Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero VegasFest information (was the FOCOA National Show) (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero VegasFest information (was the FOCOA National Show) by fierobear
Started on: 06-13-2003 03:33 PM
Replies: 184
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 08-01-2003 06:22 AM
FordsNeverDie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone listen.. Just wanted to say upfront that I appreciate all of the support and help from everyone in trying to get this show going together. If the show doesn't turn out like everyone wanted or was hoping for, I won't worry about putting on another one, and I really appologize for letting everyone down. However, if the show does in fact turn out for the best, and everyone has a blast of a time, and we get an acceptable turn-out, please let me be the first to tell everyone that I am happy I could make everyones weekend, by resurecting a once dead show. And without knowing that much about Fiero's, except what I have picked up from Chris West & Chris Sideras (spelling), Tes, Julian, Craig, etc., I am glad that I could assist everyone in having a good time, and just the fact that we could all meet somewhere mutual to have a blast is kewl.
If I did not meet everyones expectations, then I appologize, and I will stop trying to put these shows on.

For those of you that are coming up to the show, if you need help, directions, or just want to get together with us to confirm stuff, you can call me at (310) 619-0025. Otherwise, see ya'll there!

--- Charles!

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For registration information, visit http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

IP: Logged
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Charles, let's keep things in perspective. If we didn't put together this replacement show, there would be no show at all. Some folks planned a vacation around the FOCOA show, so at the very worst, we're giving them a Fiero show.

It'll be OK. We'll do our best, and I'm sure everyone will have a good time. Let's just concentrate on keeping things organized, fun, and showing the people who show up a good time.

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Besides its Vegas, you can't go wrong......Well it could but that would be a personal issue at that point and nothing to do with the show...heh Or someone might win MEGABUCKS and then they could buy mods for all of us....right? even better yet use the millions to make and sell a new top-of-the-line Fiero..Wouldent that be great.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was going to come to Vegas IN SPITE of it being a FOCOA show. Whether I entered the show of not, I was just going to come and hang out and meet people. I personally like it much better this way. And I know it is going to be fine!
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Free pass at the Imperial Palace "The Auto Collections" just print and bring with. I will try to have some on hand at the show. http://www.imperialpalace.com/auto_collections.htm

------------------
'84 Fiero Sport Quad 4 coming soon

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
The sales department mentioned that they would provide us with free coupons/tickets for the car museum.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
That's cool... Rie also wants to see the show there with the Impersonators. Supposedly one of the best in Vegas! We'll be doing that sometime..
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2003 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
UGH! It's getting close!

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For registration information, visit http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2003 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

UGH! It's getting close!

Chin up, we're going to do just *fine*.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Not for me... As of this evening, we aren't going... See other thread for how the last two days has been for me...

Sorry guys. Hope you have fun... I think I'll miss the cooking out the most!

STUK'N'80s

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for STUK'N'80sSend a Private Message to STUK'N'80sDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Not for me... As of this evening, we aren't going... See other thread for how the last two days has been for me...

WHATTTTT!!! Darn! you are gonna be missed man! What happened?

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2003 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Mary and I are leaving for Vegas shortly. We should arrive in Vegas before midnight. We'll be at the Polo Towers tonight and tomorrow night, then we'll move over to the Imperial Palace for Th-Fr-Sa.

If you need to reach me, Tess, Charles and Chris West have my cell phone number. I'll see you guys in Vegas.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2003 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
OK, we made it. We rolled into Vegas around 11:45pm. I love my GT - she takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2003 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
well the weather here has been cool(104-108), due to the slight rain. (yes it rained in vegas) but it is kinda humid for vegas. So it will be a good time for the show(Not 120 like a couple weeks ago But the shade in the garage will be great. That last heat wave sucked since I still don't hace A/C in the Fiero(either one). Seems to be autozone is out of stock nation wide and checker has to ship it from the east coast via UnPredictable Service (UPS) so that could take weeks. Seems no one in town has a compresor in stock, and I don't want a used one. But anyway THE WEATHER IS GREAT FOR VEGAS SO EVERYONE COME!!!!!!!

------------------

I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2003 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

OK, we made it. We rolled into Vegas around 11:45pm. I love my GT - she takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

You're licking your car?

Wish I was there.....

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

well the weather here has been cool(104-108), due to the slight rain. (yes it rained in vegas) but it is kinda humid for vegas. So it will be a good time for the show(Not 120 like a couple weeks ago But the shade in the garage will be great. That last

one. But anyway THE WEATHER IS GREAT FOR VEGAS SO EVERYONE COME!!!!!!!

I was up in the parking garage today around 3pm, near the hottest part of the day. It's not bad at all. The forcast through Saturday is for the temp to be no higher than 99, which is almost cool for Vegas. No problem!

One reminder - if you are coming to the show (in a Fiero), parking on the 4th floor is reserved for us. You can park there as soon as you arrive. They started blocking off the area today (Wednesday).

We will be putting up signs tomorrow so you can park by car classification. If the signs are on the pillars, pay attention for your classification.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

There's no way that you and the woman can get a ride here to WCF in the morning!? If so, dude, just ride up with us!

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I hope you and Rie can make it, Songman. If not, you'll be missed.
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I was up in the parking garage today around 3pm, near the hottest part of the day. It's not bad at all. The forcast through Saturday is for the temp to be no higher than 99, which is almost cool for Vegas. No problem!

Here's the weather, via Weather Channel Website (www.weather.com)...

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...FLOOD WATCHNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LAS VEGAS NV 320 PM PDT WED JUL 30 2003
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LAS VEGAS HAS ISSUED A FLASH FLOOD WATCH EFFECTIVE UNTIL 400 AM PDT (400 AM MST) THURSDAY MORNINGFOR PEOPLE IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES

IN SOUTH CENTRAL NEVADA ESMERALDA... SOUTH CENTRAL NYE AND LINCOLN, IN NORTHWEST ARIZONA MOHAVE, IN SOUTHERN NEVADA CLARK

A VERY MOIST AND UNSTABLE AIR MASS WILL CREATE FAVORABLE CONDITIONS FOR HEAVY RAIN AND POSSIBLE FLASH FLOODING THROUGH TONIGHT AS SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS DEVELOP OVER NORTHWEST ARIZONA AND THE SOUTHERN THIRD OF NEVADA. RAINFALL AMOUNTS BETWEEN ONE AND TWO INCHES ARE POSSIBLE WITH SOME OF THESE STORMS AS THEY MOVE TO THE WEST OR NORTHWEST. THUNDERSTORMS WILL LIKELY REDEVELOP AND REPEATEDLY DROP HEAVY RAINFALL OVER SOME AREAS... ESPECIALLY ALONG THE WEST OR NORTHWEST SLOPES OF HIGHER TERRAIN. ALSO... A WEATHER DISTURBANCE MOVING UP FROM NORTHWEST MEXICO MAY HELP THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE THROUGH THE NIGHT WITHIN THE WATCH AREA. THIS AREA INCLUDES THE LAS VEGAS VALLEY.

REMEMBER... A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT THERE IS A THREAT OF FLASHFLOODING IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH AREA. THOSE HIKING OR CAMPINGSHOULD AVOID DRY STREAM BEDS AND WASHES AND STAY AWAY FROM NARROWCANYONS WHERE FLOOD WATERS CAN BECOME KILLERS. FLASH FLOODS CAN OCCURMANY MILES FROM THE PARENT THUNDERSTORMS. BE READY TO MOVE TO HIGHERGROUND IF FLOODING IS OBSERVED OR A WARNING IS ISSUED.

BE ESPECIALLY CAUTIOUS AT NIGHT WHEN IT IS HARDER TO RECOGNIZE THE DANGERS OF FLASH FLOODS.

One reminder - if you are coming to the show (in a Fiero), parking on the 4th floor is reserved for us. You can park there as soon as you arrive. They started blocking off the area today (Wednesday).

We will be putting up signs tomorrow so you can park by car classification. If the signs are on the pillars, pay attention for your classification.

So what if you come in a big Ford, with a few Fiero's stacked up in the bed. Does that qualify for me to park on the 4th floor!

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003
Here's more on the weather...

High /
Low (°F) Precip. %

Tonight
Wed Jul 30 Isolated T-Storms 77° 30 %
Thu Jul 31 Isolated T-Storms 97°/74° 30 %
Fri Aug 01 Partly Cloudy 99°/73° 10 %
Sat Aug 02 Isolated T-Storms 100°/73° 30 %
Sun Aug 03 Isolated T-Storms 100°/70° 30 %
Mon Aug 04 Mostly Sunny 102°/72° 0 %

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thank guys... Of course, ya'll have already seen me now so you know I am here! haha

Looks like it is going to be a good one!

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2003 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm leaving early tomorrow (Friday) morning, so I'll roll in sometime that evening.

I wanted to leave today, but sway bar issues kept me at home.

Glad you made it Songman! I tried to meet with you when you lived in Nashville, but we missed each other. It'll be nice to finally meet you in person.

See you guys tomorrow!!

------------------

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
Pics coming soon!!! Film is being developed now(one hour photo 24/7 in Vegas)

------------------

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2003 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

sardonyx247

5032 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay