'Y' pipe restrictions.? by Quickster
Started on: 06-26-2006 01:30 PM
Replies: 66
Last post by: project34 on 03-25-2007 07:30 AM
Quickster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post
I've been hearing a-lot about the restrictions within the 'Y' pipe on a 2.8. I've never noticed it/them. Would someone enlighten me and if this is true, what can you do about it? Does someone make a non-restrictive 'Y' ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
the restriction is where the 2 pipes come together. the 2 input pipes get squeezed to a "D" shape. this is the restriction. they lose a good 10-15% of their potential volume when they get squished from a "O" to a "D"
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
from my inspection the above post is correct, the factory 1.25" pipes are jammed together at the Y part of it, into a .75" D shape, thus loosing alot of flow, i made a custom Y on mine that dumpes the factory 1.25" pipes into a 2.25" Y and down to a 2.25" downpipe and it made a HUGE seat of the pants feel and the engine appears to rev up alittle quicker.

if a company would make a y-pipe with 1.5 or 1.75" primary's with a 2.25" downpipe i think they would sell very well for the 60* performance fiero market.

matthew
Quickster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post
Anyone out there have any contacts where I could get one of these or have connections on who makes em'??
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store has some after market ones listed. You'd have to ask them if they are made without the restriction. I assume they are. You can call them at 1-800-343-7648.

I got mine cut and re-done by a local hotrod fabricator. It does have to be done by somebody who does custom exhausts. If they are out even a couple of degrees it will cause you alot of headaches. You really can't believe it once you've seen the inside of those pipes.

Arn
Quickster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post
Thought I wouldn't? Wrote the fiero store and I'm waiting a response.....We'll see....!
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store ones are stock "Y" pipes that are coated. There is no mods done to flow.
Taking them to an exhaust shop is the easiest way. Costs around $50 for them to cut, correct, and reweld.
I do suggest having an extar stock "Y" pipe as a guide for them to use for the spacing and angles or have them remove, mod and re-install the "Y" pipe.
Although having them do the removal and installation may add to the cost.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quickster:

Thought I wouldn't? Wrote the fiero store and I'm waiting a response.....We'll see....!

I find writing letters isn't real good for info from any retailer. I'd call, but, again Oreif is not steering you wrong.

Arn

Quickster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post
Oops! I meant called them up and left a message........
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Oreif said: The Fiero Store ones are stock "Y" pipes that are coated. There is no mods done to flow.

The Fiero Store does sell coated stock Y-pipes. But they also sell aftermarket Y-pipes. I have one of their aftermarket Y-pipes. The joint where the two smaller pipes meet is completely different from stock. It resembles a collector on a racing header.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 06-27-2006).]

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

The Fiero Store ones are stock "Y" pipes that are coated. There is no mods done to flow.
Taking them to an exhaust shop is the easiest way. Costs around $50 for them to cut, correct, and reweld.
I do suggest having an extar stock "Y" pipe as a guide for them to use for the spacing and angles or have them remove, mod and re-install the "Y" pipe.
Although having them do the removal and installation may add to the cost.

yep, that's about what it cost me and that included simple grinding of the manifolds as well...
PFF
System Bot
3800superfast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:
yep, that's about what it cost me and that included simple grinding of the manifolds as well...

Not trying to steal the thread--I need to have this done also, are you guys using places like Midas, Tuffy , Meinke, ect---or small local shops..? Is there any template or formula, one should ask for before taking the y-pipe there.. Thanks..

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3800superfast:

Not trying to steal the thread--I need to have this done also, are you guys using places like Midas, Tuffy , Meinke, ect---or small local shops..? Is there any template or formula, one should ask for before taking the y-pipe there.. Thanks..

normally a shop that will do this advertises "Custom Exhaust" on the sign or building somewhere
most chains are hit-n-miss, some do, some dont. I've noticed Tuffy to be the most flexable around here
88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaDirect Link to This Post
If you're trying to do it yourself and don't have another handy to compare for the angles, there is a cheap and dirty work around. Cut the y-pipe junction (right where the pipes join) at an angle (a 14" abrasive cut off saw works well) so you have an oval cross section. The oval will only mate back up at the original angle. Remove (cut or grind) out the obstructions, try to give a smooth transition, then weld it back up.

I did it this way, seems to work well. I did it while rebuilding engine from 2.8 to 3.2 along with a bunch of other mods so can't isolate any gains specific to this mod.

------------------
88 Formula, Stock T-Tops, 4spd/auto, 3.2 V6, balanced, 9.5 comp ratio, roller chain, roller tip rockers, H260 cam, Darrell Morse throttle body, 19lb injectors, Trueleo intake, Spintech muffler, K&N , White 16" GTZ wheels

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2006 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
I went to a machine shop, not an exhaust shop.

I'll have mine for sale in about a month after I install headers and a 2.5" exhaust.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
I've an `86 with a mildly modified 3.4, and almost new Sprint exhaust manifolds. Like the originator of this thread, I'm also interested in knowing if someone makes a non-restrictive Y-pipe that I can use.

Earlier in this thread, an "aftermarket Y-pipe" purchased from The Fiero Store was described in 2006 as "resembles a collector on a racing header." That sounded very encouraging. However, that's not the case with the descriptions for the two types of "crossover pipe" that The Fiero Store currently carries.

The uncoated one (PN # 63721) for `85s through `87s is described as "Aftermarket stock replacement crossover pipe that connects the two manifolds to the catalytic converter pipe. Nuts are not welded to the headpipe connection."

The key word there is "stock." That doesn't suggest improved flow to me.

The coated one (PN # 63721C) is described as "This new aftermarket crossover pipe is heat coated inside and out to enhance exhaust flow, reduce underhood temperatures, improve appearance and reduce the chance of cracking. Nuts are not welded to the headpipe connection."

There, it seems the coating is the feature, rather than an improved design of Y-pipe.

So regardless of whether or not The Fiero Store once had an unrestrictive Y-pipe before, it doesn't sound like they have one now. Accordingly, does anybody know of someone who DOES make an unrestrictive Y-pipe that would work with my Sprints? (Yes, I know Trueleo sells a Y-pipe, but they apparently do so only in conjunction with their own headers, and I already have almost new Sprints on my car. Also, if I can avoid it, I'm not very interested in personally altering the stock Y-pipe that is on my car, nor in having someone locally do that.)
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
The one that I bought from the Fiero Store is part number 63721. If you look at the enlarged photo, you'll see the "looks like a header collector" junction. The junction is a separate piece that the three pipes plug into, unlike the stock Y-pipe that has the inlet pipes squashed and crammed into the downpipe.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

I've an `86 with a mildly modified 3.4, and almost new Sprint exhaust manifolds. Like the originator of this thread, I'm also interested in knowing if someone makes a non-restrictive Y-pipe that I can use.

Earlier in this thread, an "aftermarket Y-pipe" purchased from The Fiero Store was described in 2006 as "resembles a collector on a racing header." That sounded very encouraging. However, that's not the case with the descriptions for the two types of "crossover pipe" that The Fiero Store currently carries.

The uncoated one (PN # 63721) for `85s through `87s is described as "Aftermarket stock replacement crossover pipe that connects the two manifolds to the catalytic converter pipe. Nuts are not welded to the headpipe connection."

The key word there is "stock." That doesn't suggest improved flow to me.

The coated one (PN # 63721C) is described as "This new aftermarket crossover pipe is heat coated inside and out to enhance exhaust flow, reduce underhood temperatures, improve appearance and reduce the chance of cracking. Nuts are not welded to the headpipe connection."

There, it seems the coating is the feature, rather than an improved design of Y-pipe.

So regardless of whether or not The Fiero Store once had an unrestrictive Y-pipe before, it doesn't sound like they have one now. Accordingly, does anybody know of someone who DOES make an unrestrictive Y-pipe that would work with my Sprints? (Yes, I know Trueleo sells a Y-pipe, but they apparently do so only in conjunction with their own headers, and I already have almost new Sprints on my car. Also, if I can avoid it, I'm not very interested in personally altering the stock Y-pipe that is on my car, nor in having someone locally do that.)

Sorry but ours wont help since we moved the collectors to get better flow for # 5 and 6 cylinders. I would suggest that you get your hands on another stock Y pipe (if you need to keep your car on the road) and make simple jig from flat steel stock (any hardware store) bend it and drill holes in it so you can bolt the Y pipe to it at the two header connecting points and the lower flange. Now you can take it to a muffler shop and have them cut out the restive Y and weld a better one in its'1place, be wise to also up the dia of the down pipe (lowest). If you bring to them the Y on a jig they will be more receptive of doing it for you since they wont have to worry as much about getting it right. If you cant comprehend the jig send me an email and I'll draw it for you.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

3800superfast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
DR has one opened up in his build thread to give you an idea...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/072303.html
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
3800superfast, I think I found the photo of the stock Y-pipe restriction you mentioned. I think it's in the the "before" part of the pictures in Dodgerunner's 8th post on the 2nd page of the thread you mentioned above. If so, that "before" picture of the Y-pipe is a real eye opener. What a restriction! That's HUGE!

Francis T, I appreciate your candor in pointing out that the Trueleo Y-pipe won't work with my Sprint exhaust manifolds. However, as I mentioned in my post above, I'm not interested in personally machining the stock Y-pipe that is on my car, nor in having someone locally machine it. Nonetheless, you get points for being honest about the Trueleo Y-pipe. Thank you.

Blacktree, in regard to the pictures in The Fiero Store's on-line catalog, after I looked more closely at the junction of their uncoated Y-pipe (PN 67321), I now see why you say it "looks like a header collector." In contrast, however, the Y-pipe's junction that is shown in their photo of their coated Y-pipe (PN 67321C), doesn't look like a header collector. That just seems odd that they wouldn't use the same Y-pipe for both the uncoated and coated versions of their Y-pipe.

More worrisome, however, is that in their on-line catalog, they describe as "stock" the uncoated Y-pipe that Blacktree mentions, even though the Y-pipe's junction in their photo DOES look like a header collector. Now maybe The Fiero Store just needs better ad copy, but that "stock" description in their write-up doesn't build my confidence in their Y-pipe being unrestricted (something they DON'T say) . This is especially true in light of the pictures that 3800superfast referenced, the ones that clearly show the HUGE restriction in the stock Y-pipe.

Does anybody know if the internals of The Fiero Store's uncoated Y-pipe are in fact, NOT "stock," but unrestricted?

Alternately, does anyobody know of someone else who sells an unrestricted Y-pipe that will work with my Sprint exhaust manifolds?

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Quickster, check your PMs
PFF
System Bot
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
project34, Don`t know off hand who sells them --if at all to fit your headers--but it would be worth running an ad here and in the mall to see if you can get someone to build it for you--lots of talent here on the forum.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Have you looked at WCF's y-pipe? It looks pretty unrestrictive to me.
Quickster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post
Francis,...I checked my PM....Found nothing....
Quickster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuicksterSend a Private Message to QuicksterDirect Link to This Post

Quickster

828 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Also........went to WCF site and also found nothing regarding 'Y' pipes.......??
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
try this......its listed under "Headers"

http://www.westcoastfiero.c...rs/2_8_manifold.html
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
3800superfast, placing an ad in PFF for someone to make an unrestrictive Y-pipe is an interesting idea. However, I'm hoping that won't be necessary as I think my Sprint exhaust manifolds have the same critical installation dimensions as do the stock V-6 exhaust manifolds. For example, in a 1997 article from Fiero Focus titled, "Installing Sprint Racing Headers on a V-6," the author stated "no modifications to the existing exhaust system was needed."

That's why I'm thinking that surely SOMEBODY already sells an unrestrictive Y-pipe that would fit my application.

rjblaze, thanks for the link you've provided here to WCF's "Exhaust Y-pipe for 2.8 Fiero V-6 engines." Maybe we're looking at different things in the Y-pipe, but based on the angle at which WCF took their picture of it that I see when I first open up that link you've provided, I myself find it difficult to tell if WCF's Y-pipe junction is restrictive or not.

Maybe the bigger, more worrisome issue here is that oddly, like The Fiero Store, WCF also DOESN'T describe their Y-pipe design as "less restrictive" -- which you think would be a big, big selling point --- especially given the HUGE restriction at the junction of the Fiero's stock Y-pipe.

Doesn't ANYBODY claim they sell a less restrictive Y-pipe that would fit stock exhaust manifolds (or my Sprints, which have the same installation dimensions as the stock exhaust manifolds)?
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
http://www.westcoastfiero.c...aders_installed.html

You can see the WCF y-pipe in a couple of other angles here, installed along with headers. Personally I can't tell if it's just as restrictive, seeing how I have no eye for that, but I hope this helps
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
Moleman, thanks for the link showing photos of WCF's Y-pipe taken from a different angle.

Like you, I admit to not having a good eye for knowing if a Y-pipe is restrictive based on a photo of it from the outside. For example, judgementally I'd say the WCF Y-pipe shown in the first photo of your post looks fairly unrestrictive. But now compare that Y-pipe with one in another WCF photo. Please click on the link that rjblaze provided a few posts earlier in this thread. It shows WCF's "Exhaust Y-pipe for 2.8 V6 Fiero engines." Then click on "installed view" and look at the Y-pipe in that photo.

The Y-pipe in that photo ALSO looks fairly unrestrictive, at least from the outside. But now look more closely at WCF's text underneath that photo. The second sentence states, "Shown above, the new manifold is connected to the stock Fiero Y-pipe."

Now we already know that the stock Fiero Y-pipe is very restrictive, but that isn't obvious when I see this WCF photo of it from the outside. Accordingly, I'm hesitant to believe that the junction of WCF's Y-pipe is an unrestrictive one, because in photos it looks as unrestrictive from the outside as does the stock Fiero Y-pipe, and we already know the stock Fiero Y-pipe is VERY restrictive on the inside.

If someone can assure us by looking at a photo of the outside of a Y-pipe that its INSIDE is unrestrictive, please share your insights as to how to do that. (I'm not saying it can't be done, only that I don't know how.)
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2007 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Since I own one of the Fiero Store Y-pipes, I've had the opportunity to closely inspect it. However, I haven't had the chance to chop one up and look inside. And I'm not about to do that to mine! However...

I think a couple details about the Fiero Store's aftermarket Y-pipe are pretty telling. First of all, the junction (I'll call it the collector) is a separate piece. Plus, the hole in the collector for the two inlet pipes is a "figure eight" shape. The two pipes sit side-by-side in the collector, not mashed together. In contrast, the stock Y-pipe has those two pipes smashed together to fit a round hole in the downpipe. So I think it's safe to assume that it does not have the same restriction as the stock unit.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 03-02-2007).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2007 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Just thought I'd pass this along; I'm making two Y pipes for those Sprint headers as per request from this thread. We may add them to our products if they dont turn out to be too much of PIA. Thus far I had to make one special jig. I'll post some pictures when they are done. Using 2" from headers to Y and then 2" for down pipe on one and 2.5" down pipe on the other. Both will have a Y with a nice angle.
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2007 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
this is a little out of focus, but u can see the D

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2007 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
Jncomutt, that shot looks very similar to the nasty restriction in the stock Y-pipe captured in the "before" part of Dodgerunner's "before versus after" Y-pipe photos. They appear in the 8th post on the 2nd page of the thread 3800superfast mentioned above.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

Just thought I'd pass this along; I'm making two Y pipes for those Sprint headers as per request from this thread. We may add them to our products if they dont turn out to be too much of PIA. Thus far I had to make one special jig. I'll post some pictures when they are done. Using 2" from headers to Y and then 2" for down pipe on one and 2.5" down pipe on the other. Both will have a Y with a nice angle.

Now that's what I call actively creating a product to meet a market's need.
I'm a big fan of your current headers and Y pipe. I still don't have my car back, but when I get it, I will dyno it with the stock grinded logs and ported Y pipe. I own your headers and will probably put those on a few months after that and dyno it again.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
lou, you can save yourself a little $$ and time.

I ported my log manifolds, and the Y pipe. It helps a little, but the inherent design is so flawed, you'll find you are spending your money on something that won't be satisfying in the end. The dyno cost, plus the shop costs and welding costs could be put to a better system. That is my advice which you can take or leave.

I find the ported stock pipes do improve a bit, but if I had to do it again, I wouldn't bother with them. The log manifolds actually hurt performance even ported.

Just my .02

Arn
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2007 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Got one 2"dia Y pipe almost done, tach-welded and ended up going with a nice figure 8 (one pipe on top of the other} then back down to one pipe at a nice low angle. Had to make another jig and have it connected to two stock headers to make sure it fits. Whereas some folks have 2.5" exhaust I was going to make the lower section 2.5 (still might) if can get it to fit the stock 2 bolt flange. I have to add the EGR, O2 and decide on that flange tue and will take some pics and see what folks think.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

lou, you can save yourself a little $$ and time.

I ported my log manifolds, and the Y pipe. It helps a little, but the inherent design is so flawed, you'll find you are spending your money on something that won't be satisfying in the end. The dyno cost, plus the shop costs and welding costs could be put to a better system. That is my advice which you can take or leave.

I find the ported stock pipes do improve a bit, but if I had to do it again, I wouldn't bother with them. The log manifolds actually hurt performance even ported.

Just my .02

Arn

My money was spent along time ago. Just haven't had the car in my possession to do anything with.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
For replacement of the stock or Sprint Y pipe, this is what I came up with: It's 2"dia throughout, the two upper pipes sit one on top of the other in a figure 8 and are not cut into a D. The upper one on the left actually has a curve to it though the view makes look strait where goes into the Y. Still have to clean it up some and do a few minor fixes, but I think this one will flow quite well. Next one will have 2" uppers and 2.5 lower.

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
Francis T, if you can do this, it might be very instructive to show here two photos of essentially the same size, and taken at the same angle, which would provide a visual comparison of :
1. Your Y-pipe (using something like the topmost photo of your previous post) versus
2. The stock Fiero Y-pipe
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Francis.....that puppy looks like it will flow a ton.........any idea on price?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock