Whats the best way ? by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 06-01-2008 02:00 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: JazzMan on 06-02-2008 01:59 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2008 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoDirect Link to This Post
87 GT, the power windows WORK, but they move at a snails pace. Is there any way of Lubing the tracks so maybe it will move faster ? OR whats the best way to get the motor out to change it, Pull the Skin? if so, Is there a trick to getting those (well designed) plastic screws out ?? I need to work on the power locks also. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fffttt1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2008 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Direct Link to This Post
Mine were slow. I added some extra ground wires from engine to frame to cradle. Also when I recently changed my outer dew wipes (plug for DIY_Stu) I lubed all the window tracks as best I could using spray on white grease/ lithium grease. They go up and down much quicker. Do a search on this forum. There are some detailed instructions for cleaning switches, installing additional ground wires, etc. All should help.
Dgzfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroDirect Link to This Post
Here is the thread on the ground strap thing thats supposed to help out.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/043240.html
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Rebuilding the switches, helps some: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050818-2-049035.html

JazzMan

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock