Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Think this stuff will help me stop?? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Think this stuff will help me stop?? by AkursedX
Started on: 06-06-2003 12:05 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: MOBILE on 06-09-2003 10:22 PM
lowfierogt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2003 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by West Coast Fiero:

Mobile, I personally thank you for contributing to this thread in a positive manor - fearing that this thread would get very ugly, you have added some great insight. I personally would like to meet this Shaun after the way you described him, sounds like we all would have a few things in common. Best of luck with the brake mod, sounds interesting.

lowfierogt - calm down, it's only a forum

I'm really getting sick of people say this and saying that about me. No one has yet from the West Coast area bought my mounts. Lets leave it at that. If sleeper wants to get out money and buy a set of my mounts and find out the truth then do so.. If not keep your comments to yourself!!!!

IP: Logged
86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I missed it but no one has answered my question yet. I have the factory front hub assembly that I machined the rotor off for use with the 11.25 rotors. Can i still use this hub with the 12" or 13" vette rotors? On the back they just bolt up and have the right amount of space not to rub?

Another question, has anyone tried the C5 rotors yet. they dont look like that are as deep.

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 FIERO GT:

Maybe I missed it but no one has answered my question yet. I have the factory front hub assembly that I machined the rotor off for use with the 11.25 rotors. Can i still use this hub with the 12" or 13" vette rotors? On the back they just bolt up and have the right amount of space not to rub?

Another question, has anyone tried the C5 rotors yet. they dont look like that are as deep.

The WCF kit they are talking about is for an 88 only, If you have an 86, it wont work. but there are many other Brake kits for Pre88 cars.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com Support Mental Health, or I'll Kill Ya!!
Yellow Formula Signature

• 88 Yellow FORMULA-undergoing ZZ3 350 with Accel 1000CFM Street Ram TPI and Gen VI DFI=345HP/390TQ
  • chevy S10 Parts Fetcher-getting a new engine to haul my fieros(and others)
  • 87SE V6 auto-L4 to V6 done, Daily Driver
  • My Shower Cam
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 FIERO GT:

Read the earlier posts carefully, I explained that C-4 rotors will work fine on the machined off hub, but you will need the brackets's that Mobile and I are making to get a caliper to work.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Sleeper:

well i can see purplereign(the styled master machanic) and and his follower lowlifefieroGT(the counterfeiter) have came into the mix to bark their opinion on something a fellow ASE mechanic has accomplished just because their feeble minds couldn't think of something so simple quicker. perhaps mr. Soligny will be ordering a WCF 88 c4 upgrade soon for little shawns shop or maybe he already has. if you guys are gonna talk some sh!t, bring it cuz the only thing i've seen come outta your shop is a high hp car anybody can build. lol, little 13-14 year old kids are building 350's with twice the hp as your L67 and they don't even have their license yet. WCF has done:

and countless others. so why you talking some dump and whats the beef?

AkursedX: sorry too do that on your thread but......its cool you like the brakes, i was there watching the rotors get drilled on the C&C machine when they were being made for Azrael. there is a pattern, its kinda like a diagonal wave its just that the drill went around the rotor a couple time so the original pattern gets lost. since the rotors weren't cast with the crossdrills there will be hairline cracks like he said, usually Chris won't do crossdrills unless the customer asks for them for the hairline crack reason. hope you like them though.

Yeh I will bring it, and after i spank your A$$ and that big mouth of yours can eat the sh$t coming out of my tailpipe, If our FEEBLE minds couldnt have thought of something so simple why havent you thought of anything SO SIMPLE ? I havent seen ANYONE put together a 13" brakt kit yet.................where are you now smarta$$.............A high HP car ANYONE can build ? what the hell are you running...........a briggs & straton tricycle ? BRING IT !!!!!!!!!! as far as your accusation with duplicating, this is no machine shop, DUUUHHHHH Tony wanted some improvements on the mount set he had & took them to a MACHINE shop to have it done, NOT HERE!!!!!!!! So stuff you'r COPYING bullsh$t where the sun dont shine. Get your facts before you try to flame someone & make yourself look like an a$$ afterwards..............
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by West Coast Fiero:

Purple Reign, I respect your certification as an ASE certified tech, however I do beleive that Chris West' knowledge does exceed your acumulated experience with brakes and how you perceive brake theory.

Chris West has over 30 years experience teaching working and teaching at UCLA. Some of his degrees include that of Nuclear Medicine, Geology, and most importantly Mechanical Engineering. His efforts were also included with the construction of the Electric Tokamak (ET), which is a low curvature, high aspect ratio machine (A \geq 5), designed to study classical ion confinement with reduced electron thermal losses.

During his tenure at UCLA, Chris happened to be driving by a Pontiac delership in Culver City ( 1986 ) where he would soon purchase the car that we all know today.

It was his skills and experiences that led to the development of the parts that we fabricate today and have been seeling for several years.

In conclusion, presenting themselves right now are 2 ways that your argument can be put to rest:

- You can continue learning braking theory after you closed your books many years ago after receiving your ASE certification.

- OR, You can feel free to drop by the shop and compare braking distances between your stock 88 Fiero and one of our stock 88 Fieros with out C4 kit installed.

Now I do understand that this thread does stand a rather large chance of getting pretty ugly, depending on how you read this. For your knowledge, this post was not written with argumentative undertones, but rather those of a person, namely myself, simply trying to inform another person about Chris West and his fortitude that has greatly added to that of the Fiero Community.

You either need to read my post or your post a little more careful. NEVER did I say anything derrogitory toward the 12" kit. In fact I have only suggested it to all who run an 88 and it is the only true upgrade for them. When did I ever say that stock 88's & one's with 12" rotors woudnt change. I believe it was someone else who said "its all a wash" and I explained & Jazzman how a 12" rotor would signifigantly increase braking performance. I like the kit. I also like the Headers I got from you guys. Just dont try to blow smoke up my a$$ with some Nuclear Medecine, Geology, $ neutron crap to demine the 20+ years I have solely dedicated to the Automotive Industry.

Sleeper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SleeperSend a Private Message to SleeperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Yeh I will bring it, and after i spank your A$$ and that big mouth of yours can eat the sh$t coming out of my tailpipe, If our FEEBLE minds couldnt have thought of something so simple why havent you thought of anything SO SIMPLE ? I havent seen ANYONE put together a 13" brakt kit yet.................where are you now smarta$$.............A high HP car ANYONE can build ? what the hell are you running...........a briggs & straton tricycle ? BRING IT !!!!!!!!!! as far as your accusation with duplicating, this is no machine shop, DUUUHHHHH Tony wanted some improvements on the mount set he had & took them to a MACHINE shop to have it done, NOT HERE!!!!!!!! So stuff you'r COPYING bullsh$t where the sun dont shine. Get your facts before you try to flame someone & make yourself look like an a$$ afterwards..............

Held makes 13" kits for all year fieros and probably Ryane before them. also you just said in the post above "NEVER did I say anything derrogitory toward the 12" kit" look at your 2nd post/2nd line on this thread whats up with that. looks like my briggs & straton tricycle just smoked your shops only car. yes i'm a smart@ss punk kid.

lowfieroGT: just tell your customers not to call or email pics of your mounts to WCF cuz thats what happens and at least one guy has called up and talked to chris saying that the mounts he bought from you are the exact same as the mounts on the WCF homepage. thats why i get pissed at you.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2003 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sleeper:

Held makes 13" kits for all year fieros and probably Ryane before them. also you just said in the post above "NEVER did I say anything derrogitory toward the 12" kit" look at your 2nd post/2nd line on this thread whats up with that. looks like my briggs & straton tricycle just smoked your shops only car. yes i'm a smart@ss punk kid.

lowfieroGT: just tell your customers not to call or email pics of your mounts to WCF cuz thats what happens and at least one guy has called up and talked to chris saying that the mounts he bought from you are the exact same as the mounts on the WCF homepage. thats why i get pissed at you.

Absurd........meaning price...........never have I seen brake upgrades cost so much...........but dont think that I havent seen other cars upgrade kits for for 4 figures .............it's just that Fiero people are cheap.............

what do you mean your tricylce has smoked mine...........mine has'nt even been on the road long enough to race anybody.........you must be thinking of a different car

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 06-08-2003).]

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2003 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post
Pics don't show scale size. Buy one and set them side to side, different welds and different shops made them. PI$$ off. Whats wrong with you??? If you built your own car then maybe you would have something to say. But, you didn't did you!!! You will see my build up done by ME. My car may not be as fast as Shawn's but it will spank your A$$.
My customers call me and e-mail me. If they want to call WCF more power to them. If WCF wants to get a better name for them self and help people then there's nothing wrong with that.
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2003 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Just a friendly bump as I would like to see some pics of the brakes on the car.

They are going to look sweet behind your rims.

Eveyone else can feel free to argue somewhere else. THIS IS ABOUT BRAKES!!!

Makes me motivated to get back to polishing mine!!!

MOBILE

------------------

Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT. Self Installed SC3800/getrag. 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance GOT 19"s??(all the way around)

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2003 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post
Here's to bigger brakes!

.......and less BS.

Shawn, I hope your cars done soon because I want a ride!

------------------
'87GT 5" Drop on 17's, Can you say "Bagged"? -on air- (Custom paint, interior, stereo, exhaust, intake, spoiler)

'95 Eclipse GSX, Black, T-25 Turbo, Autometer Pro gauge, Razo shift knob, Intake, MBC

fieros only

PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2003 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLAMMED87GT:

Here's to bigger brakes!

.......and less BS.

Shawn, I hope your cars done soon because I want a ride!

No problem Gary..............I wouldnt mind checking you'rs out a little further too since it is sort of like my other 87 GT ( except more custom )

Mobile : how bout them brackets ?

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2003 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Fronts are done. I'm on a union break right now and then it's on to the rears. Pics will be posted in the evening...

------------------

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2003 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see the Brake arguement Stopped.

Patiently awaiting pics and Test results.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com Support Mental Health, or I'll Kill Ya!!
Yellow Formula Signature

• 88 Yellow FORMULA-undergoing ZZ3 350 with Accel 1000CFM Street Ram TPI and Gen VI DFI=345HP/390TQ
  • chevy S10 Parts Fetcher-getting a new engine to haul my fieros(and others)
  • 87SE V6 auto-L4 to V6 done, Daily Driver
  • My Shower Cam
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2003 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
edited because my serverly dumb a$$ didn't see the new post that already had pics......

[This message has been edited by MOBILE (edited 06-09-2003).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock