Started on: 04-10-2008 03:06 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: FieroWannaBe on 04-13-2008 01:21 PM
befarrer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
I have a very loud and annoying squeak on my Fiero. It is not a rattle, but a squeak, and it has to do with chassis flex since it does it at .05MPH on uneven surfaces, like going over a speed bump at an angle.

It seems to be coming from behind the rear speaker on my 86 Fiero coupe. I thought it was the rear window since it was installed improperly when it was replaced sometime before I got it, and it was only 1/2 sealed, but I just got it removed and resealed, and it didnt make a difference (well, the engine noise is alot quieter in the cab now). I have driven around with the speaker removed, the entire B-pillar interior trim, I have had the rear decklid vent removed and driven it, also the inner sailpanel thing (the black thing) was removed and didnt make a difference, I even replaced the sail panel on the outside, and no difference. What could it be that is squeaking?

------------------

84 Fiero Sport Coupe #1192 :: 86 Fiero Base Coupe Quad 4 HO :: 1998 Dodge Neon EX 2Dr 2.0L DOHC Auto

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
could it be the roof panel? I seem to remember reading about how the roof panels can come loss overtime.

edit to add both my fastbacks, but my 86 especially has a passenger squeak as well.

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 04-10-2008).]

85fiero_fanat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fiero_fanatSend a Private Message to 85fiero_fanatDirect Link to This Post
my 85 GT has a passenger squeak also. It isn't too bad, but when not on the throttle I can hear it, and if my sub is turned up, I can stand outside the car and here something moving around. Sounds like it's near where the sail panel is. Don't know if both noises are related, but I've tried holding different panels with my hand and had no luck getting rid of the noise.
befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
So I guess it is common? What is the cause?

My squeak sounds sort of like styrofoam being dragged across a smooth surface like glass. I thought it was the glue on the back window that was seperated from the window creaking from small body flex against the window.
85fiero_fanat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fiero_fanatSend a Private Message to 85fiero_fanatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by befarrer:

So I guess it is common? What is the cause?

My squeak sounds sort of like styrofoam being dragged across a smooth surface like glass. I thought it was the glue on the back window that was seperated from the window creaking from small body flex against the window.

Not sure what the cause is. Mine sounds like it's between the sail panel and the inner trim, but near the rear window
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020825-2-017001.html

------------------
1986GT 4-speed DOHC and 1987GT Auto

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock