Started on: 08-25-2005 08:45 PM
Replies: 328
Last post by: F355spider on 09-28-2006 10:53 AM
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2006 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hellbentkrusty:

been trying to e mail but mail keeps bouncing back anyone else have this problem??
clynt

PM sent I have been on this forum a long time and that is an old email account.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

spider was there ever a final verdict on what the new owner was going to do with the car ?

Any final pics ?
allsho80

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for allsho80Send a Private Message to allsho80Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

I canceled the Summit order was going to be another month to get them and ordered them from Lone star racing big mistake they are A$$holes and will not let me return them. I tried to use a die grinder and cut the side window down today and almost had it but when I started to go through it did this.

all day wasted I also have been using the belt sander on one and it works but is so slow I will be sanding this window this time next year. I'm thinking about the sand blaster but I do not think it will work on a side window.
I think I will give up for now and put in the lexan ones I can heat them and shape them for now.

Did you ever consider trying high pressure water jet? I was haveing some 1" steel parts made for another project and they guy with the water jet was saying it would slice right through glass with out breaking it. Just a thought.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
You can try it who knows it might work. You will still have to bend it more when you bring the a pillar down it comes in and if you stretch the roof out like on the chop I am working on now you could get away with it. Also there is tons of room to move the glass around in the door so it might work I always say try it it might work. I am also building a 99 Ranger it will be chopped also I also plan to use the back window out of a Fiero as a conversational piece and I have a good one so why not use it. I want to use a more bubbled out windshield and push it forward to give the truck a more cab forward look if it works out like what I have in my head it will be one sick looking little truck I slammed it to the ground last week and with the chop I hope to get it a little above waist high. It will also end up with a Chevy 5.3 out of a new truck if I get that more power bug.

If you notice when you use this trick you widen the top almost three inches and the side of the rear clip get minimal modification I hope this helps. it might also work if you can cut the side windows. What is his cost to cut them down if it works?
allsho80

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for allsho80Send a Private Message to allsho80Direct Link to This Post

You can try it who knows it might work. You will still have to bend it more when you bring the a pillar down it comes in and if you stretch the roof out like on the chop I am working on now you could get away with it. Also there is tons of room to move the glass around in the door so it might work I always say try it it might work. I am also building a 99 Ranger it will be chopped also I also plan to use the back window out of a Fiero as a conversational piece and I have a good one so why not use it. I want to use a more bubbled out windshield and push it forward to give the truck a more cab forward look if it works out like what I have in my head it will be one sick looking little truck I slammed it to the ground last week and with the chop I hope to get it a little above waist high. It will also end up with a Chevy 5.3 out of a new truck if I get that more power bug.

If you notice when you use this trick you widen the top almost three inches and the side of the rear clip get minimal modification I hope this helps. it might also work if you can cut the side windows. What is his cost to cut them down if it works?

I had 2 one inch thick steel pieces made for my metal break about a foot square each and to design it and material and everything was $125.00 I never asked about price for the glass. I was actually thinking about chopping my '53 Chevy truck and wanted the glass cut for that. He did say it costs $100 hr.
allsho80
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Please let us know if it works out would be cool if it does work. Anything is possible. As soon as I get a spare cab and doors I will chop my little truck I will look around to see if any one here has one of those machines.
allsho80

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2006 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for allsho80Send a Private Message to allsho80Direct Link to This Post

Please let us know if it works out would be cool if it does work. Anything is possible. As soon as I get a spare cab and doors I will chop my little truck I will look around to see if any one here has one of those machines.

allsho80

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2006 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for allsho80Send a Private Message to allsho80Direct Link to This Post

allsho80

61 posts
Member since Mar 2006

I talked to the guy and he said it works great for side glass and was saying, that it takes about 20 min a glass at $100 an hour.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2006 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
So for 100 bucks you can get your side windows cut to fit. That is good but on the fiero the glass is curved in several directions and when the car is chopped the curve is more drastic I see this being great news for more strait window cars but I can only hope for the Fiero. Hopefully some one will try it and find out how it will work.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock