Started on: 02-15-2008 12:15 AM
Replies: 47
Last post by: Steven Snyder on 03-12-2008 12:25 PM
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
the 365 4 spd handles my 3.8sc just fine...no shifting issues at all...other then me bouncing it off the rev limiter a few times when i first got it back...my car hauls azz through all 4 gears...kinda scares the crap outta me when i shift into 4th im doing 130mph and it still wants to go faster...scary but fun tim
IP: Logged
fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallDirect Link to This Post
Just to give ya guys an update. I acquired a nice 84 2M4 with a blown engine and will be going ahead with this swap. Well at least will be attempting it. Will give ya guys updates as things progress.

Here are some picks for now.

http://public.fotki.com/fin...buildup/img0054.html
http://public.fotki.com/fin...buildup/img0055.html
http://public.fotki.com/fin...buildup/img0056.html

Enjoy
Leafy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Emc209i:

Looks around for Leafy.....

Haha I'm here! Alex (Fieroall) is a good friend of mine, he and I go way back on all things turbododge. Welcome to the Fiero world Alex!

------------------
2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
1986 Fiero GT 2.8L 4 speed

www.purevolume.com/seanrainey

Leafy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyDirect Link to This Post

Leafy

823 posts
Member since Aug 2002
I've always thought that the Chrysler 555, 568 and 523 Trannys would be an awesome replacement for the weak GM FWD Trannys that are found in the Fiero. They use a Cable actuated clutch and have held up tremendously to many 300-350hp Turbo 2.2's and 2.5's. They are cheap and plentiful. One would only need to figure out a way to bolt to the GM FWD Bellhousing pattern.

[This message has been edited by Leafy (edited 03-12-2008).]

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
Or just swap the whole turbo Dodge powertrain.
fieroall

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroallSend a Private Message to fieroallDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Or just swap the whole turbo Dodge powertrain.

That's what I'm thinking. I started working on the engine rebuild. I will post updates once I'm ready to drop it into the fiero.
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
what about that V6 that came in the chr 300s the one with the dual length intake runners and the flapper gates. I think they make like 250HP and have aluminium heads and maybe block?
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

what about that V6 that came in the chr 300s the one with the dual length intake runners and the flapper gates. I think they make like 250HP and have aluminium heads and maybe block?

the chrysler 300 is a rear wheel drive car.

EDIT: ah, you probably meant the 300M.. that was a SOHC motor that made 250 HP in the 4.0L version. They don't breathe very well. There's a DOHC motor in some other cars based on the same design, probably the same bolt pattern..

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 03-12-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock