Started on: 02-05-2008 03:05 AM
Replies: 102
Last post by: fieroX on 02-11-2008 05:53 PM
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Your power of 1/4 mile authority? Just when I thought you couldn't get more arrogant.
I guess the Ryan Ego Storage Facility #32 in Topeka KS finally came online.

haha your hilarious.
I just re-read his sig twice, and realized I read it wrong. Ive only read it once or twice before, but somehow it came through as
" the only fiero running 10's, longitudinally mounted drivetrain, and the handling is pretty good" You know how your brain blocks out the unimportant stuff in a sentence when you read? Well mine happened to block out a couple of important factors, haha. So I apologize for my brain function.
IP: Logged
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:
BTW Amir has all of the pulls on video. Ill see what I can do to get one online.

Tell him to hurry. I wanna see this!

Never mind. I just found the videos in GFC: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/069395.html

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 02-06-2008).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
there was a transverse mounted v8 running faster than any of the longitudinal ones I have seen anyway, so he should have changed his sig years ago.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i know of a 406 on NOS that has posted in the 10 sec bracket....i know i saw him get kicked off the track after his run...lol... and its transversely mounted....and he runs a tranny shop so im pretty sure any accusations of a weak tranny wont fly....all installed in a 88 formula...tim
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

i know of a 406 on NOS that has posted in the 10 sec bracket....i know i saw him get kicked off the track after his run...lol... and its transversely mounted....and he runs a tranny shop so im pretty sure any accusations of a weak tranny wont fly....all installed in a 88 formula...tim

thats the one I was talking about.
big block fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-06-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for big block fieroSend a Private Message to big block fieroDirect Link to This Post
If it is true can someone post this superfiero to the quartermile list for all to see? Is it possible that this is the car whos time wasn't documented and is in question by several pennocks members? I assume this is a non pennocks member so if true I could word this to read "the only pennocks ten second fieros to run tens have a longetudinal transmission", that way the statement is still very bold and gives fiero X his props when he meets his goal.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
its in my flame fest thread "does anyone run 10s transverse", search it.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

So I apologize for my brain function.

I think that brain function is just what makes you who you are there X.

Too bad your not disclosing your track day. It might be worth the trip to Kansas to see a Fiero Break into the 10's.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

I've had a ride in Tony's 406 formula, it was insane. I never heard it broke 10s, thats awesome. On a Getrag 5 speed of all transmissions.
big block fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2008 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for big block fieroSend a Private Message to big block fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

its in my flame fest thread "does anyone run 10s transverse", search it.

I found the one with the automatic tranny (is he a member?) didn't find the one with the getrag (is he a member?). Someone said one of these was unprooven?

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
It was for sure an automatic, it had hand made axles, and was a built th125. We may be confusing some other person...

Looks to me its a guy named Pat...

http://www.v8archie.com/pat.htm
PFF
System Bot
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ryan,great numbers,but I'm afraid they maybe a little short.Had my own dyno day on Wed. and look what we found.This was the second pull,the 3rd was 621HP and 568lbs of torque,but for some reason he didn't save it.So we go with whats on paper.We won't do the final tuning until I get some miles on it.Now you know why its got a roll bar in it.
The next problem is getting to the ground,but as you have seen in the past I think I can do that.
As for those doubters,this is fact not made up.What is it??? LET THE FUN BEGIN. Don

------------------
Too Far
60' - 1.491 sec
1/4 mi - 11.323 sec
mph - 116.40

[This message has been edited by Don Kraus (edited 02-07-2008).]

RichLo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post
for some reason, I think there are going to be a few fiero records broken during this race season....

Im looking forward to seeing everyones progress!

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci 'Mini-Rat' motor
dual stage nitrous injected
built 5-speed getrag

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Don Kraus:

Awesome numbers, Don! I see you're already in the low 11's by your sig. Does your car pass tech for under 12.00 with the roll bar?
If so, do you forsee any problems passing tech for when you go 10's?

It's great to see new ground being broken - as long as Fieros and their drivers aren't getting broken at the same time.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Hey Ryan,great numbers,but I'm afraid they maybe a little short.Had my own dyno day on Wed. and look what we found.This was the second pull,the 3rd was 621HP and 568lbs of torque,but for some reason he didn't save it.So we go with whats on paper.We won't do the final tuning until I get some miles on it.Now you know why its got a roll bar in it.
The next problem is getting to the ground,but as you have seen in the past I think I can do that.
As for those doubters,this is fact not made up.What is it??? LET THE FUN BEGIN. Don

I knew this was in the making and was waiting for it to come out. From what I heard about the build here and there I knew 600HP was going to be no problem. Looks like X will have to settle for 2nd fastest Fiero out there again. I have no doudt Don will go into the 10s on the first few passes.

Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausDirect Link to This Post
Formula88,I'll have the safty equipment needed to pass tech.The roll bar will take me to 10.00,after that parachute.This is going to be a street driven car just like my Aldino was.Hopfully I can go on the Hot Rod power tour again this year,because it ends in Madison Wi.whch is only 30 miles from here. Don
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Nice numbers Don, whats the new setup consist of? Thats definitely a turbo curve.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

fieroX

5234 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Looks like X will have to settle for 2nd fastest Fiero out there again. I have no doudt Don will go into the 10s on the first few passes.

Yeah, but im pretty sure I will be the fastest for awhile. Are them tracks open up there in WI this weekend?

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 02-07-2008).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Formula88,I'll have the safty equipment needed to pass tech.The roll bar will take me to 10.00,after that parachute.This is going to be a street driven car just like my Aldino was.Hopfully I can go on the Hot Rod power tour again this year,because it ends in Madison Wi.whch is only 30 miles from here. Don

Good to know.

If you're gonna play, do it safely and by the rules. When you get to those kinds of speeds a "small mishap" can have dire consequences.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
its not really an option to put a cage in, you just cant run without one and expect to run again, or get a timeslip.
big block fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2008 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for big block fieroSend a Private Message to big block fieroDirect Link to This Post
So it appears that don krause will be at least in the nines to which I assume that it is longitudinal or he has superior knowledge that others are not following. Don krause ----- I noticed that the 10 second transversed fiero "pat" uses dropped rear spindles with heavy duty rear support axle bearings. I don't know what this looks like but you must have something similar. If this setup helps hold the rear tires in alignment wile under load then I want this setup too. Can you share this knowledge or is it kept hidden in a secret fiero laboratory ha, ha.

------------------
the only pennocks fiero's running 10's have longitudinally mounted drivetrain, and the handling is pretty good.

[This message has been edited by big block fiero (edited 02-07-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I don't think its complicated that it takes some 'unknown' information to make that kind of power or to use it for that matter. Build an engine to make the power, build a tranny to take the power, and then make sure the suspension is in good working order.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Once i get my fueling situation figured out, Im not really going for much more power. Im totally satisfied where Im at now. Next project is putting the car on a diet and getting it to 2600 lbs with me in it.

Ive already started on my next go fast project, which is going to be a definite stretch for any Fiero to keep up with. I have a 1973 Formula Firebird, thats getting a T-88 turbo'd 461 pontiac (400 block with 4.25" stroker crank and BBC 6.8" rods), multiport EFI (megasquirt setup) set to run on E85, roller solid cam, Edelbrock heads, the whole 9 yards. Looking for 1100 hp. Im done screwing around :P

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 02-07-2008).]

big block fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2008 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for big block fieroSend a Private Message to big block fieroDirect Link to This Post

I made 477 at 5150 rpm, and ran 124 mph with it hitting the rev limiter in each gear and having to let out for the shift because the tranny was a piece of crap. I was outflowing my maf at aprox 5100 rpm, but it was going to 6400 when it would hit the rev. Just a total waste of time really. My car weighs 2950 with my 200lb ass in there. and I only date skinny girls, If i happen to run into ya on the street

According to your mph you made A MINIMUM of 440 hp on that run.

I am rephrasing my response to this fiero X quote because the word "minimum" should have been added for my response to be more accurate. That 477hp may have been compensating for other driveline inefficiencies. 435 peak hp wouldn't have EVER been enough for 124mph even under perfect conditions. If your set up right and drive well then 440hp can get you to 124mph.

Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausDirect Link to This Post
You guys are right,I'm out there again where no else has tread like I was over 12 years ago when I put in one of the first 3800sc in a Fiero with the 4T65EHD transaxle.

This ,believe or not, will again have the 4T65E HD transaxle buildt up to take up to 1000HP.And it is bolted up to an engine that is not meant to be matched to it,but it is now.

This engine has no boost and no juice(NOS) but its set up so it could be boosted up to an additional 200HP. Any guesses?

It will also have a IMSA body with a GM Goodwrench paint job.That'll make it FASTER.

Don
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

...4T65E HD transaxle buildt up to take up to 1000HP.And it is bolted up to an engine that is not meant to be matched to it,but it is now.

This engine has no boost and no juice(NOS) but its set up so it could be boosted up to an additional 200HP. Any guesses?

LSx... would be my guess. Excellent #'s by the way!

RichLo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post

You guys are right,I'm out there again where no else has tread like I was over 12 years ago when I put in one of the first 3800sc in a Fiero with the 4T65EHD transaxle.

This ,believe or not, will again have the 4T65E HD transaxle buildt up to take up to 1000HP.And it is bolted up to an engine that is not meant to be matched to it,but it is now.

It will also have a IMSA body with a GM Goodwrench paint job.That'll make it FASTER.

Don

SBC??

and X, the local track around here (Rock Falls Raceway) opens April 12 so you have a couple months to hold the title if you make it this weekend... lucky bastard, lol.

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci 'Mini-Rat' motor
built 5-speed getrag

fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
I hope its a V8 car, cause then I will always be able to claim the worlds fastest V6 powered Fiero record. Anyway, sounds fun Don, should be interesting to see how everything comes together in the next couple months before the track opens. Post up some pics or something. Lets check this beast out.
big block fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2008 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for big block fieroSend a Private Message to big block fieroDirect Link to This Post

Once i get my fueling situation figured out, Im not really going for much more power. Im totally satisfied where Im at now. Next project is putting the car on a diet and getting it to 2600 lbs with me in it.

Ive already started on my next go fast project, which is going to be a definite stretch for any Fiero to keep up with. I have a 1973 Formula Firebird, thats getting a T-88 turbo'd 461 pontiac (400 block with 4.25" stroker crank and BBC 6.8" rods), multiport EFI (megasquirt setup) set to run on E85, roller solid cam, Edelbrock heads, the whole 9 yards. Looking for 1100 hp. Im done screwing around :P

My friend eddies build is nearly exactly what you are wanting to build. He runs his pistons in the hole 1/4" for a squishless engine and it seems to run just fine all thou I prefer the reverse deflector piston route. He has many cost savings things that he has done and you would benefit tremendously by talking to him. If your serious I could hook you guys up for a chat.

Mabe he still has his single turbo setup that he could sell you.

[This message has been edited by big block fiero (edited 02-07-2008).]

big block fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for big block fieroSend a Private Message to big block fieroDirect Link to This Post

big block fiero

190 posts
Member since Oct 2006

Don

Lots of displacement or efficient high rpm operation. which is more descriptive?
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
So you're gonna take me for a ride in this beast when I bring my Fiero up there right? Sweet number man very sweet.
PFF
System Bot
Don Kraus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausDirect Link to This Post
Fieroguru gets the gold star,it is a 427-LSX controlled by an aftermarket ECM and a TCM to run the transaxle.

I'll be running coil overs in the back like my Aldino had.Gives me room for bigger tires and takes a good set out of the hole.

Now Ryan,don't go around saying I went to the dark side,I just went with the newest technolagy on the market.

By the way,we just got 20 inches of snow yesterday up here in Wi. so I don't think I can make it to the track ths weekend.I've never gotten good times with snow tires.

Don

[This message has been edited by Don Kraus (edited 02-07-2008).]

GT Quick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by big block fiero:

Ive been to the track twice with my truck. Its a three hour drive and haven't been allowed to run. The track owner says it dosn't fit any santioning body so he wont let it run even after I put in a cage. He has said for me to not bring the fiero either so I street race.

That has GOT TO BE one of the UGLIEST G-D things I have ever seen on the internet. Please kill it. Or out of respect, just don't ever show it in public again. He won't let that thing back on the track because it's so UGLY not because of the speed. Man WTF is wrong with people these days ? UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY x infinity. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RichLo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post

Fieroguru gets the gold star,it is a 427-LSX controlled by an aftermarket ECM and a TCM to run the transaxle.

I'll be running coil overs in the back like my Aldino had.Gives me room for bigger tires and takes a good set out of the hole.

Now Ryan,don't go around saying I went to the dark side,I just went with the newest technolagy on the market.

By the way,we just got 20 inches of snow yesterday up here in Wi. so I don't think I can make it to the track ths weekend.I've never gotten good times with snow tires.

Don

nice v8... I feel low tech now even running an e85 carb on my sig car, I cant wait to get some track times with all of you guys. Don, are you going to come up to rock falls at all this summer? Mine should be ready to race around June.

are you down by that nasty ice storm / snow blizzard that just went through the Chicago area?

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci 'Mini-Rat' motor
built 5-speed getrag

RichLo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLoSend a Private Message to RichLoDirect Link to This Post

RichLo

177 posts
Member since Dec 2007

Originally posted by GT Quick:

That has GOT TO BE one of the UGLIEST G-D things I have ever seen on the internet. Please kill it. Or out of respect, just don't ever show it in public again. He won't let that thing back on the track because it's so UGLY not because of the speed. Man WTF is wrong with people these days ? UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY x infinity. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont get your panties in a bunch, itll beat the sh!t outta your car in a drag race... guarenteed. what more could a REAL guy ask for.

have you ever felt anything more then 120hp in a car?

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
418ci 'Mini-Rat' motor
built 5-speed getrag

GT Quick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2008 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
OMG you've got to be kidding me. You really own this piece ? People speak your mind. Delete the pic PLEASE. MY EYES !!!

You know, faster isn't always better when it looks like rolling junk. And MY GOD if that's the look you're going for then you nailed it.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
well im guessing that since hes in WI and the "truck" has MN plates, its prolly not his. Thanks for the threadjack btw.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT Quick:

OMG you've got to be kidding me. You really own this piece ? People speak your mind. Delete the pic PLEASE. MY EYES !!!

You know, faster isn't always better when it looks like rolling junk. And MY GOD if that's the look you're going for then you nailed it.

Ok, I'll speak my mind... STFU and stop trolling.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

well im guessing that since hes in WI and the "truck" has MN plates, its prolly not his. Thanks for the threadjack btw.

Unfortunately I have the displeasure of living in the same state as this troll. This is the fine example of what happened to the INDY. The same one to claim wheelies, racing, beating, STI's with mods, and so forth.

Stop feeding the troll...................he'll go away
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Unfortunately I have the displeasure of living in the same state as this troll.

hes from TX, the truck is in MN. you get the displeasure of living in the same state as a weird ass truck. haha.

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 02-08-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock