Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 54)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 59 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59 
Previous Page | Next Page
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 2351
Last post by: whodeanie on 02-09-2009 08:38 AM
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
It's ALIVE!
Watchout everyone, the bar has been raised...

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

IP: Logged
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
I hope you are ready to drive this thing. Please don't kill your self. Save that for the other cars on the road.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Troy, you should have an email from me from yesterday.

Been mostly working on trying to button things up on the body.

We slid the rear clip back & intstalled the rear reflectors (after we refurbed the reflectors). Hopefully we've remounted the rear clip for the last time.

this is a nice shot of the reflectors & the paint....

Got the front clip off & working on remounting all of the wiring harnesses & finishing off the A/C plumbing.

I thought you'd like to see all the plumbing & wiring that's under the orange right side engine compartment cover.

While we have the front clip off, we painted some of the areas behind the grill & other openings satin Black so they'll look good when it's put together.

We're working on mounting the front lights & grills.....

Soon we'll be ready to mount the front clip for the last time. We'll do that as soon as we get the hood back from paint.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the Update Archie. I got the Emails, I think
stinky817

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stinky817Send a Private Message to stinky817Direct Link to This Post
omg, hearing that car run makes me horny...hahahaha... and ...just wow. i love the whole car!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2008 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Nice professional paint job Mark.

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
atleast during the winter you dont have to worry as much about bugs flying into the paint.

looks great.

matthew
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Troy when do you plan to debut it ?

Simply stunning.
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Can I come work for you Archie? I can get a job and my pilgrimage outta the way all in one step!
PFF
System Bot
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

What lights are these? I may have missed it in an earlier discussion, and if so, I'm sorry. They look insanely slick under there. They remind of the R8 lights.
Looking really good Archie! Keep it up!

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

[This message has been edited by fieroboom (edited 12-17-2008).]

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post
It is a common mod for VW's I believe it is available in some forms in both audi's and vw models.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Soon we'll be ready to mount the front clip for the last time. We'll do that as soon as we get the hood back from paint.

Somehow, I don't think that is true...

Love the work Archie (and crew). Awesome job.

Bob
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
We got quite a bit done today.

Put the nose back on the car today. It's bolted down lightly so we can adjust it when the hood is here.

Installed the grills in the nose....

Fitted the front plate to see what it'll look like. YUCK!!!!!! Only left it on for one picture.

Then we tested some of the lighting. (Troy, we gotta talk about which lights you want on & when so we can set it up the way you want)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
We got the left side engine compartment cover installed.

The hole is elliptical because the 4" CAI pipe will be going thru it at an angle.

WE painted the air box in the front cowl area black & covered the orange overspray.

Then we put on the cover....

And we hooked up the Shifter linkage & adjusted it.

We did a few other things that I didn't get pics of.

We have to finish mounting the vent can for the Dry Sump oil tank. Then we can mount up the CAI.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
HOLY CRAP !!

WOW !! That is definatly the money shot.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 12-17-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

The hole is elliptical because the 4" CAI pipe will be going thru it at an angle.

Archie

Great job Archie and the Crew.... in Proving them wrong.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tusch:

It is a common mod for VW's I believe it is available in some forms in both audi's and vw models.

So, is it a secret? Or can someone point me in the direction of proper reading material please? Maybe a name, or a supplier? Thanks.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:
So, is it a secret? Or can someone point me in the direction of proper reading material please? Maybe a name, or a supplier? Thanks.

I don't really know exactly. Troy just sends stuff & says make it look good & we do.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

http://www.ecstuning.com/st...ing&subcategory=Fogs
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

http://www.ecstuning.com/st...ing&subcategory=Fogs

Awesome, thank you so much!
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
Man that's looking amazing coming together.. nice vision troy.
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

Man that's looking amazing coming together.. nice vision troy.

I'm sure Troy will agree when I say this, but I've seen a couple of times throughout the course of this build, where Troy has asked for and taken suggestions from other members. It is definitely Troy's car and his dream and more than just myself are extremely envious. But I also believe that the members of this board who have followed, religiously, the progress of this build and spilled many gallons of drool into their keyboards as a result, deserve a round of applause as well for their part in helping with suggestions and encouragement, as Troy and Archie created this phenomenal pièce de résistance.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brocephus:
I'm sure Troy will agree when I say this, but I've seen a couple of times throughout the course of this build, where Troy has asked for and taken suggestions from other members. It is definitely Troy's car and his dream and more than just myself are extremely envious. But I also believe that the members of this board who have followed, religiously, the progress of this build and spilled many gallons of drool into their keyboards as a result, deserve a round of applause as well for their part in helping with suggestions and encouragement, as Troy and Archie created this phenomenal pièce de résistance.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Well then let's vision this........

Aside from installing the strut tower brace, this is what the finished engine compartment will look like.

I just wish there was some sun, because this should just glow like a jewel box in the sunlight.

Archie
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
A perfect mixture of "over-the-top" and "minimalism". Over the top with 500+ horses but minimalstic in that there's no tangled web of vaccum lines, wiring harness, and all the other crap that can make even the neatest of engine bays looks too busy.

Beautiful.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
bet that will blow away a Enzo and of course a Z06
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

bet that will blow away a Enzo and of course a Z06

"Enzo? Z06? What Z06? Oh, those two little tiny lights in my rear view mirror? Is that what that is? Hm. Interesting. Oh well."

Beautiful Troy, absolutely beautiful. Archie & his boys got skillz.
LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
have To say that looks sharp. good work. what is that round thing with the braided line going to it( to the left of engine last pic) . a fuel preasure reg.?

------------------
LS1 v8 T-Top 87 GT

http://www.acxunlimited.com/ls1swap.htm

PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Wow! Just make sure you don't open that hood on a sunny day without good sun glasses!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LS1swap:

have To say that looks sharp. good work. what is that round thing with the braided line going to it( to the left of engine last pic) . a fuel preasure reg.?

That's the vent can for the Dry Sump oil tank.

Archie
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Slightly OT, but I'm curious as to why Archie doesn't have a link to his website on PFF? I mean, the two are so closely intertwined as to be one entity. I mean, it's easy to google "Archie V8" and click the link, but it'd be nice to see a link to the website on here. Archie's build threads bring a lot of people here....
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I think this car is the iceing on the cake for all your years of work on the Fieros.
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with to top this one.
Troy, my hat is off to you sir! I hope one day to see this car in person.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
I must add a special thanks to Firefox for doing a great job on the paint that gives the chrome the pop.

P.S You gave birth to it,

now Archie put it to work...
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
Doesn't chrome retain heat ?
Cas88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cas88GTSend a Private Message to Cas88GTDirect Link to This Post
Archie, where did you get the honeycomb material for the nose?

Cas

[/QUOTE]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robert 2:

Doesn't chrome retain heat ?

If chrome makes your car or trans over heat then you have bigger problems to fix.

This guy claims he has no problems with heat

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 12-19-2008).]

Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

If chrome makes your car or trans over heat then you have bigger problems to fix.

This guy claims he has no problems with heat

to the floor show into the trailer and vice versa , i hope he doesn't .
And don't know if you noticed the ? (question mark) at the end of my sentence ?

[This message has been edited by Robert 2 (edited 12-19-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 59 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock