New Interior by fieroshop
Started on: 05-31-2002 02:25 PM
Replies: 87
Last post by: godalex on 09-24-2002 11:17 PM
TI_3VOM

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TI_3VOMSend a Private Message to TI_3VOMDirect Link to This Post
...that reminds me...what happened to that guy who was looking for a way to replace the stock ac/heater controls with a more modern unit?
IP: Logged
fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
As far as the heater control go I will see what other types can be installed. Maybe the controls from a 300ZX will fit and look better
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroshop:
As far as the heater control go I will see what other types can be installed.
Maybe the controls from a 300ZX will fit and look better

You don't know what will even fit??
What ....Try this.. Try that..???

You have'nt ALREADY done the research to find out what will fit with your new dash??

HHhmmm..

fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
I did not say I didn't know what will fit. I stated I wanted to improve on it nad so that is what I am doing.
Please read what I post and not put words in my mouth.
Thankyou.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
I for one will be getting this dash!!
I absolutly love it, and I think it will look amazeing in a Fiero.

Oh coarse I now have yet another lump of cash to save up

hehehehehe
Randy

Red Frog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2002 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red FrogSend a Private Message to Red FrogDirect Link to This Post
George, the dash looks fantastic. I will drive down to see how it looks in my car. Well, you do need to have it seen...don't you? JK
I am impressed (again) first your rear suspension mod now the interior. BTW Fieros do NOT come in GREEN (ducking into locked RED fiero) Kidding, yours looks fantastic, as well as all the other green fieros, heck with your interior, all our cars could look better.

------------------
(2)86 SE 2M6 / 87 coupe
("Red Frog")= now building it with one of the SE's with the parts from the 88

fierolover87

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolover87Send a Private Message to fierolover87Direct Link to This Post
My goodness! That is so awesome. I guess it's time to start saving. Just try your best to keep it on the market for a long time.(it takes me forever to save up!!)

Mike

afRaceR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for afRaceRSend a Private Message to afRaceRDirect Link to This Post
I really love the door panels and that's probably the best looking replacement dash I have ever seen.
My only suggestion, how about a REAL glove box as an option.
fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
That is one of the reasons I am remaking the mold so as to have a real glove box since there is all that room and a box will fit.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Stage One: $1299.00
Interior Panels
Installation Manual
List of all necessary hardware.

Stage Two: $1799.00
Same as above but with Upholstery patterns. Also all the vents needed to install the interior with. I need to find the cost on these added parts.

The dash looks great- can't wait to see it with some further improvements. My only thought on the original manufacturer's pricing... why wouldn't the Upholstery patterns be included with even the base model? That doesn't seem too logical.

Anyway- keep the updates coming... I may actually consider something like that in the future...

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
Does it come with a new (Behind the seat) panel? I only ask because I just saw that archies does.

If not maybe you could make one with spots for some 12's behind each seat .

Overall I love it.

PFF
System Bot
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
For those that are somewhat interested in the dash, I highly recommend you go "used car hunting" for a 300ZX. Once you sit in one, you'll realize that the dash is completely worth the effort/money. It's really a very beautiful interior, and completely changes the look of the car.

The Ferrari replica is a perfect reason of why the Fiero interior is ghetto...could you imagine a stock interior? It would just ruin the look of the car, while the 300ZX style interior does the body good!

Bryce
88 GT

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Can you fit 5.25" speakers in the dash? I see that they can be installed in the doors, but I would also like to have a set installed in the dash. Can you make speaker holes in the mold to fit?

If so, you have another sale.

Thanks,
Greg

fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
I can do that. I was looking at making those so as to install speakers in the dash.
As to what size I will have to check that out.
Robert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2002 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertClick Here to visit Robert's HomePageSend a Private Message to RobertDirect Link to This Post
Hey George:
Looks good to me. If the workmanship is as good as your hood scoops, it should be a big hit. I’ll keep it in mind for my next kit car.
Robert

------------------

Sold ..... 9/4/2001
Now to build a garage so I can get started on the Countach :-)

Red Frog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red FrogSend a Private Message to Red FrogDirect Link to This Post
Ok, the trip to see the interior in person , OMG I have to have it. George, we have a differance of opinion on who is going to put the first set in their car you...or me. Actually I suppose I will take the second set, and you can help install it, just remember, I want it in tan leather. Honestly, if anyone has doubts, just go see it in person, this interior is the next best thing to discovering this forum.

------------------
(2)86 SE 2M6 / 87 coupe
("Red Frog")= now building it with one of the SE's with the parts from the 88

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

I can do that. I was looking at making those so as to install speakers in the dash.
As to what size I will have to check that out.

I am quite the audiophile, and 5.25" speakers in the far ends of the dash (to increase the sound stage) and 5.25 speakers in the doors would make for an excellent sounding Fiero (with adding the subwoofer of your choice, of course).

Please flush mount 5.25" speaker locations in the mold, and a glovebox. You will have a near immediate purchase from me w/ a custom color scheme.

PLEASE e-mail me at FieroGTguy@aol.com if/when it is available for purchase and I will make contact you for the purchase!

Thanks,
Greg!

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxDirect Link to This Post
Flush mount dash speakers and a glove box would be sweet!
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
For you audio tweeks, remember that the Bose Audio system for the 300ZX was offered with a center channel speaker in the center panel where the radio/vents were. If it was ME designing an interior, I'd raid the Hot Rodding magazines' vendors for AC controls and flip-up panels to conceal everything except the gauges and use wave guide speaker housings molded into the underneath of the dash for the mids and tweeter pods in the corners where they would reflect off the windshield. Wave guides look like the trumpets on PA systems except the speakers are mounted at a 90° angle to tuck underneath the dash.

------------------
John DuRette
85 SE

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2002 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
USFiero... I hadn't thought of incorperating a center channel before- but if you did that (made accomodation for a center speaker), you could correctly install a DTS-level audio system in the car. That would rock!

I'm a home-theater type, so I'm not as well versed in car audio- but wouldn't it be better and you'd have more selection in speakers if you did a set of 6"x9"s in the dash instead of the 5 1/2"?

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2002 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

but wouldn't it be better and you'd have more selection in speakers if you did a set of 6"x9"s in the dash instead of the 5 1/2"?

The less round a speaker is, the lesser sound quality it produces. 6x9"s can sound pretty good, but a round speaker set-up with the proper frequency set-up will sound much cleaner. 4x10"s were just a bad idea if clarity is the focus. :P (yet they can sound pretty good in the consumer market)

The reason I would go with 5.25" in the dash is because it won't overwhelm the tasteful appearance. A 6.5" or 6x9" wouldn't look right or as good, IMHO. And the 5.25" size is the perfect medium between the 6.5" and 4" speaker options.

A 4" plate w/ tweeter in back, 5.25"s in the front (and optionally on the sides as well), along with a high powered subwoofer is the clean tasteful alternative. ::my vote::

Greg

PFF
System Bot
fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2002 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
I am getting so many things about speakers and several people told me the best way is to let you folks do your own cutting and installing the speakers.
I will however make a kick panel so as to install speakers in the door.
Sorry guys but..........
Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2002 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
Thats probably for the best. I would like it left for me to decide how to install the speakers.

Jim

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Just came across this one. Pretty slicvk....
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Must say, that dash is incredible. The dash in the back of my mind somewhere kind of resembles it.. Now for a couple of ideas: I was able to easily modify a 3000GT steering column to bolt into my Fiero. Just need to cut off the tip of a Fiero column, and weld it onto the tip of the 3000GT's, then make some new bolt holes. "Whaalaa", sweet looking column that's not, uh, ROUND. Nice leather wheel too.. Just have to remove the airbag and replace it with a 6" LCD screen.. Uh, I mean..... 2nd, I'm planning on making a new climate control panel, but could use some ideas on shape / size / looks of the buttons. It would be controlled by micro switches (those little tiny push buttons) so just about any design could go in front of it.. Only thing is the slider.. Would have to use a knob for that, or come up with a motorized version... Anyway, could be a plan.. Anybody have any ideas as to what it should look like?

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '87 GT, a work in progress!

JMunilla87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMunilla87GTSend a Private Message to JMunilla87GTDirect Link to This Post
in case you needed another good review. it kick A$$. the cheaper(price) the better though. keep us poor Fiero-folk in mind

------------------

Under Construction

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2002 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
yep, i like this. very nice! i would be interested in doing this to my car.

spyder, are your door panels leather covered? if so, how much did it cost per panel? and did they cover the dash to?

i'm all over this! this is a very nice look!

------------------
hoop
Red
'86 GT
5 speed
Borla Exhaust
Eibach's/Poly/Kyb's

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2002 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

Do you have a webpage? I just skimmed through this thread and didnt notice one, maybe I missed it. LMK
THanks

fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2002 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
My website is http://www.fieroshop.net
The Aura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2002 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaRkLoRD:
as far as the heater/ac controls go.. I want just about ANYTHING other than the stock Fiero ones... they're so... econo-box.

push button system in GT;s and stuff was rated top notch... and they're unique too... all today's car's HVAC controls look the same (3 rotaing dials)

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
Bumpy

Anyone know the status on this dash?

PFF
System Bot
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spyder:
Oh yeah, this is what the outside of my car looks like:

Looks like the real deal! Awesome.

kv

------------------

Spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyderSend a Private Message to SpyderDirect Link to This Post
On speakers and glove box stuff.
You can easily cut holes Anywhere for speakers and add a little bondo for a recessed lip is a synch.
A glove box is just as simple to do.

bHooper: just refound this thread.
I covered my interior in vinyl, mainly because it is a convertible (top has only been up twice)
The cost of door panels and dash to be covered was $600.00 US. (material and labor included)

You can put speakers behind the seats:

scrotum_pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
User Banned

Report this Post09-19-2002 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrotum_patSend a Private Message to scrotum_patDirect Link to This Post
Any updates? I went to your site, and theres no info on the dash, theres a link and small pic, but thats it. i am VERY interested. I just forked over 2 grand to ship my car back home, so im gonna be strapped for money for a while, but once the right hand drive conversion and V8 swap are done ill get the dash. Im looking at 6 months total....Looking, if im cheap enough
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2002 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
First of all, I like the idea of our speaker choice, because I dont want 5 1/4...
They lack too much in the midbass department. I would much rather cut out the highend to the 6x9 and run some tweets, rather than having 5 1/4...

Also, with the heater controls... Make sure that there is something for us without AC please. And personally, the turn dials is fine. I don't care if they are very familiar in cars these days.. as long as I get them.

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Just incase anybody cares......

A 5.25" inch speaker reproduces the midrange frequencies(guitars, vocals) much more accurate than a 6.5" or a 4". An oval speaker has horrible sound quality, but a little better bass response because of the bigger cone. The best set up you can do for sound quality is a subwoofer and a 3 way component setup. (Not a 3 way 6x9). Usually available in a 8",5.25",tweeter or a 6.5",4",tweeter. Just like a really good home system, It uses the largest speaker for midbass, then midrange, then highs.

For those of us that don't want to spend a ton of money, try the 6.5" two way components. This will give you more mid-bass and still good sound quality.
The most important item in a system is having a sub. Most people think of the kid BOOMING down the road. Not true. The spkrs in cars are not meant to play low notes. If you don't have subs and tweeters, your missing HALF the music.

This new interior give you all a chance to really customize your system.

GOOD LUCK,
MOBILE

------------------
Member MN Fieros Forever 1986 GT. Self Installed SC3800/getrag almost everything performance wise is modified/upgraded, inside and out. Over 10 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance P.S. GOT 19"s??(all the way around)

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad this thread was re-brought up.. I enjoyed reading it over again. I love the dash. Any new news on it? I'm still saving.

By the way, 5.25" components (the Infinity Reference 5.25" is a good deal for the money, from www.mmxpress.com ) would probably be the best way to go. Mount the tweeter up on the dash, and the 5.25" in the door. Have a single 10" subwoofer in the center console or two 12s behind the seats and you're good to go.

------------------

Dan Robinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RobinsonSend a Private Message to Dan RobinsonDirect Link to This Post
That is a beautiful interior. I am very interested in it. I was looking at getting Archie's but now I will get whichever one has more stuff included and which one is a plus with the ease of installation.
ivychamp99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ivychamp99Send a Private Message to ivychamp99Direct Link to This Post
i agree with Dan. I really want to redo my cars interior at some point and I figure sooner is better then later. Whoever has the best mixture of value and price gets my business. Anymore info on this interior?
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2002 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
I believe this interior was being made by the same guy that was making the new projecter headlights. And by the sounds of it he is mad at the people on this forum and he wont be posting again.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/021574.html

I believe his web adress is: www.fieroshop.net

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock