Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Here's a GT for those that like "colors" (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Here's a GT for those that like "colors" by Oreif
Started on: 05-09-2001 12:22 AM
Replies: 43
Last post by: SloPonti on 05-11-2001 12:43 AM
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post05-09-2001 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Perfect example of a "grits boy" car. Yee-haw!

------------------
Loud Pipes Save Lives!

MikeSchaefer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeSchaeferSend a Private Message to MikeSchaeferDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how we don't catch light of Fieros like that before they go on sale. Hey Oreif, you should bring your car to the El Paso, IL show in August, I would love to see it.
Later,
Mike
MikeSchaefer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeSchaeferSend a Private Message to MikeSchaeferDirect Link to This Post

MikeSchaefer

521 posts
Member since Mar 2000
I wonder how we don't catch light of Fieros like that before they go on sale. Hey Oreif, you should bring your car to the El Paso, IL show in August, I would love to see it.
Later,
Mike
sjp777

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjp777Click Here to visit sjp777's HomePageSend a Private Message to sjp777Direct Link to This Post
Oh lord what a waste of a T-Top car

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/fiero88gt1/

Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe that car wasn't crushed already. I saw it driving around in Miami two years ago, and I about puked. I think I even posted something about it on the forum when I got back because I was so freaked out. I even thought to myself at the time, "What a sick S.O.B".
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MikeSchaefer:
Later,
Mike

Mike,
I am bringing it to the show this year.
Are you going to the Village Pontiac Show in June? I'll be there too.

FieroTig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTigClick Here to visit FieroTig's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroTigDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjp777:
Oh lord what a waste of a T-Top car

i agree completely.. that was a wasste. by the way i'm new to the forum and just checking people out sjp777 your car rocks. just had to say that.

------------------

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post
Hey FieroTig, welcome! Have you posted any pics of your car here yet? By the looks of your signature you have a pretty stylin' fiero. I'd like to see some images of it if you don't mind.

FLASHY

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
exact same thoughts 777. Im looking for a good cheap V6 automatic, the Ttops would be great, and the interior is all trash like outside. figure its been run the pizz out of it.
bHooper

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
i'm shocked that that car isn't from my Neck of the Redwoods!

Stimpy... i got the tar, do you have the feathers?!

------------------
hoop
Red '86 GT
KYB's, Eibach's
and spellcheck crash's windows
Poly Bushings
Accel Coil

PFF
System Bot
Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
Hehe... That's pretty funny but cool! Don't think I would do that to my Fiero, maybe on a Monte Carlo. Hey, there's a GEO Storm buzzing around my town that's painted in Gordon's colors just like this one but not as nice.

Bet the guy is selling this one to paint another with Gordon's new flamed paint scheme!

Hmmm... maybe I should turn my Fiero into a Tony Stewart Home Depot Fiero... hehe

[This message has been edited by Tigger (edited 05-09-2001).]

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
Dat guy should have had a court order placed on him to not be allowed near paint as obviously dat boy was sniffin it....deeeeepppplly!

Painting is one thing...but bad inside and outside graffitti? Egahd The boy outta be pommeled to death with a wet carp!

------------------

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 142
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
Looks like he rear ended a dupont paint truck, with his windows and teetops open.

"Ya shooda seenit pa, there were paint flying everwitchway!"

BTW $1300 with no reserve for an 87 GT with 105k miles sounds too good to be true?!

it is! the VIN number posted is invalid.

WampusCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WampusCatSend a Private Message to WampusCatDirect Link to This Post
That Chevy bowtie emblem on the nose looks great on a Pontiac! Where do I get one?
firstfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
oh man....I think I'm going to be sick!! what a waste!

------------------
Hey Mr. Ricer come over here and tell me how your stickers make you faster.....

fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
The person who did this must be found and punished.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Well, I kinda like it.
Three reasons why:
(1) It certainly doesn't look like anyone elses Fiero.

(2) It's the first true race car paint scheme I have seen, and looks like a good job on it too!

(3) It's a Fiero, so it can't be all bad.

I have seen others color their Fiero interior different colors. Except for the bowtie on the hood, though that is probably what that car is in real life, I think it is awesome! I am not a Jeff Gordon fan (I think his was 24 Dupont, now Pepsi?). If I had the cash, I would seriously consider buying it. You can't tell me that thing doesn't turn some heads going down the street or gather a huge crowd at a show? And that is part of the fun of having a fun car like a Fiero to drive.

The owner is probably a fan of Jeff Gordon, and took that to a level to make his/her Fiero unique from everyone else. Can't flame them for that. We can agree not everyone would want to do that to a Fiero, but it is certainly different and unique.

Just my 2 cents anyway

Steve

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
I have another reason to add:
(4) It's a T-Top to boot! Can you say bonus?

Granted I wouldn't do that to a rare T-Top Fiero either, as a solid roof or sunroof one would have made more sense. Probably that was what they had at the time when they decided to do this. Doesn't really matter now, it's done and it looks pretty cool I think.

Steve

Predator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PredatorClick Here to visit Predator's HomePageSend a Private Message to PredatorDirect Link to This Post
It looks like somebody had some leftover paint, and needed to paint their car.

------------------

JSocha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JSochaSend a Private Message to JSochaDirect Link to This Post
You know your bored when...

I could see this vehicle being a show and perhaps a street stopper only if it had a V8 to really make a statement of "potential racers beware...don't challenge me", but it still has the V6 and we don't even know if it was ever in a stock car race. A total waste IMHO.
------------------

[This message has been edited by JSocha (edited 05-09-2001).]

PFF
System Bot
Black88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black88GTSend a Private Message to Black88GTDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone else notice the double DIN headunit stuffed in there? I was thinking about doing something like that but it looks pretty crappy, too close to the heater controls.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Here is a cool flamed Fiero I pulled off the Twin Lakes pics post that is pretty colorfull.

I like this one alot too!

Steve

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
It woulda been okay if he has only done the outside, its hard to even tell that its a fiero now.

But I dont think NASCAR has any tuttiefruitty interiors running around like that! A respectable race interior would have been more inline.

I dont even think the Shriners would let this thing in their parade.

MikeSchaefer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeSchaeferSend a Private Message to MikeSchaeferDirect Link to This Post
Oreif, I'll go if my fiero is ready to show by then (if it is running that is), do a lot of Fieros usually show up there?
Mike
StuGood

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StuGoodSend a Private Message to StuGoodDirect Link to This Post
Well, if someone buys it, maybe they'll be lucky enough to find that it's just a big, Fiero-sized decal that peels off to reveal a solid yellow car. Kind of like those peel-off rubber masks in the movies?
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
This guy sure had a ... vision.

Oh yah ,lovin the big bowtie on the hood, just to confuse the unsuspecting people next to at the stoplight.

Oh well, I think its *kinda* cool actually...

mblackwell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mblackwellSend a Private Message to mblackwellDirect Link to This Post
The exterior isn't too bad except for the Chevy thing. I can't see myself driving it around though. The interior looks junky. One thing is sure, everybody would recognise your car when they see it around.
StuGood

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StuGoodSend a Private Message to StuGoodDirect Link to This Post
"The Chevy thing" is allowed. It's a GT, so it's probably a 2.8, which is Chevy. It's not fer me, though!
spideyfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spideyfootSend a Private Message to spideyfootDirect Link to This Post
Lets just start by saying I like tacky stuff and I despise Gordan then again i despise the fact that Yuppies now ride Harleys. But I think the car is pretty cool. I think the owner put a lot of work in it lot of money too. Vinyl isn't cheap. I like the treatment on the bottom of the door. I think the factory blue/grey miss matching console is tacky. But my favorite interior Ive seen so far is Ausfiero's. I also think the factory orange peel paint bites. My favorite exterior so far is the m+m green one that was at the swapmeet. Have fun with your car and express yourself I hope no one would call me factory.

[This message has been edited by spideyfoot (edited 05-09-2001).]

DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
That interior was done by Fisher Price...

------------------
Dillon
Black '87 SE V6

PFF
System Bot
Greg Piet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg PietClick Here to visit Greg Piet's HomePageSend a Private Message to Greg PietDirect Link to This Post
Too bad I am the anti-Gordon fan!
Now a little #18 and Id be happy... at least thats Pontiac.
rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
With all the Nascar fans around today, I'm surprised nobody likes it. I think it's a pretty cool idea, but I would not do it to my own car. I've never watched a Nascar race.

How 'bout this one? I just finished putting a 3800SC in it for the guy.

[This message has been edited by rockcrawl (edited 05-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by rockcrawl (edited 05-09-2001).]

sjp777

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjp777Click Here to visit sjp777's HomePageSend a Private Message to sjp777Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroTig:
i agree completely.. that was a wasste. by the way i'm new to the forum and just checking people out sjp777 your car rocks. just had to say that.

Thank you.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/fiero88gt1/

TOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TOMSend a Private Message to TOMDirect Link to This Post
But who won the last race? Was it sucky Jeff? No it was Rusty, woohoo
FieroLisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2001 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLisaSend a Private Message to FieroLisaDirect Link to This Post
rockcrawl- ya know I actually do like the paint on that green-ish car... But I'm not too sure about the interior- the green and yellow in there is just sorta randomly placed- not sure if I dig it with the gray.

------------------
Lisa
86 violet pearl 4 speed GT: 17 in. rims, lowered, cold-air intake
AOL IM: FieroLisa

FieroLisa's Website

Tarheels Fieros Website

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2001 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
I have another reason to add:
(4) It's a T-Top to boot! Can you say bonus?

Granted I wouldn't do that to a rare T-Top Fiero either, ...

Don't feel too bad for it. It's an 87. Not totally one of the rare T-top Fieros since they were 88s. But someone did do a nice job putting the tops in!

Personally I kinda like it, except for the fact that it is Gordon. They shoulda found a Pontiac driver...

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2001 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Well, I consider any Fiero that has the actual C&C T-Tops in it to be rare.

Steve

------------------

Ken Wittlief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2001 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken WittliefSend a Private Message to Ken WittliefDirect Link to This Post
rockcrawl, I understand the fire extinquisher by the passsenger seat, I have one in all my cars, but whats in the 'lil playmate' cooler? Dry ice?

Is the owner a card carrying organ doner? Thats what I call being prepaired!

rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2001 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
Lisa,

... But I'm not too sure about the interior-

The interior is not finished yet. The seats are not even for that car, he just took them out of his dad's Mini as a temporary fix for the torn originals.

Ken,

I understand the fire extinquisher by the passsenger seat, I have one in all my cars, but whats in the 'lil playmate' cooler?

Yes, the extinguisher is a no-brainer, I pulled it out of my car to take along on the maiden voyage of the 3800SC. We were headed to Englishtown NJ (85 miles) for an all-day show. That should explain the cooler. Lunch!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock