Best brake upgrade with stock wheels? by zmcdonal
Started on: 11-25-2007 10:52 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: antinull.com on 11-30-2007 10:54 PM
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
I know there are a bunch of threads on brake upgrades, and i did a search but could not find exactly what i was looking for. I am looking to upgrade the brakes on my 86 GT project and i am looking for info on the best upgrade that i can do while keeping the stock 15" wheels. Everyone that i have seen usually has larger after market wheels, its not that i love the lace wheels that much, its more a matter of budget lol. It desperately needs new brakes and hopefully it will have an engine swap someday so why replace the brakes with stock equipment now. Any input would be much appreciated. Thank you.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2007 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
megafreakindeth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for megafreakindethSend a Private Message to megafreakindethDirect Link to This Post
all i got is drilled/slotted rotors all round, semi-met pads, ss brake lines, and the s10 brake booster with some dot5 fluid. stops real good, really fast, and my mom can get in and drive it today without complaining. fiero brakes are really good.
brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2007 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post
The lebaron brake upgrade will fit behind stock wheels with a little bit of work.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048271.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-2-063069.html
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
Bump
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brandon87gt:

The lebaron brake upgrade will fit behind stock wheels with a little bit of work.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048271.html
//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-2-063069.html

I suppose that is one of the advantages of the Lebaron set up over the Corvette 12" brake swap. BTW, will the 12" Corvette brakes fit behind a 16" wheel?
pcwentworth

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcwentworthSend a Private Message to pcwentworthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by megafreakindeth:

all i got is drilled/slotted rotors all round, semi-met pads, ss brake lines, and the s10 brake booster with some dot5 fluid. stops real good, really fast, and my mom can get in and drive it today without complaining. fiero brakes are really good.

s10 brake booster ? can you explain, I know there has been tons of threads on brake upgrades but what is the differnce in the s10 booster vs stock?
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comDirect Link to This Post
i got some cross drilled/slotted rotors and carbon metallic pads
they grip alot better then the stock brakes but the slots /drilled rotors make alot of noise

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock