Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  GT Clear Taillights Finished!!! (pics) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
GT Clear Taillights Finished!!! (pics) by MinnGreenGT
Started on: 10-22-2001 12:04 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: snafus87 on 12-01-2001 10:28 PM
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2001 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got the flasher unit today and I've finally got a fully functional set of lights. It seems my waiting paid off though, because I spent a lot less. Just a breakdown, for those willing to wait and look around:

$50 - 1156 amber LEDs from jcwhitney.com (including shipping)
34 - 1157 LEDs from Autozone including tax
8 - Acrylic sheet of diffuser from Lowe's including tax
8 - Variable load flasher from Autozone including tax
4 - clear silicone from Lowe's including tax
4 - 194 red (pinkish) bulbs from Walmart including tax

$108 total! It added up fast using the proper colored LED lights. I could have used colored glass bulbs, but they wouldn't be bright enough for me...that would save an easy 70 bucks, and a personal choice. Another alternative to save about 15 bucks is to use red 1156 bulbs for the turn signals, as you can get them from Autozone for 8 bucks a piece (like the 1157). I could have done without the clear silicon, basically any silicon would have worked. Also, I could have left the red inserts in the PONTIAC part and saved 4 bucks there, but I wanted matching appearance. Lastly, the diffuser is large enough to make two sets with, in case you screw up the first try or want to do some experimentation first to learn how the plastic reacts.

Overall, I'm glad I did it, it was worth the time and money. If anybody wants a set of the clear plastic pieces, I have an extra set of taillight shells, so I can make them for ya for a minimal fee plus shipping. The rest of it is easy, just a matter of picking it up from Autozone...Autozone has all the bulbs you need unless you want orange LEDs, then they're just a click away on jcwhitney.com.

Thanks again MinnGreen for "pioneering" this idea. I really wish I could get Aus's set, that would be ideal. After doing it, I think it would look great with his set, well worth the money!

Bryce
88 GT

IP: Logged
snafus87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2001 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snafus87Send a Private Message to snafus87Direct Link to This Post
Minn,

I would appreciate an email containing the "working" pics.

Thanks

snafus87@yahoo.com

------------------
JT Krupa
85 GT
(fastback conversion)
180+ K miles
Lehighton, PA

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)