Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  VegasFest results, pictures, stories, etc (many pix) (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
VegasFest results, pictures, stories, etc (many pix) by fierobear
Started on: 08-04-2003 12:30 PM
Replies: 100
Last post by: FordsNeverDie on 04-04-2004 07:17 PM
Wheels1

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to say that I won't make it to the 04 show, unless.... OK.. you talked me into it..I'll be there!

Anyway I just got my pics resized & I'm going to post some that I took. We went from vegas to L.A. & sat at the beach in Santa Monica, so in this year alone My fiero has been to the east coast of florida in march, then to the 20th in Michigan, and a short trip to Nebraska (10hr round trip) & Now to the Vegas show!! Plus a short trip to the west coast L.A.
I got the 2nd place in custome at the vegas show. Thanks to everyone that voted for my car.
So many people say "I wouldn't trust my car on the hiway for a hour!"
I'm here to say that I bought my Formula last year with 123K on it. I did nothing to the motor but powder coat some parts on it. Now with 131K I will take it to at least 4 shows (Mybey more) next year...

Sorry for the yapping.. on to the pics...

More to come....

[This message has been edited by Wheels1 (edited 08-22-2003).]

IP: Logged
Wheels1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post

Wheels1

945 posts
Member since May 2002

And my car!!

Wheels1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post

Wheels1

945 posts
Member since May 2002
Now the one I wish I could of won the $$$ for & drove back home....
Gone in 60sec Shellby

Only $250K....

Thanks, Chris.

------------------

88 Formula
WTB White 88 Formula t-tops w/5spd, pw,pl,cc,a/c,tan int.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2003 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Songman - which hotel/motel is the one you have a connection at in Cambria? What kind of room rates do they have?

I'm thinking not only of our drive in the next month or two, but also next year's car show. The current consensus is that we abandon Mt. Shasta for the central coast, so we'd need a location. I'm starting the preliminary work now.

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2003 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Songman - which hotel/motel is the one you have a connection at in Cambria? What kind of room rates do they have?

I'm thinking not only of our drive in the next month or two, but also next year's car show. The current consensus is that we abandon Mt. Shasta for the central coast, so we'd need a location. I'm starting the preliminary work now.

John, it's called the Courtesy Inn Best Western in san Simeon. It is about 5 miles north of Cambria on the 1. Cambria is too crowded and too expensive to do anything in town... Like I said earlier, the cool thing about this place is the parking lot! Lots of room! I'm not sure of the rate they will offer for a group. I normally get $49-59 per night, depending on what is going on in the area. If you have any dates in mind, I can give them a call...

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

John, it's called the Courtesy Inn Best Western in san Simeon. It is about 5 miles north of Cambria on the 1. Cambria is too crowded and too expensive to do anything in town... Like I said earlier, the cool thing about this place is the parking lot! Lots of room! I'm not sure of the rate they will offer for a group. I normally get $49-59 per night, depending on what is going on in the area. If you have any dates in mind, I can give them a call...

That looks good for our trip this fall, but maybe not for the show. You say they have a lot of parking, and that's good, but we'd have to find a place for the awards and maybe a banquet. I liked how things worked last year in Truckee. We were able to do *everything* at the hotel. We'll have to do some looking around.

Another idea I had was to do the show at Pismo beach. I wonder how a car show and beach party would work?

WKDFIRO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post
Cambria, too "marine?"

I went to a wedding there last October. Some friends stayed in San Simeon and had a great time. The town itself is small and cozy. I wouldn't know what its like in summer but at least in October, the weather was great, there were no crowds to speak of and I do beleive there was a hot rod club in town that weekend as well. I could check with my friends to see about the place where they had their reception, it was a very nice little place that could hold an awards ceremony. However, I do agree with John that Truckee was fantastic since it was so centralized. If I have the time I would love to meet up with you guys. It would be just the right excuse to spend some time up there.

One way that we might be able to cut costs is to have the show during a time other than summer. Hotel rates would be lower, crowds would be lighter...Ray Renkin (former Fieros West Pres) always pushed so hard for it and I never beleived it would work out. Then we had a Fall show in Grass Valley and had a pretty good turn out!

Just a thought.....

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
There is a big restaurant right next door to the hotel that has separate rooms that we might be able to use if the decision was made to go to San Simeon. I know they have a big bar there with live entertainment some nights and karaoke other nights.

We may head over that way this weekend since it is the last weekend before school starts. If so, I'll do some scouting.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2003 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Damn. I had a logo in progress for Mt. Shasta. Now I gotta do a new one for San Simeon or whatever.

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Hey anyone know if there are any t-shirts left over form the vegasfest still for sale?

------------------
'84 Fiero Sport Quad 4 coming soon
http://www.lasvegasfieroclub.com/

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2003 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Hey anyone know if there are any t-shirts left over form the vegasfest still for sale?

Yes, we have 4 Large left.

PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2003 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
just pm me with the info where who and how much. my zip is 89101 if you want to figure out shipping, or is $5 enough
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2003 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Big question for everyone...

I have come up with the means, opportunity, and rights to have a car show in the Mid-West next year. However, I know that everyone is planning shows for the west coast, and shows for the east coast, and I don't know exactly when they are, etc.

I know with the short notice for the Vegas show, I didn't have the chance to make it a "spactacular" show, however, I'm trying to get feedback from everyone to see if they would drive as far as the mid-west. With almost a year to plan, and ties still in the mid-west, this can be a hell of a change of a car show from Vegas.

Here's the deal... Would people be interested in driving from the West Coast to say Northern Colorado / Southern Wyoming, and the same for the east coast people!? I heard at Vegas that was the biggest ***** that people had was "too far to drive".

What do you all think!? I don't really want to spend the time in putting this show, with the capabilities of 2,500+ cars, including a bunch of other facilities, and sponsors, if we can't get at least 500 or 600 cars show up.. I have already talked to my uncle at Edelbrock who says they can sponsor and possibly attend, as well as my buddies shop who did all the neon for Fast & The Furious I & II here in the South Bay.

The only problem, is that the registration may be a little higher, say around $50 or $60 or so, but TRUST me, it would be WELL worth it!

I also have some people trying to talk their clubs into attending. This would mean we would have Fiero's, possibly Hondas, and possibly american cars (mustangs / Camaros / Corvette), etc.

The last thing I will say before going into too much detail, is if all goes well, it will end up being a "Battle of Power" show.

I would appreciate all the info that I can get on this, and not just from the people that attended the Vegas show, but anyone reading this that would love to give feedback!

[This message has been edited by FordsNeverDie (edited 08-30-2003).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2003 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

Here's the deal... Would people be interested in driving from the West Coast to say Northern Colorado / Southern Wyoming, and the same for the east coast people!? I heard at Vegas that was the biggest ***** that people had was "too far to drive".

From what I've observed, there aren't usually very many people from the west that drive back for car shows. I don't know how many there were in Missouri last year, but there were only 8 or 9 of us from the west coast at the big Michigan show this summer. I made the drive, because it was going to be a huge show, and the prototypes were there. What will you do to draw people out there?

What do you all think!? I don't really want to spend the time in putting this show, with the capabilities of 2,500+ cars, including a bunch of other facilities, and sponsors, if we can't get at least 500 or 600 cars show up.. I have already talked to my uncle at Edelbrock who says they can sponsor and possibly attend, as well as my buddies shop who did all the neon for Fast & The Furious I & II here in the South Bay.

The only problem, is that the registration may be a little higher, say around $50 or $60 or so, but TRUST me, it would be WELL worth it!

I also have some people trying to talk their clubs into attending. This would mean we would have Fiero's, possibly Hondas, and possibly american cars (mustangs / Camaros / Corvette), etc.

The last thing I will say before going into too much detail, is if all goes well, it will end up being a "Battle of Power" show.

Most Fieros aren't "power" cars. Yeah, 3800s and SBCs are, but not 4 and 6 cylider stock Fieros. That seems like a bunch of strange bedfellows. Now, if it's just a huge, general car show, then yeah, why not?

If you are planning to draw non-Fieros, then 500-600 cars is possible. Not with Fieros only, the 20th couldn't do that with all it promised. Again, what will be the draw to all those people? Or is it just the idea that you'd try to get 500+ to show up, and it would feed on itself?

STUK'N'80s

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2003 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STUK'N'80sSend a Private Message to STUK'N'80sDirect Link to This Post
Charles...Kudos for your enthusiasm in arranging another show for us...this time somewhere in the midwest (and you did a hell of a job helping set-up VEGASFEST along with John S.). However, to be totally honest with you most of us Fiero owners (especially w/ stock or close Fiero's) would only be attracted to make such a trek if it was a bonafide Fiero gathering such as CFOGI's 20th anniversary show with prototypes and at least w/ 200 car's guaranteed to show. Now if you were able to pull off a Fiero's only show with the participation of a lot of sponsors and participants...HELL YA! YOU KNOW I PERSONALLY WOULD SHOW UP!!!

***This view was expressed from the numerous interactions and conversations this Fieros West club president has absorbed throug several years of activity within the Fiero community...do NOT take with a grain of salt***

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2003 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Charles, I don't mean to discourage you, I just normally try to root out all the problems with a plan first. I'm just commenting that the folks here in the west don't seem to like to travel very far for car shows. This is why you don't see any Northwest people at our shows, and why they don't draw many from down here. That's why they made their own show up there.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2003 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
So.....when is the next 2004 Vegasfest show? Yeah, 2003 was a very very good year.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-27-2003).]

88Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2003 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Fiero2M4Click Here to visit 88Fiero2M4's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post
I will be there in 04. I have a friend who lives in Las Vegas and I lived there for 3 months so I know my way around Vegas. Most definatly unless I cant trace down what is wrong with my 88.
I hope to have a 3800SC swap done on it by then though and may have the cash to do so this summer.

------------------
Don Pottorff
Red 88 Fiero 2M4
Silver 86 Fiero 2M4

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2003 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

So.....when is the next 2004 Vegasfest show? Yeah, 2003 was a very very good year.

I don't know, man. We got really lucky with the heat in Vegas. If it was 115 degrees, I don't think anyone would be asking us to do it again.

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2004 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I don't know, man. We got really lucky with the heat in Vegas. If it was 115 degrees, I don't think anyone would be asking us to do it again.

Hey I'm asking again. I don't care about the heat I live here.

------------------
'84 Fiero Sport Quad 4 coming soon
'87 Blue GT
http://www.lasvegasfieroclub.com/

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2004 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
I don't know... I was actually talking with Chris on this about 2 or 3 months ago, about making this car show happen again this year, and see how it turns out with way ahead planning... I know that we had extremely limited planning on the last show, and had a descent turn out... I was wondering if we had say 5 or 6 months time to schedule, how much better of a turn-out we would have...
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock