Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  3.4l OHV swaps t45 TURBO Flops. (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
3.4l OHV swaps t45 TURBO Flops. by 3.6lvvt6spdgt
Started on: 10-23-2007 04:59 PM
Replies: 197
Last post by: thedrue on 09-22-2009 05:00 AM
RideZiLightning

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Is that plastic plumbing from Home Depot (or such) that you are using with your intercooler?

Great job on the build bro, keep it up
IP: Logged
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RideZiLightning:

Is that plastic plumbing from Home Depot (or such) that you are using with your intercooler?

Great job on the build bro, keep it up

lol why yes i got it at home depot why spend $20 on a sillicone elbo when you can use rubber up to 20+psi for $5. and aluminum transmits heat veary well and Black PVC has tinny air pockets throughout the tube "like insulation" next time your at home depot go look at the end of a black PVC pipe, and if it gets hot enuf to melt.... well you dont want your intercooling piping that hot any way so add a heat shield.
the way i have it setup there is only 2ft from the outlet of the intercooler and the intake 7in of PVC cut in 2to3in sections and 4 rubber elbos.

oh another good thing, the elbos and straits come WITH hoseclamps lol

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 09-11-2008).]

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

3.6lvvt6spdgt

678 posts
Member since Jun 2007
it started to day yeah i need to get the fuel adjusted its not gitting enuff to stay running.
it sounds AWSOME LOL

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 09-11-2008).]

Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3.6lvvt6spdgt:

lol why yes i got it at home depot why spend $20 on a sillicone elbo when you can use rubber up to 20+psi for $5. and aluminum transmits heat veary well and Black PVC has tinny air pockets throughout the tube "like insulation" next time your at home depot go look at the end of a black PVC pipe, and if it gets hot enuf to melt.... well you dont want your intercooling piping that hot any way so add a heat shield.
the way i have it setup there is only 2ft from the outlet of the intercooler and the intake 7in of PVC cut in 2to3in sections and 4 rubber elbos.

The melting point for PVC is not very high so the combination of the heat and pressure from the air charge may cause it to fail, just use some mandrel bent pipe and a couple of 3" long connectors, you did such a nice job on the rest of it why stop there. I used radiator hose on my first boosted project (why pay all that money for silicone) with about 7 psi and still split the hose after moderate use right in the middle of handing a pick-up owner his butt nearly resulting in a return of the favor.

[This message has been edited by Joseph Upson (edited 09-11-2008).]

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Joseph Upson:

The melting point for PVC is not very high so the combination of the heat and pressure from the air charge may cause it to fail, just use some mandrel bent pipe and a couple of 3" long connectors, you did such a nice job on the rest of it why stop there. I used radiator hose on my first boosted project (why pay all that money for silicone) with about 7 psi and still split the hose after moderate use right in the middle of handing a pick-up owner his butt nearly resulting in a return of the favor.

i worked on a construction site and we used to put the PVC pipe in a heater to make it flexable and there where a cupple of time it was left in the oven to long and i have to say this is some tuff sh*t. ive used pvc for quit a few projects and never had a problem. if i do i will post pictures and eat my own words lol. if any thing its good to know what you will need when it comes to buying sillicone
maybe someday i will go to a fully welded aluminum piping but not today.

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 09-12-2008).]

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
well ive been working on heat shields and trying to get my engine to start and for some unknown reason my starter just gave out on me brand new starter to. good thing i had the recept.
well i got the fans in and there not 7in fans like the guy told me they were they are 8in the intercooler is only 5.5in across leving 1.25in of fan sticking past the intercooler. no big deal they still pull the air throught like none other i used my battery charger to test them out and wow. i will be adding some sheet metal though.
i have the heat shields made for the intake piping but they will need to be painted red i used 3" exhaust pipe to make the shield and its not stainles.
i only have to make the decklid shield and the intercooler fan shrouds and i should be done with the sheet metal.
i keep forgetting to take pictures but next time i have the shields off i will take pictures.

as far as the starting goes, we are still working on the fuel.

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 09-16-2008).]

sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

as far as the starting goes, we are still working on the fuel.

You get your ECM programed for your new injectors?

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
Las Vegas Fiero Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

You get your ECM programed for your new injectors?

yeah were tunning the $58 bin file for this aplacation.
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

3.6lvvt6spdgt

678 posts
Member since Jun 2007
got some pictures for ya
first i'd like to show you how much air the intercooler fans pull.
the pack of camels has 6 smokes in it at seven smokes the pack slid off. and this in not a parlor trick the only thing holding the pack there is the vacume created by the fans

nice
here are the fans

becaus i relized that every leaf i drive over has a potental of blocking my intercooler i made this. it will help keeping rock damage to a minimum to.

here are the heat shields for the charg pipe from the intercooler to the intake.

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 09-17-2008).]

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2008 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

3.6lvvt6spdgt

678 posts
Member since Jun 2007

You may want to attempt to fabricate a shroud and use one fan centrally located on your intercooler because the buisness area of the blades are so widely spaced on your fans you're going to have a large area of poor airflow beneath the hubs.

hey as yopu see above i have grate ait circulation the fans have a 1/2 inch gap between the hubs and the intercooler if there is a pressure drop i cant find it. also no room for a large shroud in fact the transmission mount gets in the way preventing me from adding a 3rd fan FYI just thought you might want to know.
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
i think i found the problem pin BC12 had a brake in it where it was spliced into BC11 i think this might have been causing my fuel issues.
BC 11-12 are injector wires.
i will be trying to start it agin latter today im waiting for a oil pressure sending unit tube in the mail mine was damaged. so i cant start the car till i got the oil leak fixed.
cross your fingers lol
PFF
System Bot
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
This would probably be more efficient in the location your intercooler is in;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=021

Loose that thick rigid wire mesh and use 1/4 to 3/8" square chicken wire for a guard if you're that concerned. You shouldn't have any greater risk of a rock hitting the intercooler than you do a rock impacting the condenser for the A/C where it is more likely to occur, especially considering the upward turn necessary to hit the intercooler.
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

This would probably be more efficient in the location your intercooler is in;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=021

Loose that thick rigid wire mesh and use 1/4 to 3/8" square chicken wire for a guard if you're that concerned. You shouldn't have any greater risk of a rock hitting the intercooler than you do a rock impacting the condenser for the A/C where it is more likely to occur, especially considering the upward turn necessary to hit the intercooler.

i agree but i would also need to buy a water tank, pump. radiator. and hoses. i dident want to spend $500 on an intercooler.
there is a new intercooler out that uses your AC pump for cooling that would be best if you have AC unit.
and i like my expanded steel. yes chicken wire would work

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 09-19-2008).]

Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

and i like my expanded steel. yes chicken wire would work

Okay keep the Frankenstein wire. I believe you can make that small water to air intercooler work for much less than $500 using more readily available parts. It certainly is tempting given its compact size.
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

Okay keep the Frankenstein wire. I believe you can make that small water to air intercooler work for much less than $500 using more readily available parts. It certainly is tempting given its compact size.

yeah prob, but this one cost me $120 including the expanded steal.
i got the frankin wire installed i have pics will post veary soon
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

3.6lvvt6spdgt

678 posts
Member since Jun 2007
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
heat shields

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

3.6lvvt6spdgt

678 posts
Member since Jun 2007
ITS ALIVE HURRRRAAAAYYYYYYYYY
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post

for affordable inginuity!
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

ITS ALIVE HURRRRAAAAYYYYYYYYY

Are you using Turbo GP 8F code, or code59? I'm currently running 8F code but since it limits you to 10 psi max in the chip programming due to there being no current software available able to accesses that constant, I'm going to start a new harness to switch to code59 for 3 bar MAP use and much higher boost levels.

You need to add some heat wrap to the shift cable closest to the exhaust pipe, the heat will certainly affect shifting ability if it gets hot enough. I have used a good layer of aluminum foil in a hot spot that worked well since it can be crimped by hand around the cable.

[This message has been edited by Joseph Upson (edited 09-21-2008).]

Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post

I'm going to start a new harness to switch to code59 for 3 bar MAP use and much higher boost levels.

Please do a thread on this as I would someday like to boost above the 8F limit.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniDirect Link to This Post

Hudini

9029 posts
Member since Feb 2006
What did you find out was wrong?
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Are you using Turbo GP 8F code, or code59? I'm currently running 8F code but since it limits you to 10 psi max in the chip programming due to there being no current software available able to accesses that constant, I'm going to start a new harness to switch to code59 for 3 bar MAP use and much higher boost levels.

You need to add some heat wrap to the shift cable closest to the exhaust pipe, the heat will certainly affect shifting ability if it gets hot enough. I have used a good layer of aluminum foil in a hot spot that worked well since it can be crimped by hand around the cable.

How is it limited to 10 psi? yeah the stock code is, But how do you say it is not changable, as in what constant? Is your chip programed at all or is it just the stock code?
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

How is it limited to 10 psi? yeah the stock code is, But how do you say it is not changable, as in what constant? Is your chip programed at all or is it just the stock code?

There is a limit in the unhacked portion of the code itself, if you check the constants you'll see that maximum boost only goes as high as a little over 10 psi, anything above that and fuel or spark is cut.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I really hope those couplers stay together for you. Everything is looking great otherwise!
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
i have used the black plumbing pipe (it is ABS up here anyway , not PVC ) and rubber elbows and connectors on my turbo setup for over a year now .originally i used them because they were cheap and because i knew i was going to try different routing as i slowly got the plumbing the way i wanted it .they have held up really well .the only failure has been the odd elbow popping off .easy to fix , just loosen the clamp and pop it back on .just keep a nutdriver in the car . this winter i am going with silicone elbows and some steel piping , but this is mostly for looks ,as i am not planning on more than 12 psi boost .i enjoy your thread , keep the updates coming .
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

There is a limit in the unhacked portion of the code itself, if you check the constants you'll see that maximum boost only goes as high as a little over 10 psi, anything above that and fuel or spark is cut.

I saw that but why not just change it to go above 10psi? if the constants show up they can be changed.
Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post

I saw that but why not just change it to go above 10psi? if the constants show up they can be changed.

The maximum setting is just over 10 psi you can't set it any higher than what the constant will allow. Tunercat shows 189 kpa maximum, Tunerpro I believe is just over 10 psi. One member running the code whose name I do not recall was not able to reach 11 psi with the code limits set at the maximum setting.
Lancealpha

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LancealphaSend a Private Message to LancealphaDirect Link to This Post

oh save your valve cover gaskets i dont know how hard they are to find but they dont give u new ones and the fiero valve covers a fiero only part. everything else was a direct swap.

you can get these from any parts store if you just order the fiero specific ones i can get you the fel pro number here monday or tuesday
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

i like the aluminum foil idea maybe some exta heavy duty aluminum foil.
Im useing the old $58 code i have been thinking about swithching to the 59 for better tunabillaty.
what was wrong was i did not soider the socket booster into the memcal i just pluged it in and it was causing problems + i musta bumped the ostrich from 28pin to 24pin oops. its all fixed now. i highly recomend soidering any thing you attach to the memcal for any one that does this.
now that its running i found i need better exaust gaskets the one that came with the turbo kinda sucks.

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

3.6lvvt6spdgt

678 posts
Member since Jun 2007
im got a plan rolling in my head rite now to elimanate turbo lag. you know that point where you put the pedal to the metel and the engine is pulling more air than the turbo is putting out and it creates a vacume frome the turbo to the intake.
im thinking about adding a check valve to the elbow attached to the TB to alow air into the charge pipe under low vacume.
the BOV does not do this it might if you have it next to the TB but it will only open at -8psi i want it to let air in at -0.15 lbs

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 09-22-2008).]

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
With a properly designed system and the right size turbo setup and you don't have lag. I hit full boost around 1800rpm.

But that is an interesting idea, and I have some thoughts on it. You could probably use a BOV valve for it,(you need a BOV that works off of vac and not boost) hook up the vac lead from the BOV and put in right in front of the TB in the charge pipe, and put some kinda filter on it so you dont get unfiltered air. so when you go WOT, I'm thinking there would be vac in front of the TB and thus open that BOV. I don't know if any of it would work, but again an interesting idea.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
Las Vegas Fiero Club

PFF
System Bot
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
i veary sure my turbo lag is due to a bad gasket that came with the turbo not the size of turbo i have a new better one comming that won't leak. lol
but if the lag continues i will be moding my charge pipe.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Sardonyx247, I'm using a synapse BOV and it seems that it works just like that. The BOV sucks in unfiltered air at idle and light cruise (vac situations). The instructions even say to add a filter to the inlet/outlet of the BOV. Since it is a piston type, it reacts very fast and seems to work very well so far.

Fixed

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 09-22-2008).]

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Sardony, I'm using a synapse BOV and it seems that it works just like that. The BOV sucks in unfiltered air at idle and light cruise (vac situations). The instructions even say to add a filter to the inlet/outlet of the BOV. Since it is a piston type, it reacts very fast and seems to work very well so far.

my name on here is Sardonyx, I don't know why everyone leaves off the x.
anyway, thinking about it, yeah a vac operated BOV would do just that, it is the boost activated ones that wouldn't.
So I guess it is allready done.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
Las Vegas Fiero Club

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
ok well i got the gasket installed today."arived yesterday" turbo responds veary well now lol. and spent most of the day cleaning the car "the inside" as soon as i get a good ALDL recording i will shoot it over to darth and as soon as we get it to a point that its ok to rev the engine past 2k i will post a link for a video i dont want to post a video for an idleing car thats boring. i will always be doing something to my fiero so check back and see whats up.
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2008 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

3.6lvvt6spdgt

678 posts
Member since Jun 2007

my name on here is Sardonyx, I don't know why everyone leaves off the x.
anyway, thinking about it, yeah a vac operated BOV would do just that, it is the boost activated ones that wouldn't.
So I guess it is allready done.

at least they dont call you Sard
3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post
so i removed the down pipe today to add a WB bung so i can tune the car better now all i need is to barrow a WB.
also i relized that i never posted pics of the down pipe so...

here are the exhaust tips from a corvette i think.

[This message has been edited by 3.6lvvt6spdgt (edited 10-04-2008).]

Joseph Upson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonDirect Link to This Post
Your WB bung is to close to the turbo, they don't stand up to high temps very well and are advised to be installed further down the exhaust stream. My Zeitronix instructions state at least 16" from the turbo and before the catalytic converter and should be standing nearly straight up or between 10 and 12 position to avoid damage from condensation. You can use one of those bungs for an exhaust temp gauge. I purchased an O2 bung plug and drilled and tapped it for my EGT sensor.

[This message has been edited by Joseph Upson (edited 10-04-2008).]

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
No smog there I take it, (no cat)
I have a cat where your muffler is and no muffler. It is quiter than a stock FieroV6 at idle, I do have 4 glass pack tips though.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
Las Vegas Fiero Club

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtDirect Link to This Post

Your WB bung is to close to the turbo, they don't stand up to high temps very well and are advised to be installed further down the exhaust stream. My Zeitronix instructions state at least 16" from the turbo and before the catalytic converter and should be standing nearly straight up or between 10 and 12 position to avoid damage from condensation. You can use one of those bungs for an exhaust temp gauge. I purchased an O2 bung plug and drilled and tapped it for my EGT sensor.

i dont think it matters O2 sensors needs to get to 600degrees befoer they work, and WB have a heated coil in them the heat them up. i will look into it.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock