What Billet Gas door fits the Fiero???? by Rborecky
Started on: 05-10-2005 07:33 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 05-11-2005 12:04 PM
Rborecky

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2005 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
Like the title ask's What Billet Gas door fits the Fiero???? and are there any good shots of them. Thanks,,Rick B

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
California Car Cover has some for trucks. Possibly one will fit. Other than that, try JC Whitney. Both have online shopping.
2.8-4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.8-4spdSend a Private Message to 2.8-4spdDirect Link to This Post

2.8-4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.8-4spdSend a Private Message to 2.8-4spdDirect Link to This Post

2.8-4spd

181 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Ok got the pictures up! if PIP is not working for you, try www.photobucket.com! This is not Billet but gives you a idea. I bought this from Rob (AKA MinnGreenGT) It is from a Mitsubishi Vehicross sp? I had to make the factory hole slightly larger, 1/8 inch maybe. Then I made a special two part flange wich I bounded to the inside of the clip, the fuel door then mounts to the flange. Its seems to me that you can mount the factory door back in place because the hole is almost the same size.
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.8-4spd:

Ok got the pictures up! if PIP is not working for you, try www.photobucket.com! This is not Billet but gives you a idea. I bought this from Rob (AKA MinnGreenGT) It is from a Mitsubishi Vehicross sp? I had to make the factory hole slightly larger, 1/8 inch maybe. Then I made a special two part flange wich I bounded to the inside of the clip, the fuel door then mounts to the flange. Its seems to me that you can mount the factory door back in place because the hole is almost the same size.

Isuzu VehiCross.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I think we picked up the one that is now installed on Jordans Fast & Furious Fiero at Pep Boys, but we are now seeing them at AutoZone and at Advanced Auto as well. We had to custom cut the hole a bit wider and then Jordans Grandfather fit the replacement billet gas door assembly in:

I have to say I also really like the look of the one that 2.8-4spd posted too.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 05-11-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.8-4spd:

Ok got the pictures up! if PIP is not working for you, try www.photobucket.com! This is not Billet but gives you a idea. I bought this from Rob (AKA MinnGreenGT) It is from an Isuzu Vehicross. I had to make the factory hole slightly larger, 1/8 inch maybe. Then I made a special two part flange wich I bounded to the inside of the clip, the fuel door then mounts to the flange. Its seems to me that you can mount the factory door back in place because the hole is almost the same size.

I'm still very impressed at how nice that looks on your car... and how quickly you got it installed (seeing as how I had it sitting around for a couple of years)! I'm looking forward to seeing your car painted - should be a sweet one.

btw - for those interested, I bought the Vehicross door assembly from the dealer parts dept - and it was roughly $75 (Forrest got a slightly better deal than that from me ). Here's the door assembly out of the car & compared to the stock filler assembly: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020511-1-012834.html

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
what year is that from ?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2005 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wiccantoy:

what year is that from ?

AFAIK the Vehicross was produced from '99-'01 and the item was the same throughout.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock