Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Official 2003 Fiero VegasFest Information... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Official 2003 Fiero VegasFest Information... by FordsNeverDie
Started on: 06-21-2003 11:25 AM
Replies: 118
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 08-04-2003 08:46 PM
GoldenGate

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
IP: Logged
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Just got off the phone with the hotel...

Since we are under a block room rate, we can't take advantage of the special. If we want to book outside the block room rate to get the $35 Thursday, the Friday and Saturday would then cost us $99. Guess that extra $15 is not so bad...

I guess places like that get you one way or another, huh!? That's kewl though!

Actually, if someone could check this out, and post the results here, it would be kewl. http://www.imperialpalace.com/specials_92days.htm says that it is $49 weekday and $69 weekend. Can someone check this out!? It's called the "92 Days of Summer" Special! I would do it but it's hectic for me during the day!

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For registration information, visit http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

Originally posted by fierobear:

192. I sent them to the rosters of the Sacramento club, Los Angeles, San Diego and the WestFest list. I didn't send them to my club's members, because our email list is pretty good.

I was out of town from Thursday until last night. My wife said that we haven't gotten any returned yet.

192, huh!? Okay. I know Keith said that he just hasn't sent his back yet, or he may just bring it out with him. Did you include any SASE's for the return!? He said he's too new at the computer to figure it out, so who knows how many people like that we have! I guess we'll just have to go by what we see as the final result at the gate, huh!?

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For registration information, visit http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

I guess places like that get you one way or another, huh!? That's kewl though!

Actually, if someone could check this out, and post the results here, it would be kewl. http://www.imperialpalace.com/specials_92days.htm says that it is $49 weekday and $69 weekend. Can someone check this out!? It's called the "92 Days of Summer" Special! I would do it but it's hectic for me during the day!

Sounds like a good deal. I don't imagine we'll have time to use all those extra goodies while we are there this trip anyway... And I am sure they would charge you to cancel your current reservation and trade to this one... If I hadn't already booked I would look into this one though.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie: http://www.imperialpalace.com/specials_92days.htm[/URL] says that it is $49 weekday and $69 weekend. Can someone check this out!? It's called the "92 Days of Summer" Special! I would do it but it's hectic for me during the day!

Isn't that the rate we are getting, anyway? Remember, the discount rate for our event was set up last November.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
That's the rate we are getting... but we aren't getting all the goodies that go with it.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
We might be able to get some goodies and coupons. I'll work on the hotel sales staff and see what I can get.
GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to check the shows and see who is playing in town that weekend. If there is anyone I know I might be able to get tickets or something. Does anyone here even like country music?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

or something. Does anyone here even like country music?

Not me. If I have any free time, I plan to hit the Crap tables. Anyone here play Craps?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2003 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I do blackjack and Rie does slots...

We both do buffets!

PFF
System Bot
GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2003 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2003 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

I do blackjack and Rie does slots...

We both do buffets!

The woman and I will see your buffet, and raise you desert!

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2003 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003
As of a few minutes ago, the total count is upto 22 registrations, with the latest being a Central / Northern Cali guy, with a 4cyl. Just FYI, there will be a handful of 4cyls there this year. I don't know how many there usually are, but I believe I have gotten either 6 or 8 4-cyl registrations. Lets keep it going!

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2003 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003
woohoo!

------------------

GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2003 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2003 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Dang! This is getting close! I gotta get our house back together after getting new carpet so we can work on our cars!
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2003 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Well everyone, we are upto 23 cars now registered, with the latest being from my old neighboring town of Greeley, Colorado. We have what... about 18 or 19 days left before the show, so do you guys think we will have 30 cars reg'd!? I'm thinking we'll hit 25, and that's about it. Then again, when this started, I said we'd be lucky to have 10.

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2003 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Well everyone, we are upto 23 cars now registered, with the latest being from my old neighboring town of Greeley, Colorado. We have what... about 18 or 19 days left before the show, so do you guys think we will have 30 cars reg'd!? I'm thinking we'll hit 25, and that's about it. Then again, when this started, I said we'd be lucky to have 10.

Preregistration typically runs between 25-33% of the final numbers of cars showed. Most people, at least at the shows here in the West, just show up and register in person. Don't be surprised if we end up with 40-60 cars.

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2003 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
What sort of awards will there be handed out?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2003 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spddy:

We have a list of competition catagories on the web site. The address is at the top of this thread. Chris West is getting the trophies.

PFF
System Bot
GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2003 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spddy:

I know that I had Chris talked into giving custom parts away at the raffle. Cold Air Intake, Mounts, Headers, etc. I don't know if it will still happen. For the past couple weeks, Steve has been welding away on everything, since the orders have been coming in and going out non stop!

Current Count: 24 cars

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I know that I had Chris talked into giving custom parts away at the raffle. Cold Air Intake, Mounts, Headers, etc. I don't know if it will still happen. For the past couple weeks, Steve has been welding away on everything, since the orders have been coming in and going out non stop!

I think he was asking about trophies and car catagories.

How are things going with the trophies? Has Chris said anything?

Current Count: 24 cars

That should mean 50+ cars. At Truckee, we had 15 or 18 prereg, and ended up with 40+ total reg.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
That would be kewl if we could actually get that many responses.

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

That would be kewl if we could actually get that many responses.

You won't get them in advance. 2/3 or more of the people who will show their car will register when they arrive.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2003 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
We are now upto 25 registrations, with the latest being a gentleman from the Nevada area.

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
bump
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
One more reminder about the get-together in Bakersfield this Thursday evening... 6:30pm at the Sonic Drive-In, Stockdale Hwy and Allen Road. If anyone needs registration info, hotel info, or caravan info, I'll have it all available Thursday night. Contact me if you need info or directions to the meet.

The time is drawing near! We'll be in Vegas soon!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I talked to the hotel today, and they've gotten so many new reservations, they had to increase our room block. Things are looking good. Technically, the hotel is sold out for the weekend, but my rep at the hotel said he can get rooms for us under our special block. You can still reserve for the weekend, but please do it ASAP. I can't guarantee you'll get a room if you wait more than another week. Our block closes on the 17th of this month.
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Not bad! And like I said.. I was thinking we'd only have maybe 10 or 15 people, TOPS!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
REMINDER: the hotel is expected to fill up for Friday and Saturday nights. Please make your reservations NOW!

The room block deadline is this coming Thursday, July 17. Our room block and discount rates end, along with the rooms they've put aside. Please make your reservations by the end of day, Thursday.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
As of today, we are upto .....

Online Registrations: 26
Mailed Registrations: 1
Total Registrations: 27

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm.

It's getting close!

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Still at the same count! Come on people.. more registrations! ha ha

Actually, thank you for all the has registered, and said they are coming. We really look forward to turing out a once dead get together.

Also, I think I mentioned this before, but if there are (I know there are) people that have signed up at the hotel, or plan on coming out just to visit the people, if you don't mind, please still fill out a registration form, and just in the comments let us know that you have reserved your room, and/or will be coming out to visit. I have gotten I think 2 or 3 forms filled out like that, and it's kewl to know who is at least planning on just coming to stop by!

------------------

STUK'N'80s

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STUK'N'80sSend a Private Message to STUK'N'80sDirect Link to This Post
For more in-depth info regarding the show everyone should try to make an effort to show up at WCF on Sat. July 19th for the planned PRE-VEGAS MEET! (-:

^^^

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

You'll have to come to Vegas to see this car in person! Trust me... It's BADDDD!

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2003 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by STUK'N'80s:

For more in-depth info regarding the show everyone should try to make an effort to show up at WCF on Sat. July 19th for the planned PRE-VEGAS MEET! (-:

^^^

Hey Tes... The schedule we read the other day while you were here at the BBQ, was great. The only request that Chris and us have is can you move the meeting times up 2 hours!? Meet in Ontario at 6:00-6:30, and Barstow at 8:00-8:30!? Remember those without A/C!

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock