Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  ~* FLASHY's GT has a face lift!! New paint job. (pics inside) *~ (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
~* FLASHY's GT has a face lift!! New paint job. (pics inside) *~ by FLASHY
Started on: 08-01-2003 03:27 PM
Replies: 87
Last post by: MiZer on 08-07-2003 07:48 PM
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2003 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Very nice looking!
Looks like it is a factory paint job.
IP: Logged
FLASHY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2003 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
doublec4: I painted my interior with black vinyl spray paint.

This is with the old steering wheel and floor mats.

My new steering wheel and floor mats (a bit dirty).

Phil86SE: Thanks! I really appreciate that.

exoticse: Hopefully one day I'll get the stage 3 vents but for now it'll stay stock.

2Fast_Fiero: The wheels are 17" Eagle Alloys. And thanks for the new signature (I shrunk it down a bit) and wallpaper! They're awesome!

soup: Thanks! All three of us (Fierosound, Voytek, and myself) are at the Calgary Fiero meetings regularily so you'll see us when you come by. You should try coming to the next one at the Jack Carter dealership. It'll be a slideshow presentation of the 20th Ann. Show in Pontiac, Michigan that we went to.

------------------

KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2003 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
Love the interior. Thinking of copying you and doing it black but I thought about copying off someone on here, can't remember who that made their dash bezel and such out of the diamond plating. It looks really good though. I wouldn't change a thing in the interior. I love a stock interior!

Kruz

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2003 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2Fast_Fiero:

Hey Flashy...I kinda got bored and I fell in love with your car. Enjoy if you want.

Nice photoshop... Sweet car. One question... that is almost exactly what I want to do for side intakes on my 88 notchback on both sides. Anyone actually done that? I want ones that don't come out like just about every aftermarket side scoop I've seen, I want then sunk in so they don't mess with the factory body lines, but accent them.

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2003 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

Nice photoshop... Sweet car. One question... that is almost exactly what I want to do for side intakes on my 88 notchback on both sides. Anyone actually done that? I want ones that don't come out like just about every aftermarket side scoop I've seen, I want then sunk in so they don't mess with the factory body lines, but accent them.

Thanks, Like I said its not the best of my work, I could have done alot better. All I did was enlargen the wheels to look like 18's or 19's. Lowered the car, played around with the background a lil. It took me forever to find the font I liked to display the word FLASHY. I also made it look like it was behind the forum and cut out.

About the Side Vents...All you'll need is an extra pair of Fiero side vents and play around with them, cause thats all I did was double them.

------------------

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2003 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to say I loved it again...
Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2003 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post
Dayum! That looks shweeeeeeeeet! I so gotta invest the money and get my ride painted .....

Aloha
Kim

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-03-2003 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Sucky, they only made those wheels in a maximum of 17"
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
At first I saw the pics of the car in red and thought.. wow thats sharp... even the fierogt emblem looked cool then i saw it in yellow and it looks even better =).
Great eye candy, the fiero gt is well represented by you.

------------------
-Kyle
Email: arte@sek-c.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1984 Notchback(PARTS - WANT SOME?)
1987 Notchback 4cyl.
1992 Corsica 3.1L

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I saw your cars (you and voytek) at the 20th, never talked to you, but saw you guys walking around together. I recognized voytek's car from the thread about the mods he did. I love the bodywork on his car, looks very clean, but I like the color of yours more.

The car looks great, it shows that you spent a lot of time on it. Don't take this as a bad comment, just a suggestion; you may want to consider some new exhaust tips, as the body is so bright and shiny now that your exhaust jumped right out at me. I know how it is, one thing at a time, so I'm guessing you've already got this on your list of things to do.

Bryce
88 GT

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Excellent Steve, I guess there will be a whole mess of yellow cars in Red Deer this fall (we now have 6 here in Edmonton - still only the one original).

Hope you can make it, I would like to see the painted sunroof. BTW, I did get to look at your interior in the spring, nice work - I also sent you a PM about something.

Tim

PFF
System Bot
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:

Don't take this as a bad comment, just a suggestion; you may want to consider some new exhaust tips...

Bryce
88 GT

No worries, I mentioned earlier in the thread that exhaust will be be my next project. Financial barriers. Thanks for the compliment though.

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2003 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001
Thanks Tim! We'll definitely be there at the next Red Deer Run. Can't wait!!

BTW, I sent a PM back. Take care!

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
WOW! I think I have a new favorite Fiero on the forum. I LOVE IT! Thats like exactly what I want my next Fiero to look like. And just so happens that Viper yellow is also m favorite color yellow. Those wheels are also sooooo nice! AWSOME CAR!

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO

'86 2M4-Sold :( ...Looking for V6 Manual

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by furious_fiero:

WOW! I think I have a new favorite Fiero on the forum. I LOVE IT!

That's quite the comment thank you, but I think there are many much nicer fieros out there than mine. I'm flattered none the less.

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001
Here's a couple of fun sunroof shots I found from our 20th Ann trip. That's Voytek's car in the background if anyone hadn't guessed that already.

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any bigger higher quality wallpaper size pics? I would love lots more pics of your car!
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
FYI!! Im gonna Steal your Painted Sunroof Glass Idea!!!! + to ya
KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
sunroof glas idea is pretty cool, but doesnt that kind of take away from it being a "sun" roof??

Kruz

DreXteR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DreXteRClick Here to visit DreXteR's HomePageSend a Private Message to DreXteRDirect Link to This Post
OOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooo

Now I want to paint my car, not that color but a new paint jobs makes a ol' car look spanking new.

Great Job!!! Love that color.

DreX

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
furious_fiero: PM me with your email address and I'll send a few. PIP restricts the sizing so I can't post them here.

KRuzn MAchines: The beauty of it is you still have the option to remove it while having that solid roof look. Also, I don't have A/C so it really helps to keep the car cooler on hot days.

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FLASHY:

KRuzn MAchines: The beauty of it is you still have the option to remove it while having that solid roof look. Also, I don't have A/C so it really helps to keep the car cooler on hot days.

Thanks for the interior pics I was thinking of doing almost the same thing. Also, in the quote above you said you can remove your sunroof. How do completely remove it? I would like to remove mine and try and fix a leak.

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
If you look at the rear hinge/latch of the sunroof, there's two buttons you push. While pressing the two buttons in, you can pull on the latch and release it. Now lift the sunroof up and out of the two slots in the front. If you weren't aware that you can remove the sunroof, then you may not be aware that you can store it under the hood up front. There's rubber pads where you can lay the glass down on, and there should be a wind deflector under the hood that you use to insert into those two slots in the roof.

Hope that makes sense.

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post

furious_fiero: PM me with your email address and I'll send a few. PIP restricts the sizing so I can't post them here.

My PM's dont work. e-mail them to p_confectioner@hotmail.com or furiousfiero@hotmail.com

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO

'86 2M4-Sold :( ...Looking for V6 Manual

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!! Yellow Fieros rock

------------------

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-05-2003 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
When i saw that you had painted your car i kinda cringed cause your ride was so very clean. But after seeing the paint job and the overall quality of your car i love it. excellent job!

Oh and find that ferrari script would ya?

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donk316:

Oh and find that ferrari script would ya?

Yes, I recently found the file but forgot to do anything about it. Oops sorry. PM me your email and I'll send it over....*now where was that file again...Hmmmm*

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001
furious_fiero: I tried both emails and was only able to send two files to the first address. That's the best I can do. I think you have a limit of filesize storage on hotmail and they're maxed out now.
FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

FLASHY

1079 posts
Member since Feb 2001
donk316: email and PM sent.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

If you look at the rear hinge/latch of the sunroof, there's two buttons you push. While pressing the two buttons in, you can pull on the latch and release it. Now lift the sunroof up and out of the two slots in the front. If you weren't aware that you can remove the sunroof, then you may not be aware that you can store it under the hood up front. There's rubber pads where you can lay the glass down on, and there should be a wind deflector under the hood that you use to insert into those two slots in the roof.

Hope that makes sense.

I had absolutely no idea! Thanks for the instructions. Also, did you use the paint to dye the carpet pieces? If so, how is it holding up?

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
The only fabric that I dyed was the doorskin pockets. I used a spray dye designed for that. It's holding out fairly well except for a worn out spot where my knee always rubs against. The "glovebox" pocket on the dash has a black fabric insert I cut out and glued in and the black floor mats are aftermarket. Otherwise, everything else is stock color.

BTW don't you like your Fiero even more now that you know your sunroof is removeable?

[This message has been edited by FLASHY (edited 08-05-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-05-2003 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
Thanks man i got both files. coooool.
ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
I think that is the best yellow I've ever seen on a Fiero. GREAT colour choice there. I'm amazed each time I look at the picture just how well the colour fits your car.

Nice work with the sunroof glass too, I really hope for your sake that it doesn't peel easily.

------------------
Alex

1987 GT 2.8 V6

Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2003 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
ooo the black and silver interior...that is a nice touch....i think i'm gonna steal that

great job dude.

-Coop

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I appreciate it!
furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post

furious_fiero: I tried both emails and was only able to send two files to the first address. That's the best I can do. I think you have a limit of filesize storage on hotmail and they're maxed out now.

Try sending them to my yahoo accounts...
p_confectioner@yahoo.com and furious_fiero@yahoo.com

Sorry for the trouble...looking foward to the pics.

THANKS!!!

[This message has been edited by furious_fiero (edited 08-06-2003).]

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
furious_fiero: OK. I'm still only allowed to send the first batch of images to you for some reason. Maybe I'll try again another day when you have some space free. It could also be because you can only receive so many MB's per day or something.

[This message has been edited by FLASHY (edited 08-06-2003).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

BTW don't you like your Fiero even more now that you know your sunroof is removeable?

[This message has been edited by FLASHY (edited 08-05-2003).]

I will enjoy it more once I get it out of the shop. I had an unfortunate accident in the rain.

Savagery

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SavageryClick Here to visit Savagery's HomePageSend a Private Message to SavageryDirect Link to This Post
IMO, you should use headliner material and apply it to the bottom of the sunroof inside the car... unless you like the smoked out look. I think putting just the material w/ no backing on (provided it's done right) would look really unique from the inside...
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2003 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
BTW, in the picture of all the interior pieces painted, did you paint the pillars holding the rear speakers?... because they're not in the picture, and I see that the trim below the door is left unpainted also.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock