Started on: 07-06-2004 02:22 AM
Replies: 210
Last post by: 86GT3.4DOHC on 04-18-2005 09:00 PM
86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I took the car down to a close muffler shop today, and it had its first brush with the law. Keep in mind it looks like the above pics. Not 1/4 mile from my house, what do I see on the horizion, a lightbar. Sure enough as it got close there was a sheriff car. I watched him slow as I passed him and crossed my fingers, He slowed to what looked like almost a complete stop, but never turned around. He probably just didint what to deal with it. lol.

The muffler shop said he could do my exaust for about $100, Ive already got the muffler, so I have an appointment on the 20th

IP: Logged
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Well, I learned something new about this car. I couldnt figure out why it felt so squirrely under heavy throtte in first, throgh second, and a little into third. A glance in the rear view mirror at the clouds of smoke I was leaving quickly answered all my qestions. I can actualy be going down the road, crusing in 2nd, hit it and and break the rear end loose, and I dont mean just a squeak, were talking full out fishtailing. Of course it has 185 70 14s on it, I probably wont be able to do that with the 225 50 15s .... darn

The stupid thing keeps tossing belts though. I removed a small shim from behind the idler pulley, and it got better, but still not perfect.
I drove it into town to have the frame rustproofed. I talked them into coating EVERYTHING. the only parts that will not be rustproofed will be the engine, and the front trunk area, they're doing the rear trunk, seat pans, sides, roof, underside, fender wells, bmpers. sweet

Then I pick it up tomorrow, and take it by work to allign it, and drop it off at the muffler shop to have the exaust done wends.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2004 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:
I can actualy be going down the road, crusing in 2nd, hit it and and break the rear end loose, and I dont mean just a squeak, were talking full out fishtailing. Of course it has 185 70 14s on it, I probably wont be able to do that with the 225 50 15s .... darn.

well shoot.. i may have to get some faty tires for my turbo 3.4tdc

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2004 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I went to pick up the car and the undercoating was still very wet, so I couldnt take it to the muffler shop. Now im pushed back to nov 1st. I did get the paint for the body today though.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2004 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Its acting kinda wierd (go figure) It hesistates real bad, feels like an auto 2.8 until about 4k, then it pins you in the seat and soars to 7k. This is possibly due to the auto chip, or and number of other things, I'll figure it out and let you guys know.
It still hauls though, I left about 30' of rubber in the alley behind work from a roll. that was the only time it really felt right through the whole power range. I should go get some pics of the alley .

I did mess it up the other day, I left it on the allignment rack all day with teh key on engine off after alligning it. On top of a dead battery I ended up with a burnt out ignition module, IAC, and then fouled the plugs. That sucked. But its running great now.
The only problem is that after idling for a while it will keep going down lower and lower until about 600 RPM, it will then swing wildly until it chokes out. I fixed that by jumpering the power steering switch to make it think the engine was under more load and idle up.

I let a guy at work take it for a spin, he's always ragging on Fieros and giving me a hard time about my obsession. You should have seen the look on his face when he got back. I dont think he'll lay off me, but im pretty sure he has a new respect for these cars now lol. No one ever told me how awesome that it sounds though. It sounds like crap when you hit the clutch and let it rev down, but under acceleration it sounds amazing. Especialy echoing between buildings.

I got the paint for the body, and the exuast should be done the 1st, soon I should have something more interesting to post, and some more pics.

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
The exaust is done, it sounds great.
I'll get some pics when I find my camera

Now a quick recap.
Parts needed
engine from a 93 lumina
wiring from a fiero
wiring connector from the body of a DOHC car
neutrally balanced flywheel (88 fiero, or most any GM 88+)
3 engine mounts from a 78 dodge truck, 318. (only needed to lower engine if desired)
engine dogbone mount from fiero 2.8
ultamate dogbone (to modify)
flex coolant hose for pass side
molded coolant hose for drivers side (the number escapes me, its in this post somewhere)
heater hose from 88 4cyl Fiero from pass side engine bay, to cross firewall
4 foot 1/2" heater hose for brake booster
88 4cyl throtte cable
2 V6 fiero pressure lines (coupled together)
1 V6 fiero return line (both lines ran on drivers side)
an otherwise stock Fiero

anyone wanting more info on the conversion, please ask, I tried to document as well as possible, I know I still need to add the dogbone build up

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2004 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
ordered my engine/trans mounts today to lower the engine - and i have an ultimate dogbone ready to modify
got my neutral balanced flywheel on order
my spec stage 2 clutch is here
9" long cat and two 12" long glasspacks
walbro fuel pump

One thing i want to do is eliminate the normal crank case vent lines - run the 3 lines through a catchcan and through the pcv valve
nothing i hate more than the oil slick build up in the intake and the following carbon buildup onthe valves and pistons.

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2004 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I drove it down the road to a weigh station today. That little pig weighs 2200 lbs stripped !! I couldnt believe it. Little more than a seat, drive train, and lights. 860 front 1340 rear. I cant quite figure out where its at... Man im afraid of what its gonna weigh when I get doors and everything on it
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2004 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
fiero is a heavy framed car - thats WHY its so safe - ever try comparing the weight of a fiero door to the weight of an import door..
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I still dont have my digital camera back
Ive got the dash, center console and guage cluster installed. Ive got a little more to do before Im waiting solely on the body. FYI, the floor pan drain plugs that rust out, are still available from GM ~5$ ea. I can provide part numbers if anyone needs them
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

I still dont have my digital camera back
Ive got the dash, center console and guage cluster installed. Ive got a little more to do before Im waiting solely on the body. FYI, the floor pan drain plugs that rust out, are still available from GM ~5$ ea. I can provide part numbers if anyone needs them

please do.

PFF
System Bot
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Still no digi-cam and still no body. Im gonna call the guy and see if he got anything done this weekend, or what I can do to ensure some progress next weekend. I just wish hed get me the FB clip and roof pannel, so I can start the exterior, and finish the interior, and most importantly, so it wont rain in my car anymore. lol

Is anyone still watching this thread?

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
I have most of the 3.4 threads bookmarked
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

No, not at all.

cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2004 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
Yup yup...I also have most DOHC threads bookmarked...

------------------
1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed For Sale
14.78 @ 92.68

1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed For Sale
Offered to donated its organs to Fiero

84Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2004 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84Fiero2M4Send a Private Message to 84Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post
Ya I've been watching this thread for while now, I think since I registered.

------------------
*Sponsered by Sport Compact Pro*
1984 White Pontiac Fiero 2M4 - Formula Front End, JVC Stereo, Pioneer Speakers, Red Neons, Eagle Rims
1986 Black Pontiac Fiero GT - 1000 o.b.o. Willing to trade for Sportbike,Camaro or Firebird, W-Body, Yamaha Banshee, or 4x4 Jeep or Truck

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2005 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Finaly some more progress, im going tomorrow afternoon to pick up the body from paint. Will take pics and fill in when I get back. (Yea finally got the digital camera back, now I gotta catch up on all the pics I promised)
84Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2005 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84Fiero2M4Send a Private Message to 84Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2005 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I got some pics of the pannels all layed out in my diningroom, and some final pics of the chassis. I was going to get progress pics, but I went too fast. Now Ive just gotta put he decklid and hood on. Im waiting for a lock set to arrive to put door skins on.
I havent had time to upload the pics, soon hopefuly I'll have compelted pics

Im now taking reservations to ride in it

ALSO. BIG news.
I just heard that from a friend of mine who owns a junk yard, he has an 88 GT t-top, excelent condition, EXCEPT someone rana a fork lift through it The windshield, rear glass and one t-top are damaged. But im always up for a challenge. Also he just bought an impound yard, and they had a really nice fiero with aftermarket parts and what not, that hes talking about just dropping off at my house !!!! Of course theres another catch, it was sitting like 15' from a small river, and weve had record floods in the last day. So if its still there, im betting its very wet. Nothing seems to go my way. So it looks like my next big project is coming up soon

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2005 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKDirect Link to This Post
I call first ride!!! ...Soon as I find a way to get to Ohio...
PFF
System Bot
Voided

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoidedSend a Private Message to VoidedDirect Link to This Post
I called first ride a LOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. heheh

And I'm just 15 mins. away!

[This message has been edited by Voided (edited 02-22-2005).]

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

... Also he just bought an impound yard, and they had a really nice fiero with aftermarket parts and what not, that hes talking about just dropping off at my house !!!! Of course theres another catch, it was sitting like 15' from a small river, and weve had record floods in the last day. So if its still there, im betting its very wet.

There's a buy in my Fiero club who had his Formula stolen. It was recovered from the bottom of a pond where it had sat for three days. He took it home and flushed everything: computer, gauge clusters, ect. He dranined and flushed the motor, tranny, fuel tank. Through the carpet, seats door panels, headliner in the garbage and replaced with used parts donated by club members. And, after a few days of tinkering, it fire up and is still working today. That was three or four years ago. As long as you don't let too much time go by and rust everything up, who knows, the car may be salavageable.

On another note, have you installed the Dodge mounts yet (Opps, I just re-read the whole thread and realized you did this a LONG time ago... It's been so long I forget )? I gave a brief attempt to it on my DOHC on an extra 87 cradle but couldn't make things line up. I'd like some more details on how it's done.

Still watching and reading,

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

[This message has been edited by mrfixit58 (edited 02-22-2005).]

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2005 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Im just waiting on a windshiled and the weather to clear up a little. I just ordered rims and tires for it17" up front and 18" in the back, and I ordered gsxrbobbys 12" brake kit. I want to get this finished so I can start on my 3.8SC 4T60 swap in my 86SE t-top
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
oohh, and the paint actualy looks great, it just didnt photograph well

I was hoping for he best, but I knew the offest wouldnt be perfect

they really look great, but the flash of the camera lights up all the junk in the wheel well, brakes etc so they dont photograph well

my dogbone made from a stock 2.8 mount and a "ultamate" 4cyl dogbone, not finalized yet

The interiors finished, I just need to button up the console, I apparently forgot a cotter pin cause the shift linkage poped off a couple of days ago

[This message has been edited by 86GT3.4DOHC (edited 03-04-2005).]

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

86GT3.4DOHC

10007 posts
Member since Apr 2004

the pass side still has the stock 15x7 86GT rims on it

its hard to get a good pic in my garage

oh, and the vin

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

I was hoping for he best, but I knew the offest wouldnt be perfect

doh - that 88 offset'l get ya

so whats your solution? space out the rears to match? or send back the rims for a different offset?

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Im trying to determine if it'll hurt anything, its not that bad in person, I might just run with them until I find another set I like, these look great on my 86, so I think I'll move them to there later. Now im trying to find a matching 20 for the rear and 18 for the front, in a simular design, but with the right offset
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2005 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
I got the windshiled installed today. Man its running a little rough, plus Ive got a nasty electric power drain that started when I put the body back on, I just cant seem to track it down. I noticed it was lacking a little power (HP)today, not a ton, but a little. I didnt realize I had left the E-brake on until I got to work, lol. I also notice a nasty vibration under hard acceleration. I got it up in the air to find out ive bent the pass side driveshaft . Damn... It wobbles pretty good if you watch it up in the air

[This message has been edited by 86GT3.4DOHC (edited 03-10-2005).]

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Well I figured out why it was running rough, actualy I found a this a week or so ago, the lower intake gaskets were blown, bad. That and the CTS was not making contact with the connector. Got that all fixed up, and bought a stick chip for the dealer ship to get rid of the limp in mode from the VSS error. Its running pretty good, but noticable slower. A trip to the scales solved that questoin. This fat littly piggy, with 1/2 tank and no driver weighs in at a hefty 2900 pounds. Thats a 700 lb increase, roughly 33% more. Dropping my power to weight ratio from 10 to 1 (est 220 and 2200 lbs) to 13.5 to 1. Its nowhere near as insane as it used to be, its still quick and all, but not the same. My GF was behind me the other night when some guy in a mustang tried to race me from 2 lanes over. I didnt see him until he was 2 car lenghts ahead of me. I dumped it into 2nd and floored it, she was driving behind me and said it looked like the other guy was standing still. I dont know I never couldnt see him, as I dont have a rear view mirror in the car yet, lol.

Of course im pretty sure thats when I ripped my dogbone in half. Man I wish I had a picture. Ripped about 50% of the weld, and the other half it just ripped metal from the other half of the dogbone. All jagged and crap, it was mean looking. But I really miss that wild unrestrained dangerous feeling. So I guess my next step is to increase the HP by 33% to compensate. That means I need to make 292 crank HP.
NOS is out of the questoin, turbo just isnt what im looking for. Im still trying to come up with a 3.8 supercharger to see about retrofitting onto the engine, but for now im gonna try modified 96-97 intakes and come up with some headers. Does anyone know where you can get headers for the 91-95 DOHC engines?

fiero308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero308Send a Private Message to fiero308Direct Link to This Post
have you checked out Mike Smiths webpage on the "big box" plenum and cam timing? He had the newer motor but still.... went from about 188 whp to about 240 (whp) by putting on the 'box' plenum and a bit of cam timing with the stock cams. THAT is prob close to where you are heading...........
pretty awesome increase!!!!

PFF
System Bot
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Its crossed my mind, but he also had headers, If I can find flanges, I can make an intake, the headers are out of my leauge. I need to find somewhere to buy them. Also I know I need to work on my timing cause the engine just runs out of steam at 120, so im betting the cam timing is off a hair. Im going to borrow the scanner from work tomorrow and make sure im not going lean or anything but I dont think so.
AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2005 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
I don't want to advertise, but I have built equal length headers for the 3.4l dohc, and I will be building some for a Fiero this summer. When it gets to be that time, I will take preorders and copy my set a number of times, and then custom tune the headers to your car, your motor, your mods, and your driving desires. I can also make custom intake manifolds, but this won't come till later. I would love to start ont he ehaders earlier, I get my 88GT at the end of May, and I get my 3.4l crate engine at the end of April. So hopefully this summer, but there is a high probability it will have to wait until Christmas 2005. I'm working on it tho, keep your eyes peeled, and it will be worth it. The LQ1 reacts to equal length headers like no motor I've ever seen before.

------------------
1988GT 5-speed
Black with grey leather, I pick it up this May!

1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed
Stock, new crate engine and transmission

Want custom equal length headers for your V6 Fiero?

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
You mentioned earlier in the thread that your original coolant hoses ended up not fitting after you redid the mounts. Do you have the part number/applications for the hoses that ended up working out? I'm ready to do the plumbing for my swap.
Also, how much clearance do you have between your O2 sensor and the trunk wall? I installed a new O2 sensor today and found that it would only take 3/4" of backward movement to snap the top off it. I don't see where I did anything different from your mounts though.. I even switched the rear tranny mount to the shorter 2266 mount today as you used.. but the engine didn't get any lower! It seems it may have just stretched out the mount when I tightened the nut instead of pulling the tranny down. It just seems I have more interference... had to trim the dogbone support on the right strut tower to clear the timing belt cover too. Did you have to use spacers anywhere on the mounts to get it level?

-Steven

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Yea I think I used a piece of 3/16" steel under the front engine mount. You shouldnt have to trim any part of the frame stock mounted or otherwise, you may have some kind of mounting issue. My o2 sensor actualy touches the trunk, the ceramic piece on the top is in constant contact with the edge of the trunk wall
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

Yea I think I used a piece of 3/16" steel under the front engine mount. You shouldnt have to trim any part of the frame stock mounted or otherwise, you may have some kind of mounting issue. My o2 sensor actualy touches the trunk, the ceramic piece on the top is in constant contact with the edge of the trunk wall

Ah, ok. Your engine must be tilted back more than mine. I swapped in the 2266 mount today for the rear tranny mount but it didn't really do much for moving the engine back. I think I need to relocate the hole on the tranny bracket to get it to sit right. That would explain why you didn't have to trim the dogbone support by the strut tower, as it is sloped such that the engine just needs to be a bit lower to clear it... which yours is.

Any luck finding the part #s or applications for the radiator hoses?

-Steven

Blue Shift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2005 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue ShiftSend a Private Message to Blue ShiftDirect Link to This Post
How'd you guys handle the coolant fill? I've been too lazy to put the last hose on my coolant system, but I'm getting back to it now. My heater re-route is complete and my passenger side coolant tube is in place (stock fiero 2.8 hose with some trimming), but I haven't found a hose (molded or otherwise) for the driver side. Be interesting to see what you did.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blue Shift:

How'd you guys handle the coolant fill? I've been too lazy to put the last hose on my coolant system, but I'm getting back to it now. My heater re-route is complete and my passenger side coolant tube is in place (stock fiero 2.8 hose with some trimming), but I haven't found a hose (molded or otherwise) for the driver side. Be interesting to see what you did.

Should only cost you $10 or $15 at the radiator shop to have a filler neck added to your thermostat gooseneck. I'm not sure whether you want a vented cap on there or not though.. I'll see how it works out.

-Steven

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
I cut up the stock fill neck to use it without the thermostat and connected it to the stock neck using the 2.8's upper rubber hose fromt he stock crossover pipe. I reuse as many stock parts as possible for cost and ease of finding replacements later.

Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blue Shift:

If you're going to use the factory 3.4 gooseneck you can use a driver's hose from an 88 (and probably 87 is the same) coupe with no mods. It will have to bend 90 degrees over its entire length but it only slightly reduces the diameter at one point. Shouldn't be a problem. It will not have to bend at all if you have a modified gooseneck that just points straight out the driver's side of the engine. On mine that would interfere with the Isuzu tranny shift cables so I can't use a modified gooseneck.
It turns out my passenger side hose does fit, I just hadn't tried it upside down. It will rub on the A/C compressor pulley but I should be able to tether it to the passenger side framerail or the heater line using some zip-ties. Since its the return from the radiator it shouldn't ever hot enough to damage them. Otherwise it looks like a simple enough hose to find at the auto part's store; its short with just a few bends. If I have to go that route I'll post part #s in my buildup thread (https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/057894.html) or here if this thread is still active.

-Steven

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock