Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Help! Jordans green Fiero is down! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Help! Jordans green Fiero is down! by Fiero5
Started on: 10-30-2003 04:55 PM
Replies: 163
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 11-11-2003 09:58 AM
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Looks like we need a replacement head for his 4 cyl engine.
Anyone who can help please see this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/017015.html

Thanks

Steve & Jordan

------------------

Now over 480!! pics of our fleet of Pontiac excitement: http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gordo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
What year is his car?

------------------

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Well I'm not sure what they are worth, but I have a spare one sitting on the shelf ............LMK

------------------

30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN:
Well I'm not sure what they are worth, ............

Get down!
My son paid $350 for a reman. duke head about 5 years ago.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

Get down!
My son paid $350 for a reman. duke head about 5 years ago.

I paid about $200 to have a head re-mfg'd back in about '96

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
I'ts an '85 4 banger
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Well I'm not sure what they are worth, but I have a spare one sitting on the shelf ............LMK

Very cool. But could you ease up on the 80k sig, please? That's almost 3 times the recommended file size (30k).

It is a cool sig, though.

Blacksheep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacksheepSend a Private Message to BlacksheepDirect Link to This Post
i have a 4cyl that i am not going to use, the head was off of it sitting in the car, but the yard left the deck lid open over winter so the block and pistions rusted, its completely useless im not sure what condition the head is in, it was in the car out of the weather, but i still think it would need to be redone, so it proberbly wont help, but if there are anyother parts someone needs off of the 4cyl pm me or send me an e-mail dporter@cocc.edu and you can just have them for whatever it would cost to ship them, same goes for that head if someone wants it, but like i said im not sure if its any good anymore or not.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Looks like we need a replacement head for his 4 cyl engine.
Anyone who can help please see this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/017015.html

Thanks

Steve & Jordan

I have a complete 86 with 33K a gm reman been sitting for 3 years ran when pulled 50.00 you load as is!

wildbill86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill86gtSend a Private Message to wildbill86gtDirect Link to This Post
Sounds to me like a good time to think about a engine swap project for you and your son?
ManiMack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManiMackSend a Private Message to ManiMackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wildbill86gt:

Sounds to me like a good time to think about a engine swap project for you and your son?

Ditto, you gotta back up the looks since the car is so extreme! At least get a V6 for it....

PFF
System Bot
wildbill86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill86gtSend a Private Message to wildbill86gtDirect Link to This Post
See my other post. 3800sc on e-bay.
2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2003 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
I have one on ebay right now for $20 !!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2439449853

------------------

www.cfogi.org

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2003 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ManiMack:

Ditto, you gotta back up the looks since the car is so extreme! At least get a V6 for it....

If we have to replace the whole engine than we may go that route and replace it with a better performing engine, but if all it needs right now is a head then that would be the fastest and cheapest route for the time being.
If this fixes the problem, then going thru the whole ordeal of replacing it with a stock V6 doesn't make much since (IMO), plus it won't give us much benefits as this 4 cyl engine performs almost as well (and better than some) stock V6 engines anyway. If I want to get some really impressive looks and performanceto back it up I would rather go with at least a beefed up Quad 4 or even a 3800 SC or a N*.

Steve

86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2003 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
I think Purples sig is fine, if he hosts it leave him be.

------------------

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2003 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2M4 Dale:

I have one on ebay right now for $20 !!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2439449853

Any idea what shipping would roughly be to NH 03781?

Steve

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2003 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
given the tuner car type carisma of the fiero i would go with a beefed up quad 4! Greg Duncan used to ahve one for sale, not sure if he still does. If your interested i might be able to dig up his e-mail. It was race ready with 230 hp and that amazing redline
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2003 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

given the tuner car type carisma of the fiero i would go with a beefed up quad 4! Greg Duncan used to ahve one for sale, not sure if he still does. If your interested i might be able to dig up his e-mail. It was race ready with 230 hp and that amazing redline

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2003 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

this 4 cyl engine performs almost as well (and better than some) stock V6 engines anyway.
Steve

Yeah? Whad'ya do to it?

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2003 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

RWDPLZ

15013 posts
Member since May 2002

I agree

87V6GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87V6GTClick Here to visit 87V6GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87V6GTDirect Link to This Post
Well I took the head off on the green beast and checked out the head real good and found NO cracks enywhere. So I checked all four cylinders walls and NO cracks.So far so good.So I started putting it back together today.Im going to try and flush out all the coolent pipes, to check if there is any blockage. I don't think I'll fine much,but who knows.The inside of the cyliders looked real good,hardly any ridge at the top.I think someone must of worked on this engine at some time before we got it,as the harness under the intake manifold was out of the hold downs.I should have it up and running soon. This post really should be on tec, section.
Russ.K.
PFF
System Bot
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

I have a complete 86 with 33K a gm reman been sitting for 3 years ran when pulled 50.00 you load as is!

Sold!

good luck finding the head you need!

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 11-02-2003).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 FIERO GT:

I think Purples sig is fine, if he hosts it leave him be.

Your obviously not on dialup like some of us HAVE to be. No other options. 10 sigs like that in a thread and dialup people can't open it without waiting 10 minutes.

The sig rules were put there no matter who is hosting it. The size is a consideration for others thing not Cliffs bandwidth.

------------------

White 86 GT 4 Speed Manual - Black 86 GT Auto
The Fiero Shop International - Jade Web Design

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87V6GT:
This post really should be on tec, section.
Russ.K.

Hey Dad, did you happen to read all of what I said at the very top of this post?

I think I actually got better responses here in GFC than in Tech

Steve

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about the bad head. Hope you can find a new one. You avoided a question however. What has been done to this engine to make it out perform alot of the stock V-6 engines. I seen in a thread that you claimed the car could 0-60 in 6 seconds. Please eloborate what has been done to this engine.

Thanks
Lonzo

------------------
Bandwidth Conscious signature---Home Page

Ricers Make Baby Jesus Cry

87V6GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87V6GTClick Here to visit 87V6GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87V6GTDirect Link to This Post
Hay-Hay,Guess what.I got Jordans green beast UP and Running.YaHoo.I feal gooood in the neighborhood.Never did find out what was wrong.I just put it back together,fired her up and away she goes.Running along the temp.never gets 130.Russ.K.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87V6GT:

Hay-Hay,Guess what.I got Jordans green beast UP and Running.YaHoo.I feal gooood in the neighborhood.Never did find out what was wrong.I just put it back together,fired her up and away she goes.Running along the temp.never gets 130.Russ.K.

Did you get to drive this car. Did it feel like it would 0-60 in under 6 seconds. Sorry for being such a dick about this but Fiero5 is still avioding the question. What is done to this car to make it "perform" so well. If it is really as fast as you say I bet alot of 4cyl owners would be more than happy to have you work on their cars. I got one that could use some of this Fairy Dust.

Lonzo

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Did you get to drive this car. Did it feel like it would 0-60 in under 6 seconds. Sorry for being such a dick about this but Fiero5 is still avioding the question. What is done to this car to make it "perform" so well. If it is really as fast as you say I bet alot of 4cyl owners would be more than happy to have you work on their cars. I got one that could use some of this Fairy Dust.

Lonzo

She's a Viper beater.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
I looked I cant find the Viper Killer thread. I will check the trash next. Anyone have it handy.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Well, it doesn't overheat anymore but after running fine for a bit, it then starts to run terrible. It sounds like it is running on 3 cyl. off and on, especially during excelleration. Last night during a test run we went to Autozone to get a new radiator cap. I had a hard time starting it up after we had parked it. Then we went to get some gas, and when I tried to start it up after filling her up I had to floor it just to get it to run though it kepted wanting to stall as it was only running on a couple cyl. First it started firing on like 2 cyl and then after a bit while still keeping the gas pedal almost all the way down the 3rd cyl kicked in and then finally barely on 4 we were able to take off. After a minute or so it decided to run better again on all 4.
I believe it is the wires that connect to the map sensor that sits near the air cleaner as it did this a bit before and after wiggling those it then ran good again.
It had a new map sensor, but my Dad swapped it anyway but with no better results.
He has allready repinned the wires that go into the map sensor, but I still think it's the wires themselves.
If I wiggle the wires enough I can get it to run better, but now it is spuratic on when it will run great or just run OK.
The engine is so powerful though that it still takes off pretty good even though it is not running at 100%.
We pulled out of the gas station with it sputtering between running on 3 and 4 cyl, and we get to a set of lights. Sure enough up pulls an import with his fart can buzzing. He revs up his car and I am thinking, this is just great as the Fiero is still running crappy. The light turns green and we both take off and the Fiero sounds mean as it is running rough. I am not pushing it that hard but I easily beat the silly import to the next set of lights.

As for the 0-60 times, where did I ever say it did it in under 6 seconds? It's fast but it's not that fast LOL
And yes, my Dad thinks the engine was worked on previously, because when he tore it down he could see signs of it having been worked on.

Steve

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Well, it doesn't overheat anymore but after running fine for a bit, it then starts to run terrible. It sounds like it is running on 3 cyl. off and on, especially during excelleration. Last night during a test run we went to Autozone to get a new radiator cap. I had a hard time starting it up after we had parked it. Then we went to get some gas, and when I tried to start it up after filling her up I had to floor it just to get it to run though it kepted wanting to stall as it was only running on a couple cyl. First it started firing on like 2 cyl and then after a bit while still keeping the gas pedal almost all the way down the 3rd cyl kicked in and then finally barely on 4 we were able to take off. After a minute or so it decided to run better again on all 4.
I believe it is the wires that connect to the map sensor that sits near the air cleaner as it did this a bit before and after wiggling those it then ran good again.
It had a new map sensor, but my Dad swapped it anyway but with no better results.
He has allready repinned the wires that go into the map sensor, but I still think it's the wires themselves.
If I wiggle the wires enough I can get it to run better, but now it is spuratic on when it will run great or just run OK.
The engine is so powerful though that it still takes off pretty good even though it is not running at 100%.
We pulled out of the gas station with it sputtering between running on 3 and 4 cyl, and we get to a set of lights. Sure enough up pulls an import with his fart can buzzing. He revs up his car and I am thinking, this is just great as the Fiero is still running crappy. The light turns green and we both take off and the Fiero sounds mean as it is running rough. I am not pushing it that hard but I easily beat the silly import to the next set of lights.

As for the 0-60 times, where did I ever say it did it in under 6 seconds? It's fast but it's not that fast LOL
And yes, my Dad thinks the engine was worked on previously, because when he tore it down he could see signs of it having been worked on.

Steve

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/034579.html

It appears as though you have edited your post, though you can see from Squach's quote that you had originally said it would do this time. You also did not answer the same question asked in this thread either.

Lonzo

PFF
System Bot
Nachtzehrer6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
User Banned

Report this Post11-04-2003 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nachtzehrer6Send a Private Message to Nachtzehrer6Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Nachtzehrer6 (edited 11-07-2003).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Tell ya what we will do just for you ls3mach, let's just say to heck with trying to get a Fiero actually running and let's argue instead over what you think someone said to what was actually said
Their is a big difference between "around" 6 seconds and under 6 seconds

You make it sound like an engine that is not a V6 and can do as well as a V6 is shocking and just can't exist.
Well, I've got old breaking news for you dude, the Fiero V6 is nothing to write home about. Which is probably why so many are dumping it and going to a SC3800, SBC or what have you. And oh my gosh, once in awhile a 4 banger can actually do as well as many V6's? I guess most of you young-uns don't remember all the race cars that ran with 4 bangers.
If you don't think it is at all possible then all I can say is, bring yours to a track and we will race each other and see who's is faster off the line. You certainly may beat the green Fiero, and then again you quite possibly may not

OK then, now lets go back to our regularly scheduled program.
Which is getting Jordans Green beast back up and running properly again

Steve

Devotshka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevotshkaSend a Private Message to DevotshkaDirect Link to This Post

OK then, now lets go back to our regularly scheduled program.
Steve

IBTC

Best of luck finding the problem Steve.

ClearDark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClearDarkSend a Private Message to ClearDarkDirect Link to This Post
This guy is a tool. 0-60 'around' 6 seconds? Yea okay, LOL.

You got a ricer mentality. I guess those badges, stickers, and wing add mad 1337 HP yo, that ride is tite!

Did you know it was posted on www.anti-rice.com where people made fun of it? LOL. God, what a joke.

*On another note, I do hope you get it running again, having a broken car sucks.

Fast&Furious Jordan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast&Furious JordanClick Here to visit Fast&Furious Jordan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fast&Furious JordanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClearDark:

This guy is a tool. 0-60 'around' 6 seconds? Yea okay, LOL.

You got a ricer mentality. I guess those badges, stickers, and wing add mad 1337 HP yo, that ride is tite!

Did you know it was posted on www.anti-rice.com where people made fun of it? LOL. God, what a joke.

*On another note, I do hope you get it running again, having a broken car sucks.

Thanks for caring about my car, I think

Jordan

------------------

Proud Owner Of The Fast & Furious Fiero

L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post11-04-2003 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry but there is no way a 2.5 comes close to the stock V6.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
holy sh!t guys, back off steve, he's owned and worked on more fieros than you can imagine. I'm sure he cant say exactly what the car would run but if he says that its as fast as a v-6 i would believe him. Maybe once its UP AND RUNNING he can get some proof, untill then get off his ankles about it!

Steve as far as the running problems go, i would run a current through the wires for the map sensor and check the current at the other end. My suspicion is that that isnt the problem. I would check everything that is hooked up to the map sensor wires however. Also i would look at the ignition control modual and coil.

good luck!

80's BOY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 340
User Banned

Report this Post11-04-2003 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 80's BOYSend a Private Message to 80's BOYDirect Link to This Post
Great. Now we've got 5 year olds on PFF ??

Wat is this world coming to.

sublime922

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sublime922Send a Private Message to sublime922Direct Link to This Post
does this mean we all have watch what we say and all? lol jk
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock