Meatloaf, Paradise by the Dash Board Lights? I thought that was on everyone's list.

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

John Stricker

I got a chance to drive that Tractor motor and I'll tell you, I'd take a tractor motor anyday Hell I'm still smiling!!!!

I'd like to take this chance to Thank everyone that came and supported this event (even those who came without cars) and made it a great success and a fun time for all!!!

It's Fiero people like you that make events like this so enjoyable and the chance to meet so many new friends and finally put faces to names was a great pleasure for me and my wife.

The temps got a little warm on Saturday, but no where near as hot as last time in Osage and I don't think we could've asked for better weather had we planned it.

My trip home was essentially uneventful, we had to stop about half way home due to a fairly strong electrical smell of which I was not able to find the source of (although while idling I noticed my volt meter dip a couple of times). However I now have a rather loud clanking/rattle coming from my engine that changes pitch with rpm's so I'm need to do a little investigative work on it soon. (Thank goodness I have 2 more Fieros to pick from for Heartlands show on August 20th.)

Thanks again it was a real pleasure!!

Dan and Tanya

------------------

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-08-2005).]

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

That's one of the things that TRULY upsets me about not getting down there....I have yet to meet Sandi. I want to meet this woman...she must be a SAINT to put up with Stricker and his antics. Seriously, John is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet...and so his wife must be a very special lady.

You'll never know the half of it, Mike. I think I can speak for everyone there that met here that they agree she's much better than I deserve.

I've witnessed that Minnesota crew closeness. You'd almost swear they were gay...

Well you do have to wonder about someone that drives a purple car, don't you??

Is Shawn EVER going to get that thing to be dependable?

I have only one thing to say about that. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Owww...I can feel my nose being rubbed in it...

I'm sorry I missed the show...and all of my good friends. Hopefully, the turnout won't deter any plans for the National show next year, and come Hell or High Water, I'll be there....

No nose rubbing here. No, that won't deter next year's show, but it has made us rethink several things, particularly location. There were a lot of people that obviously couldn't come due to health and/or family issues and NOBODY faults them for having their priorities in the right place. Family and health always come first and always should. By the same token, for us to be able to put on an event like this, we need to have people turnout and if that means moving it to a location where they will, then that may be the direction we have to go. We were discussing this at the hotel after the show and will continue to discuss it in the future.

John Stricker

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was so excited with all of the video and pictures that I took for the osage show, I now have a 12 minute movie ready to go. Although it is 2.6 gigs, I have to figure out how to get it off ot the computer....
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:
When we (MsBeth, myself & the Strickers) left Osage everyone was gone and fine. Right now we're sitting in Detroit leeching Internet from the airport, awaiting our delayed and diverted plane to Providence. We could have driven and made it back home faster. Next time we WILL drive!!

Or taken a small airplane. No TSA security, no connection flights. OK, so it took 13 hours to fly back to California, but the more I fly commercial, the less I like it these days.

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Fierobear and I were talking about our cruising music and the CD's we used, maybe that's what you remember Wudman???

PS: Bear, you owe me your list now.

I'll post the list in a little while. I'm thinking I might need to do it in a separate thread. It's a LONG list, over 300 songs.

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Well, I made it home OK and so did "moto838" (AKA Joe Martin.....he had the red '88 4.9 coupe w/custom headers). I passed him on I-70 somewhere in Kansas.....he was parked under an overpass to avoid the torrential rainstorm (or so I thought). Evidently he had some engine troubles, but made it home OK on 7 cylinders.

I swear I drove through a tornado! Rain was coming at me sideways and there were accidents and cars pulled over everywhere. The convertible didn't flinch though.....I can't believe how solid it felt through that rainstorm (no hydroplaning, etc.), and I was still cruising at 70 MPH!

Anyway.....I just want to say that even though attendance was "low" and that someone felt the need to but bacon in the green beans at the banquet (ewww! ) I had a great time. I hope to see more of you guys next year!

------------------

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Where were you at when that happened, Mike? We hit it at about mile marker 200 or in the Dorrance/Wilson area and the cell hardly moved. It started, grew, shrank, and disappeared. I didn't think we were that close to you, I'd have bought you supper in Russell had I known. Should have swapped cellphone numbers

John Stricker

PS: no tornado, but there were 80 knot wind gusts ahead of and at the heaviest part of the squall line.

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Well, I made it home OK and so did "moto838" (AKA Joe Martin.....he had the red '88 4.9 coupe w/custom headers). I passed him on I-70 somewhere in Kansas.....he was parked under an overpass to avoid the torrential rainstorm (or so I thought). Evidently he had some engine troubles, but made it home OK on 7 cylinders.

I swear I drove through a tornado! Rain was coming at me sideways and there were accidents and cars pulled over everywhere. The convertible didn't flinch though.....I can't believe how solid it felt through that rainstorm (no hydroplaning, etc.), and I was still cruising at 70 MPH!

Anyway.....I just want to say that even though attendance was "low" and that someone felt the need to but bacon in the green beans at the banquet (ewww! ) I had a great time. I hope to see more of you guys next year!

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Where were you at when that happened, Mike? We hit it at about mile marker 200 or in the Dorrance/Wilson area and the cell hardly moved. It started, grew, shrank, and disappeared. I didn't think we were that close to you, I'd have bought you supper in Russell had I known. Should have swapped cellphone numbers

John Stricker

PS: no tornado, but there were 80 knot wind gusts ahead of and at the heaviest part of the squall line.

I can't remember exactly where, but it was east of Russel (as if that helps! ). There was a head-on accident between a mini van and a car shortly after the first "wave" started for me......I guess the minivan was westbound and hydroplaned into the east bound lanes.....luckily speeds were pretty low....everyone appeared to be OK.

I know we talked about driving home together and I just forgot about that....swapping cell #'s would have been OK, but I get absolutely no reception in Kansas at all from Topeka all the way to Colorado (Sprint sucks!).

At times it felt like a tornado was close....the winds would hit me on the drivers side one minute then the passenger side the next...very unnerving. I'm just glad that there was no hail!

See you next time!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2005 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:At times it felt like a tornado was close....the winds would hit me on the drivers side one minute then the passenger side the next...very unnerving. I'm just glad that there was no hail!

See you next time!

Sounds like a downburst. That's when a column of air rushes down from a thunderhead, hits the ground, and goes in every direction. Nasty stuff.

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
I didn't forget about it, but we got tied up finishing things up with Dan and Tanya and Eric and Beth closing out the hotel and things like that for the show. By the time I got back out, you were gone, which I figured if you had any trouble we'd run into you anyway since you were ahead of us.

We must have been less than 10 miles apart one way or the other. We came through there at about 6:30 or so, maybe a little later. It was a nasty little storm, kind of typical for Kansas this time of year, small but very intense if you get caught in the middle of it. Right around some of the ground I farm along I70 we had 2.5 inches of rain in less than 20 minutes. Less than 6 miles south of there, my hired hand got called out to a grass fire from a lightening strike and they had no rain at all. Welcome to Kansas.

John Stricker

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I can't remember exactly where, but it was east of Russel (as if that helps! ). There was a head-on accident between a mini van and a car shortly after the first "wave" started for me......I guess the minivan was westbound and hydroplaned into the east bound lanes.....luckily speeds were pretty low....everyone appeared to be OK.

I know we talked about driving home together and I just forgot about that....swapping cell #'s would have been OK, but I get absolutely no reception in Kansas at all from Topeka all the way to Colorado (Sprint sucks!).

At times it felt like a tornado was close....the winds would hit me on the drivers side one minute then the passenger side the next...very unnerving. I'm just glad that there was no hail!

See you next time!

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

I didn't forget about it, but we got tied up finishing things up with Dan and Tanya and Eric and Beth closing out the hotel and things like that for the show. By the time I got back out, you were gone, which I figured if you had any trouble we'd run into you anyway since you were ahead of us.

We must have been less than 10 miles apart one way or the other. We came through there at about 6:30 or so, maybe a little later. It was a nasty little storm, kind of typical for Kansas this time of year, small but very intense if you get caught in the middle of it. Right around some of the ground I farm along I70 we had 2.5 inches of rain in less than 20 minutes. Less than 6 miles south of there, my hired hand got called out to a grass fire from a lightening strike and they had no rain at all. Welcome to Kansas.

John Stricker

Rain???? Whats that?? Send it our way, I don't think we've had but 1/4" in the last month. I'll take it any way we could get it even if it's a quick torrential downpour. I figure at least a 1/2" would soak in and givethe plants a drink. Hell the farmers could sure use it.

Glad to hear you made it home safe Mike and Joe.

Dan

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
OK, here's my driving music list. It has volumes 1-12. I'm still working the bugs out of volumes 13-16. A volume is 2 CDs, originally (in the days before CD burners) meant to be put on opposite sides of a 120 minute cassette. The running length of each CD between 55 and 60 minutes, so it will fit on a 120 minute cassette, 2 hour DAT tape or 2 hour HI-FI VHS. Orignally, it was only going to be 2 CDs of my favorite driving music songs, but it kept growing. Now, it's up to 32 CDs, and I figure I have enough material for maybe 4 more. Then I want to make a series of the "best of" driving music.

Each CD is meant to be able to stand alone, or be played back to back in a volume (of 2). The tracks are picked to flow from one to the next so that the progression sounds good together. The songs are only ones that I like. I'm sure there are a lot more out there, but these are only songs I want to hear regularly.

There are some artists you probably haven't heard of, and you'll have your own favorites, but these tracks flow together nicely:
(if this list is too long or off topic for this thread, let me know, and I'll move it to a new topic)

1-1 (Volume 1, Disc 1)
001-0101 - THX long intro.mp3
002-0102 - Star Trek - warp speed.mp3
003-0103 - top gun opening.mp3
004-0104 - Blues Bros - 106 mi to Chicago.mp3
005-0105 - Steppenwolf - Born to be wild.mp3
006-0106 - Star Trek and Steppenwolf - Magic carpet ride.mp3
007-0107 - Golden Earring - Radar love.mp3
008-0108 - Foghat - Slow ride.mp3
009-0109 - Elton John - Rocket man.mp3
010-0110 - Eagles - Those shoes.mp3
011-0111 - Bob Seeger - Her strut.mp3
012-0112 - Heart - Barracuda.mp3
013-0113 - Frankie - Relax.mp3
014-0114 - Elton John - The ***** is back.mp3
015-0115 - Power Station - Get it on.mp3

1-2
016-01 - Edgar Winter - Frankenstein.mp3
017-02 - RHCP - Power of equality.mp3
018-03 - RHCP - If you have to ask.mp3
019-04 - ZZ Top - Legs (better remix version).mp3
020-05 - Little Feat - Texas twister.mp3
021-06 - Foghat - Fool for the city.mp3
022-07 - Rush - Red barchetta.mp3
023-08 - War - Low rider.mp3
024-09 - Allman Bros - Jessica.mp3
025-10 - Dire Straits - Money for nothing.mp3
026-11 - Little Feat - Let it roll.mp3
027-12 - ZZ Top - La grange.mp3

2-1
028-01 - Bay Area Backroads.mp3 (from a local TV show)
029-02 - Rush - Countdown.mp3
030-03 - Boston - Foreplay-longtime.mp3
031-04 - ZZ Top - Tube snake boogie.mp3
032-05 - Doobie Bros - Rockin down the highway.mp3
033-06 - Gamma - Condition yellow.mp3
034-07 - Ozric Tentacles - White rhino tea.mp3
035-08 - ELO - Fire on high.mp3
036-09 - Led Zeppelin - Dyer Maker.mp3
037-10 - Van Halen - Why cant this be love.mp3
038-11 - ZZ Top - My heads in mississippi.mp3
039-12 - Gamma - Thunder and lightning.mp3
040-13 - Rush - Subdivisions.mp3

2-2
041-01 - Rush - Wheres my thing.mp3
042-02 - Jeff Beck - Star cycle.mp3
043-03 - Ozric Tentacles - Afroclonk.mp3
044-04 - ELO - Turn to stone.mp3
045-05 - Dire Straits - Calling elvis.mp3
046-06 - Doobie Bros - Black water.mp3
047-07 - Manheim Steamroller - Classical gas.mp3
048-08 - Yes - Roundabout.mp3
049-09 - Led Zeppelin - The crunge.mp3
050-10 - ZZ Top - Tush.mp3
051-11 - Gamma - Im alive.mp3
052-12 - Ozric Tentacles - Wob glass.mp3

3-1
053-01 - Eric Woolfson - The nirvana principle.mp3
054-02 - LCD - Fall for me.mp3
055-03 - 2 Unlimited - Get Ready 4 This.mp3
056-04 - The Call - Let the day begin.mp3
057-05 - Peter Gabriel - Red rain.mp3
058-06 - Red Rider - - Lunatic Fringe.mp3
059-07 - Kansas - Carry on my wayward son.mp3
060-08 - Doobie Bros - China grove.mp3
061-09 - Huey Lewis & The News - I Want A New Drug.mp3
062-10 - ELO - Dont bring me down.mp3
063-11 - Cars - Shoo be doo.mp3
064-12 - Cars - Candy-o.mp3
065-13 - Ozric - Waterfall city.mp3

3-2
066-01 - Santana - Jingo.mp3
067-02 - ELO - Jungle.mp3
068-03 - Peter Gabriel - Shock the monkey.mp3
069-04 - Fleetwood Mac - Tusk.mp3
070-05 - DEVO - Satisfaction.mp3
071-06 - RHCP - Give it away.mp3
072-07 - Herbie Hancock - Rockit.mp3
073-08 - Love and Rockets - So Alive.mp3
074-09 - Don Henly - All She Wants To Do Is Dance.mp3
075-10 - The Call - I still believe.mp3
076-11 - Thomas Dolby - She blinded me with science.mp3
077-12 - Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do.mp3

4-1
078-01 - Aldo Nova - Fantasy.mp3
079-02 - BOC - Take me away.mp3
080-03 - The Call - Everywhere I go.mp3
081-04 - Doobie Bros - Jesus is just alright.mp3
082-05 - Dave Matthews - Too much.mp3
083-06 - LCD - Arabian nights.mp3
084-07 - Devo - Whip it.mp3
085-08 - Brand X - Manifest destiny.mp3
086-09 - Rush - Dreamline.mp3
087-10 - The Firm - Radioactive (Extended).mp3
088-11 - David Gilmour - Until We Sleep.mp3
089-12 - Peter Gabriel - Solsbury hill.mp3

4-2
090-01 - Van Halen - Jump.mp3
091-02 - LCD - Shout.mp3
092-03 - Don Henley - Driving with your eyes closed.mp3
093-04 - Edger Winter Group - Free Ride.mp3
094-05 - Santana - All i ever wanted.mp3
095-06 - Doobie Bros - Long train runnin'.mp3
096-07 - Heart - Crazy On You.mp3
097-08 - The Call - The walls came down.mp3
098-09 - Rush - Roll the bones.mp3
099-10 - Wall of Voodoo - Mexican radio.mp3
100-11 - Oingo Boingo - Dead mans party.mp3
101-12 - Ozric - Spiralmind.mp3

5-1
102-01 - George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone.mp3
103-02 - U2 - When love comes to town.mp3
104-03 - zz top - Cheap sunglasses.mp3
105-04 - Led Zeppelin - Trampled underfoot.mp3
106-05 - BOC - Godzilla.mp3
107-06 - Pink Floyd - Run like hell.mp3
108-07 - Rush - Yyz.mp3
109-08 - Styx - Renegade.mp3
110-09 - Sammy Hagar - I can't drive 55.mp3
111-10 - Bachman Turner Overdrive - Taking Care Of Business.mp3
112-11 - Dire Straits - Walk of life.mp3
113-12 - Bob Dylan - Rainy day women.mp3
114-13 - Joe Walsh - All night long.mp3

5-2
115-01 - Steve Miller - Jungle love.mp3
116-02 - Gary Numan - Cars.mp3
117-03 - The Stranglers - All roads lead to Rome.mp3
118-04 - Dirty Vegas - Days go by.mp3
119-05 - Right Said Fred - Im Too Sexy.mp3
120-06 - zz top - Sharp dressed man.mp3
121-07 - Styx - Too much time.mp3
122-08 - Journey - Only The Young.mp3
123-09 - BOC - The reaper.mp3
124-10 - Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing.mp3
125-11 - peter frampton - show me the way (live).mp3
126-12 - Santana - Open invitation.mp3
127-13 - Rush - The spirit of the radio.mp3

6-1
128-01 - Montrose - Bad motor scooter.mp3
129-02 - INXS - Suicide Blonde.mp3
130-03 - J. Geils Band - Come Back.mp3
131-04 - zz top - Sleeping bag.mp3
132-05 - Joe Walsh - Funk 49.mp3
133-06 - Sugarloaf - Green eyed lady.mp3
134-07 - Heart - Heartless.mp3
135-08 - Hollies - Long cool woman.mp3
136-09 - Talking Heads - Psycho killer.mp3
137-10 - Fleetwood Mac - World turning.mp3
138-11 - Wild Cherry - Play the funky music.mp3
139-12 - Tone Loc - Funky cold medina.mp3
140-13 - RHCP - Naked in the rain.mp3
141-14 - Pink Floyd - Young Lust.mp3

6-2
142-01 - Rush - Tom Sawyer.mp3
143-02 - Montrose - Rock candy.mp3
144-03 - Eagles - Life in the fast lane.mp3
145-04 - Huey Lewis & The News - Heart And Soul.mp3
146-05 - Styx - Come sail away.mp3
147-06 - Yes - Owner of a lonely heart.mp3
148-07 - J.Geils Band - Centerfold.mp3
149-08 - Talking Heads - Once in a lifetime.mp3
150-09 - Yello - Oh yeah.mp3
151-10 - Joe Walsh - Rocky mountain way.mp3
152-11 - ZZ Top - Jesus Just Left Chicago.mp3
153-12 - Don McLean - American Pie.mp3

7-1
154-01 - Er theme.mp3
155-02 - Network - L21.mp3
156-03 - Lou Bega - Mambo no 5.mp3
157-04 - Stray Cats - Rock this town.mp3
158-05 - Romantics - What I Like About You.mp3
159-06 - Thin Lizzy - The boys are back in town.mp3
160-07 - Deep Purple - Perfect strangers.mp3
161-08 - Rainbow - Stone Cold.mp3
162-09 - Jethro Tull - Locomotive breath.mp3
163-10 - Chris Isaak - Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing.mp3
164-11 - The Champs - Tequila.mp3
165-12 - George Thorogood - I drink alone.mp3
166-13 - Peter Gabriel - Big time.mp3
167-14 - Bad Company - Rock n' roll fantasy.mp3
168-15 - Led Zeppelin - Rock and roll.mp3
169-16 - U2 - Desire.mp3

7-2
170-01 - MIAMI VICE.mp3
171-02 - Styx - Mr Roboto.mp3
172-03 - Queen - Bohemian rhapsody.mp3
173-04 - UFO - Love to love.mp3
174-05 - Bad Company - Electric land.mp3
175-06 - Sting - Desert Rose.mp3
176-07 - SANTANA - SMOOTH.mp3
177-08 - Deep Purple - Knocking at your back door.mp3
178-09 - Led Zeppelin - The song remains the same.mp3
179-10 - George Thorogood - One bourbon, one scotch, one bee.mp3
180-11 - Gary Glitter - Rock n roll pt 2.mp3

8-1
181-01 - Bachman Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothing Y.mp3
182-02 - Molly Hatchett - Flirtin' With Disaster.mp3
183-03 - Fabulous Thunderbirds - Tuff Enough.mp3
184-04 - Golden Earring - When The Bullet Hits The Bone.mp3
185-05 - Eddie Money - Shakin'.mp3
186-06 - Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces.mp3
187-07 - Madness - One Step Beyond.mp3
188-08- Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut.mp3
189-09 - Aerosmith - Big Ten Inch Record.mp3
190-10 - ELO - Roll over Beethoven.mp3
191-11- Doors - Roadhouse Blues.wma
192-12 - Bob Seeger - Old Time Rock and Roll.mp3
193-13 - Kenny Loggins - Footloose.wma
194-14 - Phil Collins - Take Me Home.mp3

8-2
195-01 - Eddie Money - Two Tickets To Paradise.mp3
196-02 - Foreigner - Urgent.mp3
197-03 - Tom Petty- runnin' down a dream.mp3
198-04 - The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic.mp3
199-05 - Grand Funk Railroad - We're An American Band.mp3
200-06 - Mountain - Mississippi Queen.mp3
201-07 - 38 Special - Hold On Loosely.mp3
202-08 - Tarney-Spencer Band---No Time To Lose.mp3
203-09 - Guess Who - American Woman.mp3
204-10 - Deep Purple - Woman From Tokyo.mp3
205-11 - Vapors - Turning Japanese.mp3
206-12 - The Knack - My Sharona.mp3
207-13 - U2 - Joshua Tree - Bullet The Blue Sky.mp3
208-14 - Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze.mp3

9-1
209-01 - James Bond - Theme (Original).mp3
210-02 - Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away.wma
211-03 - Deep Purple- Smoke on the Water.mp3
212-04 - Pearl Jam - Even Flow.mp3
213-05 - Jimi Hendrix - Foxy Lady.mp3
214-06 - ZZ Top - Pearl necklace.mp3
215-07 - J. Geils Band - Freeze Frame.mp3
216-08 - Genesis - Keep It Dark.mp3
217-09 - peter gabriel - Don't Break This Rhythm.mp3
218-10 - Paul Simon - The Boy In The Bubble.mp3
219-11 - War - Cisco Kid.mp3
220-12 - Stanley Clarke - We Supply.mp3
221-13 - Michael Sembello - Maniac.mp3
222-14 - new order - Blue Monday Original.mp3

9-2
223-01 - Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man.mp3
224-02 - Free - All Right Now.mp3
225-03 - Head East - Never Been Any Reason.mp3
226-04 - Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time.mp3
227-05 - Bad Company - Feel like makin love.mp3
228-06 - Billy Squier - The stroke.mp3
229-07 - April Wine - Roller.mp3
230-08 - Icicle Works - Whisper To A Scream.mp3
231-09 - Genesis - Abacab.mp3
232-10 - Mike And The Mechanics - Silent Running.mp3
233-11 - Ice House - Cross the Border.mp3
234-12 - U2 - I will follow.mp3

10-1
235-01 - Beach Boys - 409.mp3
236-02 - Bruce Springsteen - Pink Cadillac.mp3
237-03 - Randy Newman - I Love LA.mp3
238-04 - Sniff'n the Tears - Driver's Seat.mp3
239-05 - Fleetwood Mac - Hypnotized.mp3
240-06 - Bachman Turner Overdrive - Roll On Down.mp3
241-07 - Don Felder - Heavy metal.mp3
242-08 - Goin South- Black Betty.mp3
243-09 - Loverboy-Everybodys Working For The Weekend.mp3
244-10 - Elton John - Pin Ball wizard.mp3
245-11 - The Who - Who Are You.mp3
246-12 - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird.mp3

10-2
247-01 - Joe Satriani - Flying In A Blue Dream.mp3
248-02 - Manfred Mann - Blinded By The Light.mp3
249-03 - Bachman Turner Overdrive - Roll On Down The Highway.mp3
250-04 - ZZ Top - Arrested For Driving While Blind.mp3
251-05 - April Wine - I Like To Rock.mp3
252-06 - Joan Jett - I Love Rock n Roll.mp3
253-07 - rolling stones - Undercover of the night.mp3
254-08 - PETER GABRIEL - STEAM.mp3
255-09 - Chess - One Night In Bangkok.mp3
256-10 - Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Around.mp3
257-11 - Who - Baba O'Reilly.mp3
258-12 - Ted Nuguent - Stranglehold.mp3

11-1
259-01 - Alan Parsons - Project Sirius.mp3
260-02 - Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger.wma
261-03 - Thin Lizzy - The boys are back in town.mp3
262-04 - Pretenders - Ohio.mp3
263-05 - INXS- Devil Inside.mp3
264-06 - The Clash - Rock the casbah.mp3
265-07 - Foreigner - Cold as Ice.mp3
266-08 - Loverboy - Turn Me Loose.mp3
267-09 - Argent - Hold Your Head Up.mp3
268-10 - Three Dog Night - Summer In the City.mp3
269-11 - Beach Boys - Little Deuce Coupe.mp3
270-12 - Boz Scaggs-Lido Shuffle.mp3
271-13 - John Fogarty - Centerfield.mp3
272-14 - Don Henley - Dirty Laundry.mp3
273-15 - Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run.mp3

11-2
274-01 - Eric Clapton - Travelin Light.mp3
275-02 - Fleetwood Mac - Oh Well - full length.mp3
276-03 - Rolling Stones - Paint It Black.mp3
277-04 - Jackyl - Lumberjack.mp3
278-05 - Nirvana- Smells Like Teen Spirit.mp3
279-06 - Janes Addiction- Been Caught Steeling.mp3
280-07 - Duran Duran - Rio.mp3
281-08 - Paul Simon- You Can Call Me Al.mp3
282-09 - Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright.mp3
283-10 - Lindsey Buckingham - Go Insane.mp3
284-11 - Loverboy - Turn Me Loose.mp3
285-12 - Foreigner - Juke Box Hero.mp3
286-13 - Jackson Browne - Stay (live).mp3

12-1
287-01 - Simple Minds - She's a River.mp3
288-02 - Billy Squier - Love is the hero.mp3
289-03 - Gamma - Modern girl.mp3
290-04 - Grand Funk Railroad - Locomotion.mp3
291-05 - Barenaked Ladies - One Week.mp3
292-06 - Tom Petty - Learning to Fly.mp3
293-07 - Jethro Tull - Kissing Willie.mp3
294-08 - George Thorogood - Who do you love.mp3
295-09 - Pat Travers - Snortin Whiskey,Drinkin Cocaine.mp3
296-10 - Sammy Hagar - Red.mp3
297-11 - The Police - Walking On The Moon.mp3
298-12 - Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight.mp3
299-13 - Ozric - Tight spin.mp3

12-2
300-01 - Billy Squier - All night long.mp3
301-02 - Devo - Girl you want.mp3
302-03 - Was not was - Walk the dinosaur.mp3
303-04 - Tommy Tutone - 876-5309.mp3
304-05 - Baha Men- Who Let The Dogs Out.mp3
305-06 - Ojays - For the love of money.mp3
306-07 - Santana - Oye como va.mp3
307-08 - Lee Ritenour - Mr Briefcase.mp3
308-09 - Queen - Keep Yourself Alive.mp3
309-10 - Madonna - Ray of Light.mp3
310-11 - Donna Summer - I Feel Love.mp3 (long version)
311-12 - Gamma - What's gone is gone.mp3
312-13 - Ozric - Holohedron.mp3

I'll try to get the tracklists for Volumes 13-16 together, if you'd like.

Notes:

These tracks are movie soundbites:
001-0101 - THX long intro.mp3 - this is the THX sound intro they do before movies

002-0102 - Star Trek - warp speed.mp3 - "Mr. Scott?" "Aye, sir?" "We'll be going to warp speed" "Aye, sir!" (from Star Trek II, Wrath of Khan"

004-0104 - Blues Bros - 106 mi to Chicago.mp3 - From the Blues Brothers move "It's a 106 miles to Chicago..."

006-0106 - Star Trek and Steppenwolf - Magic carpet ride.mp3 - this is from Star Trek - First Contact, when they're taking off with Zephrem Cochrane. It's edited so it's like the movie.

Ozric = Ozric Tentacles, an English techno/psychedelic band

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:
MinnGreenGT's entry:

ROFLMAO!!! That is hilarious! Thanks Guys

I'm glad that other people are able to see the inherant "closeness" of the Minnesota group - it comes from knowing each other for many years on end (as well as many of them bunking together at shows to cut down on the budget ). I know that I'd do whatever I could to help any of them, and they'd do the same for me without hesitation! That, and we don't just hang around when Fiero are involved (although rarely is there a gathering that doesn't involve at least some discussion of the car).

I'm still sorry I missed the show - as it sounded like a great time. The good news is, that after more than a week, Carissa is finally starting to feel better. She's hoping to make it back to work later this week. Thanks everyone for you supportive messages... it's truly appreciated! And since I was home all weekend, I spent most of Saturday cleaning the garage and fixing an old motorcycle - then Sunday starting to detail my Dad's '99 vette for photos (it's likely going to end up on ebay shortly). So got my fair share of sweat & car cleaning this weekend (of course, my Fiero is still dusty and only moved about 6").

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post
Well we're home finally, flew in early this morning and crawled into bed around 4am~ I was the smart one... I took today off too.

It was so nice to see everyone that could attend. I would like to thank everyone for making this an event worth travelling for - and it was! It was great meeting all the new folks and seeing all our friends. The CFOGi BOD did a most excellent job of putting on a great Fiero gathering!

I would like to send a special thank you to Dan and Tayna ~ for all you two did to make this a success! To the rest of the BOD way to go!

It was a wonderful suprise to see Rosie & Ed / Ed & Bev, Jack and Dan. mrfiero and BlackRams

To all the crew from MN -thanks for a very memorable week. It was good to see Rodney too.

Wudman and Gabi - great to meet you two, Wudman you sir are a heck of DJ! Gabi I'll email you once I've downloaded all my mail-thank you again for the samples. And thank you Jennifer for all the work you put in to the door prizes and the goody bags!

Some folks think more cars are better and for some that may be true but for me I think this show was just right! It had a similar feeling of the old Fall Dutch Classic ( for those that know me well - know that is the show I judge all others by).

The Pool party was a blast!! Thanks in part to the crew from MN, Jennifer Lindsey and Blake & Jen. The banquet was very nice and a lot of fun! What a great job Kev and Rob did on the trophies ...they were very unique (glad to hear Carissa is feeling better)! And lastly to John and Sandi Stricker - "what are you wearing" Hope to see you all next year.

Kudos to CFOGi - BOD and Members alike. Can't wait to see what next year will bring!

And a very special thank you to Boomtastic ... for all you do.

------------------
MsBeth~MsBethsFieroGarage Boomtastic Racing
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.- Henry David Thoreau
Proud mother of a soldier!!! HOOAH!!!

[This message has been edited by MsBeth (edited 08-09-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MsBeth:
And a very special thank you to Boomtastic ... for all you do.

Yes - let's not forget to thank Eric and Beth!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
What happened? Brakes? Looks like it was something minor I hope?

Trouble in Paradise:

FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post

Does anyone have any pics of the Osage Beach Hillbilly Run-In?

------------------

My Web page | The Turbo Super Duty Build.
You know that little voice that says it can't be done? I duct-taped mine's mouth shut and pushed it down a flight of stairs.

[This message has been edited by FastIndyFiero (edited 08-09-2005).]

MsBeth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsBethClick Here to visit MsBeth's HomePageSend a Private Message to MsBethDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Yes - let's not forget to thank Eric and Beth!

No thank you John for coming all that way to hang out with us. It was so great to see you but as always once a year never gives us enough time to catch up But we did make the most of what little time we had - I'm looking forward to next year. I'm very glad to hear you folks made it back to the other coast okay.

See you next summer I hope.

Beth

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
FieroBear - where do I send my blank CDs?

Litespd - One of them was attemtping to be VERY "friendly" with me. I had to keep watching over my shoulder ... lol

Oslo - I can host the video, but not at 2.6Gb. If you want me to re-edit it and post it just PM or email me.

As long as everyone had a good time and made it home unscathed then it was a sucessful show. Next year someone else can buy the first round of drinks!

------------------

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
What happened? Brakes? Looks like it was something minor I hope?

Well, PR had to rebuild both sides of his front suspension because his RCC coilover setup had worked itself apart on both sides.

I on the other hand, had developed a pretty serious oil leak and replaced my oil pan gasket.

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed
'86 2.5L turbo put to sleep
Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Not necessarily driving music, but before TexasFieros.com went bye-bye, there was a discussion about hits from the years that the Fiero was in production. Anybody can search the Net for a complete list for every year, but out of them all, I assembled my Top-100 list...

Legs - ZZ Top
Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
Run to You - Bryan Adams
Smooth Operator - Sade
Amanda – Boston
Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speedwagon
What About Love - Heart
Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen
The Sweetest Taboo – Sade
R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A. - John Cougar Mellencamp
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Higher Love - Steve Winwood
The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & the Range
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
Walk of Life - Dire Straits
All I Need is a Miracle - Mike + the Mechanics
Money for Nothing - Dire Straits
Pink Houses - John Cougar Mellencamp
You Might Think - The Cars
I Want a New Drug - Huey Lewis & The News
Sister Christian - Night Ranger
Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
The Heart of Rock & Roll - Huey Lewis & the News
Owner of a Lonely Heart – Yes
Jump - Van Halen
Born In the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
Small Town - John Cougar Mellencamp
Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
We Built This City – Starship
The Power of Love - Huey Lewis & the News
I Want to Know What Love Is – Foreigner
Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
These Dreams – Heart
Sara – Starship
With Or Without You - U2
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now – Starship
Heaven Is A Place On Earth - Belinda Carlisle
La Bamba - Los Lobos
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns n' Roses
Simply Irresistible - Robert Palmer
Addicted to Love - Robert Palmer
Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins
If This Is It - Huey Lewis & The News
Sunglasses at Night - Corey Hart
99 Luftballons – Nena
Let's Hear It For the Boy - Deneice Williams
Against All Odds (Take A Look at Me Now) - Phil Collins
Get It On (Bang a Gong) - Power Station
Walking on Sunshine - Katrina & the Waves
California Girls - David Lee Roth
All She Wants to Do Is Dance - Don Henley
I'm On Fire - Bruce Springsteen
You Belong to the City - Glenn Fry
Lonely Ol' Night - John Cougar Mellencamp
We Belong - Pat Benatar
The Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Miami Vice Theme - Jan Hammer
The Heat is On - Glenn Frey
Heaven - Bryan Adams
A View to a Kill - Duran Duran
Sussido - Phil Collins
Crazy For You – Madonna
Living in America - James Brown
Hip to Be Square - Huey Lewis and the News
True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
Burning Heart – Survivor
Walk Like an Egyptian – Bangles
We'll Be Together – Sting
The Finer Things - Steve Winwood
Little Lies - Fleetwood Mac
Shakedown - Bob Seger
Kokomo - The Beach Boys
Hazy Shade of Winter – Bangles
Sweet Child of Mine - Guns n' Roses
Roll With It - Steve Winwood
Wrapped Around Your Finger - The Police
The Language of Love - Dan Fogelberg
Magic - The Cars
Cover Me - Bruce Springsteen
Drive - The Cars
Self Control - Laura Branigan
Talking in Your Sleep - The Romantics
Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
Lovin' Every Minute of It – Loverboy
Invincible - Pat Benatar
Fortress Around Your Heart – Sting
Sleeping Bag - ZZ Top
Never – Heart
If You Love Somebody Set Them Free – Sting
St. Elmo's Fire - John Parr
Your Wildest Dreams - The Moody Blues
Manic Monday – Bangles
Why Can't This Be Love - Van Halen
Who Will You Run To – Heart
Heat of the Night - Bryan Adams
Diamonds - Herb Alpert
Mandolin Rain - Bruce Hornsby and the Range
Alone – Heart
The Valley Road - Bruce Hornsby & the Range

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

You need to look more closely.
John Stricker

Now how in the world did I miss that? Oh well, good show!

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boomtastic:

Wasn't me. I was the one that said I had brought over 40,000 MP3s if you needed any ..

Nope - you couldn't have driven home faster - we just pulled in about 1 hour ago ( we did take a slight detour to Kentucky Horse park in Lexington).

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock