Oil filter relocation kit by My84
Started on: 02-13-2012 11:15 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Dodgerunner on 02-14-2012 08:58 PM
My84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My84Click Here to visit My84's HomePageSend a Private Message to My84Direct Link to This Post
i am looking for a Oil filter relocation kit for the 2.5L has anyone ever put one on the duke? or where can i find one?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by My84:

i am looking for a Oil filter relocation kit for the 2.5L has anyone ever put one on the duke? or where can i find one?

if you're talking about moving the oil filter to an area not on the engine - yes.

many online companies have an adaptor that spins onto the oil filter location (they are universal mostly), it has an intlet and outlet port for oil feed lines, then a part that you can mount pretty much where ever you want the filter to be.

ebay sells kits like this, the threading of the oil filter should be the same for most GM engines of the era, look up the part number of a 2.5L oil filter to get precices measurements so you can find out what size you'll need.
best bet would be to call Summit Racing, or other performance-based companies and see if they have any universal set ups that will fit the 2.5L

be sure to post what you find, I'd be interested. I never really thought about it, because I have 2.5L 88 Coupe (now has 3.4L) and has the filter in the oil pan.
My84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My84Click Here to visit My84's HomePageSend a Private Message to My84Direct Link to This Post
well i have an 84 2.5 and the filter is on the side of the block. but i will see what i come up with. i have a local performance shop here in town and ill see what they say. i never would have thought to look at a performance shop.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Had a Trans-Dapt on my Indy engine. Absolutely necessary with an Automatic.
Took it off when I switched to a Manual Transmission though.

Summit http://www.summitracing.com...ilter+relocation+kit

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-14-2012).]

Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
Yup got a Trans-Dapt off Amazon..

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-2-107866.html

Then made a removeable bracket to mount the filter up behind the rear wheel.
http://s20.photobucket.com/...?albumview=slideshow
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
If only someone could make a filter relocation for the 88 duke.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:

Yup got a Trans-Dapt off Amazon..

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-2-107866.html

I wonder what (if anything) is different about the '84 duke, as it's not listed in the link supplied Here. And with the oil filters being the same on the V6's (as the L4's), would this remote filter not work with them as well?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

If only someone could make a filter relocation for the 88 duke.

yep, the oil filter for the 88 motor, the center two screws for the dew wipes, the nuts that hold on the "dash pocket" and the backward nuts that hold on the map pockets. If I ever met the guys who designed these parts, im going to punch them in the face. :-)

Rob
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I wonder what (if anything) is different about the '84 duke, as it's not listed in the link supplied Here. And with the oil filters being the same on the V6's (as the L4's), would this remote filter not work with them as well?

I'm sure it would.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock