Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  88 front rotors- my Cavalier swap (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
88 front rotors- my Cavalier swap by jelly2m8
Started on: 06-23-2003 10:14 PM
Replies: 42
Last post by: jelly2m8 on 07-24-2003 12:33 AM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2003 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
I haven't ordered from this outfit, but this link was just posted on the Fiero Racing List: http://webepc.com/cgi-bin/sewse?/home/httpd/cmm/scripts/epc10.cmm+world

IP: Logged
DZ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DZSend a Private Message to DZDirect Link to This Post
I have several extra sets of hubs so am going to do the swap. If I have 1/2 inch taken off is that correct? Don't want to take off to much, but want them to fit. Also do you press the hub out of the spindle? I have driven some of them out with a hammer, but think this might damage the bearing.
jelly2m8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2003 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
DZ, I have to do the brakes on my T-Top real soon ( skitime is comming!), I will measure the difference in flange diameter from a stock hub, to one of my machined ones., off hand, it may be 1/2" off the total diameter, but don't go cutting that much off yet!

I don't hit on the flange itself to get stuck bearings out of the spindle, I hit on the mounting flange.

I think this picture I'm gonna post is one I edited for Rikker to show where i hit the flange with a hammer and drift to free a rusted in bearing.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock