Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Detailed 11.25" LeBaron/Seville brake upgrade writeup w/parts list ('84-'87 only) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Detailed 11.25" LeBaron/Seville brake upgrade writeup w/parts list ('84-'87 only) by GS Jon
Started on: 07-06-2009 12:13 AM
Replies: 69
Last post by: GS Jon on 05-30-2010 10:58 AM
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info, I just ordered a set of brackets from Maddanceskills ( David ) so I'm adding to fav's.
IP: Logged
87Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroDirect Link to This Post
When looking to purchase the rotors, is there a difference between a regular LeBaron and a LeBaron GTC?

Thanks.
GS Jon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Please PM Nurb432 or JStricker for details on the swap.

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 05-25-2010).]

87Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GS Jon:

The Bendix rotors I used crossreferenced to both the Lebaron and Lebaron GTC. 141533 if you'd like to look it up yourself.

Thanks for the help and the write-up. + to you.
Justin Heileman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the front calipers could be used in the rear if I'm not going to keep the parking brake?
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justin Heileman:

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the front calipers could be used in the rear if I'm not going to keep the parking brake?

Yes, you can.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Should the rear calipers have the bleeders on top or bottom? Mine are on the bottom. Can it be as easy as switching the calipers to the other side to get the bleeders on top? I am pretty sure that will fix air in the line my problem. What issues will I face...longer brake lines, etc?

Thanks
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
Oops double posting.

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 03-08-2010).]

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post

pmbrunelle

4376 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Depends ... I assume you have the "rotated" brackets requiring you to trim the pad corners?
If so, then that is "normal". It was a design compromise.

Leaving the brake hose connected, remove the caliper from the knuckle and the e-brake cable, and orient the caliper such that the bleeder is at the highest point.

Then bleed... Air bubbles float to the top, so the bleeder needs to be up top. You won't get the bubbles out any other way.
EngineerBill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EngineerBillClick Here to visit EngineerBill's HomePageSend a Private Message to EngineerBillDirect Link to This Post
I was just curious why you edited all of your previous responses, GSJON, and changed them all to PM...? I thought it was a great write-up. I am just starting my brake upgrade now and looked up this page and voila, everything from you is gone. Hmmm, well, I guess I'll look for a few other pages before starting. I guess I can "PM Nurb432 or JStricker for details on the swap".

Hope all is well!
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by EngineerBill:

I was just curious why you edited all of your previous responses, GSJON, and changed them all to PM...? I thought it was a great write-up. I am just starting my brake upgrade now and looked up this page and voila, everything from you is gone. Hmmm, well, I guess I'll look for a few other pages before starting. I guess I can "PM Nurb432 or JStricker for details on the swap".

Hope all is well!

Exactly, I orderd the brackets from you in anticipation of doing this swap..if the info (pics and writeup) are missing the brackets are useless and I wasted my money. This thread and your detailed writeup were the reason I bought your brackets in the first place....-Jason

PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

Please PM Nurb432 or JStricker for details on the swap.

If your desire is to attempt to blame me or anyone else for your petty and childish behavior by witholding information about brackets YOU sold them, then you have once again failed.

I'm not responsible for your actions, only you are.

John Stricker
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

jstricker

12956 posts
Member since Apr 2002

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Exactly, I orderd the brackets from you in anticipation of doing this swap..if the info (pics and writeup) are missing the brackets are useless and I wasted my money. This thread and your detailed writeup were the reason I bought your brackets in the first place....-Jason

I suggest you take a look at this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum8/HTML/000132.html and make up your own mind as to his motivations and behavior.

John Stricker
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-28-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

I suggest you take a look at this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum8/HTML/000132.html and make up your own mind as to his motivations and behavior.

John Stricker

Apparently he doesn't respect the rest of the Fiero community enough to keep personal problems out of the tech sections.

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

I'd love to take the opportunity to clarify something. You did not purchase the brackets from me. You purchased them from John (different name, and John is out in FL). I provided John with CAD drawings and some cash to start producing the brackets for this community. In essence, I did the legwork to get you guys hooked up. I spent more on my brackets than anyone else here will, because I paid for the raw materials to get the first set of brackets made. I don't see any money from the sale of the brackets in question, nor am I in the loop in the sale of the brackets. This all happens independent of my involvement. John is free to sell his brackets at whatever price he chooses. He's a fair man, so I trust he will treat everyone well and give them decent prices. He also is very picky about the quality of the work he provides, so you also know you're getting a top notch part.

I also saw a need here for a clear, concise and DETAILED how-to, and took it upon myself through many hours of labor, and hundreds of dollars worth of parts just for the sake of trial and error to write it up. What did I expect in return? Nothing. Well, nothing but maybe a bit of respect as a human being...

When I asked for something back in the form of expertise and opinions (that should have stayed on topic, especially when I requested it stay on topic), all I got was a load of grief. Just check out the link to the thread that was provided a few posts back, and read for yourself. I'm sure that not many people here would take kindly to the type of suggestions that were provided to me in regards to my marriage (also note the edits that were done by certain parties) that weren't helpful in the least.

I know it may seem childish to have pulled my how-to in response to the thrashing I took in my other thread, but I'm not one for getting trash talked, spat on and threatened without response. So, while I'd love to provide this how-to to everyone because I've already busted my ass and spent a lot of money making it, not to mention doing the legwork to get you good folks these brackets... Well, you know the rest.

See 'ya!

P.S. I still got love for the good and decent people around here. Keep on being awesome! Now, please watch your step as it's gonna get knee-deep in BS in here thanks to the court jesters. Don't say I didn't warn you!
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

P.S. I still got love for the good and decent people around here. Keep on being awesome! Now, please watch your step as it's gonna get knee-deep in BS in here thanks to the court jesters. Don't say I didn't warn you!

BS... you wouldn't have punished the whole community by removing the writeup because of two people if you still had love for the good and decent people around here...

Have fun with your internet nut swinging... you sure showed us who is boss...
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

BS... you wouldn't have punished the whole community by removing the writeup because of two people if you still had love for the good and decent people around here...

Have fun with your internet nut swinging... you sure showed us who is boss...

Insults - Check
Anger - Check

OK, here's a reality check for the next person who gets pissed off that I took the writeup off: All the information I used to get my swap done is still here on the forum. You just have to do the same amount of work I did. Why? Because I'm surely not being convinced why I should make anyone's lives easier just so I can get kicked in the shin by an internet anklebiter like Carbon here. So, thank the nice people like the griefers for making your lives harder!

Ciao!
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
Deleting the half-decent write-up you had here doesn't make you look like you're standing up for yourself - it makes you look stupid.

You're right, you're under no obligation to keep the information available to anyone, but it's really just a waste...

Anyone with questions on the swap can PM me.

If there's sufficient demand, I might make a write-up.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

Deleting the half-decent write-up you had here doesn't make you look like you're standing up for yourself - it makes you look stupid.

You're right, you're under no obligation to keep the information available to anyone, but it's really just a waste...

Anyone with questions on the swap can PM me.

If there's sufficient demand, I might make a write-up.

There's sufficient demand, so get off your ass. I'm tired of seeing people around here say "Oh, I could do that" but never put their money where their mouth is. Get to work, you have thousands of ungrateful jerks to support.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Insults - Check
Anger - Check

OK, here's a reality check for the next person who gets pissed off that I took the writeup off: All the information I used to get my swap done is still here on the forum. You just have to do the same amount of work I did. Why? Because I'm surely not being convinced why I should make anyone's lives easier just so I can get kicked in the shin by an internet anklebiter like Carbon here. So, thank the nice people like the griefers for making your lives harder!

Ciao!

There's sufficient demand, so get off your ass. I'm tired of seeing people around here say "Oh, I could do that" but never put their money where their mouth is. Get to work, you have thousands of ungrateful jerks to support.

Nope, no anger here, but you are right about one thing... all the information is still here on the forum...
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
Right, so get to work.

Don't expect others to do for you what you can do for yourself. If that means folks plagiarize my work, then great. Hop to.
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Its not plagiarism if you credit the source...

Detailed 11.25" LeBaron/Seville brake upgrade w/parts list ('84-'87 only) Repost

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-29-2010).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post
I saw that, and I appreciate that you did so. Whether it was done to not meet the definition of plagiarism, or to show me who the better man is (not being cheeky here), I will just say that I respect that you did it at all. So thank you.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
There are some "issues" with that write-up that could be improved upon anyway... I'm working on a better one.

You don't have to leave GS Jon's write-up posted, it's somewhat in poor taste to leave it up if he doesn't want the infor available.
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

There are some "issues" with that write-up that could be improved upon anyway... I'm working on a better one.

You don't have to leave GS Jon's write-up posted, it's somewhat in poor taste to leave it up if he doesn't want the infor available.

Never claimed to be a pro at this, but it was the first writeup that was somewhat complete that didn't leave people completely scratching their heads as to what needed to be done, or worse: leaving them clueless as to some of the nastier surprises you could come across.

Carbon may leave the recovered writeup up until you get yours completed. That way the community is not without some sort of guidance. Besides, if you work at anywhere near the rate I did on the Fiero, it may be some time until your writeup is online.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
It was kind of a pain really... none of the formatting code is carried over from a cut/paste, that all had to be redone manually. Thanks for using PIP though... that'll learn ya.

I just didn't think that it was a good enough reason to loose good work. You can take it however you want it, but I make no claims on being a better man than anyone else.

Oh and PMB... I am the king of poor taste. How's that Megasquirt project coming along?

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-29-2010).]

GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

It was kind of a pain really... none of the formatting code is carried over from a cut/paste, that all had to be redone manually. Thanks for using PIP though... that'll learn ya.

I just didn't think that it was a good enough reason to loose good work. You can take it however you want it, but I make no claims on being a better man than anyone else.

Nah, in this case I'll say you win the better man award.

My apologies for my previously brash behavior. Not gonna lie, I am irritated. Can't say it was you that was at fault, and you didn't deserve how I acted towards you. As for using PIP, though, think of it as a failsafe from unexpected contingencies... OP stupidity falls within that domain as well.
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

When I asked for something back in the form of expertise and opinions (that should have stayed on topic, especially when I requested it stay on topic), all I got was a load of grief. Just check out the link to the thread that was provided a few posts back, and read for yourself. I'm sure that not many people here would take kindly to the type of suggestions that were provided to me in regards to my marriage (also note the edits that were done by certain parties) that weren't helpful in the least.

Edits by certain "parties"?

You called me out by name, so I have to assume, as anyone else that reads this thread will, that you are insinuating I went back and edited my posts in that thread. Not one post of mine in that thread was edited.

You, however, can't make the same claim.

I'm sure that since you're "the better man" you'll apologize for a misleading and false insinuation.

John Stricker
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

You called me out by name, so I have to assume, as anyone else that reads this thread will, that you are insinuating I went back and edited my posts in that thread. Not one post of mine in that thread was edited.

I'm sure that since you're "the better man" you'll apologize for a misleading and false insinuation.

John Stricker

He most definitely said that I was the better man...
GS Jon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GS JonClick Here to visit GS Jon's HomePageSend a Private Message to GS JonDirect Link to This Post

John Stricker

Oh John... *sigh*

I'm sorry that you and I have been butting heads all this time, let me send you a PM and we'll get this worked out. BTW, however, any edits I made was simply for fixing spelling or grammar errors, and not to change the content or context of my messages.

He most definitely said that I was the better man...

That I did, and it most certainly wasn't in jest. I'm actually embarrassed by my actions towards you.

[This message has been edited by GS Jon (edited 05-30-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock