Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  NEW Street Dreams lowering knuckles, multi-pattern hubs and modular brakes (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
NEW Street Dreams lowering knuckles, multi-pattern hubs and modular brakes by Will
Started on: 10-08-2003 06:48 AM
Replies: 227
Last post by: cancerkazoo on 06-30-2005 12:33 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MOJO41:

You can count me in on a group buy. Just don't wait too long, I am ready to rebuild my entire suspension which will center around drop front spindles and rear coilovers.

Then email or call Ross! strdream@iserv.net http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/

------------------
'87 Fiero GT: Northstar, Getrag, TGP wheels, rear sway bar, rod end links, bushings, etc.
'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: Leaking ABS unit fixed, load levelling rear suspension fixed, still slow

IP: Logged
MOJO41

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOJO41Send a Private Message to MOJO41Direct Link to This Post
"Then email or call Ross!"strdream@iserv.net http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/

Done! Just waiting on the details.

Let me know.

Mark

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2003 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Street Dreams should have started cutting the hubs this week.

------------------
'87 Fiero GT: Northstar, Getrag, TGP wheels, rear sway bar, rod end links, bushings, etc.
'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: Leaking ABS unit fixed, load levelling rear suspension fixed, still slow

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2003 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm...now I know why he hasen't fininshed the (revised) electric Lambo doors yet! he,he.

------------------

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Ooops. Forgot to mention that all the first batch of hubs will be 7075. The knuckles will be 6061, but since large scale manufacturers use that material for their aluminum knuckles it ought to do fine.

------------------

bushroot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bushrootSend a Private Message to bushrootDirect Link to This Post
Will, remind me again why I bought an '88?...I'm SOL...
86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
Will, how many orders have been placed? I want to order the knuckles and hubs, but I am unsure what bolt pattern I want and when I would have to pay for it. I don't have the money now but I can make it in about a month. The 5x4 3/4 bolt pattern, is that the one from the camaro, vettes and firebirds?

------------------

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2003 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
All hubs are being produced with all four bolt circles.

If you are serious, get in touch with Ross. He's a reasonable guy and I'm sure that the two of you can work something out.

------------------

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
I got an e-mail from Ross saying that he hopes to have the first pair of knuckles roughed by the end of this week (like tomorrow). So it's coming SOON.

------------------

86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2003 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
Will, this will be an on goin product for him right? I cannot afford to order the knuckles NOW since I have a transmission to get together and a holley computer to order, so you know im swamped for money. Will the prices go up after the group buys are done?

------------------

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2003 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Should be an ongoing product, if for no other reason than that he had to modify the casting patterns in order to make the new knuckles. Ross also told me that the new knuckles are actually less likely to scrap a part than the old knuckles.

They have 4 orders and the initial run will be 5 units, so they'll have one in inventory. Unless someone else gets interested, you should be able to pick that one up.

Email him and ask! The more interest he sees in this product the more faith he'll have in it.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
I would like them for my 88 also. There has got to be at least five of us on this thread alone that want them for 88s.

Steve

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2003 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Ummm... Six?

What I'd like to see is a set of 1.5" dropped 88 front knuckles, that will accommodate the Corvette or F-body hub/bearing assembly.
Along with those I'd like to see an 88 rear knuckle (dropped or not) that would also accommodate the Corvette rear hub/bearing assembly.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe.

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2003 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Add me to the list of 88 owners that would be all over this if available. Actually both cars I would want this for are 88s. My 85 is so far down the priority list, (it presently doesn't move) that I can't commit the funds for this.

I would get this for the 5 x 4 3/4" bolt pattern change alone. I would love to run stock F-body wheels on my car.

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Progress Report: the piece pictured is in the developmental phase. Jeff, the CNC guy at Street Dreams is figuring out exactly how he wants the machines to make the final part. The final part will be much more trim than the one pictured here.

For you '88 guys... I emailed them about the possibility of doing knuckles for the '88. Jeff said that once he gets the kinks worked out of making these knuckles for the early cars, it may not be that hard to make a version for the '88's, so stay tuned. There are 6 of you who have already said you'd buy a set for your cars. I'll buy a 7th to experiment with... That's more orders than he has for the '84-'87 knuckles right now.

I also have some ideas about how to make a fabricated knuckle for the '88 rear suspension which would allow upgraded bearings in the application as well. It would also have adjustable suspension pivots to allow a lowered car to maintain stock geometry.

------------------

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I can"t wait!
perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicDirect Link to This Post
That's right purty Will! Also gives me some ideas (of course)! Back to the drawing board... come on Igor!!!

perk

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Will the '88 spindles use the '84-'87 multipattern hubs also?

Steve

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
The '88 knuckles will most likely use cartridge bearings like stock '88's do, only different bearings for different bolt circles. Maybe C5 front hubs and Grand Prix rear hubs, or something. That's not under immediate consideration, but when the time comes I'll do the research I'm good at and come up with a solution.
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2003 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Damnit Will. If I end up buying $1k in front suspension components I don't need I'm going to kick your ass.

Those do look sweet.

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2003 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001
So what are you guys doing in the rear hub-wise?

I like to run the same size tires on all four corners so that I can rotate on the street and different bolt patterns wouldn't work.

PFF
System Bot
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2003 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Howard_Sacks (edited 11-25-2003).]

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Pretty exciting stuff. I'm in full support of some custom 88 front end parts that would meet more requirements than Held's do. Hell, I graduate next March...perhaps I'll have time to help out with the 88 design after then. I should be in full production mode on a couple of my projects that are currently on hold, so I would have easier access to my Fieros for fiddling with.

Thanks for the update, I'm curious to see how they turn out and how many actually buy some on the first run.

Bryce
88 GT

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Howard_Sacks:

So what are you guys doing in the rear hub-wise?

I like to run the same size tires on all four corners so that I can rotate on the street and different bolt patterns wouldn't work.

Please tell me you didn't just say that.
Rotating tires is for family cars. Sports cars have different tire sizes front and rear.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/035347.html
In the Developing Modern Ride/Handling Characteristics thread I talked a bit about the possibility of using '98+ W-body hub carriers, which would allow the use of C5 Corvette hubs, provided the correct axles are available. The W-body has the 5x115 pattern... The only things that can't be had on the rear as yet is the 5x4.5" Mustang pattern.

------------------

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

The only things that can't be had on the rear as yet is the 5x4.5" Mustang pattern.

You mean we can't use Cobra R wheels?!
Whaaah!

Just kidding.

That's good news on the 88 stuff. Everything I own is 88.
Also, apparently the 88 cradle into an earlier car is a popular swap. This being the case, it ought to please even more folks.

Raydar

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-25-2003).]

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-25-2003 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I did. You have no clue how fast I go through tires.

On your car, are you going with the 5X4.75 or sticking with the 5X115mm? or something else?

I guess one could order 5X100 and then just order another set of hubs at a later date when you get the rear done.

Originally posted by Will:

Please tell me you didn't just say that.
Rotating tires is for family cars. Sports cars have different tire sizes front and rear.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/035347.html
In the Developing Modern Ride/Handling Characteristics thread I talked a bit about the possibility of using '98+ W-body hub carriers, which would allow the use of C5 Corvette hubs, provided the correct axles are available. The W-body has the 5x115 pattern... The only things that can't be had on the rear as yet is the 5x4.5" Mustang pattern.

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Howard_Sacks:
On your car, are you going with the 5X4.75 or sticking with the 5X115mm? or something else?

I guess one could order 5X100 and then just order another set of hubs at a later date when you get the rear done.

You mean the new billet hubs? They all have all four bolt patterns. No need to order new ones.

I'm going to stay with 5x115 until I finish the proof of concept part of the W-body hub carrier swap and upgrade to 17's, at which point I'll go to 5x4.75.

------------------

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Anyone got a pair of pants, I just soiled myself. And some socks too.

I think Ill jump on the band waggon, I'll get my intentions inline online and email him tonight. I wonder If I can somehow manage to fit those 16X8, 87 Firebird formula wheels. Paint them white, then... Uh oh, I need another pair of socks.

------------------

84 Indy Quad 4
88 Silver GT 5 SP

perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:...I wonder If I can somehow manage to fit those 16X8, 87 Firebird formula wheels...

87 F-bodies still used the negative offset rear-drive type wheels. They'd be stickin out past the wheel openings a few inches

C5 and 92 (or was it 93) and up F-bodies used a positive offset, front-drive, type wheel.

perk

[This message has been edited by perkidelic (edited 11-25-2003).]

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
Poper looking wheels sticking out a few can
make the car seem damn mean, so dont be
hatin.
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boristheblade:

Poper looking wheels sticking out a few can
make the car seem damn mean, so dont be
hatin.

I'm hating. While I'm at it, I'm hating on your spelling and grammar as well!

Bryce
88 GT

PFF
System Bot
CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
I'm also not in the position to place an order right now. But right after Christmas I should be good again. I want to drop my car a little bit atleast and upgrade the bolt patterns. So I'll definitely be placing an order of some kind in the future.

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver
86 Pontiac Fiero GT Red/Silver

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for '88s as well.

------------------
1988 GT, 5-speed, white, beechwood leather, trying to get a 3.4 DOHC put together.

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2003 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

This is a 4 pattern hub in 7075 Aluminum. They also have blank hubs in 6061, so if you have a single odd pattern in your hub (like the Ferarri 108 mm that came up recently) give them a call and they should be able to do it for you.
http://www.iserv.net/~strdream

------------------

MrPBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2003 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyDirect Link to This Post
Very pretty! Nice photography, too.
86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2003 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
Is that how the hubs come so we can choose to upgrade to different bolt patterns at any time.

------------------

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2003 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Yes... the hubs have the four bolt circles I mentioned on the first page, and you can pick whichever one you want.

------------------

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2003 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Will;

I hope the knee is doing well.

For the first test sample hub anodize, we went with clear. I think Ross
will drop off more sets tomorrow and get several more of them anodized. I
attached a picture of the assembly. I have most of the programming done for
the left side spindle, now I am making progress with the right side. The
knuckle + spindle assembly is definitely lighter than our cast steel
spindles. We have both 6061 and 7075 hubs made. The 7075 hubs have all the
stud holes drilled into them already, there are no stud holes in the 6061
version yet.

I did find that the hub flange needs to be less than 5 3/8" diameter to work
with the LeBaron rotor. I don't think that is a problem, we would have to
use the lathe to turn that down.

Jeff

------------------

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2003 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Will

14226 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Grrrr....

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 12-20-2003).]

CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2003 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Lookin good!!!

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd
86 Pontiac Fiero GT Red/Silver 2.8L 5spd

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors