V8 - axles ? by luckesc4vett
Started on: 10-12-2007 05:13 PM
Replies: 49
Last post by: Formula88 on 10-19-2007 12:48 AM
GTCONVERSION

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTCONVERSIONSend a Private Message to GTCONVERSIONDirect Link to This Post
Gt i have a question for you on your # 2 you say the exhuast was junk? What does this mean?
IP: Logged
GT Quick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
I was referring to original design of the V8 exhaust using Sanderson headers. It was too restrictive so I cut out the trunk and redesigned the exhaust since I was pulling the cradle back out anyway.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT Quick:

On the automatic TH125 conversions the rear tranny mounts catch hell because you have a solid angle iron front mount and soft rubber rear mounts. The stabilizer arm is there to control the tranny jump under heavy torque because the tranny mounts are too soft. My harmonic balancer barely cleared the inner frame rail and rubbed on hard takeoffs because of the twisting of the entire assembly but was never a real problem. Just nervous worrying not being familiar with a balancer pulley and all. I just massaged the framerail so it cleared better. The measurements were all correct by the way. I was just noting that the engine and tranny assembly, in some cases, may have to be moved over slightly which in the end may cause the outcome of the longer axle being needed. The rear tranny mounts will twist alot and might cause the front to twist with it.

Wait a minute, Did you not state in the other thread that you went against the advice of Archie and numerous others about semi-soft vs. hard mounting????
So if you had problems due to the way it was mounted and you ignored the advice of others about this particular point, How is it Archie's fault???

GT Quick

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2007 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.......but reverse the problem/solution and you are correct. I was told I didn't need solid mounts and that the factory ones would work. They didn't work so I built my own semi-solid ones. I never said "it's so-and-so's fault" it just would have been nice if solids mounts were a required or included part of the kit since they had such an improvement on the situation. But at that point the combination of my own mods solved my problems.......was it the relocation of the arm or the solid mount by itself ? Or both ? Would that have stabilized the factory axle from spinning out ? Maybe. But the cradle was now out of the car with the longer axle on the way. So did I need a longer axle or not ? It seems I did but was it because of the jumping of the engine/tranny or twisting of the K member ? I don't know but my point in all this is that either of theses factors can relate to the tripot spinning out of its houseing as I explained above. But none of these scenarios are open to the builder of the kit, because I must have installed it wrong since none of this other stuff could ever happen right ?

Go back to the basics. The original post was "will I need longer axles for my swap". The answer might not be "yes, always" but the answer is not "no, never either". The builder of the kit says "yes if you install the kit wrong" which I am chiming in and stating why I felt the axle was spinning out of the tripot. It has nothing to do with my mechanical skills, which by the way, are good enough to get a 350 in a Fiero. Or an LT1 in a PT Cruiser, or a 572 in a Nova (clearing the strut towers too) or etc etc etc. So when someone tells me flat out to my face that I installed the kit wrong when I know I didn't, I'm going to take up for myself. Sorry but that's just me. does that make me a "negative". I hope not. I feel like I can really help alot of people here.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

You don't want to identifty yourself because then I could look up facts about your case & read my notes from phone conversations we might have had. You also don't want to identifty yourself because you've been on this forum before under another name & people would know that you weren't truthful in your 1st post.

Brian Olsovsky
Yorktown, TX 78164

Inv. #2003 Date 1-5-02 Economy Automatic kit W/O A/C mount $ 925.00

Inv. #2178 Date 6-12-02 4 Core Automatic Radiator $ 350.00

Formerly PFF sn 80s Boy

Archie
GT Quick

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2007 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
Ummm close but, no. I bought parts from 80's boy when he had his Fiero and he's in 78164. I bought his sunroof when he went Targa. I'm in 78124 S.A. which is close. What's your obsession with finding people again ? EDIT: I've just about had it out of you Archie with your accusations and everything. I am no longer posting anything that has anything to do with your kits. They are junk and a gimmick and I hope the people that buy them experience the same primitive problems that I had. I am offering no assistance with V8's any longer. Whatever dude.

[This message has been edited by GT Quick (edited 10-18-2007).]

GT Quick

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2007 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post

GT Quick

205 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Oh and Archie if you were half as smart trying to finds out people's names who no longer even own Fieros including myself, then maybe you could 'bless" the Fiero community with some answers to my previous post about my resolution to your problems where you accuse me of not installing the kit right. You can't because you know it is true. I fixed problems you chose not to jsut to squeeze a V8 into a Fiero. I dare you to answer, step by step, my problems and what you think you can do to improve on them. Because face it like you said one time....the typical Fiero swapper won't know the difference. Isn't that right ? That's why you always expect Fiero V8 swaps to go bad because you expect that those people won't demand the quality that your kit lacks.

To all the people doing V8 swaps beware. Try not to bother this man or you'll get scolded. Try to do it yourself and you'll get the cold shoulder. Archie gets your money and then tries to prove you to be a liar or a punk. I'm over it. Buyer beware. My name ? Never. Soak on it you tweed.

[This message has been edited by GT Quick (edited 10-18-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Ummm close but, no. I bought parts from 80's boy when he had his Fiero and he's in 78164. I bought his sunroof when he went Targa. I'm in 78124 S.A. which is close. What's your obsession with finding people again ? EDIT: I've just about had it out of you Archie with your accusations and everything. I am no longer posting anything that has anything to do with your kits. They are junk and a gimmick and I hope the people that buy them experience the same primitive problems that I had. I am offering no assistance with V8's any longer. Whatever dude.

Oh and Archie if you were half as smart trying to finds out people's names who no longer even own Fieros including myself, then maybe you could 'bless" the Fiero community with some answers to my previous post about my resolution to your problems where you accuse me of not installing the kit right. You can't because you know it is true. I fixed problems you chose not to jsut to squeeze a V8 into a Fiero. I dare you to answer, step by step, my problems and what you think you can do to improve on them. Because face it like you said one time....the typical Fiero swapper won't know the difference. Isn't that right ? That's why you always expect Fiero V8 swaps to go bad because you expect that those people won't demand the quality that your kit lacks.

To all the people doing V8 swaps beware. Try not to bother this man or you'll get scolded. Try to do it yourself and you'll get the cold shoulder. Archie gets your money and then tries to prove you to be a liar or a punk. I'm over it. Buyer beware. My name ? Never. Soak on it you tweed.

Hmmmm, you're editing your posts faster than I can quote them.

Almost looks like I hit a soft spot by by finding your name & former PFF I.D.

Let's see, you claim to live at 78124 which is only 70 miles from where Brian Olsovsky AKA "80s Boy" lived in 2002.

I find that kind of funny because Brian Olsovsky AKA "80s Boy" is the only person who's ever bought a custom made right side automatic axle from me.

Invoice #2149 Date 5-22-02 "Right side axle for Automatic 1" Longer than stock" $80.00 + $15.00 shipping.

Yet you, while claiming that you're not 80s Boy, have made countless claims that you bought just such an axle from me.

Me thinkz uz bez 80s Boy.

What does all that prove? It proves that you've been lying straight up ever since your 1st post where you claimed to be a newbe here & unfamiliar with who was on this forum & how the ratings system worked. After all weren't you booted of by the rating system as 80s Boy?

It's no wonder you have hidden your identy all along. If you had given the truth about who you were, they could have searched out your past posts & behavior & known that you were full of from the beginning.

So as it turns out, you were a returning troll from the beginning.

Glad you could stop by.

Archie
GT Quick

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
Enough of you. I've reported you to Mr. Pennock. Have fun with that as well as your theories.

Sincerely,

GT Quick

Marion, Texas

Nobody said I ever bought the kit when I lived there, azzhole. Don't be so stupid Archie. Address the problems in your kit, THEN go bashing people. It will be far more productive for your so called business.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2007 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
A quick search turned up a couple different 80's Boy screen names.

80s BOY
Date Registered: 03-19-2004
Total Posts: 165
Current Email: briano@cuerohosp.org
Homepage: http://
Interests: HuntingCausing trouble. How am I doing ? Rate me ***** . LOL.....
User Banned with 61 Ratings

80's BOY
Date Registered: 02-25-2000
Total Posts: 1381
Current Email: squirrellsack@yahoo.com
Homepage: http://
Interests: street racing
User Banned with 340 ratings

Here's GT Quick telling us a bit about his swap: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086561.html

Originally posted by GT Quick:.
The install of the oil filter relocator was suboptimal at best. I was told to install some caps and "grind them down" flush for clearance. Why do this when many companies like Aeroquip and Russell make great products for this application ? I know there's not a ton of relocator kits out there but would it also be not too much to ask to have a gasket made for the swap instead of having to "cut your own" out of gasket material ?? I chose to countersink my bolts to gain clearance and ordered some caps from Summit to modify the kit.

And here's one by 80's BOY talking about part of his swap: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020825-2-022620.html

Originally posted by 80's BOY:.
i used Archie's method but made some changes. on the Moroso part, i plugged it with a flush allen-type plug from ARP products. i then plumbed the elbow as noted in the video and picked up the tap out of the block for the other line. the problem was that even the BOLT HEADS were too large, so i machined the Moroso bolt holes and countersunk two allen-type screws to gain that 1/16th clearance needed for the starter to engage. but everything is still leaking around the Moroso relocator part. i have the rubber gasket in place inside the block, and made a felt gasket to replace the outer rubber o-ring. what gives ?? still leaking as we speak.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock