Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Official 2003 Fiero VegasFest Information... (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Official 2003 Fiero VegasFest Information... by FordsNeverDie
Started on: 06-21-2003 11:25 AM
Replies: 118
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 08-04-2003 08:46 PM
STUK'N'80s

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2003 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STUK'N'80sSend a Private Message to STUK'N'80sDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

Hey Tes... The schedule we read the other day while you were here at the BBQ, was great. The only request that Chris and us have is can you move the meeting times up 2 hours!? Meet in Ontario at 6:00-6:30, and Barstow at 8:00-8:30!? Remember those without A/C!

Funny! I was having this same debate with Keith (FieroDoc) and he expressed your same concerns! I think a change in time is warranted....I will spread the word!!

Ontario 6-630AM
Barstow 8-830AM

Same venues as previously stated!!

^^^

IP: Logged
FordsNeverDie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2003 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
That will work out good. Chris was just concerned for the people without A/C. I guess there are some people that have done conversions and nuke the A/C!?!?!?!?!? So who knows.. I have no concerns... 525 miles on a full tank WITH the A/C blowing at about 60 degrees. I wonder if we can make some tubing long enough to reach the fiero's from the truck!

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For registration information, visit http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2003 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Well folks, we are approaching 30. We have 30 registrations, but 2 of them are display only. The registrations are literally from West to East Coast, with the newest registrant being from Detroit Michigan, and Orem Utah.

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For registration information, visit http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2003 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I put out fliers on a table at the 20th, so maybe the person from Michigan got the info from the fliers. I noticed that a lot of them had been taken.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2003 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey fierobear! What are you Northern guys doing to get to Vegas? I hear lots of talk worrying about the heat. Some people are wanting to leave at 1-2am to get to Vegas before the heat of the day...

Why don't you Golden Gate guys leave SF about that time and meet me in Bakersfield at 6am to meet up with the rest of the convoy in Barstow? That way we can all roll into town together... I know it is early for you guys but it is the only way to beat the heat... You do remember me leaving so early to meet you guys for the Jelly Belly Run! haha

After talking to Tess this afternoon, it looks like we are planning a drive out to Hoover Dam on Friday.. leaving the hotel about 7am. Who's up for that?

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-22-2003).]

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2003 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
***************** THE HOTEL IS 100% SOLD OUT**************

Every single room at the imperial palace is sold out for the Friday / Saturday stay over. Not just the FOCOA reserved rooms, but also the WHOLE HOTEL!

Count:

Thursday: 25
Friday: 33
Saturday: 30
Sunday: 12

Thos are the counts from the hotel as to the reserved rooms under the FOCOA deal.

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Hey fierobear! What are you Northern guys doing to get to Vegas? I hear lots of talk worrying about the heat. Some people are wanting to leave at 1-2am to get to Vegas before the heat of the day...

Why don't you Golden Gate guys leave SF about that time and meet me in Bakersfield at 6am to meet up with the rest of the convoy in Barstow? That way we can all roll into town together... I know it is early for you guys but it is the only way to beat the heat... You do remember me leaving so early to meet you guys for the Jelly Belly Run! haha

After talking to Tess this afternoon, it looks like we are planning a drive out to Hoover Dam on Friday.. leaving the hotel about 7am. Who's up for that?

I'm still not back home yet. Tonight, I'm in beautiful, bustling, downtown Ely, Nevada. I Should be home tomorrow night, and I'll put the word out. I don't even know when *I'm* leaving yet. After 12 days on the road, I won't be in a hurry. It's been a long drive.

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackDirect Link to This Post

Heat, what stinking heat?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I'm Back:

Heat, what stinking heat?

I'm not all that worried about it. I drive my car daily in 105+. But some people, especially the engine swappers, are a little worried.

For a little extra protection for those who are worried, look into some of that stuff that is supposed to cool your engine down by up to 20 degrees. It's made especially for tow vehicles and other heavy load applications.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
34 Cars as of this morning, folks!

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Has Chris said how the trophies are coming along?

I ordered the t-shirts almost 2 weeks ago, and the dash plaques on my way back from Michigan.

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Any word on the Northern caravan plans yet, bear?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Any word on the Northern caravan plans yet, bear?

I don't think there will be a caravan. We're coming down at different, odd times. I haven't figured out when I'm leaving, but it's likely it will be sometime Tuesday.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Alright... If you know of anyone who wants to join us early Thursday, please pass it along.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Alright... If you know of anyone who wants to join us early Thursday, please pass it along.

I sent an email to my club members. I listed your email address to respond to, for anyone who wants to join the caravan.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Sent you an e-mail back too...
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
I believe, John, that Chris said he has all of the trophies on their way!

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2003 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I believe, John, that Chris said he has all of the trophies on their way!

I talked to Chris this morning. He said the trophies are being taken care of.

I emailed Anthony Cisneros to see if he can pick up the t-shirts from Garden Grove next Tuesday.

The dash plaques are being made near Reno, and will be shipped to the hotel.

When we all arrive on Thursday, we should have an organizational meeting in the afternoon, before others start arriving. We'll probably meet in someone's room or at one of the bars or restaurants.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I talked to Chris this morning. He said the trophies are being taken care of.

I emailed Anthony Cisneros to see if he can pick up the t-shirts from Garden Grove next Tuesday.

The dash plaques are being made near Reno, and will be shipped to the hotel.

When we all arrive on Thursday, we should have an organizational meeting in the afternoon, before others start arriving. We'll probably meet in someone's room or at one of the bars or restaurants.

If you say so!

------------------

Wheels1

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post
We'er leaving Kansas Tuesday the 29th going down HY56 to Albuqerque NM. Then I40W to Flagstaff & upto the Grand Canyon. Then back on I40 to Kingman to HY93 to Vegas.

My cell is 316-208-8578

LMK if someone wants to met.
Thanks, Chris.

------------------

88 Formula
WTB White 88 Formula t-tops w/5spd, pw,pl,cc,a/c,tan int.

Rie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RieClick Here to visit Rie's HomePageSend a Private Message to RieDirect Link to This Post
Getting excited now! Just a few more days!

------------------

Victorian Valhalla

PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Well folks, I am in the process of making the signs for everyone for their checkin. The signs will basically be printed out with the specs that you gave on your registration forms. If you would like to change or add anything, you have until this evening. Send an email to fieroprereg@yahoo.com if you would like anything changed.

Also to let everyone know, not one person has asked, but just FYI! On the registration forms, the personal information that was asked will *NOT* be printed on the signs with the exception of the city you live in. Anything else, address, phone, email, etc. will only be kept here, so that we can update you folks when we have the next car show, or an upcoming event, etc.

Just thought I would throw that out there before people started asking!

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Charles, let's make some signs for each judging classification, including display only. We can tape the signs to the pillars in the garage, and ask people to park by classification. That way, the cars are sorted when the show starts, and will make the participant judging easier.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2003 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000
If you have any FRS radio, bring them. They were a big help at last year's show, keeping the show workers in touch and helping keep things organized.
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Charles, let's make some signs for each judging classification, including display only. We can tape the signs to the pillars in the garage, and ask people to park by classification. That way, the cars are sorted when the show starts, and will make the participant judging easier.

That is fine, John.. If you could just do me a favor and send me an email to fieroprereg@yahoo.com, and let me know the scheme that you come up with, it would be greatfully appreciated, so I know how to print up these entry forms.

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003
Hey everyone listen.. Just wanted to say upfront that I appreciate all of the support and help from everyone in trying to get this show going together. If the show doesn't turn out like everyone wanted or was hoping for, I won't worry about putting on another one, and I really appologize for letting everyone down. However, if the show does in fact turn out for the best, and everyone has a blast of a time, and we get an acceptable turn-out, please let me be the first to tell everyone that I am happy I could make everyones weekend, by resurecting a once dead show. And without knowing that much about Fiero's, except what I have picked up from Chris West & Chris Sideras (spelling), Tes, Julian, Craig, etc., I am glad that I could assist everyone in having a good time, and just the fact that we could all meet somewhere mutual to have a blast is kewl.

If I did not meet everyones expectations, then I appologize, and I will stop trying to put these shows on.

For those of you that are coming up to the show, if you need help, directions, or just want to get together with us to confirm stuff, you can call me at (310) 619-0025. Otherwise, see ya'll there!

--- Charles!

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2003 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Charles, are you still living down near Long Beach, or do you go down there regularly? I need someone to pick up the t-shirts. They should be ready tomorrow late afternoon, in Garden Grove. Anthony said he'd do it, but if you go down that way and back to West Coast, it would help if you can get them. Let me know if you can, and I'll give you the address and info.
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2003 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Charles, are you still living down near Long Beach, or do you go down there regularly? I need someone to pick up the t-shirts. They should be ready tomorrow late afternoon, in Garden Grove. Anthony said he'd do it, but if you go down that way and back to West Coast, it would help if you can get them. Let me know if you can, and I'll give you the address and info.

I can do that. Depends on what time they close, though! If they close at like 5:00pm or so, then no. If they are open to at least 6:00, then that would be perfect! Just let me know and I'll tell you yes or no!

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2003 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I can do that. Depends on what time they close, though! If they close at like 5:00pm or so, then no. If they are open to at least 6:00, then that would be perfect! Just let me know and I'll tell you yes or no!

I'll find out. Thanks.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
As I posted in the other threads... As of tonight, I am not coming to Vegas... Silly I know, but it is done...

First I was going from Thursday till Sunday, then Tuesday till Sunday... and now not at all...

MY life! AHHHHHH!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Mary and I are leaving for Vegas shortly. We should arrive in Vegas before midnight. We'll be at the Polo Towers tonight and tomorrow night, then we'll move over to the Imperial Palace for Th-Fr-Sa.

If you need to reach me, Tess, Charles and Chris West have my cell phone number. I'll see you guys in Vegas.

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2003 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
OK, we made it. We rolled into Vegas around 11:45pm. I love my GT - she takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Got em!

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003
Just a little FYI on the weather for the weekend... VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Here's the weather, via Weather Channel Website (www.weather.com)...

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...FLOOD WATCHNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LAS VEGAS NV 320 PM PDT WED JUL 30 2003
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LAS VEGAS HAS ISSUED A FLASH FLOOD WATCH EFFECTIVE UNTIL 400 AM PDT (400 AM MST) THURSDAY MORNINGFOR PEOPLE IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES

IN SOUTH CENTRAL NEVADA ESMERALDA... SOUTH CENTRAL NYE AND LINCOLN, IN NORTHWEST ARIZONA MOHAVE, IN SOUTHERN NEVADA CLARK

A VERY MOIST AND UNSTABLE AIR MASS WILL CREATE FAVORABLE CONDITIONS FOR HEAVY RAIN AND POSSIBLE FLASH FLOODING THROUGH TONIGHT AS SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOP OVER NORTHWEST ARIZONA AND THE SOUTHERN THIRD OF NEVADA. RAINFALL AMOUNTS BETWEEN ONE AND TWO INCHES ARE POSSIBLE WITH SOME OF THESE STORMS AS THEY MOVE TO THE WEST OR NORTHWEST. THUNDERSTORMS WILL LIKELY REDEVELOP AND REPEATEDLY DROP HEAVY RAINFALL OVER SOME AREAS... ESPECIALLY ALONG THE WEST OR NORTHWEST SLOPES OF HIGHER TERRAIN. ALSO... A WEATHER DISTURBANCE MOVING UP FROM NORTHWEST MEXICO MAY HELP THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE THROUGH THE NIGHT WITHIN THE WATCH AREA. THIS AREA INCLUDES THE LAS VEGAS VALLEY.

REMEMBER... A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT THERE IS A THREAT OF FLASHFLOODING IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH AREA. THOSE HIKING OR CAMPINGSHOULD AVOID DRY STREAM BEDS AND WASHES AND STAY AWAY FROM NARROWCANYONS WHERE FLOOD WATERS CAN BECOME KILLERS. FLASH FLOODS CAN OCCURMANY MILES FROM THE PARENT THUNDERSTORMS. BE READY TO MOVE TO HIGHERGROUND IF FLOODING IS OBSERVED OR A WARNING IS ISSUED.

BE ESPECIALLY CAUTIOUS AT NIGHT WHEN IT IS HARDER TO RECOGNIZE THE DANGERS OF FLASH FLOODS.

Tonight
Wed Jul 30 Isolated T-Storms 77° 30 %
Thu Jul 31 Isolated T-Storms 97°/74° 30 %
Fri Aug 01 Partly Cloudy 99°/73° 10 %
Sat Aug 02 Isolated T-Storms 100°/73° 30 %
Sun Aug 03 Isolated T-Storms 100°/70° 30 %
Mon Aug 04 Mostly Sunny 102°/72° 0 %

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Yes, there have been thunderstorms and floods here and there. Nothing on the strip. The storms tend to be over the mountains to the west. Still, be VERY careful while travelling, the desert can get nasty.

Just for the record, it's hot here, but quite bearable. Nothing like it could have been, 115-120 degrees. And, the parking garage is noticeably cooler than it is out in the sun.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Well, we got here yesterday (Wednesday) and it has rained a lot! But the rain cooled everything down...

Went by Imperial Palace this afternoon and saw a few folks and their Fieros... Keith Huff's Northstar is BAAADDD!

More later...

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Well everyone.. Thank you for the fun over the weekend! It was a blast being in Las Vegas, while it was flooding!

I met quite a few people that had interesting conversation. I have quite a few pics to post here too. However, for the two people that are wondering about their pics.. Remember, what happend in Vegas, will stay in Vegas. Lets just say that my nephews and Neals sons very VERY happy for the rest of the day!

I will also be posting the final tally up here, so that you can all see how close it was. There was no "landslide" decisions in this show.

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I started a thread with pictures and results:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/032303.html
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2003 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
here are some pics of the first day https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/032175.html

And for all of you that missed it IT WAS SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock