Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  FIERO GOD OF FIRE STRIKETH AGAIN (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FIERO GOD OF FIRE STRIKETH AGAIN by GTDude
Started on: 06-30-2004 09:33 AM
Replies: 100
Last post by: 84Bill on 07-18-2004 06:41 PM
Azriel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-05-2004 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielDirect Link to This Post
Saw a car at a show acouple years ago with CO2 tanks, and nitrous purge valves in all 4 corners of the engine bay. Not a fiero, but with used pasts it'd be cheap.
IP: Logged
86 gt fastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 gt fastbackSend a Private Message to 86 gt fastbackDirect Link to This Post
sorry to hear "again" dude. why part out? i think this is repairable....

hans

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

You've owned five Fieros and they all burned.
I believe that you have been a skilled automotive technician for 27 years but with your skill, this still happens.
Funny coincidence isn't it?. After five straight Fiero fires I don't buy it one bit.
Something is not quite right here; either extreme carelessness, a severe substance abuse problem, an insurance job, or perhaps the individual is a pyromaniac.
What are the odds of five fieros burning for the same owner?. Let's get real, and let's be honest, those Fieros were torched. Not to be hard on you Phil, but you did admit to me a while back that you liked narcotics. Am I getting warm?

Dennis,........yep on a bunch of meds for my back injury. That does not make you a pyromaniac. Each of the fires was quite unique and several my fault, but not by choice. Why would I spend countless hours painting and redoing the interior just to burn it. I am quite sure the insurance co will not give me anything CLOSE to what I have in the car. Sounds quite ridiculous to burn a car to lose money....and I have lost money on all but one. Everyone has their own opinion. This is yours and it'[s quite off base.

Phil

------------------
86 GT TTops, 3.4 Auto.....bought from Doug of Fiero Warehouse

GM auto tech for 27 years. Specializing in electrical and computer problems. I will never be able to return as an auto tech again. I get EXTREME satisfaction helping others and will go to Extreme levels to help you if you need help. I have LOTS of free time on my hands. This forum and the help I give, allow me to have a purposeful life. Bring on the problems......LOL.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

After five straight Fiero fires I don't buy it one bit.

For the record:
There were Fieros in between that did not burn. I own one of them.
roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroDirect Link to This Post
Lets not be disrespectful......I am in need of a part for my fiero and Phil is doing a great job helping me out......

------------------
I own an original yellow 1988 pontiac fiero GT, (wingless, currently purple) very proud also....Truly is...Driving Excitement!

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2004 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Phil, please keep a sense of humor about all this. It really is a tragedy to hear this happens and worse to one guy over and over again. I think some of the posts are just ribbing you. I mean, who would post each time it happens? Wouldn't a person try to cover up a string of mishaps? You're obviously too honest to do that.
GTDude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Thank you very much. I feel like I have regained a positive view of my integrity.

Phil

------------------

GM auto tech for 27 years. Specializing in electrical and computer problems. I will never be able to return as an auto tech again. I get EXTREME satisfaction helping others and will go to Extreme levels to help you if you need help. I have LOTS of free time on my hands. This forum and the help I give, allow me to have a purposeful life. Bring on the problems......LOL.

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Me personally am very saddened to see everyone dogging on Phil for his run of bad luck. I feel very sorry for Phil and all he's gone through and im sure he did not want to be called a fraud or a dumbass!!! All of these comments are very degrading and me personally right now im buying parts of this car that got burned. He is very helpful and he's never not answered my emails. Phil is a very nice guy and i feel bad for all his fieros that got burned unfortunately. But this time phil's ready to kick those fiero fire gods ass's this time cause he's got his t-top 86GT loaded with fire extingushers Good luck to you phil and dont let anyones comments bring you down.

------------------

Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-14-2004 05:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't worry too much about the flamers. They probably all got a few negatives for their trouble.

Calling someone a POS without any real proof is bad, m'kay.

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Azriel:

I wouldn't worry too much about the flamers.

HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA! You said FLAMERS!
man its hard not to have a sense of humor about that

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by X86GT:

Maybe you should consider one of these. Its a AFFF wet system as opposed to Halon 1211 and can be recharged by the user.

https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/Firecharger.jpg

http://www.firecharger.com/

That's a pretty reasonable system... and looks quite effective. I think I'll look into one of those myself! (+ for you for sharing the link!)

PFF
System Bot
GTDude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
ANOTHER + HERE !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info.

Phil

------------------

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

For the record:
There were Fieros in between that did not burn. I own one of them.

That's why it is not burned... you have it!

DrK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrKSend a Private Message to DrKDirect Link to This Post
wait, this is some insurance scam, right?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Speaking of fires, did anyone else hear about the Honda CRVs catching on fire after an oil change? It seems they leak oil unto the catalytic converter and flame up, if the oil is not changed correctly. Im betting they have a crush ring, on the oil pan bolt, that needs to be replaced at every oil change.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Phil, after commenting on your experience with five fires in five separate Fieros, I was not flaming you, just wondering about the root cause. Since your experience really pushes the extreme odds; could bad luck really be the only cause?????
I have trouble believing that a skilled GM trained automotive technician such as yourself w 27 yrs experieince would have five Fieros that burned. It would seem logical that these fires were not all "Acts of God" but I must admit anything is possible.
Without passing judgement all I will say is that your experience seems unusual. It should be pointed out that there are people who enjoy and get off on this type of thing. My wife works as a nurse in a psychiatric hospital and there are folks on her ward who get really excited and aroused when they torch something and watch it burn up.
I'd be surprised if we did not find an arsonist somewhere in this episode.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo Best 0-60 5.2 seconds
http://www.turbochargerpower.com/turbo.htm

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2004 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

So how many cars did you burn to the ground at work in your 27 years of GM Electrical and computer work? You are not doing something right with Fiero's, thats for sure.

Not to kick when someones down, But I was wondering the same exact thing.????????

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2004 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Phil, after commenting on your experience with five fires in five separate Fieros, I was not flaming you, just wondering about the root cause. Since your experience really pushes the extreme odds; could bad luck really be the only cause?????
I have trouble believing that a skilled GM trained automotive technician such as yourself w 27 yrs experieince would have five Fieros that burned. It would seem logical that these fires were not all "Acts of God" but I must admit anything is possible.

Yeah, perhaps it is a GM conspiracy to eliminate Fieros off the face of the earth. Then they can deny they ever existed... Or, maybe Phil is actually a GM stooge whose sole purpose is to eradicate the Fiero race!!! BuaHahahaaaa!!!! The psychological reason is also entertaining Dennis. I hope it was somewhat in jest, but it made me go hhhmmm...

GTDude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2004 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to everyone for their support. I fully admit that each fire was my fault and each one caught fire for a diff reason, but I NEVER purposely set fire to anything.

Fire #`1.......threw a rod.....hot exhaust caught car on fire
Fire # 2.......pulled off the road to take a leak and car got stuck and cat caught car on fire.
Fire # 3.......at Vets office, had car running to keep it warm for my dog who had surgery and
had a bad vac leak that made the car idle fast and the manifolds turned cherry red
and caught a VC leak on fire.
Fire #4 .......car I bought in Florida......drove it about 20 miles before it overheated. I suspect
it had an oil leak.
Fire # 5........checking for no start and sprayed fuel when I tested the fuel supply. Caught fire
when the jumper cables arced as I removed them.

Now you know what and how all 5 caught fire. All were my fault except # 4. I hope this satisfies some of the pyro suggesting nay sayers. Thanks

Phil

------------------

Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-18-2004 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielDirect Link to This Post
We can't rule out evil gremlins. Ya gotta watch out for the red ones.

(someone please find all of these fire pics, and photosho... er enhance the image to see if there are several little gremlins running away with a can of gas.)

[This message has been edited by Azriel (edited 07-18-2004).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post07-18-2004 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
I must be paranoid or something because when ever I see this thread pop up I have the feeling another of your fieros went poof!!
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock