Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Dig this... it's CFOGi's 2004 summer event, man! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Dig this... it's CFOGi's 2004 summer event, man! by CFOG-International
Started on: 11-18-2003 09:38 AM
Replies: 95
Last post by: jstricker on 04-08-2004 01:05 AM
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Just a few things to mention...

* - You have 6 weeks to sign up before the rate goes up another $10. It's currently $50 for CFOGi members, $60 for non-members. Use the payment plan and members can send $16.75 in 3 bi-monthly payments, $20 for non-members. Those prices are for snail-mail payments. The Paypal amounts (gotta cover their fee!) and all other info is on the website - www.cfogi.org

* - We're still hoping Arnie "The Farmer" Beswick will be at the drags.

* - Paul Newman has been invited to make an appearance, but with that being in the middle of the CART racing season, I'm not getting my hopes up. Still, it's one week after their Portland race, and one week before the Cleveland Grand Prix, so there IS a chance.

(I forgot what the other thing was. I'm gettin' too old for this. Will edit or add a reply when it comes to me.)

IP: Logged
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Chuck,

I'm still planning on inviting "you know who". I am waiting for a good moment. Yes, I have a plan.

Paul

2fastfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2004 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2fastfieroSend a Private Message to 2fastfieroDirect Link to This Post
heck ill go if tina is gonna be there!!!!! nothing like a gal that works on her own ride,,,,,,,,if there is a mr. tina he sure is lucky!!!
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I just sent my registration in for the track day event.

I also called the Amerisuites...
They only have 20 rooms for Thursday and 50 rooms for Friday. If this event is only half as big as the 20th show, those rooms will go fast.

Oh yeah... the hotel only charged me $62.00 per night instead of the $70.00 that CFOG claimed was the discount. Fine by me! Thought I would give ya'll a heads up!

------------------
REMEMBER: stoplights synch'd for 35mph are also synch'd for 70mph.
(and for 140mph, now that I think about it.)

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

They only have 20 rooms for Thursday and 50 rooms for Friday. If this event is only half as big as the 20th show, those rooms will go fast.

Oh yeah... the hotel only charged me $62.00 per night instead of the $70.00 that CFOG claimed was the discount.

The $62 is probably BEFORE tax, because the deal was $70 INCLUDING tax. And for a suite that is even nicer than the rooms at the Pontiac Marriott (Centerpoint), that's a darn good deal.

I just made my reservations the other day too. I'm going to be there 5 nights - Wednesday thru Sunday, leaving Monday morning.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
What is going on out there on Thursday?
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Ok, let's start the caravan stuff again...lol, I have started the map and routing again for this event. All you Western folk that went with us last year I hope to see you again on the route, yes even you Fierobear...lol

Here is the link for you Caravan Map

It is in it's infancy stages but I will ad more info as we get closer to the event.

Anyone else coordinating a caravan to the event can forward me their information. I'd be more than happy to host all the caravan info for this event on my site.

See everyone there.

------------------
AIM - SWags2933

84 Fiero SE, Custom Hybrid (Updated to 88 wiring throughout, V6, 5spd, Fastback, Formula bumpers and Held Suspension) New wheels and paint are the next step.
84 Fiero IMSA Widebody (Centerlines, 3800SC & T-tops being added) slow work-in-progress

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

What is going on out there on Thursday?

That's when the event organizers set things up. You know, like how they had to build the stage at Woodstock in ' 69... stuff like that.

IronDuke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IronDukeSend a Private Message to IronDukeDirect Link to This Post
I'm still awaiting my DVD of CFOGi's summer event from LAST year. Sigh.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Chuck,

My wife and I will arrive on Wednesday also. We are going to the Air Combat Museum on Thursday. Point being is that I'll be in the area if we need to do something on Thursday.

Paul

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2004 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I plan on getting there Thursday. Just called and made my reservations at the host hotel, and like Blakeinspace, I was told that the room was $62/night. I asked her if the tax would bring it up to $70, as we were given a "$70 including tax" rate, but she couldn't tell me. Main thing is I got a room...
PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
With taxes (current at the time we reserved the block of rooms) it brings the price up to $70.11 or something like that. When we worked out the deal we had them calculate it to keep the total cost at $70 w/tax. I'm sure many of you remember the prices of the Marriott in Detroit, the room rates weren't bad (for a Marriott) but by the time the taxes got added in it was a very expensive stay.

John Stricker
Treasurer, CFOGi

Originally posted by litespd:

I plan on getting there Thursday. Just called and made my reservations at the host hotel, and like Blakeinspace, I was told that the room was $62/night. I asked her if the tax would bring it up to $70, as we were given a "$70 including tax" rate, but she couldn't tell me. Main thing is I got a room...

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2004 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
A bump and notice that almost half of our allotment of rooms is sold out for Friday night. There are more left for the other nights. If you want to stay, you need to get a reservation in to Amerisuites and let them know before you're out of luck. All the information you need can be found at Wheatstock .

John Stricker
Treasurer, CFOGi

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2004 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Wheatstock is now 80 days away, y'all. To get any discount at all, register before the end of this month. At that time, we will have to guess how many t-shirts to order and stuff like that. We can't spend money we don't have, so if everybody waits until last minute, there just may not be enough. Those who pre-registered will get their stuff. The others may have to wait a while.

P.S. - Anyone interested in sponsoring a show class for $25 is encouraged to contact us. Other sponsor opportunities are available also.

http://www.cfogi.org/wheatstock.htm

musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2004 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post
Hey everybody! SIGN UP PEOPLE! I want to drive on the track, and I know other people do too!

Nic

**EDITED, because I'm sleepy, and running out of creative ways to be a post whore for the night!**

[This message has been edited by musicman_L7 (edited 04-07-2004).]

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2004 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
A couple of people have voiced concerns about rooms. The host hotel, Amerisuites, is a 120 room 6-story hotel, we blocked off half of their rooms. They'll continue to take reservations at our negotiated price even after all of our block is sold out as long as they have rooms available. If they should be completely booked up for the weekend, there are at least 15 more hotels/motels within 1 mile of the host hotel for us to feed people off to. They range from Holiday Inn Express to Residence Inn to Super 8 and all the others youve grown to know and love (or hate).

In other words, if our host hotel fills up, there are more rooms in town, but you really want to be at the Amerisuites where the action is.

John Stricker
Treasurer, CFOGi

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock