Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  ~* FLASHY's GT has a face lift!! New paint job. (pics inside) *~ (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
~* FLASHY's GT has a face lift!! New paint job. (pics inside) *~ by FLASHY
Started on: 08-01-2003 03:27 PM
Replies: 87
Last post by: MiZer on 08-07-2003 07:48 PM
FLASHY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
For those who don't know, I was finally able to get my car painted yellow about a month ago. I did the prep myself with help from Voytek (he showed me basically how to do all the prepping and dis-assembling so thanks again Voytek!) and I hired a professional to do the painting. It turned out great in the end and I'm very pleased with the results. If you're part of the Calgary Fiero Owners Group or were at the 20th Ann. Show then you may have seen it already but most haven't so here's some pics for everyone to see. Enjoy!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by FLASHY (edited 08-01-2003).]

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Nice Photo Skills! Those last shots of the finished car look excellent. Looks like it's time for a new signature too.

It was cool to finally meet both you & Voytek at the 20th - both your cars looked awesome!

Here's another pic (courtsey of Boomtastic) from Thursday at Waterford Hills (you both happened to park right behind my Dad's Silver GT).

BTW: I love the painted sunroof, I hadn't noticed that before.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 08-01-2003).]

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Now I want mine Yellow again... I have alway's loved Yellow sport's car's.

SmoothGT!!

------------------
Said Hulki, "You had to look at the Fiero not as
a car, but as a process."

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Smoooooth GT

8823 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Originally posted by FLASHY:

How did you prep the glass for paint?? I really like that!

neyven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neyvenSend a Private Message to neyvenDirect Link to This Post
looks great
a newer nicer twin to mine (except for the sunroof and wing)
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
That is one of the cleanest looking fiero's I've seen. Nice paint job, and way to not get carried away with aftermarket stuff. I love it!
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!!
Nice...no, incredible job!

------------------

For PFF DECALS...click here

85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksDirect Link to This Post
very nice car

------------------
85 se Black 5spd manual trans
***IT'S THE PROJECT***

AIM: INSOMNIA6ZERO
E-Mail: INSOMNIA6ZERO@yahoo.com

PFF
System Bot
2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2003 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely Gorgeous. Dang your making me confused as to what color I want my car man!
First Red...Now yellow just looks sporty as hell!

------------------

My 85 Fiero On CarDomain.Com
Visit New Mexico Fiero's

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
WOW! I love it! Great job.

------------------

yashmack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yashmackClick Here to visit yashmack's HomePageSend a Private Message to yashmackDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea you have for the sunroof. I relly never liked having an actual window there myself but like that I could open and remove it.

What did you do to the glass to paint it? I hope the paint lasts on the glass, it tends to come off easily. any special treatment to it?

Very nice paint job, very nice Fiero

Voytek

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoytekSend a Private Message to VoytekDirect Link to This Post
Wow - it looks Flashy!

I can't take much credit - 95% of it was your work.

MinnGreenGT - that's a nice pic, thanks posting it and it was real' nice to meet you, as well.

------------------

MR. ANONYMOUS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MR. ANONYMOUSSend a Private Message to MR. ANONYMOUSDirect Link to This Post
WOW NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone!

I sanded down the sunroof with 100 sandpaper (by hand with lots of pressure) and then sprayed high-build primer ontop. Then a final light sanding with 400 g. The painter was amazed at how well the primer bonded. He tried scratching it off with his nail but couldn't. I'm hoping it will last.

BTW, the color is 2002 Dodge Viper Race Yellow.

MinnGreenGT: It was nice meeting you too. I've always admired your mods and was excited to finally see it in real life. Hopefully we'll meet again sometime.

Voytek: Hey if you didn't show me how the prep was done it would still be burgundy today. And you did a fair amount of detailed sanding and patching so that's worth more than 5%.

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics! I meant to ask you about the sunroof when I met you, but forgot. Looked really good when I saw it.
What did you end up doing with the Ferrari-style Fiero GT badges? I noticed you had them on your car before it was painted.

------------------

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
Damn it you made me drool all over my keyboard.

------------------

Fiero 20th Anniversary Pictures
My Black 88 GT

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Awe man, I saw it. Had it been burgandy I probably would have recognized it as your car. Hope to run into you at a future show. Great job with the work and doing it right, it definitely shows!

Very Sweet Ride!

------------------

T-T-F-N, Ta Ta For Now!
Tigger's Fiero Page

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Steve ~

Awesome pics! The car was also awesome to see in person!! I know Matt certainly loved the yellow ~ he might paint his formula a similiar color!

I didn't notice the sunroof before either, that is really cool & different.

It was great meeting you & Voytek, and your really nice wives! :-)

Jennifer

PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
damn yellow Fieros look good. You just need some new exhaust tips instead of those single pee shooter tips

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
So if I drive my car to Alberta will Voytek help me too?

Nice choice of color Flashy, I can't imagine the number of heads ya'lls car turned on the round trip out there and back!

hoola47

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoola47Send a Private Message to hoola47Direct Link to This Post
Looks good, congrats on all the hard work.
I personally liked it before, but then again the yellow probably looks great in person.

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
Auto, soon to be 5 spd Getrag from 88 z24, 0-60 low 8's. Best 1/4 = 16.1 at 85mph, mods, wires, CRX intake, and power pulley. Planning Turbo 3800 swap.

Bought for 2500$ Canadian.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
DOH! Just when I sold my yellow car you go and show me yours with a fresh paint job. Looks very good, thought you wanted to go Miata yellow? I like the painted sunroof, I would have done the same thing but my GT didn't have one.

Looking good!

------------------

87GT SOLD! Need a new sig
86SE 5 speed
85GT 4.9 isuzu 5 speed
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/027839.html

Reality

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious now what did you do with the underside of the moonroof? Spray it black or did you come up with something else?

------------------

Get the Wallpapers here!

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Wow, great response! I'm blushing

sqoach: I'm planning on getting new Ferrari-like badges done again just haven't had time yet. Nice meeting you in Pontiac.

Fierochic88: Thanks Jen! Lisa and I both enjoyed meeting you and Matt and liked your car too. Tell Matt he won't regret going yellow if he does it.

GTFiero1: Yeah I know. The exhaust is my next project. Stay tuned

blakeinspace: Yes, Voytek will help you too. Nice meeting you and hopefully we'll see you in this neck of the woods one day. Take care.

crzyone: Yes I was going to go with Mazda Yellow but the price was rediculous so I found that 2002 Viper Yellow was almost identical for way less money. Go figure. Actually, here's a picture my Dad and I took of our cars together. I painted my car shortly after my parents bought the Mazda. You can see how close they are...

Reality: I left the underside alone (just masked it off). Believe it or not, it has a smoked mirror effect now. It's very cool when you look up and see your reflection very clearly. And you can't see any sandpaper marks at all either.

Muddy2

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2003 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Muddy2Click Here to visit Muddy2's HomePageSend a Private Message to Muddy2Direct Link to This Post
Makes me wanna paint my 88 yellow... Simply BEAUTIFUL! No other words to describe it.

------------------
Ray - rturner@fieronews.com
The Ultimate Fiero Site - FieroNews.com - The Wrestling Net

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
I personally liked it before
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I can't get over how good that looks. I have to post again, lol. And I have to ask you if you painted your interior black? Or does it just look dark in that pic?
fiero86_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero86_gtSend a Private Message to fiero86_gtDirect Link to This Post
Yellow Fiero's Rule!
PFF
System Bot
2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2003 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Wholly Ish thats nice!

------------------

My 85 Fiero On CarDomain.Com
Visit New Mexico Fiero's

[This message has been edited by 2Fast_Fiero (edited 08-01-2003).]

fierogt3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3Send a Private Message to fierogt3Direct Link to This Post
HOW ABOUT everyone goes to Norwalk, Ohio next weekend.
Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post
that looks amazing...that is by far my favorite yellow fiero...

looks great

-Phil

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2003 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Flashy that is hot ! I liked the all burgandy in your signature, but the yellow,..well it speaks for itself !

Question though,..the side vents in your signature are pretty nice,..any plans to add those to your car ??

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-02-2003).]

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2003 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Those wheels look great with the car
2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2003 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I have to say, you have some mad photo skillz. This is a kick butt picture!

Who makes the wheels?
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2003 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I was not going to go Yellow anymore, because all new cars this year seem to be yellow, but now seeing your car, I dont think I will be able to pass it up. Between yours and voytek's.. I have you see your guy's cars!!! Do you guys go to the Fiero meetings every second thursday here in Calgary? I have been meaning to go, but I have been SOO busy. I just moved her a month and half ago, and have only actually been in Calgary for about 3 weeks. I have had to go back home for grad, funeral, and other stuff.

I want to get out for the next meeting though, my car is still have sanded, but it should be getting painted in about a month or so. My brother is building a paint bay out in Saskatchewan, so we are going to practice on my car.

Nice job man. I loved your car before... and now.. wow. We have some awesome Fieros here. Fierosound's, Voytek's, your's, and I have seen quite a few others. I hope to be up on that list soon

------------------

87 GT w/T-Tops
If you like what I am contributing, please vote.

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2003 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Flashy...I kinda got bored and I fell in love with your car. Enjoy if you want.

Here is a wall paper I did. Its 400+kb @ 1024x768 so I'll just post the link. http://home.comcast.net/~nmfieros/images/Flashy.jpg

[This message has been edited by 2Fast_Fiero (edited 08-02-2003).]

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2003 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post

2Fast_Fiero

1106 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Not the best of my work on the signature...But yea, I hope you like it!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock