Started on: 05-31-2002 02:25 PM
Replies: 87
Last post by: godalex on 09-24-2002 11:17 PM
stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post09-21-2002 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I've been staying out of George's recent threads, not because I am/am not interested in his product, but because it is just so damn easy to start him whining like a child. I actually had a good opinion of him at one time, he seemed like a nice enough guy. However, his business practices that I have bore witness to have been shady at best. I'm not at all shocked to see him pull all of his posts and take his ball and go home, even though no-one made a post even slightly derogetory towards him or his product in it. However, I am appalled that he would have the audacity to pen a poison email to Cliff. Talk about biting OFF the hand that feeds you.

George, Cliff provided more free juice then you could ever buy, and you pissed in his face. I call open season.

P.S. That is one Fuggin ugly couch, George.
------------------

My Fiero website-> http://www.dancinghamsters.com/
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, GIVE ME A RATING.
This is embarassing.

[This message has been edited by stimpy (edited 09-21-2002).]

IP: Logged
godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:
The less round a speaker is, the lesser sound quality it produces. 6x9"s can sound pretty good, but a round speaker set-up with the proper frequency set-up will sound much cleaner. 4x10"s were just a bad idea if clarity is the focus. :P (yet they can sound pretty good in the consumer market)

The reason I would go with 5.25" in the dash is because it won't overwhelm the tasteful appearance. A 6.5" or 6x9" wouldn't look right or as good, IMHO. And the 5.25" size is the perfect medium between the 6.5" and 4" speaker options.

A 4" plate w/ tweeter in back, 5.25"s in the front (and optionally on the sides as well), along with a high powered subwoofer is the clean tasteful alternative. ::my vote::

Greg

Don't want to get flamed but (I posted my resume in hope I won't be)... if that were true about non-round speakers being cleaner than oblong, then somebody better tell kicker about their square woofer. And Magnaplaner about ther rectangular 6' tall reference speakers.

A speaker is a piston for pumping air, in theory, shape has little to with distortion.

That said: I like the interior, needs dash speakers because those locations in the Fiero always gave great imaging. 6.5" if they could be fit would be nice, but running 6x9's could save some from the hassel of sub installs. Since you are tooling up, go ahead and make an area large enough to go either way, some can then take the 6x9 route, and some can install components.

Alex
EIA/MECP First Class Installer
IASCA Sound Quality Judge
15 years in the industry

------------------

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Dont forget Xtants new line of octagon speakers
dennis_6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
Stimpy is right as always.
88-DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2002 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88-DOHCSend a Private Message to 88-DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by godalex:
A speaker is a piston for pumping air, in theory, shape has little to with distortion.

While that is techincally true, I would like to make the following comments:

The material the speaker cone is made out of is much more a factor then the actual shape. The shape is there in order to strengthen the speaker cone material so that it minimizes flex thus distorting the reproduced sound. Given the same exact material a perfectly round "cone" is going to be stronger then an oblongated "cone" (4x10, 6x9, etc). Thus it distorts less when driven. This is why you see exotic materials in speakers now-days. They are light, yet far stronger then paper.

Alot of the design for a particular speaker has to do with its desired characteristic. For instance the materials and design of a sub-woofer are far different then those needed for a woofer, midrange, or tweeter. In a sub-woofer even the speaker basket can be a problem, where-as in a mid-range its not even an issue. There is no such thing as an ideal full range speaker.

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2002 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
I love this interrior but with the recent news about the Pyranha... I think we won't have to worry about whether or not George has a shotty buisness sense. This is an awesome interrior, but (and I think most people agree) the Pyranha one is way better. The price I think is going to be less also for the pyranha kit.
AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2002 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by soup:
I love this interrior but with the recent news about the Pyranha... I think we won't have to worry about whether or not George has a shotty buisness sense. This is an awesome interrior, but (and I think most people agree) the Pyranha one is way better. The price I think is going to be less also for the pyranha kit.

WHAT RECENT NEWS??? WHERE???

THREAD???

godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2002 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88-DOHC:
While that is techincally true, I would like to make the following comments:

The material the speaker cone is made out of is much more a factor then the actual shape. The shape is there in order to strengthen the speaker cone material so that it minimizes flex thus distorting the reproduced sound. Given the [b]same exact material a perfectly round "cone" is going to be stronger then an oblongated "cone" (4x10, 6x9, etc). Thus it distorts less when driven. This is why you see exotic materials in speakers now-days. They are light, yet far stronger then paper.

Alot of the design for a particular speaker has to do with its desired characteristic. For instance the materials and design of a sub-woofer are far different then those needed for a woofer, midrange, or tweeter. In a sub-woofer even the speaker basket can be a problem, where-as in a mid-range its not even an issue. There is no such thing as an ideal full range speaker.[/B]

All very true.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock