Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  GT Clear Taillights- Progress Pics (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
GT Clear Taillights- Progress Pics by MinnGreenGT
Started on: 09-05-2001 11:56 AM
Replies: 59
Last post by: Nashco on 10-21-2001 07:01 PM
Fiero_24

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_24Send a Private Message to Fiero_24Direct Link to This Post
Sorry, double post.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/fiero_24
1987 GT

[This message has been edited by Fiero_24 (edited 09-07-2001).]

IP: Logged
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Some of those led's are not DOT approved (don't know why) but sometimes the cops can be picky.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all! I'll have my sample (shown in photo) with at Fierorama... I'm leaving my office right now! so I'll see you there- otherwise I'll catch up to everyone on Monday!

------------------

Medium Metallic Green 87 GT
3.1L High Output
4 Spd OD Tranny
Open (read: Loud) Exhaust
and More!
-Rob Bartlett

Fiero_24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_24Send a Private Message to Fiero_24Direct Link to This Post
I will be doing parking from 9-12 sunday, so make sure you stop over and show them to me.

------------------http://www.geocities.com/fiero_24
1987 GT

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Minn...No prob, its just funny cause' everyone "here" says the samething about the lights not having a finished look, I agree but I had no idea what else to do. I was about to put mine back to stock and then you went and did this. I am going out tomorrow to HomeD or Lowes to get some parts to do what you did. I have been thinking about it all day.

As for the bulbs...I am not sure where to get them. I have seen the ones we need (1157/2157 or something like this) in some car mags..like sport compact car or maybe a lowrider/truckin mag. They had like 12 little LEDs in a tight ring and looked like they would fit right inside the light socket. I remember the price being high like $8-12 each and I was not going to spend $35-50 on bulbs, I may now. Thanks for exploring new ideas. Good luck

Rob

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2001 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
The 1157 replacement??? Got 1 or 2 in the store now. $7.99 Also have 1156. Plus I get a discount off that

------------------

ICQ# 16477998
http://members.home.net/loki-mg

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2001 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Loki... just want to verify that they have the 12 little bulbs on the top, not just one larger bulb. I'll need 4 Amber, 4 Red, 4 Clear, and 4 Green of whatever size the bulbs are behind the "Pontiac" name (I don't think they are the 1157). Can you hook me up?

------------------

Medium Metallic Green 87 GT
3.1L High Output
4 Spd OD Tranny
Open (read: Loud) Exhaust
and More!
-Rob Bartlett

Loki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2001 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Ill do some digging..... Shoot me an e-mail Loki-mg@home.com

------------------

ICQ# 16477998

GarethWright

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2001 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GarethWrightSend a Private Message to GarethWrightDirect Link to This Post
How well will the metal reflectors around the bulbs take a polished shine? That may help with the light diffusion, as well as just looking nice and shiny through the plastic
Looks nice, if I can get some new tail lights from somewhere, I may try this. If I make som, I'd have a pair like that and a pair stock so I can switch em back and forth

[This message has been edited by GarethWright (edited 09-10-2001).]

Loki

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2001 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
MinnGreen........
Checked inot the lights...The ones for the parking/stop lights are 2057 so the LED ones have 10 small leds around 1 big one... Only come in red and amber. I ordered a few red ones Since we cant get amber. Will be in friday. And yes $7.99 plus my discount

------------------

ICQ# 16477998

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2001 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
Nice mod! keep us updated with pictures ;-). I myself did a mod with "darker cutout taillights". Did this by cutting out the clear piece of the outer lens. Now the black grill is the outside of the taillight, looks kind like the testarossa's taillights. Sprayed the colored pieces also with a "blacklight" dark clear paint to finish. Still have to make pictures of the finished ones. Few are here http://members.nbci.com/rick71/fiero.html

Maybe I will do the "clear lights" conversion when it even looks better than the dark conversion... (gimme some more taillights! ;-)

The bulbs behind "pontiac" are the small ones like the lights under your dash. You don't need LEDS there, just exchange the red Plexiglass for a green piece or whatever color you like ;-) As for the sequential turnlights; you can make them yourself. Frans has the schematics on his page http://www.euronet.nl/users/fo_elmo/seqturnfb.htm

I have them and they look quite sophisticated when in use, I always use my turnlights nowadays ;-)

------------------
-The Beauty & The Beast-
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT &
1977 Dodge W200

PFF
System Bot
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2001 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendDirect Link to This Post
Hey Minn,

This may be a silly question, but will a hair dryer give out enough heat to make the defuser material plyable enough to bend? (Doesnt matter if it will take 10-15 minutes for me). Thanks.

gangrenefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2001 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gangrenefieroClick Here to visit gangrenefiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to gangrenefieroDirect Link to This Post
Yeah your tail lights are looking pretty good. But i did it about a year ago, last christmas to be exact, except i didnt like the white look, it was too weird, i was expecting more clear, so i used red tail light tape and very carefully taped the inside of the clear lens. Pics of this are on my web page at www.geocities.com/uforiagman/green.html if someone knows how to do it, the best way would be to make them like those euro clears the ricers have. maybe even use some that are for a supra or something and total change it. i dont know im not really happy about these anymore. it was just supposed to be a prototype but i never did anything after that. Just like my side scoops. I made those and sent the patent in but i havent done anything with in and now ausfiero has that stage two thing thats better but close so mines obsolete. Sorry if i sound nasty, i have had tons of exams. GO CLEMSON

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2001 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
GodSend... not sure if the hair dryer will work or not. I'm thinking about setting the piece in the oven for a minute or so (watch it VERY closely) to see if it becomes evenly plyable. So I could just set it on a Mold and press it into shape. This is just an idea, so be careful heating it up!

Gangrene... checked out our site. Not really a fan of the Red Tape, but it's certainly different. -have you researched for any sprays that might work?

The lens I'm using is a product designed to project light- and my brother (R&D designer for Winona Lighting) is backing me on this concept- that's kinda rare.

BTW: I like the green you have on your car... it's cool to see others with green, espcially since virtually none are the same. "It ain't easy being green" -Kermit T. Frog

To all others checking up, I've got a partial set of bulbs coming from Loki, and another set (both left & rigt) of taillights from Ferrari_momo, so I should soon be able to have a finished set (counting on this season yet!) I'll keep you posted!

------------------

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2001 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Green has a unique property. All shades and values match. It has to do with the eye being accustomed to variations in foliage we see everyday.
Coy
gangrenefiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2001 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gangrenefieroClick Here to visit gangrenefiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to gangrenefieroDirect Link to This Post
OH yeah i forgot to mention how i made my lenses bend. My dad has one of those jet engine heaters, you know the kerosene ones that blow extremely hot. I was using that because it was about 5 degrees in the garage and the heat gun was taking for ever. So that worked very well except you had to be careful cuz i actually melted one lense and had to make another. But when i was kid, a friend of mine had one of those electric radiator heaters. and we would put pencils on it for a few minuts and it would actually make the pencil bendable. it was those rubber pencils that suck for pencil fighting . Anyway the point is something like that might work if you dont have a jet engine heater in your garage. Yeah and about that tape, like i said it was a prototype thing and i wasnt even sure it was going to work. I wanted to try and find a sheet of red plastic, like what the tabs in notebook dividers are made of. i would like to find some still because that stuff can be useful for many other things. But something like that or maybe even making the lenses out of red lexan would be the way to go but you guys will figure something out.

------------------

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2001 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Kermit t. Frog since the 't' stands for 'the'. Sorry, but I just had to let you know. Kermit was one of my childhood heros (up until a few years ago anyway ).
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2001 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
We love Kermit, My wife and I that is. We even bought the 30th annivesary talking kermit that sings carribian amphibian
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2001 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Any update? Pics would be SUH WEET I'm fiddling around with photoshop seeing how I want to do my car, and I'd love a pic of the lights in the car...it'd make this easier I hope you have some pics soon..hehe..they should look good!

Bryce
88 GT

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2001 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
You get those bulbs yet? The suspense is killing me! Pure agony! lol...I'm sure you'll post pics as soon as you get them, just thought I'd express interest again

Bryce
88 GT

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock