3000GT DASHBOARD UPDATE by scarletmacaw9
Started on: 08-02-2004 10:53 PM
Replies: 53
Last post by: GPXSS on 11-20-2004 01:50 AM
scarletmacaw9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
HI all well here the finish dash that I started 2 weeks ago .mostly wait for the gauges .hope you guys like it new looks .I know do.now it needs some cleaning up to do

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
WOW... thats all i have to say... it looks REALLY good adn it seems to have been very well done... a plus to you...

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
Not bad, Not bad at all!!!! That looks amazing, great work. +!!!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Damn thats really nice with those guages and speaker pods. You just have to clean it up and sort out the little details... then swap in some door panels, change the colour of the pillars and headliner. Great Job! You get a + ... and how hard was the wiring for the gauges and what brand are they?
DotTC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotTCClick Here to visit DotTC's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotTCDirect Link to This Post
looks nice.. imo, the speakers ruin the whole thing but overall it looks good..

------------------
1988 Aero 88 coupe.. 2.8l v6.. more mods to come.
Photo Gallery - Fiero Links

gumert

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gumertSend a Private Message to gumertDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:
and how hard was the wiring for the gauges and what brand are they?

I agree. How hard was it to get the guages and climate controls to work?

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
thanks. Yes I'm very please the way it turned out. I will work on the panels next. about the speakers I can mount them flush on the dash but I kinda like them face up like that with the grills like that and sound excellent too.
Korupt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KoruptSend a Private Message to KoruptDirect Link to This Post
i donno the dash looks great but the speakers need to be flush mounted
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
I agree. How hard was it to get the guages and climate controls to work?

well not that hard. the climate control I use fiero orginal it fit right in no need to cut or rewired. the gauges wiring not that's hard either . got some help on here to identify the wire color .

speedometer is 200mph Autometer electric = 2 wires from fiero conector purple/black and Yellow i connected yellow to ground and purple/blck to SIG on the gauge and other wire from the gauge go to parking light
the tachometer I traced there is 3 wire connect to old tach from the connector but only one need to connect to new tach

i

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey man thats pretty badass......you did a good job fitting the dash in, are you going to got the the 3000's door panels also?
-Roy

------------------
I own an original yellow 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, (wingless, currently purple) ....Truly is.....Driving Exitement!

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice! I can't wait until I get to my interior aswell...

------------------

Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!! *Under~Surgery*

PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
hummm NICE !

What Year dash?

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2004 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
Dash year? I think they all the same any from 97-03
cenneth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2004 04:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cennethClick Here to visit cenneth's HomePageSend a Private Message to cennethDirect Link to This Post
thats looks really sweet! Was there much cutting to do to fit it in and do the AC-unit fit exactly or do you have to frame it somehow? The gauges, do they exactly fit in the holes? From the pictures it looks perfect to me, a plus for you!
So did you buy the whole interior or only the dashboard, ie what pieces do I need to buy to get the swap starting over here? :-)

------------------

http://www.fieroforum.tk

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2004 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Man, that looks realy good. Way to go and way to try something new.

------------------
-Chris - Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 3.4 5spd
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 being installed

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"
Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2004 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
there are alot of small cutting .I mostly cut by hand. dash acutally fit right in but cut in about 1/2'' -to 1'' at defog vent. and cut the inner glove box to fited.basicly tha's itt.ac vent actaully about 1/8'' off no big deal air pretty much pass through no blockage.but 2 vent at passenger side and driver side need to run a flexible hose to direct air. I fasten it with 3 screw at top 2 at the bottom .and it very tight in place
jeffndebrus

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2004 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusDirect Link to This Post
I must say that although the stock dash has never been a problem for me that you did an excellant job with this modification!!
Nice work!
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any pictures and other info. your going to post showing to install, it looks good. I would like to see just what was involved.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
86 Fiero GT, 93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Damn thats really nice with those guages and speaker pods. You just have to clean it up and sort out the little details... then swap in some door panels, change the colour of the pillars and headliner.

I don't know, I kind of like the Black and Tan (Guiness drinker)...although I might change the headliner and the lower door panels to black, just to extend the theme to the rest of the car...

------------------
88 Formula, "Asphalt Aviator"

Celebrate Artesian New Year!!!

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 08-17-2004).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
black and light tan is a great mix - the combo i did was tan seats, door vinyl, center consol and dash - the pillars, carpets, doors carpets, firewall cover, and headliner all went black - looked really sharp (did i mention i love guiness)

edit for pic: it needed a new steering wheel tho

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 08-17-2004).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

black and light tan is a great mix - the combo i did was tan seats, door vinyl, center consol and dash - the pillars, carpets, doors carpets, firewall cover, and headliner all went black - looked really sharp (did i mention i love guiness)

edit for pic: it needed a new steering wheel tho

Yeah, that's the ticket, I hadn't realized how far up the console the carpet extends. Looks tuff...
Guiness, yum, I like Hefeweizen, too, and dark German beer...oops, we now return you to our regularly scheduled topic...

------------------

PFF
System Bot
richfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richfieroSend a Private Message to richfieroDirect Link to This Post
that looks alot better than the fiero dash great job !!!
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post
Looks cool, it's nice to see a unique dash swap go well!

Nate

------------------

My Web page

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
The 3000 dash setup looks great!

Here's another picture of black and tan for anyone interested... I was still in the process of putting it together but it is far enough along that you get the idea...

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I really like the interior door re-skin. Who did that for you? The diagonal stripe really wakes up the interior! Scarletmacaw, I'd give you another plus if I could, great job!!!

------------------

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I had a local upholstery guy sew the door panels for me. I had him find material that matched the new seats and sew it with the diagonal black stripe. He actually didn't do what I wanted. The black stripe was supposed to be farther forward where the entire black section of the door handle would be enclosed in the black. I still think it looks better than stock Fiero though.

The new panel cover is padded and just glued on over the old door panel. We did get rid of the ridge where the two parts come together on the original panel though. We wanted it to be smooth.

I used to use an upholstery guy up in Madison when I lived in Nashville. He had a shop real close to the mall there.. Seems like last I heard though, he had moved his shop to his house in Hendersonville. He did great work and for a great price!

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
another black and tan (beechwood)

Rob

------------------

88 TTop coupe (CJB #95), 96 3.4DOHC/5 speed in progress

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
OK Here it goes .a month ago I bought my first Fiero.can't wait get my hands on it. next day I started to clean up the car drive around for 1 day ok good enought .I'm just the guy who like car but don't known anything about mechanic dont even know how to change oil. anyway second day of own the car i got the itched to do more so i .I siad what the heck it is only fiero not BMW . by my surprised. I took the dashboard off in 20 minus and by using a steak knife screw driver and socket tool I was able to installed the 3000gt dash inplace in one day so easy than i expected. and for 2 week of waiting for the gauges to arived I drove around with fiero dash and installed the new cd player and arlam with keyless entry .this save over $200 for the store to install the arlam and keyless entry . well the photo above show the speakers it sound excellent.

NOW 4 weeks later .I can't stop next thing I know my car is bare to the bone . i cut the front the fender...etc
here see it your self

dash with new cd player

look no windshield

speakers are sit lower now

and no front bumper radiator will be sit where the spr tire was

no roof no back window

done all of this in 2 days . don't know what come up next

Slater_334

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Slater_334Send a Private Message to Slater_334Direct Link to This Post
what are you trying to do? i like the dash, but im confused as to why you are gutting your fiero

[This message has been edited by Slater_334 (edited 08-19-2004).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
DIY choptop?
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Surgical weight loss junkie?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
jeffndebrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusDirect Link to This Post
He does a nice dash conversion and then decides to quickly destroy the remainder of the car with his sawsall??????
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
cut off the front bumper.. i'm guessing lambo?
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2004 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
yes it is. look far back there are 2 body parts stand against the wall ,waiting for bolt on. I hope I will able to install them next week . there will be more more photo when I done more.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2004 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
86 Fiero GT, 93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
My build thread
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/048624.html

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
well I just changed the stickshift yesterday. new aftermwrket shifter .nicer look may be I cut a little too short

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
you did brace the frame right?
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
not yet will do some welding next week. just changed the sparklugs today . since i don't know when did the previous owner did it. anyway because there is no roof no backlid it makes easier to get to 3 sparklug infront but still very hard to get them out. cost me few cut and bruised. glad i did it because the old they look clean but the gap r all differrent . there is one sparklug with no gap at all
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

DIY choptop?

it got chopped ok...lol

------------------

*~*CUSTOM BUILT!!*~*

*~*W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!*~* *~*UNDER SURGERY!!*~*
*~*Ultimate Mod Coming Soon!!*~*

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2004 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
right now i call it fiero roadster
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock