Started on: 03-21-2004 03:18 PM
Replies: 86
Last post by: 87GTSleeper on 05-10-2005 10:14 AM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
What water hoses are you using?
Looks great!
You get a + from me for the torque strut mount.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 11-26-2004).]

IP: Logged
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2005 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
BUMP, any updates?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2005 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
bump
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
Id like to see more on the waterpump, got any more pics?
87GTSleeper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSleeperSend a Private Message to 87GTSleeperDirect Link to This Post
I got some questions and comments about the coolant hoses and waterpump set up in my car so here is some info.

The coolant "hoses" I am using are actually flexible stainless steel tubes. The same goes for the heater hoses. I got them from Jegs, I think.

Coolant hoses: http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1129&prmenbr=361

Heater hoses: http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=243246&prmenbr=361

I like these things. You can snake them around anything.

I took some closer-up pics of my remote waterpump installed. Pardon the dust.

The way it's installed, you can only see one of the elbow fittings I used to plumb into the front of the block. The other one is identical. CSI makes the 12AN flanges that I used on the front of the block. For wiring, I ran a medium guage wire from the old "fuel injection" junction at the fuse box to the hot wire on the waterpump and grounded it through my harness at the engine grounds. I did up the fuse to a 20A. The waterpump will run anytime the key is at "on".

At about 2 o'clock on the pump in this pic, you can see where the inlet for the pump is. I ran flexible stainless tube from the passenger coolant tube to the WP inlet. I also ran a stainless tube from the thermostat housing to the driver side coolant tube, along the firewall. That 7/8" flex-tube running across the pic is a heater hose. I ran it from the intake manifold (just under the therm housing) to the heater core and left the stock hose from the heater core to the passenger coolant tube, since it is really not visible.

I should have incorporated a fill location on the hose that runs along the firewall to the the driver coolant tube as that is the highest point when the car is level. As it is, the coolant system is difficult to burp, but a higher fill location should take care of that.

Hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by 87GTSleeper (edited 04-03-2005).]

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2005 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Lookin good! I'm about to do the same thing but with a block mounted electric w/p.
87GTSleeper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSleeperSend a Private Message to 87GTSleeperDirect Link to This Post
For anyone who is intersted, I took my car to the Fiero Factory Swap Meet in Toney and participated in Dyno Day. From the stock TPI, I managed to get 228 HP and 317 TQ at the wheels, on my second run. The first run showed 226 HP and 317 TQ. That might give folks an idea of what to expect out of a bone-stock TPI swap.

There are pics and videos of both runs and results here (plus a lot more): http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=222&day=2005-5-1&c=1

Thanks to Samir at Huntsvillecarscene.com

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock