Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Should I be ticked off that the fuel pump I received is not what I ordered? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Should I be ticked off that the fuel pump I received is not what I ordered? by Patrick
Started on: 07-20-2012 09:42 PM
Replies: 91
Last post by: Raydar on 09-14-2012 06:11 AM
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamDirect Link to This Post
I've found Rock Auto to be prohibitive because of shipping costs to Canada. From a few items I priced out it added 25% or more to the price, then you have to worry about duty/brokerage fees as well which will add at least another 15%, so a $100 part quickly becomes $140+.
IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NetCam:

I've found Rock Auto to be prohibitive because of shipping costs to Canada...

You bring up an excellent point which I didn't mention earlier as it complicates things. However, now that you've brought it up...

I have all my eBay purchases from the States mailed via USPS to friend's "weekend retreat" in Blaine Washington. My buddy brings them across the border back up to Vancouver when he returns to Canada after each weekend trip. This has saved me a lot of money over the years. It's a hassle for my friend to deal with FedEx or UPS or any private carrier though, so my items have to be mailed to his place via USPS.

If I remember correctly, it's only been relatively recently that RockAuto has given the option to use USPS for shipping. When I noticed that I ordered something from RockAuto right away and I will continue to do so.

Anyway, what this all boils down to is sometimes eBay vendors are more willing to ship via USPS than other online vendors, so in the past this has definitely affected where I can order from in the States.

Now having said that, I recently ordered a set of tires for the track from a place that only uses FedEx for shipping. I had them ship the tires to one of these border town drop sites, and I then went across the border myself and picked up the tires. The drop site place charged me $10 and then I had to pay 12% tax on the tires at the border. All in all, it worked out pretty well.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-28-2012).]

Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
If you got the pump via the USPS you can file a mail fraud with them.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
DefEddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Not ignorant. As a matter of fact, it's entirely correct. However, VISA wasn't interested in helping at all... unless I paid the $20 or so to return whatever it was that I had received.

As far as VISA was concerned, the fact that I had received something/anything and it was still in my possesion meant that they wouldn't do a thing for me.

Could this be rectified by simply calling them back and stating you habe not received what you purchased?
Does the fact that you received anything from them even need to be mentioned?

I ran into this years ago after ordering a very expensive custom front clip for a truck.
The custom shell had a custom grille,and they mistakenly sent me an overlay grille which did not work.
It was their fault,yet they insisted on a standard 20% restocking fee regardless.
I was a kid at the time so my response was to get real pissed off and scream while getting nothing done.

If same situation happened now I would simply claim product not received,and if asked if anything was received I would simply say that info does not apply. Records/invoice show I Ordered X yet did not receive.
The fact that I received anything else does not enter into equation.
As I understand it,holding the product hostage is akin to blackmail?

I've received incorrect parts by accident many times since by honest mistake,and don't believe I'm even required to return.
I say that mainly because in my experience the company either tells me to simply keep product and sorry about mistake or asks me nicely if I will return it at their expense (which I am more than happy to do).

I would stick to the facts ie-you did not receive product ordered.
Pretty sure credit policies apply burden of proof to seller and not purchaser.

Of course if they show a shipping invoice for "a" product that was received things will change.
However,by then the chargeback should have been done and the shipper will hopefully be tired of dealing with it or disorganized.

Worth trying?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DefEddie:

Worth trying?

At this point... no. I'm sick of this sh!t. (Eddie, please don't take offence. My exasperation and disgust isn't directed at you or your suggestion.)

I can't believe this (as it's taken place bit by bit, day by day), but I've wasted two months on this nonsense.

My only hope is that General Motors Global Security finds the fuel pump to be counterfeit and puts those b@st@rds out of business, but it's now been another week since I last heard from the GM investigator. He continues to ignore my emails (asking how long this process is expected to take!) and I'm pretty fed up with him as well.

Yes, in retrospect I should've just bought the fuel pump from RockAuto back in June. Lesson learned.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Go to Napa and get a Bosch fuel pump. I have them in two of my Fieros, and they work just fine.
DefEddie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DefEddieSend a Private Message to DefEddieDirect Link to This Post
No offence,lol.
Note my childish screaming antics I mentioned in my long ago situation.
I still feel that way even now when that stuff happens,I just act with a little more logic and control.
Really wish you didn't experience this,but thank you for making us aware.
If I (we?) can help support you in any way just say the word.

1000th post,yay!!

[This message has been edited by DefEddie (edited 08-31-2012).]

joshh44

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
Is there a call number for GM security you can try?
Iv always found emailing companys dont always seem to reply quicky. that or your emails are getting put into there junk mail and get overlooked.
only issue for me about calling is the long distance charge. I just have a cell phone and I dont get any long distance calling. it would cost me a aton of money if i ever had to be put on hold.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2012 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Okay, this thread is finally winding down. However, a couple of important things to mention.

First, I got an email from eBay entitled... Feedback Abuse - eBay Information Notice
I wondered what the hell this was all about. This is what it said:

Because the text of the following Feedback comment contains a link to another page, it violates one or more of our Feedback policies:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mexican market" fuel pump. Read here www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/124046.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This recent account activity doesn't follow our guidelines.

Feedback that contains any link to another page, picture, or JavaScript isn't allowed.

---About the eBay Feedback abuse policy---
eBay members aren't allowed to use Feedback for any reason other than to rate the actual performance of a member in a transaction.

So eBay deleted my entire feedback message left for Global Automotive. The b@st@rds.

And last but not least... I never heard a friggen thing from General Motors Global Security regarding the status of the ACDelco fuel pump after I sent them the images they wanted. What a BS operation. I had the agent's personal email address and practically begged him for some info. Thanks a whole lot, Joseph. Yeah, thanks for completely wasting my time.

Anyway, I ended up installing the damn fuel pump. It works. For how long, I don't know.

What a fiasco this whole thing has been. Man oh man.

My thanks to all of you who offered advice... and for listening to me vent. Much appreciated.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2012 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
My thanks to all of you who offered advice... and for listening to me vent. Much appreciated.

No...thank you for keeping us updated. Although this certainly isn't the outcome we were all hoping for, it has at least been a reminder to me that I am not the only one that gets $#!% on. It is all too often that someone hears about one of my problems and replies with "I wouldn't have allowed that to happen...I would have just done x, y and z to get my money back." Thank you for reminding us that X, Y and Z isn't always that simple.

So...lets recap here...
First, the company sent you a fuel pump that was the wrong model number, and may have been gray market. They even admitted to Mexican market...then stopped communication.
Ebay first found in your favor, but only if YOU pay international return shipping for their mistake. Even if you jumped on that offer, the company has a habit of not issuing refunds.
Ebay then reversed their ruling, and told you that you are screwed.
Ebay refused your appeal, and closed off your ability to leave feedback to warn others.
You attempted to do a chargeback on the credit card, and they refused unless you payed international shipping.
You found a way around ebay to leave feedback, and they remove it.
And through all this...GM Global Security has been unresponsive.

Did I miss anything here?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2012 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Did I miss anything here?

No, that's about it. Excellent recap.

Hard to believe I wasted so much time on this nonsense.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-14-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2012 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Wow! So much for the "little guy" getting an even break.

Strangely enough I googled "ebay sucks" and found that any applicable data is fairly old. Perhaps they need some new "poop stirred".
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock