Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Return from Daytona was not a nice one. (long) (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Return from Daytona was not a nice one. (long) by chester
Started on: 03-31-2003 11:28 AM
Replies: 100
Last post by: Boomtastic on 04-10-2003 04:57 PM
Boomtastic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
Na na na na - I know what they're bringing to Kick Hill too.

The real puzzle is now that I don't have a truck or trailer, what am *I* bringing?? LOL

------------------
Boomtastic

IP: Logged
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Hey Rob seeing as though you wont need the pillar caps anymore how about selling em to me! I could use new ones for the turd. Help fund the other projects for you as well. What do you think? I got first dibs!
Rich
Trailer queen. who would have thunk it eh? LOL
BOILERMAKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOILERMAKERSend a Private Message to BOILERMAKERDirect Link to This Post
Thank God you are all right. Sorry about your loss of the car.

WOW, what a story.

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
thanks to 007doug i know what your picking up in PA also

good luck with it, me and MRJ may have some 88 front suspension parts if you need anything. im not sure whats left, but it was all removed from a 88GT with ws6 suspension.

matthew

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elvira:

More damage was done from the rescuers trying to get me out then from the accident. I know they were only doing their jobs and for that I am thankful.
And yes, we are getting a trailer queen!

Well go on tell use what it is

But I can see you now going no don't cut that, or that. Can't you just squeeze me out there.

[This message has been edited by AusFiero (edited 04-02-2003).]

Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

But I can see you now going no don't cut that, or that. Can't you just squeeze me out there.

[This message has been edited by AusFiero (edited 04-02-2003).]

I was trying to get them to just give me a hand over the center console, but they insisted on cutting up the car! When they took the jaws of life on the passenger door, I was telling them to be careful with my car and they told me not to worry about the car. Yeah right! They brought me out under the truck on a backboard. I told them I had seen enough of the underside of that truck to last me a lifetime!

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Well, I can say that it's not something that requires a lot of work. And yes, for long distance hauls she will be trailered. That's all I'm saying till it's safely home.

Rob D.

lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
Really glad to see you guys made out ok. Too bad about the car but i am sure you guys will resurect it even better. Kinda like the 6 million dollar man thinghy.

But i should also thank you. Why you ask? At the car show that i attend in my area the one thing i keep hearing from spectators is that my car is so low that it would pass under a tractor trailer. Thanks for the proof that it won't! I think it was done by a Honda in Fast and the Furious, of course the trailer was raised about two feet.

Also how did the car on the trailer make out?

------------------
Earl Sessions
1985 Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6
Best ET: 12.689 @ 105.91mph

"NO Juice....Just BOOST!"

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Actually if the car was lowered by 2 inches (like The Dirty Rat) we would have cleared the bottom of the tractor trailer. That particular one mind you. Some of them are lower, and if that was the case we wouldn't be having this conversation today.

Fortunatly, there was no car on the trailer yet.

Rob D.

Originally posted by lildevil:

Really glad to see you guys made out ok. Too bad about the car but i am sure you guys will resurect it even better. Kinda like the 6 million dollar man thinghy.

But i should also thank you. Why you ask? At the car show that i attend in my area the one thing i keep hearing from spectators is that my car is so low that it would pass under a tractor trailer. Thanks for the proof that it won't! I think it was done by a Honda in Fast and the Furious, of course the trailer was raised about two feet.

Also how did the car on the trailer make out?

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
Im so glad all four of you made it out alright considering what you have been through. What pleases me most is I will now have a chance to meet you guys at the kick hill farm swap meet. I will count my blessings from day to day.
FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil:

I know, but I'm not telling

I think I know as well, They told me over lunch!
"No you cant make me talk"..............

PFF
System Bot
Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
Glad You Guys Are OK.

Yep Archie I think we have a winner for the Hardluck Story Trophy at Daytona next year.

[This message has been edited by Spyder (edited 04-02-2003).]

Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2003 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post
Thank God you and your wife are ok. That was a scary story... Can't believe you guys went under a trailer, and that the car did not get sucked under the wheels!

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd has performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe 5-spd, hardtop, rackless decklid, 13-in rally steel rims

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2003 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
OMG doen't really describe the scenario... To say Holy Sh** doesn't touch of the tip of the iceberg... From the pics,that was a big mess and everyone can be thankful that the forum didn't lose a few members. It is scary how many SUV's and tractor-trailors you notice when you drive a Fiero. Although they are built like a race car, the Fiero is still a car and it is susceptable to all the damage a wreck can incure. Sorry to hear of your misfortune, and I'm thankful that it was the car that was broken, not the persons in it. A car can be replaced... lives cannot.

hmm- that last line sounds like a public service announcement.

------------------
BlueGT

foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2003 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroDirect Link to This Post
Rob and Renee, Eric and Beth, Thank goodness everyone is Ok. When I started to read this today I also thought that it was just minor stuff. But to have the problems you guys did and come out OK that is a fantastic. I remember someone telling me about another wreck with a Fiero out west somewhere. The girl was caught under a train for a few miles. She also got out with just a few scratches. See you all at Kick Hill

------------------
Mark Hoagland
861/2GT 3.4 5-speed
88GT T-Top yellow
86SE 2M6 auto

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2003 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
Well, I heard from the adjuster yesterday that my truck is a total loss. (No surprise there!) The adjuster wrote *30* pages for the truck alone!! Thankfully I had low miles on the truck so that helped out a lot in the cash value, which came up about $100 short of what I owe. (Yes, I will be chasing the kid's insurance for that.) But the good news of the day was that the adjuster believes the trailer is salvageable! So I am having the trailer looked at, and will probably get it repaired down in CT so that I can pick it up with my new truck ...

Recovery process for MsBeth & I is progressing slowly. She took the impact worse than I did, so she is hobbling around while I'm almost ready to do it again. (Yeah, right!!) Once I can convince her to take another long trip I'll have her in the car and headed to New Hampshire so we can hang out with Elvira & Chester and swap war stories.

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2003 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
holy sh!t ! has anyone seen the fast and furious 2 preview where the mustang tries to go under the big rig and is smashed and thrashed and ran over and left as a little flat object on the road? thats what i expected to see in the picture.
firy little deathtraps huh? id rather be in a firy little deathtrap then anything else now. im glad you guys are all ok. sorry to here about the fiero it was a wonderfull car but it still can be again.
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2003 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTDirect Link to This Post
Probably the worst accident Ive ever seen but had the Best Welcome, Good Wishes to you guys, and thank god to GM for making a car to withstand that type of abuse, could only imagine what would happen to a different car that wouldnt have fit underneath it, Jesus everytime I go buy a Smei on the freeway I think of Fast and The Furious and how those Civics go under then I didnt think my car would FIT thank god you guys are alright

Good Luck
Adam

------------------

-Blown 2.8
-Undergoing engine swap to a new 2.8
-Have the 2.8 Block, have the oil pump, water pump, and all my gaskets
-Needs: Starter, Heads Redone, Ported Manifolds, WCF Intake, ARI Phase 2 Cam, Spintek Muffler, Mr Mikes Seats =)

85SE
From: Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada (yes, the town is named Paradise!)

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2003 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post
Haven't been here much lately, so I only just read this thread...glad to hear you guys are ok.

All my best,
Andrew

------------------

www.andrewsfiero.ca
Proud owner of an 85 coupe with 39k miles

88CoupeV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2003 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88CoupeV6Click Here to visit 88CoupeV6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88CoupeV6Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, you will have to stand up & tell your war stories at the kickhill swap meet.
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2003 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
As promised, here are the pics of my wreck. These are all I have - I couldn't take more because I was not allowed too. (Some crap about the insurance company not allowing me to take them .. not sure.) I got 2 rolled off before being yelled at, and pleaded my case to the lot guard, who let me grab a 3rd pic before all was said and done.

Dakota (Before)

Dakota (After)

------------------
Boomtastic

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page