Longitudal twin turbo SBC by buildamonster
Started on: 03-31-2008 01:10 AM
Replies: 90
Last post by: buildamonster on 02-16-2013 02:23 PM
buildamonster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2008 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buildamonsterSend a Private Message to buildamonsterDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
blue87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blue87Send a Private Message to blue87Direct Link to This Post
What kind of transmission are you using?
buildamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buildamonsterSend a Private Message to buildamonsterDirect Link to This Post
It's a 1979 cadialac eldorado thm 325 it's been rebuilt with a transgo shift kit and all premium parts.
linuxpowered88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
how are those e-tec heads treating you? 170 or 200? I was looking at a set for myself one day in the distant future .
buildamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2008 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buildamonsterSend a Private Message to buildamonsterDirect Link to This Post
They are the 200. I love them they are a very nice set of heads. They are cnc'd with .600" lift springs.
buildamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buildamonsterSend a Private Message to buildamonsterDirect Link to This Post
I wish the story ended happily ever after but it does not. I have been driving it alot more aggresive lately. Running up to 6,000 rpms and 18lbs of boost. Man I do believe it has near 700hp it feels more like a 1,000 hp. 1st gear the tires spend most of the time spinning and it gets sideways when i hit second. Yesterday i was out driving when it started to just slow down and the rpms went up. So i stopped and checked it out and could not find anything by the time i got home I all most could not move at all. I checked the trany fluid and it was full but did it stink. I took off the pan today and it was full of metal shavings and black particles. I am thinking it's the clutches. I am in the processs if trying to locate a thm425 transmission. If anyone knows of one please e-mail me at Ammo1033@yahoo.com
opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
email sent, may be just what yu are looking for.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManDirect Link to This Post
Where in Greenfield are you located? I'm just on the eastside of Indy (Cumberland). I gotta come check this out when you get it running again.

Sorry but I can't help you with the trans.

Gary
Daviero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2008 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroDirect Link to This Post
Contact this guy: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/081971.html
I know he has a rebuilt 425 transmission he did not use.
Nice build by the way.

------------------
Daviero - 88 N* GT

buildamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buildamonsterSend a Private Message to buildamonsterDirect Link to This Post
thanks to David i am now a proud owner of a th 425 transmission. Now i just have to make some new axles. I have been doing some research and I want this transmission bullet proof. I am thinking abouto buying a reverse patern manual valve body with a transbrake. Also a 3200 to 3400 stall converter this should put me in atleast a few pounds of boost of the line. Any body got idea's or know anybody that has a cage in there fiero?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Interesting build. It looks like you are using throttle body injection and as such you are running lower fuel pressure than with SPFI or MPFI. If you run 10 psi of boost and run 15 lbs of fuel pressure then your net fuel pressure is 5 psi.; insufficent flow. You will probably have to figure out a way to flow more fuel and at the same time control it with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator that is boost referenced.

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-17-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post
FieroX is running a seriously fast car. Don't you have to have a cage if you run less than 11 seconds? If so I bet he has one in his car.
buildamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2008 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buildamonsterSend a Private Message to buildamonsterDirect Link to This Post
I wanted a manual valve body with reverse pattern and a transbrake. I could not find anyone who made one for the 425 so i went with a transgo shift kit instead. It was very easy step by step with pictures. I will be putting the engine and transmission back together soon.
Zac88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2008 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zac88GTClick Here to visit Zac88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zac88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Interesting build. It looks like you are using throttle body injection...

It's called a carburetor.
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buildamonster:
< snip >
Any body got idea's or know anybody that has a cage in there fiero?

Get ahold of Doug Chase - http://www.chaserace.com/

Here is one that I picked up from him for my last 38oo SC'd GT.

--Allen

------------------
And it begins again...

[This message has been edited by mcaanda (edited 11-30-2008).]

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Interesting build. It looks like you are using throttle body injection and as such you are running lower fuel pressure than with SPFI or MPFI.

From the pictures, it looks like a Demon Carb:

http://www.barrygrant.com/demon/default.aspx
ScottSss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScottSssSend a Private Message to ScottSssDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xanth:

From the pictures, it looks like a Demon Carb:

http://www.barrygrant.com/demon/default.aspx

Maybe you guys should read the whole post before posting you questions????
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ScottSss:

I didn't ask a question, and missed where he specified the Carb.
buildamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buildamonsterSend a Private Message to buildamonsterDirect Link to This Post
WOW i like that cage.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ScottSss:

Wow, for a noob, thats a bit of a chip you've got on your shoulder.

I'm taking odds on how long he'll last.

it's ok to have an open mind,
just not so open that your brains fall out. Joe

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Paul
PFF
System Bot
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
I don't suppose we could talk you into posting a couple of pics showing the whole car could we? Longitudinal says stretched to me, but then I've seen some folks do some crazy stuff to their Fieros and you'd never tell from the outside.

Great build and definitely staying tuned.
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
good to see this didn't end up like alot of other cool swaps, and not happen how much did you stretch it to fit that in?
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
The 325 or 425 transmissions dont require a stretch.
buildamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buildamonsterSend a Private Message to buildamonsterDirect Link to This Post
No stretch is required. Just have to cut out the trunk.
ScottSss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScottSssSend a Private Message to ScottSssDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

Wow, for a noob, thats a bit of a chip you've got on your shoulder.

I'm taking odds on how long he'll last.

it's ok to have an open mind,
just not so open that your brains fall out. Joe

Sorry, I can be a grumpy old man. I was crushed by a 5500Lb forklift 4 years ago. I am disabled and have to deal with alot of pain which makes me grumpy.

------------------
Home of 3 1/2 Fieros, a 900HP AWD S10, a 1967 Pontiac Catalina Convertable, a Chevy Avalanche and lots of misc GM parts.

weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
I hung around a 300ZX forum for awhile, as I have one of those. Those guys are touchy egotists who should not be bothered if you haven't read a repair manual clear thru 25 times. Over here, the guys are much friendlier and far more laid back. Even better to meet them in person. There is a real effort to keep it civil, as you will come to notice. They tend to show their nasty sides over in the Off Topic forum. I never feel out of whack posting anything here. Did I mention these guys are smart?
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
Bumpski...
joshh44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshh44Send a Private Message to joshh44Direct Link to This Post
bump.

i wanna know hows the car is coming along!
JCUOIT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITDirect Link to This Post
WOW, Thats killer.

Must see this thing at a track. i dont even care what sort of track; Drag, Oval, Road course, hell even a Dyno video would rock. this looks scary.

Keep up the killer work.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
hey what ever happened to this build?
PFF
System Bot
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

hey what ever happened to this build?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kawana:

11-30-2008 09:26 PM

good to see this didn't end up like alot of other cool swaps, and not happen...

That remains to be seen.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-19-2010).]

buildamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buildamonsterSend a Private Message to buildamonsterDirect Link to This Post
I drove the car for some time loved it. I started cranking up the boost and I had a hose poop off. I was in the middle of second gear when this happened so the turbos where spooling good by then. When the pressure went away the turbos over spooled. It tore one beyond repair and the other it just hurt. But don't fear I have a new set of ball bearing turbonetics 6262 stage 5 arleady installed. I am using hard lines and a large air to air intecooler. My current health problem prevents me from finnishing. I hope to start again in a few weeks.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
bump
buildamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buildamonsterSend a Private Message to buildamonsterDirect Link to This Post
I got almost everthing done over chrismas break. All I have left is to install the braket for the wide band air fuel ratio gauge. Its a fast model so it's kinda funky shaped. Not in a hurry just waiting on the spring weather. I might fire it up over the weekend just for fun.

------------------
85 gt 355 longitudal E-tech 200 heads,
224/234 @.050 113lsa single plane manifold 9:1CR twin turbonetics 6262 ball bearing air to air IC E85
20psi of boost

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
A video of this thing in action is necessary when you bring it out
NullHead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NullHeadSend a Private Message to NullHeadDirect Link to This Post
Wow man this is really impressive.

How about a video of this beast in action once it's ready?
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I like your carb! Ive been trying to decide if I want to try putting in some 180 degree headers in or 2 turbos. This thread is making it a hard decision! That is a sweet setup. I was starting to think I was like one of maybe 3 longitudinal sbc swaps. This is cool.

Oslo, like my rocker scoops ?

I need to take some better, more updated pics.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

I like your carb! Ive been trying to decide if I want to try putting in some 180 degree headers in or 2 turbos.

do both and forget any mufflers ..this is Iowa

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock