Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Dig this... it's CFOGi's 2004 summer event, man! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Dig this... it's CFOGi's 2004 summer event, man! by CFOG-International
Started on: 11-18-2003 09:38 AM
Replies: 95
Last post by: jstricker on 04-08-2004 01:05 AM
sqoach

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Signed up
IP: Logged
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2003 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
I want to go !!!

Bump

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
hey Munk, i'll go if u go , i'll spread the word...

------------------
1985 RED GT 2.8 V6, 98k KM!

'WHO REALLY NEEDS REARVIEW MIRRORS?,
JUST KEEP YOUR EYE ON WHAT YOU'RE GONNA PASS NEXT!!!'

Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2003 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Nice an event in the middle of the US this will be better for the westerners. I for one am happy to drive 8 hours instead of the 20 hours and 1,300 miles I had to drive to the 20th. I will be there.

------------------

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2003 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Bump
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2003 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

I want to go !!!

Bump

Hope you can make it, me and Tanya are planning on going!! It'd be nice to get some of the I-80 caravaners together again!!

Dan

------------------

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 11-26-2003).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2003 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Believe me, we at CFOGi gave a lot of thought to location. We realize that some of our friends back east (and up north) will have a long haulbut no more so than those of us in the Mid and West part of the US have coming to the many events in the eastern part of the US.

What we hope to do is move the location from year to year so that we can make it accessible for as many of our members and other owners as possible. We're already looking at facilities in the southwest, northwest, and (GASP!!) even Canada for future events.

We know that not everyone has the time/money/ability to make the long hauls so we'd like to have events at enough varied locations that we can get as many as possible to have the ability to attend.

All Fiero Gnuts and Guru's are welcome and especially you yahoos from the central part of the US, don't make us look bad by not showing up or Chuck and I will personally take time off work, hunt you down, and kill you like the rabid dogs you are!

Keep in mind too that it's CHEAPEST to pay up before 12/31/03!! Save yourself some $$$ and let us know we're going to have a successful event.

John Stricker
Treasurer
Kit/Car Re-body Director
CFOGi

Originally posted by Christine:

Nice an event in the middle of the US this will be better for the westerners. I for one am happy to drive 8 hours instead of the 20 hours and 1,300 miles I had to drive to the 20th. I will be there.

Deezlfitr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2003 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeezlfitrSend a Private Message to DeezlfitrDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could make it!

------------------
Deezlfitr
"Life is just a bowl of cherries... ya just gotta watch out for the pits!"

1986 GT/Auto (my first)

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2003 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Some of us from the west coast might make it.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2003 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Sign up for Wheatstock by December 31, and be a CFOGi member by June 25, and you'll be in the drawing for a free week stay at a vacation condo! See... www.playacaribe.com. There are no strings attached. You don't have to listen to any sales pitch. Just go and enjoy.

You don't even have to pay the full registration price by December 31, you can sign up for the payment plan.

The drawing will be held during the car show, June 26, and you do not have to be present to win. More details are on the event info page... http://www.cfogi.org/wheatstock.htm

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 11-29-2003).]

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2003 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
Count me in; I'll have my car painted by then and will also play around on the road course! Finally an event in the midwest!
-Ryan
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Chuck, John S. and anyone else.....

I think the payment plan is a FANTASTIC IDEA! I hope that we can get more to participate by using it!

Paul

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm..........looks like I have my work cut out for me.

------------------

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

I think the payment plan is a FANTASTIC IDEA! I hope that we can get more to participate by using it!

Well, for this type of event, some funds are needed up-front. And usually, to raise money, you set a pre-registration date after which the price goes up, thus motivating people to register early. But that's a hardship for some people, so we hope this makes it easier.

The risk is if people don't make the payments on time.

If it works for this event, it could become a standard thing.

85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2003 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksDirect Link to This Post
count me in

------------------

soon...

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
We were asked about the price of entering a 2nd car. We considered several options, but decided there will be no discount for entering additional cars. Each car entered will require a full price registration which comes with another t-shirt, dash plaque, goody bag, meal ticket, and admission for two people.

Look at it this way: a CFOGi member who signs up by December 31 can enter TWO cars for the same price a non-member would pay for ONE car in May or June.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2003 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm signed up ! Now all I need to do is finish some "brake upgrade" by then.
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Just to elaborate on Chuck's post a little bit............

He and I emailed about this with other board members and Chuck talked to some board members, including me, on the phone about it at length. We really were torn between the idea of what to do about multiple cars from the same owner. What it finally boiled down to is that we really have cut our entry fees to the bare minimum for the event so that as many people as possible could afford to come. The event is at a GREAT facility for motorsports and that's not going to be inexpensive for CFOGi.

We honestly didn't think about people wanting to bring multiple cars until we were asked about it, but realize we should have since hardly anyone owns just *1* Fiero, but the bottom line is that we just couldn't have cut much from the entry fee to make it worthwhile.

I hope everyone understands how we had to make the decision, we really are trying to keep this as inexpensive as possible for as many people as possible.

John Stricker
Treasurer, CFOGi

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

We were asked about the price of entering a 2nd car. We considered several options, but decided there will be no discount for entering additional cars. Each car entered will require a full price registration which comes with another t-shirt, dash plaque, goody bag, meal ticket, and admission for two people.

Look at it this way: a CFOGi member who signs up by December 31 can enter TWO cars for the same price a non-member would pay for ONE car in May or June.

ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2003 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
Man I really wish I could go. The big problem is I doubt my job in the summer will allow me the time to go. Last year in July I had the time off because I was laid off for an additional week than normal and it happened to work out that it was at the right time. This summer I might not even have the chance to go, and I won't know until May or June... I reallllllllllly want to go!!!
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2003 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Bump
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2003 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The only thing I'm not going to like about going to this event is that it appears there's no easy way to get there from Dallas without significant driving on toll-roads. I hate tollroads. I mean, I would be ok with them if it meant that there were no taxes on gas, but since 1/3 of what I pay for gas is taxes, I want the roads that those taxes built to be free.

JazzMan

PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2003 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Jazzman,

On the toll road from Wichita to Topeka, none of YOUR tax money paid for it. It's been paid for from tolls for almost 40 years and was a high speed highway BEFORE I 70 was built.

In fact, back in the 70's when the Feds mandated a 55 mph speed limit on federally subsidized roads or they lost the money to maintain them, the state of KS said OK, on the roads you built, but our roads are going to stay 80 mph (which is what the speed limit was back then). After a short time, the feds came back and said Uh-Uh, it's 55 as well or you still lose the money for the other roads, even though you don't need it for this one.

The tolls aren't outrageous. I think around $5 for the 135 miles from Wichita to Topeka, a lot less than that from the OK line into Wichita.

If you REALLY don't want to pay the tolls, you can always go straight up I 135 from Wichita to Salina, then hang a right on I 70 and into Topeka. That will add 60 miles to your trip, though. As far as the toll road from OK up towards Wichita, the only way out of that one (reasonably) would be to jump off Interstate and come up old 81 highway. I haven't been on that for 30 years, so I can't tell you what it's condition is.

John Stricker

Originally posted by JazzMan:

The only thing I'm not going to like about going to this event is that it appears there's no easy way to get there from Dallas without significant driving on toll-roads. I hate tollroads. I mean, I would be ok with them if it meant that there were no taxes on gas, but since 1/3 of what I pay for gas is taxes, I want the roads that those taxes built to be free.

JazzMan

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
I guess I HAVE to go to this one, Topeka is only a 40 minute drive away from home for me. Time to clean and paint the Formula....
Count me in!
Sammy Williams
(EDIT) Registered for the event. I have signed up! Hopefully the other Kansas area Fieros can show up!! I'd love to meet you all!!
------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 12-04-2003).]

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2003 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Mapquest says its Total Distance: 1293.02 miles
Total Estimated Time: 19 hours, 56 minutes
from vegas.
It would be a fun trip.

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2003 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Ok so this is going to be my first meet. He11 I didnt even know about this forum or alot about Fieros until I bought my first. Do you have to pay to get in or just to enter a car? My car isnt exactly show worthy yet and I just want to get in look around and watch everything.
-Mike

EDIT: cant spel

[This message has been edited by Silentassassin185 (edited 12-18-2003).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2003 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

Do you have to pay to get in or just to enter a car? My car isnt exactly show worthy yet and I just want to get in look around and watch everything.

There will be a small admission charge at the gate for spectators. The amount is yet to be determined, but should be less than $5 for one day, and less than $10 for all 3 days.

Only 2 weeks before the registration price goes up, and deadline for entries in the vacation condo drawing!!! With only a few entries in that drawing so far, your odds are VERY high! $10 is a small investment for such a great chance at a very nice prize. I don't know why so few people have gotten in on it. Somebody is going to have a real nice vacation for a whole week, for just the cost of a couple of airplane tickets. In fact, I'm taking my wife there just a few weeks after Wheatstock. I sure wish I was eligible for the drawing.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 12-18-2003).]

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2003 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

Jazzman,

On the toll road from Wichita to Topeka, none of YOUR tax money paid for it. It's been paid for from tolls for almost 40 years and was a high speed highway BEFORE I 70 was built.

In fact, back in the 70's when the Feds mandated a 55 mph speed limit on federally subsidized roads or they lost the money to maintain them, the state of KS said OK, on the roads you built, but our roads are going to stay 80 mph (which is what the speed limit was back then). After a short time, the feds came back and said Uh-Uh, it's 55 as well or you still lose the money for the other roads, even though you don't need it for this one.

The tolls aren't outrageous. I think around $5 for the 135 miles from Wichita to Topeka, a lot less than that from the OK line into Wichita.

If you REALLY don't want to pay the tolls, you can always go straight up I 135 from Wichita to Salina, then hang a right on I 70 and into Topeka. That will add 60 miles to your trip, though. As far as the toll road from OK up towards Wichita, the only way out of that one (reasonably) would be to jump off Interstate and come up old 81 highway. I haven't been on that for 30 years, so I can't tell you what it's condition is.

John Stricker

Ok, that price is a lot less than what I expected. The only toll roads around here is the Dallas North Tollway and George Bush Highway, They run around 75c for each 5-8 miles or so. THe Dallas Tollway total length is around 15-18 miles, runs almost $3 to drive that. At that rate the I-35 tollroad would run $30-40 to drive, and that's what I was complaining about.

One question: Do they do the thing with time-stamped toll tickets and issue speeding citations for taking less time than the speed limit allows?

JazzMan

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Will there be mud and live music at the event as there was at Woodstock.

BUMP

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2003 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Jazz,

All you have to worry about with speed is the KS Highway Patrol. Most of the people in the toll booths have all they can handle just counting change. IIRC, the leg from Topeka to KC (which is beyond what you're going on but one I'm on a lot) is about 60 miles and costs something like $1.85.

I haven't been on the one from Wichita to Topeka because I live straight west of Topeka and just take I70 all the way.

Speed limit is 70 on pretty much all 4 or more lane KS roads and you can run 76-77 without anyone looking sideways at you. Up to 80 your're taking a chance on the trooper's mood and over 80 if he sees you, you're busted. Two things you need to watch out for. KS has 0 tolerance for drunk drivers. Last year KS ranked like 2nd to the last or something in DUI related fatalities and the penalties have always been harsh, but enforcement not all that serious. Not so anymore. The other thing is construction zones. You MIGHT get 2-3 mph over the posted limit (usually 60) but no more than that and if you're caught, fines AND court costs are doubled so it's a nasty ticket.

One thing you won't get is hasseled every 10 miles for having an odd or modded vehicle. Most troopers I know (and I know quite a few) and the ones I've chatted with are interested in my specialty cars. I've had them follow me to a quick shop just to ask about the Finale and get more information. (He followed me for about 6 miles on Interstate and another 5 minutes in town, I finally just pulled into the Quick Shop to see what he wanted.)

I usually like to fill up at Casey's General Stores. All you're going to find in KS for the most part is 89 octane, although some BP stations have 91 at a terrible price. Casey's has 89 octane that's 10% ethanol and my engines really like it. My Scout is relatively high compression and will knock when towing, but the ethanol really helps retard that, also keeps water out of your fuel tank.

I'm thinking of putting together a little KS driving hints and tips email to send to the registered, non-KS participants (since all of you are sending your registrations to me anyway ) and sending it out maybe a month before the event. Tips for finding your way around in Topeka, road conditions, speed limits, etc. Is that something worthwhile for you folks or is it TMI??

John Stricker
Treasurer, CFOGi
Kit Car/Re-Body Director

Ok, that price is a lot less than what I expected. The only toll roads around here is the Dallas North Tollway and George Bush Highway, They run around 75c for each 5-8 miles or so. THe Dallas Tollway total length is around 15-18 miles, runs almost $3 to drive that. At that rate the I-35 tollroad would run $30-40 to drive, and that's what I was complaining about.

One question: Do they do the thing with time-stamped toll tickets and issue speeding citations for taking less time than the speed limit allows?

JazzMan

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2003 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I'm in. Do we have us a convoy? 10-4, good buddy.

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-23-2003 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the tips and hints idea is a good one.

Another good idea would be for some sort of ongoing FRS radio channel monitoring so that as people get close someone can talk them in. Most FRS radios will do a couple of miles on flat terrain, and the GMFRS radios will do quite a bit more than that.

All it would take would be to assign a channel and subchannel to that function and just let people know ahead of time what those channels are.

Just an idea...

JazzMan

PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Another good idea would be for some sort of ongoing FRS radio channel monitoring so that as people get close someone can talk them in. All it would take would be to assign a channel and subchannel to that function and just let people know ahead of time what those channels are.

We'll do that!!! Thanks!

------------------

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
WooHoo ... just registered for Wheatstock !!!

things to do :

1. Register at Hotel
2. Complete engine conversion
3. Save my butt off so I can actually go .... LMAO

------------------

www.cfogi.org

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2003 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
If you like, I can add a few items to that "to-do" list for you, just based on what you said you wanted to take care of for the event!!

John Stricker
Treasurer, CFOGi

Originally posted by 2M4 Dale:

WooHoo ... just registered for Wheatstock !!!

things to do :

1. Register at Hotel
2. Complete engine conversion
3. Save my butt off so I can actually go .... LMAO

Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2003 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausDirect Link to This Post
Yup,I'm all signed up for the event and looking for someone to dragrace with.If the club would like I would be willing to give someone a ride doing the 1/4 mile.Maybe have a drawing?Now that would be a RUSH.Someone post when the drags are,car show and other events.It would help us plan our trip.See you all there.Don

------------------
Too Far
60' - 1.568 sec
1/4 mi - 11.647 sec
mph - 114.55

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2003 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Don,

The actual, to the minute times are still in a little bit of flux, but I can give you a pretty good idea.

The facility will open to us at noon on Friday for arrivals. We plan to have the autocross on Friday afternoon/evening and time it to be finished well before dark. The reason I can't tell you exactly WHEN it will begin is that it will depend on the number of cars we have sign up for it, of course. litespeed here on PFF has agreed to head up the autocross part of the performance event with help from other CFOGi members.

Saturday morning the gates will open about 7:30 am. This is a point I'd like to make now, there are going to be people camping at the facility, with their cars. That's fine with HPT and they'll have security there. Not just to keep people out (or in), but in case of things like medical emergencies or family emergencies. When the actual event is happening (activities) they will have more staff on site to help us with what we have going on, that's why there is an actual opening and closing time of the gates. Anyway, Saturday morning, clean up the cars and get ready to show. The judging will start at or a little before noon, again it depends just how many cars we have sign up. So far registrations are coming in at a very decent pace. Boomtastic is again in charge of the drag races just like he was in Michigan and it should be a great show.

Our "banquet" this year is planning to be a lunch. Probably a BBQ style lunch with plenty to eat and drink. The awards ceremony is something that is causing us a timing problem right now, but we'll work it out. It will be on Saturday, though, for those that need to get an early start on the trip back home Sunday. The drags will start with time trials around 3:00-3:30 and the brackets will start about 5:00 or 5:30. This is a little earlier than I'd have liked to start them but the staff at HPT makes a good point on this. What if someone blows up (or two or three) and oils down the track? From their experience, if we/they start racing at like 7:00 or 8:00, and this happens, the cars might be running till 3:00 am. They don't want that and neither do we. There will be some serious 1/4 mile machinery there running. Some of the guys in the other Pontiac clubs run brackets regularly. They won't run against the Fieros (unless the Fieros run brackets) unless you ask to run against one of the other guys and they agree. If you want certain pairings to run your buddy, that's going to be able to be accomodated as well.

Sunday morning is the Road Course event. If you guys want to have one, and it could be even better and faster than Waterford, you need to get to the Wheatstock track events and fill out the form. Go to http://www.cfogi.org/wheatstockracing.htm and let us know you'd like to have the event. Paul Hosler (PFF name R Runner) is heading up the road course event and is going to have a post on it pretty quick, as soon as we get some details ironed out on a web page explaining all that the road course event will entail There will even be an in car video of a couple laps around the track available for you to download (be aware, though, that it's over 40 mb and will take some time since it's not on a streaming server). Paul will fill in all the details on the Road Course event here very shortly, but it will start fairly early Sunday morning and run as long as it takes.

That's a rough schedule. Other events are also planned like a cruise with the other clubs to downtown Topeka, Promotions ahead of time (I've been asked to bring the Finale down to display it with a CFOGi banner at the facility main entrance during the Summernationals!!). HPT is taking this very seriously and is going to help us promote it to get not only Pontiacs involved, but the general public and media as well. Who knows, High Performance Pontiac may even have to have a Fiero in it before we're done with them!

If you have any other questions, shoot. We'll try to answer them as best we can considering it's still in the early planning stages. We have a good handle on what we can and can't do and what we WANT to do, but the details are still in process of working themselves into a nice, neat schedule. It takes time and coordination. I've personally made 3 trips to Topeka now meeting with the people at HPT, the Hotel, local businesses (the Pontiac dealer in town, BTW, is an avid bracket racer.), and working on schedules. Others in CFOGi have also made the trips. I've made more because I'm closest to the facility.

John Stricker
Treasurer, CFOGi

Originally posted by Don Kraus:

Yup,I'm all signed up for the event and looking for someone to dragrace with.If the club would like I would be willing to give someone a ride doing the 1/4 mile.Maybe have a drawing?Now that would be a RUSH.Someone post when the drags are,car show and other events.It would help us plan our trip.See you all there.Don

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2003 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Good summary John! As mentioned I will have some details out in the next 2 or 3 days. I have this week and next week off, so I will be checking PFF regularly to answer questions.

------------------

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2003 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Just sent my $41.00 in!

Folks on the fence are running out of time for the 'cheap' rate.

And count me in for any drving event that will hasten the death of my 2.8!

sprnt96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2003 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sprnt96Send a Private Message to sprnt96Direct Link to This Post
I just registered too..didnt make it to Michigan, been kicking myself ever since so I plan to make this one!
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2003 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
get the "el-Cheapo-Grande" rate!

TTT.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock