Stored and lost fieros? by The Black Widow
Started on: 12-06-2004 12:05 AM
Replies: 85
Last post by: sonic50 on 05-17-2005 07:00 PM
Korupt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KoruptSend a Private Message to KoruptDirect Link to This Post
in my neighbor hood there is either an 84 or 85 in a yard with grass growing out from the trunk, two fastbacks in someones driveway, a notchie gt in a backyard, and a notchie coupe on the side of someones house.
IP: Logged
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Found this today in Nov 2004 Hemmings.......1978 Olds toronado black 14 actual miles never dealer prepped. $20,000 or B/O in New york state never driven Ed
Fire451

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Direct Link to This Post
grandpa has a 81 Toranado with 25,000 KM on it, everything except the oil is from the factory, looks like it just came off the show room floor, appraised at 18,000 about 6 years ago

------------------

86 SE 2.9L
Best ET : 14.9 @ 90 MPH

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
I was emailed by a forum member who graciously offered to scan and post pics of my 87 fiero w/ 000079.9 actualmiles. I snailmailed off to him today a few pics of the car. Hope to see them here soon. Todd thank you. ED
Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
I parked my Formula earlier this year. I have lost interest in the car, but can't part with it. It hasn't been started since and probably won't be for quite some time. Its got a completely rebuilt very well performing engine with ~20K miles, poly suspension, GR-2 dampers, getrag with CF clutch, 16" Yokohamaa AVS-ES100 tires, etc. Its all prepped and just about ready for the '05 autocross season but I highly doubt I will even bother with it. I honestly have no idea when it will see daylight again.

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 12-15-2004).]

Flyguyeddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyDirect Link to This Post
i used to work with a gentleman that has a 85 monte carlo ss with 4k on the clock. black, mint
she is a beauty, but not stock. he put the best sound system you could buy in it at the time, and up until recently it still had the original air filter in it. climate controlled garage....

nice car

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
In the July 2004 hemmings there was a 1984 red fiero with only 4 miles on it for sale. Still had factory plastic on seats.
Roland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RolandSend a Private Message to RolandDirect Link to This Post
isn't there a member with a DGP superduty Fiero with like 5k miles on it?
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2004 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
In June 2001 there was a 1986 gold Fiero on ebay with only 3.6 miles on it. Had body panels removed but rest of car was as is off assembly line 6 cyl too. car was in New york city.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2004 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
I have been giving this 9400 mile 84 SE some TLC. Still original owner, car was bought in September 84. The owner wants to preserve the car as it sits and has purchased one of those full car plastic car capsules to store it in. The car has been sitting in an airplane hangar since 1988. The last time the car was driven was to have the emmisions recall done on July 25th, 1988. The car had the original battery in it when I started this summer. Other than the rear calipers being stuck, the car has not had any issues after sitting all the years. One of the quietest 4 cylinders I have heard in years. The tires are showing signs of dry rot. Otherwise, this car is brand new.

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2004 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001

I would love to own this car someday. The only option the car does not have is the Power Mirrors. This car is the same as the dealer poster I had tacked on my wall before I was legally able to purchase my own Fiero in 1985.

Fred

PFF
System Bot
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2004 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Just spotted this in Nov 2004 Hemmings 1993 Mustang cobra 89 actual miles and 1994 Mustang Pacecar 28 actual miles ED
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
i would take that bra off that 84! that cannot be good for the paint.?

------------------
2x 85 gt, Formula, 00 Navigator(9 tv's,22's,ghostflames,etc...)69 Camaro 375hp350 4sp, 92 3000gt sl,90 Reatta,91 Olds Trofeo,80 Maserati Quattroportte,76 Thunderbird 460, & more less exciting ones.

The Black Widow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Black WidowSend a Private Message to The Black WidowDirect Link to This Post
That 84 is awesome! Thats incredible!
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2004 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg Z:

i would take that bra off that 84! that cannot be good for the paint.?

The bra and mirror bras were on there for about two hours to gaurd against any road debris in transport. So the car has had a bra on it a matter of hours over it's entire life time. The paint is flawless on this car, I did not want to put the first chip in it. Well, except the factory runs and blemishes. Amazing how well the quality control improved later in the production runs. This car sits inside a car capsule in a climate controlled airplane hangar were wood bi-planes are stored.

Fred

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2004 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
You know,It really is nice to see an 84 like that.So many have been cast away.It is kinda nice to know that there is still some of the origional fieros out there.

-Mark

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2004 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
This wouldn't count as having a great deal of value but it was a strange find in a barn...

We picked up six parts cars that had been in storage for nine years. They all had some kind of damage but it was a treasure trove of parts that had not been exposed to the up-state New York weather.

the parts have been valuable in restoring our other Fieros. So far, we have salvaged a couple sets of flawless notchie taillights, a perfect trunklid (even in the right color), a hood & front fenders, a complete interior including seats carpets, headliner etc. Dasboards, gauges, a V6 engine (now rebuilt), headlight lift mechanisms, wiring harnesses etc.

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2004 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have afriend who's mom has an 88 coupe stored in a garage since 1990 (not stored correctly unfortunately) that I offered $500 for, but she wants book value and I know that's not realistic. Now for the wierd part, my friend knows her mom is unrealistic as she has many cars people have offered to buy, but being she is a pack rat and has severe problems letting go of things. My friend told me that when her mom passes that she'll just give me the car knowing the fanatic I am about them.

So I feel wierd with the wait and see kind of situation.

Dan

Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2004 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
Not a bad find Gordo!
Looks like there was some decent parts to be had there....
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2004 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Todd, Did ya recieve my pics to post here yet? Im like a kid at a candy store waiting for them to appear. LOL Thanks Ed
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2004 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
PFF
System Bot
larryemory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2004 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larryemorySend a Private Message to larryemoryDirect Link to This Post
My daily driver is an 86 GT with 59,000 miles. I got it three years ago with 27,000 miles. I decided to drive it because it was deteriorating whether I was driving it or not. Darned plastic! I love the car-wish i could buy a new one. Oh well. It was one of those stored cars; in a collection I was told.
tomanyfieros

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2004 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tomanyfierosSend a Private Message to tomanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i know of an 87 blue coupe with 27,xxx miles.. has been sitting outside in the weeds for the past 15 years... he wants $800 for it.. it is a 5spd. when i saw it last (this past summer) the paint was all faded.. i opened the door and looked inside.. it looked BRAND NEW - i talked with the owner... it was his dads.. his dad did some work for some guy.. who couldnt pay for the work, so gave him the fiero to hold onto till he could come up with the money.. but never came back, and the car sat ever since... never fired up or anything.. i thought about buying it.. it has a clean title, but will need a LOT of work..
Thanks
Jason

------------------

Down the road she will go with all the memories...

Paul Prince

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2004 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/020727.html

Don't know if this was true or not..............Paul

ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2005 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
I have digital pics of my 79 mile fiero on my PC. i dont know how to post them here???? HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!! thanks Ed
The Black Widow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2005 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Black WidowSend a Private Message to The Black WidowDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ED77KATR:

I have digital pics of my 79 mile fiero on my PC. i dont know how to post them here???? HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!! thanks Ed

Hey.. feel free to email me and ill post em up for ya!
-Matt

The Black Widow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2005 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Black WidowSend a Private Message to The Black WidowDirect Link to This Post
Ee's 79 mile fiero...

-Matt

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2005 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Found this 87 GT in a garage in Germany this morning :-) I had dreamt I lost it... seriously, I recently dreamt that my Fiero was destroyed while parking on a beach. Has anybody dreamt about their Fiero before or am I weird???

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com/fiero.html
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, PU dog bone, bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, OZELOT exhaust, Mercedes SLK yellow, Mr. Mikes seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 player and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 01-05-2005).]

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2005 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Nevermind.

[This message has been edited by achawkins (edited 01-05-2005).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2005 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Hey, admitting that you dream about Fieros is not a thing to be ashamed of :-)

Originally posted by achawkins:

Nevermind.

achawkins

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2005 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for achawkinsClick Here to visit achawkins's HomePageSend a Private Message to achawkinsDirect Link to This Post
OK, OK I admit it. I dream about fiero's. Is there no end to this sickness?

FFFFrrrrrreeeeeeeeddddddoooooooommmmmm

------------------
____________________Marty
The Pearl White GT Build Up

PFF
System Bot
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2005 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
Thanks For posting Pics for me. ED
The Black Widow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2005 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Black WidowSend a Private Message to The Black WidowDirect Link to This Post
no prob ed, gorgeous car, and a true survivor! I ve never dreamed about fieros, although I have had dreams where I was driving one, or it was there,
-Matt
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
I saw a 84 pace car on eBay yesterday. Only has 17k on it. ED
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2005 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
someone PMed me to see pics of my car BUMP to help them out. thanks ED
ED77KATR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED77KATRSend a Private Message to ED77KATRDirect Link to This Post
bump
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Two rare Fieros in a dealership in Dusseldorf/Germany:

1) Yellow 88 GT with 175 km, never registered:

2) Silver SE CONVERTIBLE, 250 km, never registered:

Both are up for sale for a while at more than 22.000 Euros (28.000 US$)...

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com/fiero.html
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake hoses. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, OZELOT exhaust, Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-26-2005).]

2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
I found this one that had been "Barned" for 8 years. Had 32XXX miles. But it had been put away with bugs on the nose and some spots of pine sap on the paint. Did you know that "bug juice" will eventually etch into the clear coat?!!
The original tires were dry rotted, the rear brake calipers were stuck and the right corner of the rear bumper had been bumped hard enough to crack the paint. The interior was perfect. (even though it was tan lol) Dave
Indyellowgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
You lucky dog,Dave!!
I hope that GT is going with you when you move...
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2005 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

You lucky dog,Dave!!
I hope that GT is going with you when you move...

The trailer is waiting for it. That will be the most sunshine it's seen in a long time. Don't think it's been outside more than a few hours at a time in years.

Dave

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 03-26-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock