Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  We Build a Perfect Union (Page 51)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 59 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59 
Previous Page | Next Page
We Build a Perfect Union by Archie
Started on: 01-11-2006 09:04 PM
Replies: 2351
Last post by: whodeanie on 02-09-2009 08:38 AM
Firefox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
Ok....yes, it's tomorrow and I promised pics. The car couldn't be rolled out into the driveway as we have had rain all afternoon and the door windows aren't installed yet ( plus there is no power to roll them up even if they were there....). Anyway, here are a few pics in the garage with most of the polishing finished.

The car really needs to be cleaned up but the shine is really there. I'll need to finish up the polishing at Archie's when the rest of the car is done so I can hose it down and wash it up. But, it's pretty much ready to go. I'll call Archie tomorrow to set up a pick up time as it needs to be reassembled now.

Mark

Plus, I own page 51!

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 11-12-2008).]

IP: Logged
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Troy, the car is looking good
I am so jealous....
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
WOW It does shine look at the rear quarter in the first pic very nice reflection. Good job mark. And troy beautiful car hope to see it someday.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Mark

Nice deep orange.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2008 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see this car cleaned up. try to get some pic's of the car outside before Archie picks it up.
nice job!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Archie did the car make it back to the shop? pics pics
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Archie did the car make it back to the shop? pics pics

Yep, got back to the shop with it about an hour ago.

Too tired to unload it in the dark, so I put the whole trailer in the shop & we'll unload it in the morning.

I knew you'd be asking so I opened up the trailer & took a couple of pics.

When looking at it in the trailer with the inside trailer lights on, it looks like a jewel.

These pics don't do it justice.

Archie

BTW, you can call me on my cell tonight if you want to.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-13-2008).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Terrific looking design. Great work. Best yet. Wish my 87GT looked like this. You really raised the bar on custom rebodies with this one.

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Archie, I see " A LOT " of business coming your way if Troy hits the fiero and non-fiero show circuit with this beauty !

Awesome job Mark. If it looks as good in person as it does on the pics you will have shut a lot of haters yaps.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
front nose looks great, way to go guys
PFF
System Bot
Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
(in my best "Superfans" Chicago voice a la SNL)...........A thing of beauty my friends!
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Nice car.

And I must add, Nice trailer!!
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Troy,
Your car will most likely be the quickest stock NA manual Fiero engine trans config swap..Are you planning on dynoing it and or take it down the track? I am not trying to start a flame war I totally respect v8s, but if I had that engine in my car I certainly would want to find out what it could do after all the expenditure.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

Troy,
Your car will most likely be the quickest stock NA manual Fiero engine trans config swap..Are you planning on dynoing it and or take it down the track? I am not trying to start a flame war I totally respect v8s, but if I had that engine in my car I certainly would want to find out what it could do after all the expenditure.

I could see dyno maybe,....track ??? Heeeeeeeeeck no !!! IMO.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-14-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Troy,

N/A at this time, plus FieroX, billboy, and Don k can fight over that title as I'm sure they are faster as their cars were built for speed. Just because you have a gorgeous wife doesn't mean that you have to pimp her out for the public.

But Dyno yes, she will hit the dyno b4 new york.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 11-14-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Nice!
all these shots of the car in tight spaces?
get it out side and get some pic's. please!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Take a look at that shine on the left nose. Mark "the painter" truly performed a spectacular job!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Nice!
all these shots of the car in tight spaces?
get it out side and get some pic's. please!

OK, fine.

Ok, now assume the position.....

& cover up....

Archie
sk8salomon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sk8salomonSend a Private Message to sk8salomonDirect Link to This Post
all i can say is WOW!!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
someone run to Troy's house and pick him up off the floor!

once he sees these pic's he will need the help.
this car is going to be one nice ride. worth the wait!

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Boredom has officially ended, so let the excitement begin.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-14-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Mark awesome work Dude
gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerDirect Link to This Post
Troy I know you feel like dancing

Because it's bad he... he

[This message has been edited by gunslinger (edited 11-14-2008).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

OK, fine.

Archie

Hmmm ..those wheels somehow detract from the look

fierogt17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt17Send a Private Message to fierogt17Direct Link to This Post

Hmmm ..those wheels somehow detract from the look

I agree
gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2008 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt17:

I agree

What do you expect doh the car just came from the paint shop
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2008 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
There is still a bit of polishing to finish up and a few parts that need to be done. I'll have most of the pieces finished up by next weekend and I'll be taking a trip to Archie's with more things to assemble.

Thanks for the compliments. They are really appreciated.

Mark
Tanlrat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TanlratSend a Private Message to TanlratDirect Link to This Post
too bad you're up in Wisconsin firefox or i woud have you do my car after i get it rebuilt
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Archie

The last couple of days we've been workong on connecting as many things as we can under the car & up front.

We've repainted the Black where the oil tank will be mounting and have put in some new & refurbed brake & clutch lines under the car.

Everytime I turn around I'm being run off to get new fasteners, bolts, nuts, brake line clips & the like. It seems like Rob & Kris don't want to put anything together without refurbing or replacing everything.

We've also put the engine back in so that we can finish with the metal shields. Once we get everything figured out in the engine compartment, we'll remove the engine assembly one last time so that the metal shields can painted & finished.

There's so much to do that we've been pretty much bouncing around on putting things together, not letting any one thing hold us up.

Here's some pics.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Archie

That's Absolutely Fabulous
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update and pics
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
That'll quiet things down, especially the road noise from the tires.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Man this car looks great,
Archie and crew.......... my hat is off to you sir's.
if my car comes out anywhere as nice as this one I will be happy.
keep up the great work I look forward to more updates!
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Rob & Kris don't want to put anything together without refurbing or replacing everything.

As it should be

How ya been Arch, havent talked to you in a while. Hows the old lady doin? Can you give me an estimate on the weight of all that Dynamat, I have the same plans here shortly, but weight is a concern of mine. You know, these little turbo V6's are on a strict diet.

Tell the boys I said WAZ UP HOMEEE

Later big guy!

------------------
87 SE 60* Turbo

Screw the L67...

[This message has been edited by AutoTech (edited 11-18-2008).]

blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2008 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
Autotech contact this number I provide

Trigon manufactoring Bob Becker (480) 894-92107 or becker@trigonmfg.com

This is a aeronautic ie Space Shuttle spray on sound deadening material. You cannot get anything that will sound deadon more and is lightweight. I used it on my 88 and it worked great. And you can use as much as or want /or little. Does work best with a spray gun, but they will advise you. Not very expensive compared to Dynamat on an interior. Plus it adds structural integrity to the interior.

I would recommend looking into this or post a search of my avatar name and more details will come up.

Not trying to hijack, just help.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

As it should be

How ya been Arch, havent talked to you in a while. Hows the old lady doin? Can you give me an estimate on the weight of all that Dynamat, I have the same plans here shortly, but weight is a concern of mine. You know, these little turbo V6's are on a strict diet.

Tell the boys I said WAZ UP HOMEEE

Later big guy!

Hey Mark,

Not doing too bad. The wife is on some new meds & is getting around better. We have hopes that she'll be able to stop using the walker & get back to walking with a cane by Spring.

I'll get some weight info tomorrow for you.

I'll tell Rob & Kris you said hi. Kris reads the forum from time to time to see who's dissing their work & calling them names.

PM me on what's up over there.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

We've also put the engine back in so that we can finish with the metal shields. Once we get everything figured out in the engine compartment, we'll remove the engine assembly one last time so that the metal shields can painted & finished.

Still working in the engine compartment, fitting all the wiring, oil lines, fuel lines, P.S. lines, shift cables, CAI, A/C lines etc. so that we can make the metal shields fit as good as we can.

Also finished up the dynamat in the interior.

Here's a few pics.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2008 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
We're continuing to fit everything into the engine compartment.

And Kris is working on routing all the wires in the interior

Once we get all the stuff into the engine compartment so we can fit the shields, then we can take t all apart to remove the shields for paint.

When we put it all back together for the last time, we'll be using the correct transmission.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 59 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock