3100 v6 engine swap by redneck56
Started on: 10-24-2006 01:14 PM
Replies: 219
Last post by: redneck56 on 05-09-2007 12:56 AM
redneck56

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
HI No will rev to 6000 and will idle at 750 to 850 for got to put on good ground wires
l put on 4 to all the main points
and did not have the mas air flow on tight
Yes i did put the 4t60e in. l put the hole thing in as one .lt made it just easy and i liked the 4sp auto for the long drives
l did use the wiring from the doner car
lt all fit very nice. And the power is just great . drive at 35 and stomp the pedle and it just jumps and sets you back in
your seat and your at 75 in about a block what a ride love it
P.S. I did have a lot of help from this form
IP: Logged
Toaster_Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManDirect Link to This Post
If you don't mind me asking… Minus the cost of the 3100 and 4speed, what did it cost to get this setup in the car and drivable? This engine and transmission combination might fall into my lap, and I'm trying to come up with a realistic budget for the install.

------------------

Don't look now, but I think the idiots have taken over the asylum.

AIM: JSAL86

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toaster_Man:

If you don't mind me asking… Minus the cost of the 3100 and 4speed, what did it cost to get this setup in the car and drivable? This engine and transmission combination might fall into my lap, and I'm trying to come up with a realistic budget for the install.

I partook in a similar 3100 swap with 1994 vintage components and I think it might have been $150-200 for all the extras you don't think about like new fluids and fastners and filters and filler necks and some new hoses to match up and the like. How much extra you pay really depends on what YOU can do. If you can't work on CV axle mixing and matching to get the correct length, count on paying. If you can't fabricate enough to make a dogbone bracket or substitute, plan on paying. If you can't cut the decklid for alternator clearance or fabricate a low mount alternator bracket (what I did) plan on paying.
If you don't have a donor car, plan on paying more.

Its up to you how much it costs....

Good Luck!
Kurt
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
No problem Toaster_Man just about 300$
For all the small stuft like KurtAKX said .lf you read most of the post i did all of the fabrication my self

KurtAKX has a very good point if you have all of those parts. very easy. l found the axle mixing and matching
to the correct length some what of a problem but i did a lot of searching
and found all the axle parts and it worked .
l did pay 100$ to have new a/c lines made from the 3100 a/c to the fiero lines
my a/c on the fiero was bad so went with the 3100 a/c

Toaster_Man if l can help or more ????? just let me know
Good luck
Toaster_Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, that is exactly what I needed to know. I'm very mechanically inclined and I consider the Fiero a hobby (a hobby that just so happens to be my daily driver too), so I would definitely try to do as much of it myself as possible. I didn't buy a Fiero (and another Fiero...and then another Fiero) because I can do everything, but because I want to learn to do everything.

------------------

Don't look now, but I think the idiots have taken over the asylum.

AIM: JSAL86

redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
No problem glad i could help out some .. later
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
is it just black or an off black the trunk in side ?????????
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
paint
Toaster_Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManDirect Link to This Post
I knew I had seen a thread about this awhile back, but for some reason I couldn't find it last time I looked. There isn't exactly an easy answer, but this should get you pretty close.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078773.html
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Toaster_Man that was the thread i had seen and could not find it .
That will help with my trunk to get it painted when it warms up just a little 62* in shop just to cold to
paint right now . will get it all ready to paint
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
Waiting to to get the paint
cut and finshed

PFF
System Bot
Toaster_Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster_ManSend a Private Message to Toaster_ManDirect Link to This Post
Ha, I'd kill to be able to work on my Fiero in 62* shop. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a lot before I get any painting done.
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
ya when the cold come things just slows bown
was going to pull the trunk lid off this weekend
but will have to wait to put a motor in my 96 jeep grand cherokee
there is allwas somthing to keep you from having fun
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
next my fiero 86 4 speed man to 4 speed auto
4 speed man will not shift right so it will come out
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
all new clutch bearing master cluch cyl snd clutch lines sll most on side to get air out so im
going to swap tran to 4 sp auto
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2007 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
ln 3 weeks my 86 will have a 4sp auto the the 4 sp man just not worth the trouble
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
looks like the weather and cold got the best of me will wait till spring or when i can get the car out of the snow
GPXSS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GPXSSClick Here to visit GPXSS's HomePageSend a Private Message to GPXSSDirect Link to This Post
Question on your swap.. what did you do for a dogbone mount, or did you even use one? Also, did you glass the trunk lid after you clearanced it for the alternator, or is that steel?
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
HI for the dogbone l made one that just fit will get the camera out and get a pic up
2? I did both l pop rivet it in and then glass over it to keep the strength
l have about 1/6 th from the belt to the mount
more info if needed or pic and THANKS GPXSS
redneck56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2007 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for redneck56Send a Private Message to redneck56Direct Link to This Post
This is how l did my dogbone
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock