Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero VegasFest information (was the FOCOA National Show) (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero VegasFest information (was the FOCOA National Show) by fierobear
Started on: 06-13-2003 03:33 PM
Replies: 184
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 08-01-2003 06:22 AM
STUK'N'80s

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2003 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STUK'N'80sSend a Private Message to STUK'N'80sDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Mary and I haven't decided what day we're leaving, but we have our timeshare for the week. We'll probably leave Sunday or Monday.

What day is that Southern California caravan leaving?

Early Early Thursday morn (7/31/03) @ 6AM

IP: Logged
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2003 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Hey, glad you can make it. It will be nice to see you again. Are you bringing the N* convertable?

Any chance you can drag some other Colorado folks with you? Klingon, perhaps?

I'm thinking about just driving the Saturn to the show.......of course I'm taking the convertible!!!

I'll see if anyone else wants to make the trip with me, but I'm going no matter what.

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:
I take it that this is the gentleman that registered this morning from my old neighboring city of Greeley!? If not, then we have someone from Colorado that just reg'd!

That's me! I'm guessing you lived in Ft. Collins? That's the only big city around Greeley (well, maybe Loveland too).

See you guys in Vegas!

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by STUK'N'80s:

Early Early Thursday morn (7/31/03) @ 6AM

Obviously you haven't been to WCF in awhile! 6:00am, and people around here still have about an hour before the alarm clock goes off!

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For registration information, visit http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

Originally posted by mrfiero:

That's me! I'm guessing you lived in Ft. Collins? That's the only big city around Greeley (well, maybe Loveland too).

See you guys in Vegas!

Yeah.. I lived in North Fort Collins, just south of the turn off for 287 to Cheyenne, and then in Loveland near 287 & 34 for a couple 3 years. I actually still hit the Greeley area once every couple months or so. I have a good friend that lives in one of the mobile home parks off 34 & 8th Avenue. So if you ever see a Maroonish color Tahoe with a big bowtie, and a CB Antenna on the top of it, tell Kevin he's back out!

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For registration information, visit http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

Charles, one thing we forgot to do was have a "Display only" catagory. No entry fee, no prizes, but no judging. It's a way to encourage people to have their car on the show field, but they don't have to worry about judging. We should do that.

I will update the website with this tomorrow. I also want to update the website with the information off that fax you sent to me. I just have been massivly burried in poop, and now this week, someone has finally turned on the water hose, and the stink is starting to wear off, so I'll get to it!

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

Originally posted by Songman:

Anyone running CB radios? That always makes road trips more fun...

As soon as I can figure out which one I want to put in the truck, I will have mine going.

I know the Keith's wife mentioned, if I wasn't mistaken, that they have a couple 2-ways as well. I know that I planned on taking the rear of the line, and if no one else has a problem with it, I believe Chris here is going to take the RV, and I may possibly be trailering his Fiero (not confirmed - yet), so he can lead, and I can take the rear. That way, we can do roof counts (literally) to make sure no one has been screwed up somewhere along the lines.

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003
Just want to clarify a few things, if that is okay...

1. We will be meeting at a mutually convenient venue off of the 10EAST FRWY somewhere past El Monte (I will notify all participants as to the exact exit and spot at a later date).

This is kewl.. What about the T/A truck stop there at the 15 & 10 split!? The parking lot is big enough, and we can all get our morning coffee, fill up on gas if need be, etc.!?!?!?

2. Meeting time is scheduled between 6-630AM

Are you talking about meeting out by the 10&15 @ 6am, or around WCF at 6!?

3. We head out of L.A. and meet with other more northerly folks like "Songman" in Barstow approx. 930-10ish ...(Songman will notify me at what off-ramp to exit off of in Barstow to meet with him and his crew).

How about the that has the Jack in the Box, and the Flying Hook gas station -- sorry, Flying J. Been driving too long! Again, the gas there, just like the T/A is usually cheaper for all grades, and again, there's either fast food, of the Flying Hook has a restaurant there, and maybe we can just grab something there!?!?!?!?

4. After a quick snack/breakfast we will all depart from California and attempt to reach vegas and the hotel by 12PM.

I couldn't agree with you, more! How do all those suggestions sound!? I figured those places are spots that everyone either knows, or can find, because T/A's and Flying Hooks have signs like 20 miles before the damn exit, and you can never get lost going to either of those places, but just make sure your break lights work.. I'd hate to see a Macfrero on the way to the truck stop!

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003
Current stats: 24 cars!

------------------

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Do you know if the exit you are talking about is East of where I would be hitting or is it back toward L.A.? Either way, that wsounds like a winner to me. Just want to know for sure where it is.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
I got the info on the Flying J at Barstow. Unfortunately CA doesn't use mile markers on the interstate so you just have to go by exit name. The Flying J is at I-15 & Lenwood Exit. It is to the East of where I get on the 15 so that is better.

They have a Country Market restaurant there as well as a Pepperoni's and a Magic Dragon fast food place.

Regular unleaded gas is $1.69 there and premium is $1.86.

Still haven't heard from any guys up this way joining with me. Hopefully when we meet Thursday night some more people will be going and want to join in.

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I will update the website with this tomorrow. I also want to update the website with the information off that fax you sent to me. I just have been massivly burried in poop, and now this week, someone has finally turned on the water hose, and the stink is starting to wear off, so I'll get to it!

I'll try to send you the text so you don't have to retype it all.

PFF
System Bot
STUK'N'80s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STUK'N'80sSend a Private Message to STUK'N'80sDirect Link to This Post
Charles...the suggestions for meeting spots you have in mind are GREAT!!! therefore if we are going to hook up at the 10&15FWY intersections we can extend the meeting time to 8-830AM so we can hightail out to Barstow and meet at the other spot you and Songman agreed on in Barstow. So Charles, you and Songman give me the exact addresses and locations of both venues so I can solidify this caravan's plans.

Bump it Up!

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Charles...the suggestions for meeting spots you have in mind are GREAT!!! therefore if we are going to hook up at the 10&15FWY intersections we can extend the meeting time to 8-830AM so we can hightail out to Barstow and meet at the other spot you and Songman agreed on in Barstow. So Charles, you and Songman give me the exact addresses and locations of both venues so I can solidify this caravan's plans.

Bump it Up!

The T/A travel center is located:
Ontario East/ Ontario West, California
I-10 & Milliken Avenue

P:909-390-7800
F:909-390-7298

It is literally, at the 10 & 15 split. I believe Milliken Avenue is the first exit east of the interchange, so we would basically get back on the freeway, and the next exit is the 15.

As for the Flying Hook, Songman has already posted the info above. For those of you that have been to Vegas before, the halfway point is Barstow where everyone fills up, which is where the outlet malls are, and that is where the Hook is at!

------------------

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Here is ALL the info for the Flying J at Barstow...

Flying J Location: Barstow
Highway Location: I-15 & Lenwood Exit
Mailing Address: 2611 Fisher Blvd.
TravelPlaza Manager: Amy Zappa
Phone Number: (760) 253-7043
Number of Gas/RV Lanes: 15
ATM?: Yes
Phone Rooms?: Yes

Longitude: -117.1166
Latitude: 34.8687

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Longitude: -117.1166
Latitude: 34.8687

Do you think you could possibly also post the recommended flap angle for landing there, too!?

------------------

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
With a little calculation... haha

But for anyone who has GPS, those numbers will take you right to the place!

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-07-2003).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2003 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Do you think you could possibly also post the recommended flap angle for landing there, too!?

20 degrees flaps
watch those crosswinds
right hand traffic pattern
CTAF 122.7 PCL 5x
FSS 122.1
check density altitude
noise abatement procedure - no touch n gos after 10pm local time

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2003 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Ha ha...

Roger that Tango Whiskey.. Charlie Niner Alpha on one niner zulu, good evening. Please be advised there is now 25 registrations. Repeat.. Twenty Five registrations, QSL!?

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
bump
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
One more reminder about the get-together in Bakersfield this Thursday evening... 6:30pm at the Sonic Drive-In, Stockdale Hwy and Allen Road. If anyone needs registration info, hotel info, or caravan info, I'll have it all available Thursday night. Contact me if you need info or directions to the meet.

The time is drawing near! We'll be in Vegas soon!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2003 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I talked to the hotel today, and they've gotten so many new reservations, they had to increase our room block. Things are looking good. Technically, the hotel is sold out for the weekend, but my rep at the hotel said he can get rooms for us under our special block. You can still reserve for the weekend, but please do it ASAP. I can't guarantee you'll get a room if you wait more than another week. Our block closes on the 17th of this month.
PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmmmmm.

------------------

GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2003 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
REMINDER: the hotel is expected to fill up for Friday and Saturday nights. Please make your reservations NOW!

The room block deadline is this coming Thursday, July 17. Our room block and discount rates end, along with the rooms they've put aside. Please make your reservations by the end of day, Thursday.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
As of today, we are upto .....

Online Registrations: 26
Mailed Registrations: 1
Total Registrations: 27

------------------

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
There may be a chop-topped Northstar fastback with lots of custom vents and stuff... if he gets it put together in time. He came to the Bakersfield gathering the other night with lots of pictures... Very impressive! But he won't know till close till time to come.
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Well, hopefully it gets done in time, because that would be kewl!

------------------

thegreep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thegreepSend a Private Message to thegreepDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to meeting some of the Fieroeers there. Also, the parking garages, as I recall stay about 20 degrees cooler than out in the sun, so look forward to 95 degrees, and bring a cooler with lots of water in it. I however don't trust driving my fiero down in that kind of heat until I do some work on the cooling, so I will probably just bring the GTP.

------------------
The fiero is now shown! Check out some of my rides:
http://shawn.ccicom.com

EVLGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EVLGTSend a Private Message to EVLGTDirect Link to This Post
95 Degrees? You must not hang out in Vegas too much. It was 123 in some spots on Saturday. Hope everyones A/C works.
~Mike
Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulDirect Link to This Post
So that's why Vegas lives at night.....123 Damm, it isn't even that hot in Baghdad!...
Ok, so guys...did this event already happen...?? What's the exact date...?
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Ha ha...

Roger that Tango Whiskey.. Charlie Niner Alpha on one niner zulu, good evening. Please be advised there is now 25 registrations. Repeat.. Twenty Five registrations, QSL!?

Say what? Is it just me, or does that sound like some Foxtrot Uniform gibberish?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2003 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thegreep:

"the parking garages, as I recall stay about 20 degrees cooler than out in the sun, so look forward to 95 degrees, and bring a cooler with lots of water in it. "

Hmmm... 95 degrees in the garage.. plus... about 20 degrees hotter outside.... That's getting up close to that 123 that was predicted... Why would someone argue about that?

We all know it is going to be major HOTTT!!! But it is going to be a great show and a great time anyway!

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Say what? Is it just me, or does that sound like some Foxtrot Uniform gibberish?

Ha ha ha... QSL on that!

Well, again, for anyone that is leaving / meeting anywhere along the WCF caravan, if space is needed to food, water, supplies, etc., the back of my truck is fully available, with *some* space set aside for Fierobear and Keith. Gawd.. You should have thought about space before putting a Northstar in there! ha ha ha. j/k

So anyone that needs anything, just ask.. space, rides, trailered, etc..! ha ha..

------------------

STUK'N'80s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2003 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STUK'N'80sSend a Private Message to STUK'N'80sDirect Link to This Post

Ha ha ha... QSL on that!

Well, again, for anyone that is leaving / meeting anywhere along the WCF caravan, if space is needed to food, water, supplies, etc., the back of my truck is fully available, with *some* space set aside for Fierobear and Keith. Gawd.. You should have thought about space before putting a Northstar in there! ha ha ha. j/k

So anyone that needs anything, just ask.. space, rides, trailered, etc..! ha ha..

Thanks Charles...on behalf of all caravan participants!

^^^

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2003 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Curley yesterday and he will be bringing the chopped top northstarred 20 inch wheeled custom body worked 87 GT to Vegas! He's picking it up from the paint shop on Wednesday and it will finally be completed! This is one bad-ass car! He's already done the registration and everything so there is at least one more to the total! No good pictures of his car yet but here is the sig I made him using Reality's image of the car.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-19-2003).]

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2003 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Charles...on behalf of all caravan participants!

^^^

No big deal man.. Gotta have somehow to take the trophies and stuff!

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2003 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003
Well folks, we are approaching 30. We have 30 registrations, but 2 of them are display only. The registrations are literally from West to East Coast, with the newest registrant being from Detroit Michigan, and Orem Utah.

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2003 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
***************** THE HOTEL IS 100% SOLD OUT**************

Every single room at the imperial palace is sold out for the Friday / Saturday stay over. Not just the FOCOA reserved rooms, but also the WHOLE HOTEL!

Count:

Thursday: 25
Friday: 33
Saturday: 30
Sunday: 12

Thos are the counts from the hotel as to the reserved rooms under the FOCOA deal.

------------------

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Well folks, we are approaching 30. We have 30 registrations, but 2 of them are display only. The registrations are literally from West to East Coast, with the newest registrant being from Detroit Michigan, and Orem Utah.

Make that 32....4 Display only...My wife and I just registered. Mine most likely won't be there as I am starting a quad4 swap. BUT I WILL BE Since we live in vegas we are allready here, just waiting for you all to get here. We have half a dozen or more(Fiero owners/nuts) that live here that will show up too!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock