Build Thread....I think :) by Soelasca
Started on: 10-20-2004 11:26 PM
Replies: 170
Last post by: Silicoan86 on 12-16-2007 08:04 PM
Flyguyeddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyDirect Link to This Post
i hear people talking about having to get a brake upgrade when they go with these different control arms. can you use the 11.25 upgrade when you go with these control arms or is this a no-no?

is the 12" corvette upgrade better anyway?

sorry to hijack...

IP: Logged
Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
WIth this suspension package I don't see why you couldn't use your stock rotors, brakes and tires. I didn't really focus too much on answering that question since I had plans on upgrading the brakes and tires from the start. The only reason you'll need bigger rims is to accomodate the larger rotors if you upgrade your brakes.

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
So tonight I had a friend come over to help me start putting the front suspension together. I don't know a whole lot about suspension so I figured I'd get someone to help me who knows about the dos and don'ts.

Here's a picture of the crossmember without the control arms from the passenger side. I plan on mounting everything for a test fit then removing it all and doing the final cleaning and paint touch ups before final assembly.

Here's the driver's side with the lower control arm mounted.

Now here's where the project halts. When I talked to Darrel at RCC he said that I'd have to grind the spring perches to fit into the top of the spring towers. After reading the instructions and comparing them to the product they leave a lot to be desired. (I would suspect that the installation instructions have never been revised but the product has been a few times.)

Anyways, if you look at the following pictures you'll see that in order to get the spring perch to fit I'm going to have to remove the entire shoulder of that perch and grind a CONSIDERABLE amount of metal from the top. I'm forwarding these pictures to Darrel and see what type of response I get. I'm actually still waiting for a response from my ORIGINAL question about the fit of the lower control arm.

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Wow

That does look like you will have to remove a considerable amount of material to make it fit. When it's been cut out, what will hold the top in place?

Sour

ato4life

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ato4lifeSend a Private Message to ato4lifeDirect Link to This Post
wow. i wish i was home to school and start on my car after seeing this. you are like reading my mind with eerything i want to do. love the attention to detail you have also.
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2004 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
wow is right on the spring perches, please let us know what you dig up!

thanks!
jeff

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
Haven't dug up anything so far. Sent an email to 2 different addresses at RCC. Hopefully they'll get back to me by the end of the week.

To be honest, I don't have a good feeling about the situation. I imagine I'll just go ahead and butcher the mounts they supplied and make my own.

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post

Soelasca

455 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Received my shocks and struts from WCF today, along with the rear transmission mount.

Here's a few pictures.

The struts

The shocks

A couple of pictures of the tranny mounts installed. The mounting holes in the cradle haven't been egged yet. I just figured I'd take a few pictures of them in place with the transmission brackets beforehand.

I also received an email from Darrel at RCC. Apparently the shoulder on their spring perches is just there for a couple of screw to go through to make sure the shocks don't fall out when the car is on a hoist. Therefore I can butcher them in anyway I see fit. From the looks of things I'll just have to grind down the sides of the shoulders to make it fit. I measured the difference in fit sizes tonight. The spring perch on the shocks is 4-3/4" and the hole they're supposed to fit into is roughly 4-1/2". It'll be a touch and go process. I'll have lots of pictures to help out the next gu who does this (which may just be me)

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I sure appreciate the effort that you are going to in order to document the work you are doing. I'd give you another plus but I can't. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing your solution for the front coil-overs.

Sour

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2004 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
As recommended, I ordered a GM clutch slave cylinder today. I had no idea that it'd cost $210 Canadian!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, it should be here in a couple of weeks.

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2004 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
Well, I went to town with a grinder and a blow torch....oh...all right. I just used a grinder on the spring perches tonight.

Believe it or not, the one spring perch I ground down didn't require that much butchering to fit.

On the left is the spring perch I ground to fit. On the right is the spring perch that is untouched

Here's how it looks sitting in the crossmember. The pictures in the instructions show the gap in the metal shoulder as facing inwards. I'm pretty sure that's how I'll mount mine as well. They look kinda dorky with that space facing outwards.

[This message has been edited by Soelasca (edited 12-09-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
Pulled out the spindles from my '84 today. To my surprise they're actually in good condition. That's gonna save me some time and hassle. I thought these ones were gonna be just as screwed as my original ones. So I guess tomorrow I'll be cleaning them up and see if I can't put a coat of POR-15 on them.
Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2005 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
Well, a few things have happened over the holidays.

Some more grinding on the front coilover shocks. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed with the amount of grinding that had to happen to the mounts. I feel they could've been made smalled, leaving less to grind. I am no stranger to grinding / fabrication and it took me well over 3 hours to grind both mounts to fit.

Here's a picture of my niece doing some grinding for me.

I placed the front coilover shocks in the control arms and got the spindle mounted in to see how they fit. I don't have a picture, but noticed the shock bottomed out fairly quick. I hope this doesn't pose a problem, but I'll know more once I get it together and on the ground.

With xmas, my girlfriend bought me a nice new snap on compressor. ( HUGE GRIN ). We ended up doing some shuffling in the garage and moved all of her woodworking equipment into the other bay. This gave me the opportunity to turn the car sideways in the two bays.

Here's a couple of pictures of the process.

1. Removal of the trunk and hood

2. Hooking up the front end to the crane.

not the safest rigging in the world, but it held without any problems

3. Once the car was turned sideways I got it up on jackstands. I did this procedure with my '84 when I removed the engine cradle. The big difference was I never had the front end apart. DANGER!!! With the front end apart and the whole car on jackstands the center of gravity is right in front of the engine cradle. The car was very tipsy just before this picture. I removed the rear tires and battery and placed them on the front of the car just to make the setup relatively safe.

4. The disconnection of the engine. You can see the wiring harness, air intake and shift cables tucked up on the left.

The mounts aren't disconnected yet, but it's ready to go.

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2005 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post

Soelasca

455 posts
Member since Sep 2004
5. The engine cradle dropped on the ground. As you can see I didn't properly drain the coolant. A slightly messy mistake

6. THe car wasn't jacked high enough to slip the cradle out from underneath it so we had to lift the rear of the car. With the front of the car being on on jackstands we decided it wasn't wise to keep it like that so we put the front crossmember on some tires. MUCH safer.

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2005 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post

Soelasca

455 posts
Member since Sep 2004
I'm not sure why..... but the previous owner of this car decided to drill some holes in the top of the muffler. It might have something to do with the shotty wiring under the hood of the car that was there for the neon lights or the "custom" fibreglass boxes for the 6x9s or maybe even the stickers on the rear windshield

[This message has been edited by Soelasca (edited 01-02-2005).]

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2005 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here's the interior after tonight's excursion. I pulled out the center console to remove the wiring harness to the ECM. I also needed to remove the shifter cables as I'm switching from a Isuzu to a getrag. I sure hope the cables come out in the smae spot for a getrag

I also removed all the insulation in the engine compartment. Actually, I pretty much removed everything in preparation for painting. I removed the battery tray.....well, more like hacked it out with the grinder. It looks like I might do some more work with the POR 15

Elenor84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2005 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Direct Link to This Post
I just relised your from edmonton! My name's Lance. Have you been to the fiero meetings here in town?

Your suspension is looking awesome.

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
Not from Edmonton anymore. I live in Bonnyville (AKA Redneck Haven Alberta) now.
Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post

Soelasca

455 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Got less than I wanted to get done tonight. Turns out that organizing the garage is taking more time than I thought.

However, I did get the aluminum cradle bushings installed.
Here's some pictures and a brief step by step.

1. Engine cradle without bushings.

2. Placed the bushings in the bores.

3. Inserted 2 pieces of 3' long 1/2" ready rod. I'm sure one 4' piece would probably work but they didn't have those in stock.

4. Start to snug up bolts and VOILA! Well..... the picture shows what happens when you don't pay attention to one of the bushings binding. I straightened out the bushing and it all went together well.

5. A few final pictures.

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! Keep the info flowing.

Sour

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Dang that thang is becoming purdy...
PFF
System Bot
Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
I attempted to put the engine and tranny together today. I had everything I thought I needed.

Of course murphy's law is rearing it's ugly head.

Here's a picture of the rear of the engine.

Here's a picture of the flywheel by itself.

Here's a picture of the flywheel against the back of the crank. Notice how the pilot hole seems WAY too big for the pilot

Here's a picture of the flywheel aligned with the dowel pin on the back of the crank. I don't think I need to say more.

If anyone knows what the problem is here. Please give me some insight. Yes, I already know the measurements are wrong. I'm wondering why I got the wrong flywheel from Archie. Did I give him the wrong ordering info? Did he supply me the wrong flywheel. Did his supplier machine this one incorrectly?

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post

Soelasca

455 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Looks like I found out what my problem was.

I got a flywheel for an oldstyle 350. Not sure what went wrong. I'm leaning towards the fact that I probably ordered the kit that way since I didn't really know what engine I was going with when I ordered it.

So, since I started this project I've got a LOT of extra parts.

1 set of front performance springs
1 set of KYB front shocks
1 retrofit roller cam
1 set of retrofit roller lifters
1 set of pushrods for the retrofit lifters
1 set of 3/8" stud roller rockers
1 set of vortec heads
1 flywheel for an oldstyle 350
1 front polyurethane mount for the transmission

I've talked to the performance shop I'm currently using. For $3000 CDN they can put the bottom end of a 302 chevy together for me.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
On a side note, is that front crossmember any different than your 84. I took my 84 apart, and it looks slighly different than your 87. I heard that the later GT models came with a boxed crossmember that was slightly more rigid, but then that would make 3 different pieces, doesn't seem likely.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2005 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post

Jncomutt

8899 posts
Member since Apr 2001
I figured it out. You removed the entire metal section that hold the bump stops... duh. Took me a second. This is the only pic of my 84 that I could dig up in the archives..

------------------

--1986 SE V6, Wild Custom Notchback --For Sale
--1984 SE Modified Notchback

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 03-20-2005).]

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to tell in that picture.

What type of control arms are you using? Are those the stock ones? RCC? or some other type?

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
They are stock LCA for 84... which are different from the factory than later years.
fiero308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero308Send a Private Message to fiero308Direct Link to This Post
I just went thru the whole thread again; good info and thanks for sharing.
If you get a chance could you post a pic of just ONE upper control arm? I saw the shot of the pair but maybe a slightly different view? I am having some built as we speak and would like to take in a pic for interest.

How hard or easy was the POR15 to apply? I hear about having to do ie 3 or 4 steps to properly follow the factory recommendations for that; is that right? Do you think you will be happy with the results and are you ok with the cost? I don't think it is cheap....???

(Unless I missed it) when do you think you will have a pic of the entire front susp (1 corner) with everything assembled? I think you are waiting on a supplier and that situation is ongoing but how far are you from a 'sort of' mockup? Ie is the stuff close enough to assemble but there is an issue with something else (strength after grinding a lot maybe?) or does it not fit at all right now?
Great thread and info; keep it up; you'll be very happy and proud of the results no doubt.
gp

fiero308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2005 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero308Send a Private Message to fiero308Direct Link to This Post

fiero308

542 posts
Member since Apr 2003

Originally posted by Soelasca:

I've talked to the performance shop I'm currently using. For $3000 CDN they can put the bottom end of a 302 chevy together for me.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have been an SBC fan for a LONG time and I know the 302 has an almost cult following in those ranks, but think about that one a bit; how much power or what is it exactly that you want to get out of it (your engine)? A well-built 350 is going to do almost everything you could get from a 302 with prob a lot less cost (more parts avail) and a bit more reliability. NASCAR seems to like the revs it will turn....... did you ever watch the speed/rpm and brake indicator on the bottom corner of the screen? Those things WIND up!! So the talk about a 302 being a high revver......yes it is, but how much higher do you want/need to go?

I saw the nice alum heads and you should be able to get 400 reliable hp out of that 350; maybe more; how much are you after? Edelbrock has a 'canned' 420+HP combo for the 350 that you could look at....... you are partway there now. Regardless of what people say, you have to TRY to get 420hp from 302 cubic inches that much harder.

IIRC the "hot" 302 (the REALLY hot ones) came with a dual cross ram 4 bbl setup.......is that something you would have sticking out of the decklid? Where would you get it? Cost? I have no idea if you are going injected or carbed on your 350; pros and cons for both and a single 4 bbl prob would stick out too; I guess it depends on a lot of things......
But another $3K to spend on nice things would be handy on my project I know......

anyway good luck!

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I was going to get the spindles AND the hubs on tonight, but it turns out the hubs from WCF only came with the bearing races not the bearings themselves. Tommorow I'll be seeing if I can't get the front wheel bearings locally.

Here's some pictures of the front suspension in place. The ball joints are tight. The bolts are just place through the holes to keep them together. Everything will be removed after the test fit and remounted later.

Here's a picture before the spindle was installed on the passenger side.
http://www.soelas.ca/images/62478e4f1b75fee5c6feec901d551286-429.jpg

Driver's side spindle installed with the suspension jacked up. I'm not sure if that's as high as it will go, but at this height I was lifting the whole car

This is the passenger side spindle installed. I took pictures of the assembly without the jack to show the downward travel.

I'm still a little leary of the full travel range of the shock. I won't know exactly how it rides until I get the hubs and tires on (hopefully that'll be tommorow night).

[This message has been edited by Soelasca (edited 01-11-2005).]

KAWKEN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KAWKENSend a Private Message to KAWKENDirect Link to This Post
MY FRIEND I AM PROUD OF YOU. TAKING ON A PROJECT OF THIS NATURE - YOU HAVE MORE GUTS THAN 'DICK TRACEY' - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND GREAT PICTURES - YOU SHOULD BE WORKING FOR NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC...KAWKEN
PFF
System Bot
Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
Interesting....

I was born in Pt. Alberni and still have quite a few Aunts, Uncles and cousins that live there

fiero308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero308Send a Private Message to fiero308Direct Link to This Post
I think it is looking good; what exactly do you mean by the ball joints are tight? Simply that they are in place to stay?
It appears that your control arms are almost horizontal when you jacked that corner up; I dont know what the status is on the engine (and thus total car weight etc) and where else the car is supported but the front is only supported in the middle? By the stack of tires I think, so that wouldn't take that much to jack that corner. I think you will have to load the spring a bit more than now when you DO get the wheel in place, which is fine. I expect you want the control arms to be 'horizontal' at normal ride height and you will load the spring to accomplish that. That is what I am going to do.

What is your concern about the shock travel exactly? It looks maybe even shorter than mine!?!? (wow) what is the free length of the spring you use?

But looking good; are you waiting for other 'stuff' to do with the front end or is it almost done now?
gp

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
My concern is that the shock is going to bottom out when driving under normal conditions.
fiero308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero308Send a Private Message to fiero308Direct Link to This Post
is this a shock/spring that came as part of the control arm kit? From who? Hopefully it is designed for the purpose, altho you have expressed concerns about 'design changes' in your parts...
what rate is the spring? do you know how much total travel you will have? IF the upper shock mounting point has been moved (the design changes you talked about? not sure) then that certainly will affect the shocks normal position, travel and available range.
That is something you will want to get clarified I am sure.
The general concensus that I have seen on shocks is that you want 1/3 avail for rebound and 2/3 for compression. The suspension supplier might be working with other numbers; of course, but you should find that out so you can preload your spring accordingly.

interesting stuff, tho', isn't it.

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2005 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
The springs, shocks, and control arms were all supplied by RCC. WIthout digging up the paperwork, I'm pretty sure the spring rate is 300. I haven't measured accurately yet, but I'd say I've got a total of 4-5 inches travel from fully extended to fully compressed (or at least what I think fully compressed is).

I ordered new bearings today. They should be here tommorow. If I have time, I'll mount the hubs, rotors and wheels and then set them down to see how they look.

I'm trying not to worry about this stuff since I'm going to Mexico on Friday. Don't want to preoocupy my trip with thoughts of fiero paranoia

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post
Looks like my paranoia was just that..... paranoia.

I got my bearings for the front hubs today. Installed the hubs, rotors and wheels. I jacked down the car and let it rest on the wheels to see how they sat. There's still a good 4 inches inbetween the top of the tire and the wheel well, but I'm sure I can tighten that up a bit by adjusting the coilovers.

As far as my paranoia about the shocks bottoming out.... I just don't think that's gonna happen. Those things are STIFF. I sat on the front of the car ( I'm about 260 lbs) and the body only went down about 1/2 ". I jumped on the car as much as I could and couldn't bottom it out. It feels pretty solid.

I'd be posting pictures right now, but it seems my website is down. Perhaps I'll get the pictures up tommorow.

Soelasca

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoelascaClick Here to visit Soelasca's HomePageSend a Private Message to SoelascaDirect Link to This Post

Soelasca

455 posts
Member since Sep 2004
Picture of the hubs

The rotor, spacer and hub on the spindle

Before resting the car on the ground

After resting the car on the ground

fiero308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero308Send a Private Message to fiero308Direct Link to This Post
wow; that's good tho.
If you happen to see the paper work (no tag on the springs themselves? mine do) on the spring rate maybe you could post that but from what I see elsewhere 300 seems like a reasonable rate too. The biggie is the shock travel available. Did you preload the springs a lot? Are the shocks adjustable and did you set them for a high rate (not that they will hold the car up LOL)
Is the engine in the car (adding to the front weight of course)?

This is all stuff I am getting to at this moment with mine so I am interested. Do you know what your total available shock travel is?
I am just wondering how the control arms are sitting (or are GOING to sit) when the car is on all 4's. And is there some sort of built in "stop" for the control arms (couldn't see it but didn't know where they may have built it in) so that the shocks don't act as stops themselves at either limit of motion.

Questions questions.
but it looks like it is fitting together well.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2005 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Did you purchase the hubs, or just bring front rotors to be machined?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock